Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halifax Building Society 18:19 - Jul 1 with 7023 viewsbritferry

Shot themselves in the foot over the pronouns politically correct nonsense

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Halifax Building Society on 18:32 - Jul 1 with 2335 viewsWhiterockin

Is it still a building society or a bank.
Halifax Building Society on 18:36 - Jul 1 with 2327 viewsbritferry

Halifax Building Society on 18:32 - Jul 1 by Whiterockin

Is it still a building society or a bank.

can you call them "it" ?

but yeah, I thinks its a bank these days

Parent company: Bank of Scotland plc
Owner: Lloyds Banking Group

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Halifax Building Society on 18:48 - Jul 1 with 2312 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 18:36 - Jul 1 by britferry

can you call them "it" ?

but yeah, I thinks its a bank these days

Parent company: Bank of Scotland plc
Owner: Lloyds Banking Group

It is not obligatory. No one has to do it, it is simply a gesture to make members of staff who this applies to feel accepted.

Really don’t see the problem.
Halifax Building Society on 18:51 - Jul 1 with 2299 viewsraynor94

Halifax Building Society on 18:48 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

It is not obligatory. No one has to do it, it is simply a gesture to make members of staff who this applies to feel accepted.

Well thousands who have closed their accounts do.

And for Halifax to say go if you don't like it go is a real Ratner moment

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Halifax Building Society on 18:58 - Jul 1 with 2277 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 18:51 - Jul 1 by raynor94

They’ll have limited options to open another account as all the banks will be doing similar. May I ask, why would a bank introducing a policy that assists people to make them feel accepted be a bad thing ?

If you have a member of staff who is genuinely confused about this type of thing and this helps them to feel accepted, why would you a customer close their account ? We are now all (well most) fully supportive of gay people and people of all races and our club is at the forefront of this, what’s the difference between that and a person who prefers to have a different pronoun ?

A little name badge and people are closing their accounts.

I’m genuinely interested as to how this upsets you
Halifax Building Society on 19:01 - Jul 1 with 2265 viewsBoundy

Halifax Building Society on 18:48 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

It's part of a wider problem

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Halifax Building Society on 19:03 - Jul 1 with 2264 viewsFlashberryjack

Halifax Building Society on 18:51 - Jul 1 by raynor94

Hit the nail on the head.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Halifax Building Society on 19:03 - Jul 1 with 2260 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 19:01 - Jul 1 by Boundy

It's part of a wider problem

What exactly? How is being more welcoming to people a bad thing ?
Login to get fewer ads

Halifax Building Society on 19:11 - Jul 1 with 2251 viewsFlashberryjack

Halifax Building Society on 18:58 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

They’ll have limited options to open another account as all the banks will be doing similar. May I ask, why would a bank introducing a policy that assists people to make them feel accepted be a bad thing ?

If you have a member of staff who is genuinely confused about this type of thing and this helps them to feel accepted, why would you a customer close their account ? We are now all (well most) fully supportive of gay people and people of all races and our club is at the forefront of this, what’s the difference between that and a person who prefers to have a different pronoun ?

A little name badge and people are closing their accounts.

I’m genuinely interested as to how this upsets you

If Halifax Hemorrhage a significant amount of customers through this, I'd wager other banks won't be following suit.

Hello

Halifax Building Society on 19:12 - Jul 1 with 2246 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 19:11 - Jul 1 by Flashberryjack

If Halifax Hemorrhage a significant amount of customers through this, I'd wager other banks won't be following suit.

Well let’s see.
Halifax Building Society on 19:14 - Jul 1 with 2232 viewsFlashberryjack

Halifax Building Society on 19:12 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

Well let’s see.

Lets.

Hello

Halifax Building Society on 19:17 - Jul 1 with 2219 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 19:14 - Jul 1 by Flashberryjack

Lets.

I’m still waiting to see why people are upset
Halifax Building Society on 19:59 - Jul 1 with 2159 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Was just watching a good video about this.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 19:59]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Halifax Building Society on 20:00 - Jul 1 with 2151 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

If a six foot eight bloke with a massive beard walked into Halifax and ask to open an account as a “Mrs” and claim to be a woman would they just say “no problem madam” and do it?
Halifax Building Society on 20:05 - Jul 1 with 2134 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 20:00 - Jul 1 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

If a six foot eight bloke with a massive beard walked into Halifax and ask to open an account as a “Mrs” and claim to be a woman would they just say “no problem madam” and do it?

No. They’d need ID in that name. This is simply trying to help their staff. That’s all. I find it amazing. That someone would cancel their account, meaning having to change all their direct debits, mortgage, wages etc. amazing how easily offended some folk are
Halifax Building Society on 20:22 - Jul 1 with 2090 views73__73

Halifax Building Society on 20:05 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

No. They’d need ID in that name. This is simply trying to help their staff. That’s all. I find it amazing. That someone would cancel their account, meaning having to change all their direct debits, mortgage, wages etc. amazing how easily offended some folk are

It wasn’t long ago that you were threatening to leave this forum as you were obviously very easily offended by what some people were saying, so please can you cut out your own hypocrisy, before criticising others.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Halifax Building Society on 20:33 - Jul 1 with 2077 viewsJack123

I can't see why she just wouldn't want to be called Gemma, that's her name? I must admit I don't understand all this she/her/hers stuff.

This kind of stunt by Halifax. is a Bit like putting Gemma and below MUFC, or Susan and underneath TOON ARMY, there is no need just use names.

libera nos a malo

Halifax Building Society on 20:39 - Jul 1 with 2055 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 20:33 - Jul 1 by Jack123

I can't see why she just wouldn't want to be called Gemma, that's her name? I must admit I don't understand all this she/her/hers stuff.

This kind of stunt by Halifax. is a Bit like putting Gemma and below MUFC, or Susan and underneath TOON ARMY, there is no need just use names.

It’s not something I’ve ever thought about till recently, but the thinking behind it is to help the members of staff who aren’t happy with the gender they were born with and would prefer to be called something else. If other staff members wear the pronouns on their badges, so here the lady has ‘her/she, it’ll make those who may otherwise feel excluded, be accepted and not stand out.

That’s all it is. Trying to help people
Halifax Building Society on 20:42 - Jul 1 with 2028 views73__73

Halifax Building Society on 20:39 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

It’s not something I’ve ever thought about till recently, but the thinking behind it is to help the members of staff who aren’t happy with the gender they were born with and would prefer to be called something else. If other staff members wear the pronouns on their badges, so here the lady has ‘her/she, it’ll make those who may otherwise feel excluded, be accepted and not stand out.

Come down from your high horse, Mr hypocrite 👍

Halifax Building Society on 20:46 - Jul 1 with 2025 viewsraynor94

Halifax Building Society on 20:05 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

Just use switch, your new bank does it all, no problem

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Halifax Building Society on 20:50 - Jul 1 with 2012 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

If all they want to do is help out they could do it in house, but by putting it on Twitter “look how inclusive we are” it becomes a PR stunt, it’s an advert.

Meanwhile the six foot eight tall lady with the massive beard and the huge dangly bollocks can’t open an account because all her ID is in a man’s name. That’s not very inclusive.
Halifax Building Society on 20:52 - Jul 1 with 2003 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 20:50 - Jul 1 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

If all they want to do is help out they could do it in house, but by putting it on Twitter “look how inclusive we are” it becomes a PR stunt, it’s an advert.

Meanwhile the six foot eight tall lady with the massive beard and the huge dangly bollocks can’t open an account because all her ID is in a man’s name. That’s not very inclusive.

It’s different though as that has to be with ID for money laundering etc
Halifax Building Society on 20:54 - Jul 1 with 1989 views73__73

Halifax Building Society on 20:46 - Jul 1 by raynor94

Just use switch, your new bank does it all, no problem

Johnalot didn’t know that 😂

Halifax Building Society on 20:57 - Jul 1 with 1993 viewsCatullus

That's the problem John, the male and female pronouns are fine, it's the "their" stuff that is nonsense and it's spreading.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Halifax Building Society on 21:02 - Jul 1 with 1977 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 20:57 - Jul 1 by Catullus

That's the problem John, the male and female pronouns are fine, it's the "their" stuff that is nonsense and it's spreading.

It’s something new on me, but there are people who genuinely feel that they’re neither gender. I don’t understand it myself but all I’m saying is, this isn’t harming anyone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024