Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to go 16:53 - Dec 12 with 22273 viewsDubaiR

Worst start in 6 seasons. 1 win in 8. We are not making progress.

Yes sold eze and lost others but also spent 8 million.

No clue today, another turgid performance
Time to go on 16:34 - Dec 18 with 1984 viewsNortholt_Rs

Time to go on 16:02 - Dec 18 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Finishing 12th, 18th, 16th, 19th, 13th doesn't sound like getting worse every year to me. With the loss of parachute payments, a large FFP fine to deal with, FFP limits to adhere to, player budgets to slash it seems latterly like a well managed rescue to me.

If the underlying stats told me that we are a relegation team I would be worried. But all the stats (not results) say we have the ability of a lower midtable team. I am confident that we will be OK. Recently we have had a tough schedule and no luck. But for which I think we would be a few places better than we currently are. The pessimists, panic merchants and unrealistic expectations crowd seem to think we are worse. Time will tell.

The number of goals we have scored from open play this season is a telling statistic and big part of why we sit in 19th place in the league. Our attack is scarily toothless and the opposition know it, they have nothing to fear and our defence is always likely to concede... which does look like a potential relegation side to me. The league table doesn’t lie. It is a real worry because relegation would be a disaster for the club. The Wycombe game is huge - a good win and maybe it kick starts our season....if we lose he has to go.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 17:01]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Time to go on 17:19 - Dec 18 with 1919 viewsfrancisbowles

Time to go on 16:34 - Dec 18 by Northolt_Rs

The number of goals we have scored from open play this season is a telling statistic and big part of why we sit in 19th place in the league. Our attack is scarily toothless and the opposition know it, they have nothing to fear and our defence is always likely to concede... which does look like a potential relegation side to me. The league table doesn’t lie. It is a real worry because relegation would be a disaster for the club. The Wycombe game is huge - a good win and maybe it kick starts our season....if we lose he has to go.

We have gone from scoring 15 in our first 13 games, which wasn't too bad, to just 3 in our last 6. Something appears to have been lost.

However, we probably have played better teams and better organised defences.

We conceded 18 and 8 respectively. Roughly the same.

We ae on a slide, 2 points from those last six games and we need to use that clean sheet to build on, as we did with Warburton on a couple of occasions last season.
Time to go on 18:11 - Dec 18 with 1875 viewsdaveB

Time to go on 16:02 - Dec 18 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Finishing 12th, 18th, 16th, 19th, 13th doesn't sound like getting worse every year to me. With the loss of parachute payments, a large FFP fine to deal with, FFP limits to adhere to, player budgets to slash it seems latterly like a well managed rescue to me.

If the underlying stats told me that we are a relegation team I would be worried. But all the stats (not results) say we have the ability of a lower midtable team. I am confident that we will be OK. Recently we have had a tough schedule and no luck. But for which I think we would be a few places better than we currently are. The pessimists, panic merchants and unrealistic expectations crowd seem to think we are worse. Time will tell.

been a while since i was in the pessimistic, panic merchant camp. I don't like it in here to be honest but i can't find a way out at the moment
Time to go on 18:36 - Dec 18 with 1829 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Time to go on 18:11 - Dec 18 by daveB

been a while since i was in the pessimistic, panic merchant camp. I don't like it in here to be honest but i can't find a way out at the moment

Well let's hope you will this time tomorrow. It's a good test for the team.
Time to go on 18:39 - Dec 18 with 1822 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Time to go on 16:34 - Dec 18 by Northolt_Rs

If the league table doesn't lie we will be OK then. The thing with league tables is they often lie about how good or bad a team is. As randomness is a massive part of football results.
Time to go on 18:48 - Dec 18 with 1811 viewsNortholt_Rs

Time to go on 18:39 - Dec 18 by Spaghetti_Hoops

If the league table doesn't lie we will be OK then. The thing with league tables is they often lie about how good or bad a team is. As randomness is a massive part of football results.

Over the course of a season I think randomness probably evens out....generally the best team wins the league and the three worst teams get relegated. The Championship play-offs can def be random though as we well know!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Time to go on 19:26 - Dec 18 with 1767 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Time to go on 18:11 - Dec 18 by daveB

Dave,

I'm the same my man, and it's a really unusual feeling. I'm staying quiet this week and reading all the threads to help me make my mind up as I can't figure out if my worry is entirely logical.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Time to go on 00:38 - Dec 19 with 1641 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Time to go on 18:48 - Dec 18 by Northolt_Rs

Over the course of a season I think randomness probably evens out....generally the best team wins the league and the three worst teams get relegated. The Championship play-offs can def be random though as we well know!

Do you!

What evidence do you have for that?

Or is it just that we have heard it said so many times it must be true? Actually there can be large discrepancies between analysts assessments of the merit of teams based on all the data and where the teams finish up in the league.
Login to get fewer ads

Time to go on 01:59 - Dec 19 with 1601 viewsbob566

Time to go on 19:26 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Dave,

I'm the same my man, and it's a really unusual feeling. I'm staying quiet this week and reading all the threads to help me make my mind up as I can't figure out if my worry is entirely logical.

I'm worried when you two are thinking like that.
Time to go on 07:50 - Dec 19 with 1513 viewsdistortR

Time to go on 01:59 - Dec 19 by bob566

I'm worried when you two are thinking like that.

pesky kids.
Time to go on 09:10 - Dec 19 with 1468 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Time to go on 07:50 - Dec 19 by distortR

pesky kids.

I'm worried about the pesky kids now.

Time to go on 09:38 - Dec 19 with 1432 viewshantssi

Time to go on 19:26 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Dave,

Weird, that’s pretty much how I feel!
Time to go on 11:27 - Dec 19 with 1358 viewsdavman

Time to go on 09:38 - Dec 19 by hantssi

Weird, that’s pretty much how I feel!

Ah Mccarthy and Barton - welcome to the dark side.

Crap, isn't it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Time to go on 11:39 - Dec 19 with 1351 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Time to go on 11:27 - Dec 19 by davman

Ah Mccarthy and Barton - welcome to the dark side.

Crap, isn't it?

I'm hovering.

I'm optimistic about today but if we lose I might go full Vader.

Time to go on 11:57 - Dec 19 with 1331 viewshantssi

Time to go on 11:39 - Dec 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm hovering.

I'm optimistic about today but if we lose I might go full Vader.

Housework day is it Bri?!
Time to go on 11:59 - Dec 19 with 1327 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Time to go on 11:57 - Dec 19 by hantssi

Housework day is it Bri?!

Are we dusting down all the puns now?

Time to go on 16:54 - Dec 19 with 1232 viewsloftboy

Can I change my mind about extending his contract!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Time to go on 16:58 - Dec 19 with 1196 viewspaulparker

Time to go on 16:54 - Dec 19 by loftboy

Can I change my mind about extending his contract!!

Warburton should go but why is no one looking at Les & the board ? The signings bar Dickie have been woeful

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Time to go on 17:00 - Dec 19 with 1195 viewsGloucs_R

Not on the fence anymore.

Needs to go.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Time to go on 17:05 - Dec 19 with 1168 viewsichbinnaughty

GET EDDIE HOWE ON THE BLOWER
Time to go on 17:07 - Dec 19 with 1147 viewsPinnerPaul

Time to go on 17:05 - Dec 19 by ichbinnaughty

Don't think he will take our call!
Time to go on 17:09 - Dec 19 with 1127 viewstraininvain

Time to go on 17:05 - Dec 19 by ichbinnaughty

Haha he’s not going to touch us with a barge pole mate!
Time to go on 17:17 - Dec 19 with 1079 viewsrsonist

It's one thing criticising a lack of Plan B, but Plan A is nowhere near at the moment and that's really what's killing us.

As Clint concluded (and what people chose to ignore) in the old piece:

"Mark was all about his way, which is fair enough. A lot of managers or coaches don't have an idea. He has got a clear idea of what he wants to do, so fair play to him."

I could give a toss about finishing 18th instead of 8th as long as it was still Warbsball and we were still improving players. But if we're not creating chances and keeping the ball what's really left to hold on to?

Given MW's contract situation I could see Eustace taking the reins permanently by the return fixture on the 16th if nothing changes. (Thought it interesting he turned down a good first job at Blackpool in the summer.)

Cynic's view: relegation desperation finally justifies the Sherwood prophecy, and Chris and Les' last stand.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 17:21]
Time to go on 17:18 - Dec 19 with 1073 viewsactonman

Time to go on 17:09 - Dec 19 by traininvain

Haha he’s not going to touch us with a barge pole mate!

Get boris in ! Oh no wait can’t handle another fking useless waste of space clueless t0sserb in charge
Time to go on 17:21 - Dec 19 with 1030 viewstraininvain

Time to go on 17:18 - Dec 19 by actonman

Get boris in ! Oh no wait can’t handle another fking useless waste of space clueless t0sserb in charge

Good plan. Boris could introduce tier 5 and stop all football until next season!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024