Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halifax Building Society 18:19 - Jul 1 with 7189 viewsbritferry

Shot themselves in the foot over the pronouns politically correct nonsense

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Halifax Building Society on 18:42 - Jul 2 with 1150 viewsJack123

Halifax Building Society on 18:16 - Jul 2 by Luther27

Because unless you hadn’t noticed there are far more important things happening in the world than this. However being a democratic country….I believe we still are….people are allowed to vote with their feet, or in this case their money. I really don’t see what all the fuss is about if people carry out this action.

I genuinely get the impression these days, just for saying, what the hell are pronouns about, and is there any need for them? You will be considered by a few, far right. I kid you not.

Make a negative post about pride, you must be a homophobe, make a negative post about the people coming from France on dinghies , you must be a racist.. And it goes on and on.

Personally I don't bank with the Halifax, would I leave them over this if I did, I doubt it.

libera nos a malo

Halifax Building Society on 18:45 - Jul 2 with 1133 viewsonehunglow

Halifax Building Society on 18:42 - Jul 2 by Jack123

I genuinely get the impression these days, just for saying, what the hell are pronouns about, and is there any need for them? You will be considered by a few, far right. I kid you not.

Make a negative post about pride, you must be a homophobe, make a negative post about the people coming from France on dinghies , you must be a racist.. And it goes on and on.

Personally I don't bank with the Halifax, would I leave them over this if I did, I doubt it.

That s a good post.
We are all in La La land.
Yiu can be offended by that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Halifax Building Society on 19:01 - Jul 2 with 1108 viewsCatullus

I don't bank with them and like you, I wouldn't leave them over this either.

I'm with Barclays and I haven't left them despite all this,

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/nov/01/discredit-history-10-years-of-b

What Halifax has done is maybe a bit silly and absolitely nothing compared to what barclays, Lloyds and some others have done.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Halifax Building Society on 19:11 - Jul 2 with 1093 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 19:01 - Jul 2 by Catullus

I don't bank with them and like you, I wouldn't leave them over this either.

I'm with Barclays and I haven't left them despite all this,

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/nov/01/discredit-history-10-years-of-b

What Halifax has done is maybe a bit silly and absolitely nothing compared to what barclays, Lloyds and some others have done.

I doubt very many will leave at all.

It’s the Mail stirring up angst by trawling snowflakes on Twitter.

I haven't seen anything about employees complaining so it looks like a classic being offended on someone else’s behalf. Something the right often accuse the left of.

Two sides of the same coin.
Halifax Building Society on 19:14 - Jul 2 with 1081 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 18:45 - Jul 2 by onehunglow

That s a good post.
We are all in La La land.
Yiu can be offended by that

I can’t sing very well. How dare you make ‘la la references’
Halifax Building Society on 19:43 - Jul 2 with 1042 viewsLuther27

I’ve had enough of shte like this. Perhaps Halifax should concentrate on the customer experience at their branches as it’s awful….and don’t get me started about telephone and online services with them.
I left them pre Covid and bloody glad I did.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Halifax Building Society on 19:57 - Jul 2 with 1037 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 19:43 - Jul 2 by Luther27

I’ve had enough of shte like this. Perhaps Halifax should concentrate on the customer experience at their branches as it’s awful….and don’t get me started about telephone and online services with them.
I left them pre Covid and bloody glad I did.

So you’re not a customer them?

On whose behalf are you offended?
Halifax Building Society on 20:06 - Jul 2 with 1024 viewsLuther27

Halifax Building Society on 19:57 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

So you’re not a customer them?

On whose behalf are you offended?

On behalf of myself….the ex customer who’s entitled to an opinion.

Login to get fewer ads

Halifax Building Society on 20:10 - Jul 2 with 1004 viewsGwyn737

It must be very time consuming to be anti woke.

You have to change your bank account because some staff have chosen to wear a badge with three words you don’t agree with, cancel your RNLI membership as their saving the wrong people at sea, avoid the national trust’s properties for reporting the ‘wrong’ history.

It sounds exhausting to be taking on all these snowflakes.
Halifax Building Society on 20:13 - Jul 2 with 998 viewsLuther27

Halifax Building Society on 20:10 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

You have to change your bank account because some staff have chosen to wear a badge with three words you don’t agree with, cancel your RNLI membership as their saving the wrong people at sea, avoid the national trust’s properties for reporting the ‘wrong’ history.

Not if you’ve got principles and a backbone it isn’t.
But hey….we do live in a democracy you know so I value your opinions.

Halifax Building Society on 20:14 - Jul 2 with 997 viewsKeithHaynes

Halifax Building Society on 20:22 - Jul 1 by 73__73

It wasn’t long ago that you were threatening to leave this forum as you were obviously very easily offended by what some people were saying, so please can you cut out your own hypocrisy, before criticising others.

As everyone John is a valued member of the site, his commitment to helping our cause despite mutterings elsewhere ( you know the disgusting faeces that exist everywhere ) is one of the reasons this site still continues,

Together stronger they call it 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Halifax Building Society on 20:16 - Jul 2 with 995 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 20:13 - Jul 2 by Luther27

Not if you’ve got principles and a backbone it isn’t.
But hey….we do live in a democracy you know so I value your opinions.

Ahhh, but that suggest that only one set of principles is right.

I completely respect your right to choose who provides your services, I’m just pointing out the faux outrage out there.

The only figure I can find is 150 people have left Halifax out of 7 million customers.

Can’t be that big a deal, can it?
Halifax Building Society on 20:19 - Jul 2 with 988 viewsLuther27

Halifax Building Society on 20:16 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

I completely respect your right to choose who provides your services, I’m just pointing out the faux outrage out there.

The only figure I can find is 150 people have left Halifax out of 7 million customers.

Thank you for respecting my opinion. I’m very pleased you at least are a respectful member of our great democracy.

Halifax Building Society on 20:26 - Jul 2 with 971 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 20:16 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

And there’s no proof of 150. Just people on twitter saying they have.
Halifax Building Society on 21:46 - Jul 2 with 928 viewsCatullus

Halifax Building Society on 20:26 - Jul 2 by Sirjohnalot

And there’s no proof of 150. Just people on twitter saying they have.

It's exactly the same as some on here who go to the football and hear one bloke boo and claim "many" are booing.

I rekon we've all don it at some time, the hyperbole game.

It's still a storm in a teacup though.

PS, when it comes to teaching history, what annys me most is how do schools make it look so boring when the real history is fascinating!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Halifax Building Society on 22:01 - Jul 2 with 912 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 21:46 - Jul 2 by Catullus

It's exactly the same as some on here who go to the football and hear one bloke boo and claim "many" are booing.

PS, when it comes to teaching history, what annys me most is how do schools make it look so boring when the real history is fascinating!

We did Welsh history in Cefn Saeson. We had a brilliant teacher, she made it really come alive. Same as A Level law, best teacher I ever had, made Tort and contract law interesting. Very hard to do as it so flipping boring
Halifax Building Society on 22:15 - Jul 2 with 887 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 21:46 - Jul 2 by Catullus

Exam accountability, my friend.
Halifax Building Society on 22:41 - Jul 2 with 857 viewsCatullus

Halifax Building Society on 22:15 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

Exam accountability, my friend.

I didn't do so well in History, slept through much of it which is a real shame because I stay up late reading it now.

Rome, the Greeks, Vikings, Carthage and the Punic wars, the tribal history of Wales and how we always turned on each other, it's mind boggling and totally engrossing. Even the religious aspects which of corse drove much of what those people did. How did anyone manage to make that boring?

Maybe its different now. Maybe I just had bad teachers!

Anyway, that's off topic.

Halifax Building Society on 02:24 - Jul 3 with 810 viewsJack123

Yeah go on bung the pronouns on them.. It's fine ..
Sad, but fine.

[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 3:06]

libera nos a malo

Halifax Building Society on 20:41 - Jul 3 with 698 viewsFlashberryjack

Halifax Building Society on 20:10 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

It must be far more time consuming being woke.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Halifax Building Society on 20:47 - Jul 3 with 687 viewsItchySphincter

Halifax Building Society on 20:41 - Jul 3 by Flashberryjack

Depends if you were born decent or not.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Halifax Building Society on 21:00 - Jul 3 with 666 viewsSirjohnalot

Halifax Building Society on 20:41 - Jul 3 by Flashberryjack

I’ve asked a number of people to explain what they mean by ‘woke’. What do you think it means ?
Halifax Building Society on 21:14 - Jul 3 with 650 viewsItchySphincter

Halifax Building Society on 21:00 - Jul 3 by Sirjohnalot

I’ve asked a number of people to explain what they mean by ‘woke’. What do you think it means ?

I had a whole thread on this once, with the usual responses and hostilities - thing is it doesn’t matter what they think it means. They throw ‘woke’ around as if it’s an insult precisely because they don’t know what it means, and if they did use it as an insult with knowledge of its meaning it tells all you need to know about their character and nature.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Halifax Building Society on 21:27 - Jul 3 with 636 viewsKeithHaynes

Halifax Building Society on 21:14 - Jul 3 by ItchySphincter

I had a whole thread on this once, with the usual responses and hostilities - thing is it doesn’t matter what they think it means. They throw ‘woke’ around as if it’s an insult precisely because they don’t know what it means, and if they did use it as an insult with knowledge of its meaning it tells all you need to know about their character and nature.

Well those responses and hostilities won’t happen here now.
As much as we can.

Those days are gone along with the freaks who used to push others to get hostile and then send PM’s to each other trying to find out who people were and plan the next level of bullying. That’s why they are no longer here.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Halifax Building Society on 21:43 - Jul 3 with 616 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 21:00 - Jul 3 by Sirjohnalot

It’s a term some people use to describe things they don’t like.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024