Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emma Raducanu 2022 23:41 - Jan 10 with 12571 viewsDr_Parnassus

Right, new year, new Raducanu thread for the believers and non believers out there.

She kicks off the season in Sydney later today against Elena Rybakina looking for a win and some nice form going into the Aussie Open. It’s a fairly comfortable Rybakina win for me.

Straight sets if I was pushed. Although always difficult to predict after the Xmas break.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 23:51 - Jan 10 with 3214 viewsbritferry

Has she had the jab though?

Asking for Ronald

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 05:30 - Jan 11 with 3139 viewsWhiterockin

I think she is young and talented but over hyped. Currently not as good as she is made out to be by the press and needs to get her head down and work hard this year. Financially IMO she is set up for life so really she should just be able to concentrate on tennis. She is going to need a thick skin because the British press build you up and will knock you down just as quickly, so it depends how she adapts to this. I can't see her winning anything this year unless she gets a lot of luck, again.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 08:29 - Jan 11 with 3084 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 05:30 - Jan 11 by Whiterockin

I think she is young and talented but over hyped. Currently not as good as she is made out to be by the press and needs to get her head down and work hard this year. Financially IMO she is set up for life so really she should just be able to concentrate on tennis. She is going to need a thick skin because the British press build you up and will knock you down just as quickly, so it depends how she adapts to this. I can't see her winning anything this year unless she gets a lot of luck, again.

Whatever happens she’s already achieved more than most tennis players.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 10:23 - Jan 11 with 3054 viewsDr_Parnassus

Well we are some way into the second set and she is yet to win a game.

6-0 3-0 down.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 10:43 - Jan 11 with 3032 viewsDr_Parnassus

6-0 6-1 defeat

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 11:07 - Jan 11 with 3009 viewstrampie

I went in big on Rybakina after her run to the final in Adelaide (easy money off the bookies) with Raducanu having covid just last month and not playing.
I never normally bet on sets score, usually not brave enough, but I was very bullish about 2-0 so had a little tickle on the set score as well as the match outcome, normally I strongly fancy a tennis selection I just go with a bigger stake as opposed to a straight sets win which I did but also had a small wager on 2-0, perhaps I should look at the merits of predicting the sets score.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 11:14]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 11:21 - Jan 11 with 2991 viewstrampie

Raducanu is turning out to be very profitable whether betting on or against her, I wonder if that will continue (with her seemingly being easy to predict) in the future, she might be a player who is good when she is on form and not good when she is off form to a far greater degree than other players, all to be seen I suppose.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 11:55 - Jan 11 with 2957 viewsA_Fans_Dad

She is the classic flash in the pan tennis player.
With all the sponsorship and her prize money she doesn't need to win anything at all.
She may even retire early.
Login to get fewer ads

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 20:48 - Jan 11 with 2883 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 11:55 - Jan 11 by A_Fans_Dad

With all the sponsorship and her prize money she doesn't need to win anything at all.

Yep very average player that had a freak fortnight.

The people jumping up and down at the time simply have no idea about tennis. Mentioning no names...

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 20:51 - Jan 11 with 2879 viewsonehunglow

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 11:55 - Jan 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Basically a nonentity that was very fortunate to win her Open as so many were sidelined.

At least she won a title though. She wont won another.

SPOTY too. How sickening was that.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 20:59 - Jan 11 with 2876 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 20:51 - Jan 11 by onehunglow

Basically a nonentity that was very fortunate to win her Open as so many were sidelined.

At least she won a title though. She wont won another.

SPOTY too. How sickening was that.

She may win a smaller title on the tour, but won't get near another Grand Slam. If she ever makes another semi final, ill be stunned.

Apart from her 2 weeks at the US Open, this was pretty much how she was. 1st and 2nd round exits.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 21:37 - Jan 11 with 2854 viewsBest_loser

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 20:59 - Jan 11 by Dr_Parnassus

She may win a smaller title on the tour, but won't get near another Grand Slam. If she ever makes another semi final, ill be stunned.

Apart from her 2 weeks at the US Open, this was pretty much how she was. 1st and 2nd round exits.

Could have sworn she got to the 4 th round at Wimbledon
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 21:44 - Jan 11 with 2843 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 21:37 - Jan 11 by Best_loser

Could have sworn she got to the 4 th round at Wimbledon

Meaning what exactly?

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 21:50 - Jan 11 with 2834 viewsBest_loser

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 21:44 - Jan 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Meaning what exactly?

Meaning the 4 th round is not the first or second round
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 22:20 - Jan 11 with 2812 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 21:50 - Jan 11 by Best_loser

Hence the ''pretty much''.

Sydney - 1st round exit
Linz - 1st round exit
Transylvania - 3rd round exit
Indian Wells - 1st round exit
Silicon Valley - 1st round exit
Wimbledon - 4th Round exit
Nottingham - 1st round exit

5 of her last 8 main tour tournaments outside of the US Open she went out first round.

7 of her last 8 main tour tournaments outside of the US Open she didn't win more than 2 matches.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 10:43 - Jan 15 with 2661 viewsDr_Parnassus

Aussie Open campaign starts next week, I shall be there watching on in a work/leisure capacity.

First round draw against Sloane Stephens. Raducanu slight favorite, Sloane not played since Indian Wells last year and had a horrendous year, one to forget.

She is quite a lazy player and looked to have put on some extra weight (probably a stone or so) so interesting to see what shape she turns up in which will show the level of work she has put in since we last saw her.

If she is in shape and she looks sharp, then she should win it for me, she is the superior player. Although her serve which let her down last year with way too many double faults may come back to haunt her with the lack of match practice.

This one should be close, will all depend on what Sloane turns up.

If she does navigate the first round then she does face a potentially much easier second round opponent likely to be Danka Kovinic from Montenegro who I don’t rate at all. Incredibly average player.

Then the winner likely meets Halep in round 3 - and will have their work cut out to progress. I certainly wouldn’t think it likely in the slightest.

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 15:22 - Jan 15 with 2594 viewsshingle

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 21:50 - Jan 11 by Best_loser

Your spot on, she also reached the final of the Chicago WTA best take what Dr Parnassus say`s with a pinch of salt, he googles her results yet still can not get it right absolutely clueless
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 19:22 - Jan 15 with 2549 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 15:22 - Jan 15 by shingle

Your spot on, she also reached the final of the Chicago WTA best take what Dr Parnassus say`s with a pinch of salt, he googles her results yet still can not get it right absolutely clueless

That’s a challenger 125k event. I also didn’t include 10k and 25k ITF results.

You understand the difference between ITF, Challenger and Main Tour, I presume?

Happy to help if you don’t, despite your hostile nonsensical posting suddenly aimed at me.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 20:04]

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 20:01 - Jan 16 with 2443 viewsshingle

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 19:22 - Jan 15 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s a challenger 125k event. I also didn’t include 10k and 25k ITF results.

You understand the difference between ITF, Challenger and Main Tour, I presume?

Happy to help if you don’t, despite your hostile nonsensical posting suddenly aimed at me.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 20:04]

Mate stop trying to twist things every time you mess up, you clearly put up wrong facts a couple of us have pulled you up for doing so and you still make excuses.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 20:38 - Jan 16 with 2423 viewsDr_Parnassus

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 20:01 - Jan 16 by shingle

Mate stop trying to twist things every time you mess up, you clearly put up wrong facts a couple of us have pulled you up for doing so and you still make excuses.

What am I twisting? You just have no idea what you are talking about and think you are correcting someone when you aren’t.

I am talking about main tour events, not challengers or ITF’s. I said “outside the US Open first and second round exits is pretty much what we saw from her” - that is simply a fact.

The 4th Round in Wimbledon accounted for the “pretty much”, I have spoken about that Wimbledon run in detail previously. The Challenger event was not counted - and won’t be counted… as it’s a Challenger event.

The top seed in the challenger event you are trying to claim was world number 30 (Danielle Collins), the second was world number 50 (Petra Martic). These are not mandatory events, if you are unsure what that means, it means the top players don’t have to play them…

Tennis is my profession as many people on here can attest, I would suggest you take your medicine on the subject as you will never “win” if you wish to debate it with me, I assure you. You will just be making yourself look silly (again).
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 20:59]

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:39 - Jan 18 with 2326 viewsraynor94

Not to shabby today, we await the experts opinion

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:47 - Jan 18 with 2323 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:39 - Jan 18 by raynor94

Yes, she played very well again and beat Sloan Stephens another US Open champion.
If she can just maintain that level she could progress well in the Oz open.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:57 - Jan 18 with 2306 viewsWhiterockin

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:39 - Jan 18 by raynor94

I'm no expert but I thought she was brilliant in the first set, very poor in the second and average in the third. She would have been beaten by any of the top 20 today and that's coming from a fan. I wonder how much of the quoted £35M she has earned in the last 6 months is performance related, if she doesn't win she doesn't get it?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 13:58]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 14:28 - Jan 18 with 2270 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:57 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

I'm no expert but I thought she was brilliant in the first set, very poor in the second and average in the third. She would have been beaten by any of the top 20 today and that's coming from a fan. I wonder how much of the quoted £35M she has earned in the last 6 months is performance related, if she doesn't win she doesn't get it?

Yes, Stephens is only ranked 67th now.
Emma Raducanu 2022 on 15:09 - Jan 18 with 2237 viewsDr_Winston

Emma Raducanu 2022 on 13:57 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

At her best I suspect she'd be able to compete with anyone. Certainly there's no obvious flaws in her game. Needs to settle down a bit with a good coach and nail the consistency part now though.

Took Andy Murray a few years on tour to really find his footing and it'll probably be the same for Raducanu. The expectation that comes with winning a Slam so early might make that harder for her.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024