Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halifax Building Society 18:19 - Jul 1 with 7565 viewsbritferry

Shot themselves in the foot over the pronouns politically correct nonsense

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Halifax Building Society on 23:56 - Jul 1 with 1131 viewsItchySphincter

Halifax Building Society on 20:33 - Jul 1 by Jack123

I can't see why she just wouldn't want to be called Gemma, that's her name? I must admit I don't understand all this she/her/hers stuff.

This kind of stunt by Halifax. is a Bit like putting Gemma and below MUFC, or Susan and underneath TOON ARMY, there is no need just use names.

If you don’t understand it move on. It’s not about how you feel.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Halifax Building Society on 00:39 - Jul 2 with 1097 viewsDJack

Halifax Building Society on 20:42 - Jul 1 by 73__73

Come down from your high horse, Mr hypocrite 👍

Coming from a right wing poster who has changed his name many times and been a proven liar many times... a bit weak.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Halifax Building Society on 00:41 - Jul 2 with 1097 viewsDJack

Halifax Building Society on 21:02 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

It’s something new on me, but there are people who genuinely feel that they’re neither gender. I don’t understand it myself but all I’m saying is, this isn’t harming anyone.

This.

It's new and a little odd to me but who am I to take the role of arbiter.

No.
Harm.
Done.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Halifax Building Society on 00:44 - Jul 2 with 1097 viewsJack123

Halifax Building Society on 23:56 - Jul 1 by ItchySphincter

Well, you have got to go with your feelings. It's wrong. Too scapegoat wearing a badge like that is just wrong, I'm this, I'm that who cares.. I don't and never will care.

libera nos a malo

Halifax Building Society on 00:45 - Jul 2 with 1092 viewsDJack

Halifax Building Society on 22:19 - Jul 1 by Wingstandwood

IMO its best to call someone by the name he/she wishes to be called, it shows support and is far more pleasant than pronouns that are cold and lack warmth.

...What rank were you?...Did it lack warmth?

Halifax Building Society on 00:47 - Jul 2 with 1088 viewsDJack

Halifax Building Society on 22:53 - Jul 1 by Gwyn737

It is a storm in a teacup, Cat.

Not a big deal at all. Can you imagine moving your bank because of it? Some people don’t half get worked up.

"Some people don’t half get worked up. "

Yep...The limp wristed snowflakes. Betas the lot of them.

Halifax Building Society on 01:10 - Jul 2 with 1078 viewsbritferry

Well the Brit Awards no longer have Male or Female categories.

Perhaps Wimbledon should do the same, just have a singles & doubles tournament.

I wonder what the luvies have to say about the Mixed Doubles

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Halifax Building Society on 01:33 - Jul 2 with 1073 viewsJack123

Halifax Building Society on 23:56 - Jul 1 by ItchySphincter

It will always be about how you feel Itch..

[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 3:13]

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Halifax Building Society on 08:10 - Jul 2 with 1015 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 01:10 - Jul 2 by britferry

Well the Brit Awards no longer have Male or Female categories.

Perhaps Wimbledon should do the same, just have a singles & doubles tournament.

I wonder what the luvies have to say about the Mixed Doubles

The Brits makes sense to me. There’s no inherent advantage of sex when creating music so why not?

Sport is a completely different story.
Halifax Building Society on 08:53 - Jul 2 with 999 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Halifax Building Society on 20:52 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

It’s different though as that has to be with ID for money laundering etc

Indeed so Halifax’s position is that they will absolutely support everyone going through gender dysphoria and accept everyone because they are super inclusive, but if any of those people want to open an account or use any of their services they need to make damn sure their ID matches the gender they say they are.

See the double standards here?
Halifax Building Society on 08:57 - Jul 2 with 996 viewsItchySphincter

Halifax Building Society on 00:44 - Jul 2 by Jack123

Well, you have got to go with your feelings. It's wrong. Too scapegoat wearing a badge like that is just wrong, I'm this, I'm that who cares.. I don't and never will care.

You do care though, you think it is wrong.

It’s quite bizarre to me how so many people can have so many negatives opinions on things that make diddlysquat difference to their lives. They can’t just let others live their lives in peace.

It’s a type.

Halifax Building Society on 09:42 - Jul 2 with 968 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Halifax Building Society on 08:57 - Jul 2 by ItchySphincter

It’s quite bizarre to me how so many people can have so many negatives opinions on things that make diddlysquat difference to their lives. They can’t just let others live their lives in peace.

It’s a type.

Are you suggesting people should only be allowed to have opinions on things that directly affect them?

I have a negative opinion on the Spanish Inquisition, Attila the Hun and Michael Chopra but none of them have made diddlysquat difference to my life. Should I be silenced from speaking about them forever?
Halifax Building Society on 09:45 - Jul 2 with 967 viewsGixerJack

Halifax Building Society on 18:36 - Jul 1 by britferry

can you call them "it" ?

but yeah, I thinks its a bank these days

Parent company: Bank of Scotland plc
Owner: Lloyds Banking Group

“It” is a pronoun so yes you can.
“She” is also a pronoun which can be used.
But as it turns out you’re not allowed to use she and it!!
Halifax Building Society on 09:55 - Jul 2 with 956 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 09:42 - Jul 2 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Are you suggesting people should only be allowed to have opinions on things that directly affect them?

I have a negative opinion on the Spanish Inquisition, Attila the Hun and Michael Chopra but none of them have made diddlysquat difference to my life. Should I be silenced from speaking about them forever?

If you wanted to were a badge stating any of those things it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.
Halifax Building Society on 09:57 - Jul 2 with 955 viewsWingstandwood

"Please do not use gendered language to address everyone" 0:39's......That guy is (listen to his voice) obviously in a state of severe distress because a fellow audience member used the word "guy's". That he/him is also in a state of distress himself because he is suffering from 'sensory overload' so there may be mitigating circumstances for his innocent mistake?

Or is there a possibility that even audience members who advocate correct pronouns get behind the times? If so? What hope does that give others whom are far more likely to fall behind the times themselves?

Call me old fashioned but lets not dehumanise fellow humans, lets bring support, connection, love and warmth to the table by referring to people by their first name?

"Oi 'YOU' bring me the Rotabroach" just sounds so cold and abrupt.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 11:06]

Argus!

Halifax Building Society on 11:58 - Jul 2 with 907 viewsCatullus

Halifax Building Society on 22:28 - Jul 1 by Gwyn737

I agree but on the incredibly rare occasion someone individually requests a different pronoun is used that should be respected.

If someone chooses to wear a badge in support then that’s their choice and not necessarily virtue signalling (see Pride badges, Stop the war badges, Poppy badges etc) and not worth getting het up about.

I just saw this one, there is a difference in Pride, stop the war and poppies, people make those decisions themselves, it's different when an employer brings it in. It's a choice right now but what if a company makes it a rule? Is this kind of thing where employers should be going?

Right now this isn't a big deal but it's a step down a path to a big deal.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Halifax Building Society on 12:14 - Jul 2 with 891 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 11:58 - Jul 2 by Catullus

I just saw this one, there is a difference in Pride, stop the war and poppies, people make those decisions themselves, it's different when an employer brings it in. It's a choice right now but what if a company makes it a rule? Is this kind of thing where employers should be going?

Right now this isn't a big deal but it's a step down a path to a big deal.

If it was a rule I’d agree with you, Cat. But it’s not, it’s optional.

Same as in my Local Authority email where there is an email signature option for pronouns. I’ve chosen not to use it as I don’t see the need. It’s not a problem.

I’m also pretty sure that you as a reasonable chap if asked by an individual to use a different pronoun you would.

I don’t buy into the idea that this will lead to some kind of chaos. This peppering of the work ‘woke’ is getting tiring. It’s the other side of the coin to those who shout ‘fascist’ when it’s no such thing.

If the internet was around during the legalisation of homosexuality you can bet that those against it would be using whatever vernacular for ‘woke’ was available.

I reckon there’s definitely a generational divide her. Posters, ask your children and grandchildren what they think. The majority won’t give a stuff.
Halifax Building Society on 12:20 - Jul 2 with 879 viewsItchySphincter

Halifax Building Society on 09:42 - Jul 2 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Obviously not. Read it again.

Halifax Building Society on 12:25 - Jul 2 with 878 viewsJack123

Halifax Building Society on 08:57 - Jul 2 by ItchySphincter

It’s a type.

Eh? What do you mean it's a type.

Surely it's more dignified for a person to put down who they think they are, than putting this pronoun nonsense?

Let's face it, you won't be seeing Gemma anywhere, they may put stuff like that in their social media profiles, but in real life? No, it just doesn't work. Not in real life, it's one big pee take on them.

libera nos a malo

Halifax Building Society on 12:28 - Jul 2 with 875 viewsCatullus

Halifax Building Society on 12:14 - Jul 2 by Gwyn737

If it was a rule I’d agree with you, Cat. But it’s not, it’s optional.

Same as in my Local Authority email where there is an email signature option for pronouns. I’ve chosen not to use it as I don’t see the need. It’s not a problem.

I’m also pretty sure that you as a reasonable chap if asked by an individual to use a different pronoun you would.

I don’t buy into the idea that this will lead to some kind of chaos. This peppering of the work ‘woke’ is getting tiring. It’s the other side of the coin to those who shout ‘fascist’ when it’s no such thing.

If the internet was around during the legalisation of homosexuality you can bet that those against it would be using whatever vernacular for ‘woke’ was available.

I reckon there’s definitely a generational divide her. Posters, ask your children and grandchildren what they think. The majority won’t give a stuff.

Like I said, it's a step down the road to a big deal, lets hope the journey doesn't get very far.

I've already said I would calll someone by their preferred pronoun, as long as it's their choice. That was the other point, as long as it's optional then fine.

FAO Itchy, a few times you have posted that thought, why do people care about things that have no effect on them. In which case, why do you care about people's opinions that have absolutely no effect on you? Have you never posted an opinion about something that doesn't affect you and means absolutely diddlysquat to you?

Opinions are still like anus's, we all have one.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Halifax Building Society on 13:21 - Jul 2 with 816 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 12:28 - Jul 2 by Catullus

Like I said, it's a step down the road to a big deal, lets hope the journey doesn't get very far.

I've already said I would calll someone by their preferred pronoun, as long as it's their choice. That was the other point, as long as it's optional then fine.

FAO Itchy, a few times you have posted that thought, why do people care about things that have no effect on them. In which case, why do you care about people's opinions that have absolutely no effect on you? Have you never posted an opinion about something that doesn't affect you and means absolutely diddlysquat to you?

Opinions are still like anus's, we all have one.

It won’t get very far Cat as the vast majority of folk are sensible.

I wouldn’t call closing your bank account due three inoffensive words in font size 12 on a badge of those workers who wish to wear it sensible. I’d call it snowflakery of the highest order.

Most can see the line between something like this gesture and say, trans sports competitors.

The centre of the Venn diagram of those who see this as the road to the destruction of civilisation and who shout ‘woke’ at everything that’s different/changes/they doesn’t understand remains pretty small, as does the opposite of extreme progressives demanding daft stuff around pronoun use and trans rights.
Halifax Building Society on 13:27 - Jul 2 with 809 viewsFlashberryjack

Halifax Building Society on 22:53 - Jul 1 by Gwyn737

It is a storm in a teacup, Cat.

Not a big deal at all. Can you imagine moving your bank because of it? Some people don’t half get worked up.

If my bank brought in this nonsense I'd be disappointed, but probably remain, but, if my bank responded to my disappointment in the same way that Halifax have, then I'd definitely change banks, same goes to any company I deal with.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Halifax Building Society on 13:47 - Jul 2 with 772 viewsunion_jack

Just a bit of levity,

Woke Emergency

999 Call Centre: 999 Emergency.

Man: Hello, I need an……….

999: Sorry, but before you go on can I take some details from you please. May I address you as ‘sir’?

Man: Er, I suppose

999: Thank you. Can you tell me please what gender you identify as with particular reference to the pronouns we address you by.

Man: What!? I need an…

999: Please sir, can you just answer the question. Do you still identify as the gender you were assigned at birth or would you prefer to be called ‘they’ or something else?

Man: Are you joking me, I need….

999: Sir, please. You must understand my position here in that it is very important that I or the emergency services we will send out to you will not cause you offence or distress in anyway.

Man: I’m a man, call me by the pronoun he or him. It doesn’t really matter. Now will you send….

999: Sorry sir, but just a few more questions. What is your cultural identity. Do you identify as black, white, Asian or other.

Man: This is ridiculous, I’m black. Now….

999: Thank you sir, now would that be Black British, West Indian, African or other?

Man: British, now just get me a bloody…

999: Sorry sir, but we just need to be sure no offence is caused.

Man: <weakly> I just need a……

999: Just one more question sir and I can then inform the emergency service you need of your preferences ensuring you are comfortable being addressed by them. So sir, are you ginger?

Man: <silence>

999: Sir? Have we said anything that may have caused offence?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Halifax Building Society on 18:16 - Jul 2 with 666 viewsLuther27

Halifax Building Society on 18:58 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

They’ll have limited options to open another account as all the banks will be doing similar. May I ask, why would a bank introducing a policy that assists people to make them feel accepted be a bad thing ?

If you have a member of staff who is genuinely confused about this type of thing and this helps them to feel accepted, why would you a customer close their account ? We are now all (well most) fully supportive of gay people and people of all races and our club is at the forefront of this, what’s the difference between that and a person who prefers to have a different pronoun ?

A little name badge and people are closing their accounts.

I’m genuinely interested as to how this upsets you

Because unless you hadn’t noticed there are far more important things happening in the world than this. However being a democratic country….I believe we still are….people are allowed to vote with their feet, or in this case their money. I really don’t see what all the fuss is about if people carry out this action.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Halifax Building Society on 18:37 - Jul 2 with 644 viewsonehunglow

Halifax Building Society on 13:47 - Jul 2 by union_jack

Just a bit of levity,

Woke Emergency

999 Call Centre: 999 Emergency.

Man: Hello, I need an……….

999: Sorry, but before you go on can I take some details from you please. May I address you as ‘sir’?

Man: Er, I suppose

999: Thank you. Can you tell me please what gender you identify as with particular reference to the pronouns we address you by.

Man: What!? I need an…

999: Please sir, can you just answer the question. Do you still identify as the gender you were assigned at birth or would you prefer to be called ‘they’ or something else?

Man: Are you joking me, I need….

999: Sir, please. You must understand my position here in that it is very important that I or the emergency services we will send out to you will not cause you offence or distress in anyway.

Man: I’m a man, call me by the pronoun he or him. It doesn’t really matter. Now will you send….

999: Sorry sir, but just a few more questions. What is your cultural identity. Do you identify as black, white, Asian or other.

Man: This is ridiculous, I’m black. Now….

999: Thank you sir, now would that be Black British, West Indian, African or other?

Man: British, now just get me a bloody…

999: Sorry sir, but we just need to be sure no offence is caused.

Man: <weakly> I just need a……

999: Just one more question sir and I can then inform the emergency service you need of your preferences ensuring you are comfortable being addressed by them. So sir, are you ginger?

Man: <silence>

999: Sir? Have we said anything that may have caused offence?

Offence is taken,so we read.

The fact we are even discussing this matter shows we have collectively lost our marbles.

Look down,That s what you are

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024