Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 10:13 - Nov 5 with 27960 viewsBuckR

How are we rating our new No.9 so far then? Lack of goals so far but have to say I love his work up top. So does that out weigh the dry spell?
Dykes on 19:30 - Dec 18 with 1433 viewsTacticalR

Talking of Hugill reminded me that Hugill liked the ball along the ground. Look at the two goals he got away at Sheffield Wednesday last season.

The goal that Dykes has scored in open play against Brentford came from a low cross. The assist he provided for Chair against Watford where he popped it round the corner was along the ground. The chance he made for Robertson for Scotland against Serbia: along the ground.

It's like we're not playing Warbsball when it comes to Dykes. As mentioned before, I keep thinking of what Dirk Bogarde said in The Servant: 'I'm not staying here in a place where they just chuck balls in your face.'

Air hostess clique

Dykes on 09:27 - Dec 19 with 1260 viewsqprd

Dykes on 18:03 - Dec 18 by nix

I'm a massive Jordan fan and was gutted when he left but even I can see that he's been able to build his career over time. He only got three goals in his first Championship season. He only scored 14 goals across two seasons and over 60 matches between 2017/18-2018/19. He was great last season but then he had the best player in the Championship behind him, another striker on top form alongside him and pretty good service from BOS and Manning.

We've seen this team play well against good sides and poorly against more limited sides. I'd like to see us playing well against the lesser sides before we even begin to judge our new players. I'd like to test the defenders against Dykes when he's not the only person they have to mark. I'd like to see him have more chances running onto balls at his feet with space in the pen. He may not be the answer but I think we're rushing to judgment if we don't give him more time.

I am definitely one of the bigger dykes boo boys on this forum....

But I do actually agree that he can turn it around

Seb polter is another player who looked absolutely useless and ended up being pretty handy at the end....

Clearly tho warbs can’t keep doing what he’s doing now and hoping things will change.... putting him out there, in this formation, with this style of play, with this personnel will not need to any different results and will probably just drain his dwindling confidence

I think wycombe is an interesting match to try something new....
Dykes on 09:48 - Dec 19 with 1233 viewsnix

Dykes on 09:27 - Dec 19 by qprd

Seb polter is another player who looked absolutely useless and ended up being pretty handy at the end....

Clearly tho warbs can’t keep doing what he’s doing now and hoping things will change.... putting him out there, in this formation, with this style of play, with this personnel will not need to any different results and will probably just drain his dwindling confidence

Completely agree with this qprd.
Dykes on 11:25 - Dec 19 with 1153 viewsdavman

Dykes on 09:27 - Dec 19 by qprd

Almost agree with this, but I was a Polter fan from the off. Not so much Washington or Furlong (snr) at the start of this century... One of them turned it around - fingers crossed eh?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes on 12:03 - Dec 19 with 1120 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

We seem to be disappointed in Dykes partly because of what we know he can do for Scotland, yet some fans are not prepared to give him time to show he can do the same for us.

My theory, for what it is worth, is that the tank was completely empty after Scotland and he has yet to recover psychologically from the high he got from them and the humdrum of playing for us, with unpredicable dribblers like Chair and Bright providing, or not providing, the service. He has what it takes to be a useful player for us, but time and patience, and perhaps a spell on the bench is required. It is three months to the next Scotland match.

As things stand he is probably worth double or more what we payed for him if Scottish pundits are anywhere near making sense.
Dykes on 12:29 - Dec 19 with 1077 viewsdavman

Dykes on 12:03 - Dec 19 by Spaghetti_Hoops

We seem to be disappointed in Dykes partly because of what we know he can do for Scotland, yet some fans are not prepared to give him time to show he can do the same for us.

My theory, for what it is worth, is that the tank was completely empty after Scotland and he has yet to recover psychologically from the high he got from them and the humdrum of playing for us, with unpredicable dribblers like Chair and Bright providing, or not providing, the service. He has what it takes to be a useful player for us, but time and patience, and perhaps a spell on the bench is required. It is three months to the next Scotland match.

As things stand he is probably worth double or more what we payed for him if Scottish pundits are anywhere near making sense.

Here's the thing though. Time developing is a luxury we can afford when there is no chance of relegation and no pressure game to game. But we are falling into a relegation battle and there is no time to develop ;it becomes no more than the result.

It's all about points now and if that means getting loans in at the expense of development time to make sure we stay up, sod the long term plan; we have to survive.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes on 12:40 - Dec 19 with 1053 viewsfrancisbowles

Dykes on 12:03 - Dec 19 by Spaghetti_Hoops

I think your theory has some truth in it.

FWIW I also agree with the above post that points are everything now and for the foreseeable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024