Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to go 16:53 - Dec 12 with 23211 viewsDubaiR

Worst start in 6 seasons. 1 win in 8. We are not making progress.

Yes sold eze and lost others but also spent 8 million.

No clue today, another turgid performance
Time to go on 18:02 - Dec 12 with 2310 viewspaulparker

Time to go on 17:59 - Dec 12 by Rangersw12

I think we will stay up and odds are pretty short for that so not really worth it

Serious question and I’m not looking for a slanging match but what have you seen from this Warburton team that makes you think we have the guts for a relegation scrap and to win 3/4 games on the bounce

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Time to go on 18:12 - Dec 12 with 2249 viewsRangersw12

Time to go on 18:02 - Dec 12 by paulparker

Serious question and I’m not looking for a slanging match but what have you seen from this Warburton team that makes you think we have the guts for a relegation scrap and to win 3/4 games on the bounce

I don't think we need to win 3 or 4 games on the bounce. We're 5 points clear of the bottom 3 and I can't see those teams below us going on massive winning runs

I'm clinging onto the hope that we're not playing badly and been very unlucky in some games ( yes I know losing and still playing OK is a bad sign) and that Warburton in the past has snapped us out of these bad runs and I hope he can do it again

I suppose to sum it up blind faith and head in the sand hoping things get better!

Next 2 games are massive especially Wycombe game
Time to go on 18:12 - Dec 12 with 2246 viewsWestbourneR

Time to go on 17:58 - Dec 12 by BostonR

The problem Warburton has is his lack of plan B or his stubbornness to change the style of play. Most championship teams have sussed us out. Reading’s two centre backs were in charge and because he cannot or will not change styles, we are in big trouble.
Huge decision for the Board now. We need some decent and experienced loans to keep us up and if he cannot be persuaded to change it (how about a front two and go direct) then he has to move on. I can’t see how he can survive - unless we win our 2-3 games, which is unlikely.

For me this is the issue.

I think Warbs has many strengths but his total bloody minded refusal to take a different approach at the back is major blind spot. He’s starting to feel like a discount version of Arsene Wenger.

The second major issue is his record in the transfer market is not good at all so far. Just far too many players who haven’t worked out.

But that said I think he’s intelligent and a very good coach and young players visibly improve under his guidance. I do think we’d be hard pressed to find a better manager that’s happy to work on our budget.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Time to go on 18:42 - Dec 12 with 2086 viewsstevec

Time to go on 17:22 - Dec 12 by traininvain

Agree that it’s not good enough but let’s get this right, we sold our best player for £20m and Warburton’s had a fraction of the sale proceeds to spend.

We can criticise Warburton all day long for the poor results, leaky defence, poor in game management etc. But £20m in and managed to make the team worse is a nonsense criticism.

Put it this way, would you rather have Eze right now or £20m to spend? I know what I’d prefer.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 17:26]

But that was meant to be the plan.
Time to go on 18:52 - Dec 12 with 2038 viewsitsbiga

Another season where we hope 3 teams are sh1tter than us.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Time to go on 18:56 - Dec 12 with 2019 viewstraininvain

Time to go on 18:42 - Dec 12 by stevec

But that was meant to be the plan.

That’s the plan from those higher up. I doubt Warburton was rubbing his hands together when we sold Eze.

You said: ‘£20 mill in and he actually manages to make the team worse.’

1) We sold our best player so of course the team is worse;
2) Warburton’s spent a fraction of the £20m.

Answer this, would you rather have the c£5m Warburton’s spent or Eze? No brainer for me.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 18:59]
Time to go on 18:59 - Dec 12 with 2007 viewsRangersw12

Just seen people suggesting Barton & Hill on twitter

Do people not have any self respect anymore?
Time to go on 19:08 - Dec 12 with 1959 viewshertshoops

Hill yes would possibly fix Warbs' major defensive coaching shortcoming, but Barton never ever in any capacity ever
Login to get fewer ads

Time to go on 20:11 - Dec 12 with 1851 viewsNortholt_Rs

Time to go on 18:12 - Dec 12 by WestbourneR

For me this is the issue.

I think Warbs has many strengths but his total bloody minded refusal to take a different approach at the back is major blind spot. He’s starting to feel like a discount version of Arsene Wenger.

The second major issue is his record in the transfer market is not good at all so far. Just far too many players who haven’t worked out.

But that said I think he’s intelligent and a very good coach and young players visibly improve under his guidance. I do think we’d be hard pressed to find a better manager that’s happy to work on our budget.

“his record in the transfer market”....or the DoF’s?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Time to go on 20:33 - Dec 12 with 1810 viewsRangersDave

a decent CM and maybe a really good defender should be a priority, so try and stop our defence giving the oppo goals almost at will.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Time to go on 20:59 - Dec 12 with 1692 viewsTonto

Time to go on 17:26 - Dec 12 by MedwayR

We've lost Wells, Hugill, Eze and Manning from last season's team, plus the experience of Pugh and Rangel. That's going to make a huge difference.

Reactionary panic is alive and well on LFW I see.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Time to go on 21:23 - Dec 12 with 1594 viewsWhip_It

If Chair's shot had been 2 inches to the left, it would have been a 1-0 home win and this thread wouldn't exist. Replacing Eze, Wells and Hugill and producing instant results is not surprisingly quite a challenge. I'm happy with most of that team, although we do need a goalscorer in the short term, and Cameron is really not up to it.
Time to go on 21:25 - Dec 12 with 1587 viewssevenhoop

Completely disagree. Yes he had failings but were unlikely to get better and he has had to completely overhaul the squad two seasons in a row.

For what it’s worth I’d go 3 at the back and both dykes and bonne up front
Time to go on 21:44 - Dec 12 with 1526 viewsbosh67

Time to go on 17:26 - Dec 12 by MedwayR

We've lost Wells, Hugill, Eze and Manning from last season's team, plus the experience of Pugh and Rangel. That's going to make a huge difference.

This.

Dieng is inexperienced at this level and has been excellent but it is his first season.

Look at our back 4 at Championship level this season. Kakay (first season) Dickie (first season) and Niko (first season).

That's 4 of our back 5 including Dieng.

Midfield Chair (only the start of his second season at this level) Willock (first season)

Forwards Bonne (this is his second season at this level) Dykes (first season)

On the bench Thomas, Bettache, Kelman and realistically Masterson (first season)

6 first team players for which this is their first season.

Two more in Chair and Bonne only in their second season at this level and we are saying should be better by now.

4 on the bench in their first seasons.

That's 10 players out of 20 available for whom this is their first Championship season and 2 only in the first half of their 2nd seasons at this level.

Alfa wasn't included today but this is his first season at this level.

We lost Eze who played 2.5 seasons just about in the first team. He was on a different level.

Dom Ball is 25. He's played less than 2 whole seasons at this level. BOS is only at the start of his 3rd season at this level and he's off anyway.

Warburton is working with an incredibly inexperienced set of players this season. My criticism has been that he should play 2 up front to try and form partnerships. I stick to that. He needs to have more bodies in the box even if they go 3-5-2.

But let's not kid ourselves, with the exception of Cameron , Albert and Wallace there really isn't any real older more experienced players and Wallace at 33 hasn't even played at this level. Carroll is 28. Not exactly a veteran.

People look at Luton at the end of last season and this one and say well how can they do so much better than us when they came up from League 1. Mainly it's because the nucleus of that team has been together for about 3+ seasons.

I'll be happy to stay up this year but if we do, then I think we have the basis of a team that could go on to be much better next season with this set of players. However, to stay up I think we really need a few more experienced players/leaders in for the next window.

Again, let's not forget that Rangel was a huge loss for us. Yes he was 37 but he was huge for us in the changing room and an amazing influence on the team. Now we are very reliant on Cameron to try and mentor the team. Albert is a great player but not that sort of character so we need another Rangel type in to help us get through this season, in my opinion.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Time to go on 21:45 - Dec 12 with 1513 viewsted_hendrix

Time to go on 20:59 - Dec 12 by Tonto

Reactionary panic is alive and well on LFW I see.

There's no reactionary panic at all, most if not all posters are giving reasonable assessments of our Manager.

Out of our last 8 games we've Won 1 Drawn 2 and Lost 6 scoring 8 goals but conceding 14.

You can't expect supporters to just sit there supping tea whilst thinking oh it'll be okay, we'll turn it round before too long.

Were in relegation form no matter which way you put it, no matter which player played well today, no matter which player hit the f ucking post today, no matter whatever, we've lost again.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Time to go on 21:50 - Dec 12 with 1493 viewssuperhoopdownunder

We’re in a relegation scrap and it’s not looking good.

Who bought these players was it Ferdinand or Warburton?
They don’t look good enough and most not hardened enough for a relegation battle.

It’s quite depressing to see our decline.
Time to go on 21:51 - Dec 12 with 1486 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I agree, Ted. I've been reading since FT and it seems calm to me.

My thinking tonight and for the last few weeks is that Warburton did a great job last year and that his/their recruitment for £50k was exceptional but this year he has been out-thought time and time again by opposing managers and that is unlikely to change.

I would imagine the board are seriously considering his future.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Time to go on 21:58 - Dec 12 with 1467 viewsGloucs_R

Time to go on 21:51 - Dec 12 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree, Ted. I've been reading since FT and it seems calm to me.

My thinking tonight and for the last few weeks is that Warburton did a great job last year and that his/their recruitment for £50k was exceptional but this year he has been out-thought time and time again by opposing managers and that is unlikely to change.

I would imagine the board are seriously considering his future.

I think we a bottom half team who are rapidly heading for a bottom 4 team. Many managers have commented on the quality of our players, so something isn't right.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Time to go on 22:03 - Dec 12 with 1451 viewsChrisNW6

Time to go on 21:44 - Dec 12 by bosh67

This.

Dieng is inexperienced at this level and has been excellent but it is his first season.

Look at our back 4 at Championship level this season. Kakay (first season) Dickie (first season) and Niko (first season).

Midfield Chair (only the start of his second season at this level) Willock (first season)

On the bench Thomas, Bettache, Kelman and realistically Masterson (first season)

Two more in Chair and Bonne only in their second season at this level and we are saying should be better by now.

That's 10 players out of 20 available for whom this is their first Championship season and 2 only in the first half of their 2nd seasons at this level.

We lost Eze who played 2.5 seasons just about in the first team. He was on a different level.

Dom Ball is 25. He's played less than 2 whole seasons at this level. BOS is only at the start of his 3rd season at this level and he's off anyway.

Warburton is working with an incredibly inexperienced set of players this season. My criticism has been that he should play 2 up front to try and form partnerships. I stick to that. He needs to have more bodies in the box even if they go 3-5-2.

But let's not kid ourselves, with the exception of Cameron , Albert and Wallace there really isn't any real older more experienced players and Wallace at 33 hasn't even played at this level. Carroll is 28. Not exactly a veteran.

People look at Luton at the end of last season and this one and say well how can they do so much better than us when they came up from League 1. Mainly it's because the nucleus of that team has been together for about 3+ seasons.

I'll be happy to stay up this year but if we do, then I think we have the basis of a team that could go on to be much better next season with this set of players. However, to stay up I think we really need a few more experienced players/leaders in for the next window.

Again, let's not forget that Rangel was a huge loss for us. Yes he was 37 but he was huge for us in the changing room and an amazing influence on the team. Now we are very reliant on Cameron to try and mentor the team. Albert is a great player but not that sort of character so we need another Rangel type in to help us get through this season, in my opinion.

What Bosh said!

+ cut our cloth to survive, playing the youth and there are 3 worse teams. The Rrrrrssss are staying up!
Time to go on 22:08 - Dec 12 with 1427 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Time to go on 21:44 - Dec 12 by bosh67

This.

Don't you think Luton's manager, who coincidentally came back towards the end of last season, is something to do with it though?
Time to go on 22:13 - Dec 12 with 1414 viewsbosh67

Time to go on 22:08 - Dec 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

Don't you think Luton's manager, who coincidentally came back towards the end of last season, is something to do with it though?

Yes, totally but he came back to the squad he built over a number of seasons.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 22:14]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Time to go on 22:18 - Dec 12 with 1392 viewsDavieQPR

We need to cut out the tippy tappy football and get a bit more direct. We take so many passes, no matter how pretty, to get the ball forward that it gives the opposition all the time in the world to get back. If it 'aint broken don't fix it but if it is broken, well.......
Time to o on 22:58 - Dec 12 with 1298 viewsdigswellhoop

hes a manager who wont change its his way or no way
as you have an a opinion who would be your next manager
Time to go on 23:07 - Dec 12 with 1275 viewsdigswellhoop

we are just sh1te if we stay up good season
Time to go on 23:26 - Dec 12 with 1242 viewsdigswellhoop

why were they on loan they aren't good enough for premiership or for us2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024