Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 10:13 - Nov 5 with 27959 viewsBuckR

How are we rating our new No.9 so far then? Lack of goals so far but have to say I love his work up top. So does that out weigh the dry spell?
Dykes on 18:32 - Nov 13 with 2940 viewsdistortR

Dykes on 15:28 - Nov 13 by londonscottish

In the last game, Dyles had Ryan Fraser running off him and they were a dangerous combo.

I was worried about Fraser's absence yesterday but Christie played a very similar role.

Clarke's game plan seems very like Warburton's in one respect; it's all about the speed of transition and getting the overloads. For 80 of the first 90 minutes, Serbia were (almost lierally) on the back foot.

The main difference in the execution is that 9 times out of 10 Marshall played a long ball out from the back and Dykes was able to run at 3 defenders knowing that he had three or more runners bombing up alongside him. If he was on halfway line to receive it, 9 times out 10 he'd flick it ahead to those running on ahead. In Rangers he's usually playing a more static role, further up and more isolated.

Of course, the other difference may be the quality of the players in the current Scotland squad. McTominay, McGinn, Robertson, Tiernay & Cooper are all prem, the rest of them are mainly Old Firm or in decent Championship squads. He finds himself in the in the best squad for 2 decades.

tiernay. Sniff

Manx.
Dykes on 18:37 - Nov 13 with 2918 viewsstevec

In the last game, Dyles had Ryan Fraser running off him and they were a dangerous combo.

I was worried about Fraser's absence yesterday but Christie played a very similar role.

Clarke's game plan seems very like Warburton's in one respect; it's all about the speed of transition and getting the overloads. For 80 of the first 90 minutes, Serbia were (almost lierally) on the back foot.

The main difference in the execution is that 9 times out of 10 Marshall played a long ball out from the back and Dykes was able to run at 3 defenders knowing that he had three or more runners bombing up alongside him. If he was on halfway line to receive it, 9 times out 10 he'd flick it ahead to those running on ahead. In Rangers he's usually playing a more static role, further up and more isolated.

Of course, the other difference may be the quality of the players in the current Scotland squad. McTominay, McGinn, Robertson, Tiernay & Cooper are all prem, the rest of them are mainly Old Firm or in decent Championship squads. He finds himself in the in the best squad for 2 decades.

We’re playing last years football with this years team.

None of the forward acquisitions look comfortable.
Dykes on 18:43 - Nov 13 with 2895 viewsNorthernr

Dykes on 18:37 - Nov 13 by stevec

That might be quite profound Steve. I'll give it another cycle of fixtures before I steal it.
Dykes on 18:48 - Nov 13 with 2878 viewsMyke

Just when I thought QPR had bottomed out - now the Scottish National team is better than us. A new low
Dykes on 18:59 - Nov 13 with 2855 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes on 18:43 - Nov 13 by Northernr

That might be quite profound Steve. I'll give it another cycle of fixtures before I steal it.

I think we're playing completely different football, going long with goal kicks, clearances by centre-backs and even full-backs.

I'm still not sure it suits Dykes as it's long to his head and chest quite often with not enough runners, and rarely in behind.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes on 19:08 - Nov 13 with 2835 viewsstevec

Dykes on 18:43 - Nov 13 by Northernr

Seems fair if I can carry on using Warbs Warburton.
Dykes on 00:45 - Nov 14 with 2579 viewstimcocking

Well done Dykes and well done Scotland, nice.
Dykes on 16:59 - Nov 14 with 2395 viewsPaddyhoops

I'm praying Dykes is going to be the new David healy.
Brilliant at international level for N Ireland. Truly awful at club level.
I'm sure he won't!!
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes on 18:09 - Nov 14 with 2313 viewsfrancisbowles

Dykes on 16:59 - Nov 14 by Paddyhoops

I'm praying Dykes is going to be the new David healy.
Brilliant at international level for N Ireland. Truly awful at club level.
I'm sure he won't!!

Did you miss a NOT out of the first sentence Paddyhoops?
Dykes on 19:10 - Nov 14 with 2232 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dykes on 18:37 - Nov 13 by stevec

So what should we do? Panic. Abandon all our principles after a few games where we haven't quite clicked?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dykes on 19:16 - Nov 14 with 2219 viewsPaddyhoops

Dykes on 18:09 - Nov 14 by francisbowles

Did you miss a NOT out of the first sentence Paddyhoops?

Well spotted. I've had a drink or three!!
Dykes on 20:00 - Dec 15 with 1893 views2Thomas2Bowles

Dykes on 11:11 - Nov 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Another Washington

All those downvotes Pah!

I'm starting to think Washinton was a better team player.
Both crap at scoring.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Dykes on 20:24 - Dec 15 with 1764 viewskarl

Dykes on 20:00 - Dec 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

All those downvotes Pah!

Both crap at scoring.

You're delighted.
There's a player there that can work well for the team but he's never been a prolific scorer so it won't be that.
His loss of form and confidence is a worry along with the reluctance of a couple of players to play him in early as its not showing the team to be a cohesive unit, it may be him that's at fault but it needs working on for sure and possibly why MW has kept picking him in the hope it all sorts itself on the pitch?
The miss was bad but I thought his play with back to goal was OK and plenty to work with, it wasn't a complete off day
Dykes on 20:25 - Dec 15 with 1753 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 20:00 - Dec 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

All those downvotes Pah!

Both crap at scoring.

Washington was absolutely useless and his only contribution was collecting the ball midway inside the opposition half, turning a very slow circle (right in front of where I sit) and passing the ball backwards, week in week out, he was even worse away from home.

Washington is useless for Northern Ireland (when he comes of the bench) whereas Dykes has earned rave reviews from seasoned pro's, ex-managers and pundits alike for his all round team game for Scotland against decent opposition, home and away.

I called Washington after 5 games - I see a good team player and potential in Dykes - I hope for R's sake I'm right - Comparing him to the C word is a slur too far.
Dykes on 20:28 - Dec 15 with 1724 views2Thomas2Bowles

Dykes on 20:24 - Dec 15 by karl

You're delighted.
There's a player there that can work well for the team but he's never been a prolific scorer so it won't be that.
His loss of form and confidence is a worry along with the reluctance of a couple of players to play him in early as its not showing the team to be a cohesive unit, it may be him that's at fault but it needs working on for sure and possibly why MW has kept picking him in the hope it all sorts itself on the pitch?
The miss was bad but I thought his play with back to goal was OK and plenty to work with, it wasn't a complete off day

No not delighted but facts is facts.

The same was said about Washington, give him time.

Dykes on 20:36 - Dec 15 with 1692 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 20:28 - Dec 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

No not delighted but facts is facts.

The same was said about Washington, give him time.

If we're talking facts as in numbers.......

CW 13 in 92 (1 in 7)

LD 5 in 15 (1 in 3)

If we're talking facts as in what we see ourselves, the last two times I've seen CW play the lady commentator laughed when a shot for Sheff Utd went off for a throw and he did the same for Northern Ireland. CW is without compare.
Dykes on 20:44 - Dec 15 with 1643 views2Thomas2Bowles

Dykes on 20:36 - Dec 15 by ParkRoyalR

If we're talking facts as in numbers.......

CW 13 in 92 (1 in 7)

LD 5 in 15 (1 in 3)

If we're talking facts as in what we see ourselves, the last two times I've seen CW play the lady commentator laughed when a shot for Sheff Utd went off for a throw and he did the same for Northern Ireland. CW is without compare.

He would be on 1 without the pens.

Dykes on 20:55 - Dec 15 with 1591 viewsLythamR

Dykes on 20:44 - Dec 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

he would be on 8 or 9 with some half decent service, our crossing is woeful
Dykes on 21:03 - Dec 15 with 1564 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 20:44 - Dec 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

So a similar ratio to CW excluding penalties, and he's playing his first season at this level, has been over-played by Scotland, has a winger who can't cross and a no 10 who's first instinct is to make space for his own shot rather than pass.....

And after 15 games we are making comparisons to a forward who had no pace, no trick to beat a man, no aerial presence and was acknowledged to be a poor finisher by one of the coaching staff.....

Lets give Dykes a break, some calling him out after less than 10 games not 90+, he puts a shift in and has proven with Scotland with creative players around him he can do a job.
Dykes on 21:03 - Dec 15 with 1556 views2Thomas2Bowles

Dykes on 20:55 - Dec 15 by LythamR

he would be on 8 or 9 with some half decent service, our crossing is woeful

Not if he keeps missing sitters or only going in half-hearted awaiting for the ball instead of attacking it.

As someone said on the match thread, excuses excuses.

Dykes on 21:16 - Dec 15 with 1495 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 21:03 - Dec 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Not if he keeps missing sitters or only going in half-hearted awaiting for the ball instead of attacking it.

How many times has he gone in half-hearted?

How many times has he waited for the ball instead of attacking it?

How many sitters has he missed?

Or are we referring to the 3 in 1 tonight where the defenders nick bobbled the ball up onto his shin.

Arguably he should still have made a stronger connection but lets keep to the facts and not insinuate that he's half-hearted or continually missing sitters, as that just not the case, just like suggesting CW was a good team player, because he ran around at half pace and pretended to close defenders down, because he did'nt, and I watched probably all of his 90 games in our shirt, and don't want any reminder of him or his 'team-play'.
Dykes on 21:16 - Dec 15 with 1493 viewsQPR_John

Dykes on 20:24 - Dec 15 by karl

You're delighted.

"The miss was bad "

If we are talking about the same on the face of it it was a bad miss. However Sky showed a close up and the defender just got a touch on the ball which slightly deflected it.
Dykes on 21:38 - Dec 15 with 1430 viewsMickS

Dykes on 21:16 - Dec 15 by QPR_John

"The miss was bad "

If we are talking about the same on the face of it it was a bad miss. However Sky showed a close up and the defender just got a touch on the ball which slightly deflected it.

I’d like to think he would have scored that, but for the great defending. We’ll never know, but I’m getting tired of people knocking him. Clearly, something is not how it should be. I think there is a decent player in there.
Dykes on 21:47 - Dec 15 with 1384 viewsBoston

I like Dykes..and, as the worlds foremost authority on my own opinion...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dykes on 21:48 - Dec 15 with 1383 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dykes on 21:03 - Dec 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Never mind.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 22:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024