Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halifax Building Society 18:19 - Jul 1 with 7190 viewsbritferry

Shot themselves in the foot over the pronouns politically correct nonsense

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Halifax Building Society on 21:05 - Jul 1 with 1228 viewsJack123

Halifax Building Society on 20:39 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

It’s not something I’ve ever thought about till recently, but the thinking behind it is to help the members of staff who aren’t happy with the gender they were born with and would prefer to be called something else. If other staff members wear the pronouns on their badges, so here the lady has ‘her/she, it’ll make those who may otherwise feel excluded, be accepted and not stand out.

That’s all it is. Trying to help people

If that's the reason behind it, surely Gemma should call herself what she wanted, rather than this she/hers thingy.

Basically the way I see it, if Gemma is wearing that badge, well she might as well have the name badge Gary?

If she is saying by pronouns after the name, that I identify as something not what you see, well put down who you identify as then, it would a lot more bearable than she/her/hers.

libera nos a malo

Halifax Building Society on 21:08 - Jul 1 with 1210 viewsWingstandwood

The trouble with this WOKE lunacy is that it has now led to a situation where there's no longer lines that cannot be crossed and no boundaries anymore. The more stupidity that is allowed the worse it’ll get, because it’s now ending up as “anything goes”! The more its fed the more immoral and sick it becomes!

The Halifax stuff is benign but the WOKE movement it belongs to certainly is not????

It’s now o.k. for 'creepy' TV producers/crew of a children’s TV programme to ‘explore’ LBGTQ matters with pre-pubescent children. Is it any wonder why there are alarm bells? FFS they are kids! Who in their right mind supports this? And are some in a segregation part of a prison?

Seriously! Why would a grown-up adult feel the need to sexualise a pre-pubescent child's mind? Sinister? Disturbing? Judging from people's comments for the YouTube video it is indeed both sinister and disturbing!

So many people cannot be wrong? What grown-up (as opposed to puerile man-child or worse!) would be comfortable with that?

So It is now o.k. and become perfectly acceptable for parents of a child to (started when he 2 years old!) 'COERCE' that child to act in a way that only a few years back would have got someone onto the phone to child protection services.

This is what all this made-up WOKE shite and rank stupidity has lead to! Respect to the black guy in the audience for not clapping!

Argus!

Halifax Building Society on 21:20 - Jul 1 with 1168 viewsSirjohnalot

I’m obviously not going to convince anyone here, so I hope you all have a lovely evening. Off for a run. Take care everyone
Halifax Building Society (n/t) on 21:21 - Jul 1 with 1168 viewsJack123

Halifax Building Society on 21:08 - Jul 1 by Wingstandwood

The trouble with this WOKE lunacy is that it has now led to a situation where there's no longer lines that cannot be crossed and no boundaries anymore. The more stupidity that is allowed the worse it’ll get, because it’s now ending up as “anything goes”! The more its fed the more immoral and sick it becomes!

The Halifax stuff is benign but the WOKE movement it belongs to certainly is not????

It’s now o.k. for 'creepy' TV producers/crew of a children’s TV programme to ‘explore’ LBGTQ matters with pre-pubescent children. Is it any wonder why there are alarm bells? FFS they are kids! Who in their right mind supports this? And are some in a segregation part of a prison?

Seriously! Why would a grown-up adult feel the need to sexualise a pre-pubescent child's mind? Sinister? Disturbing? Judging from people's comments for the YouTube video it is indeed both sinister and disturbing!

So many people cannot be wrong? What grown-up (as opposed to puerile man-child or worse!) would be comfortable with that?

So It is now o.k. and become perfectly acceptable for parents of a child to (started when he 2 years old!) 'COERCE' that child to act in a way that only a few years back would have got someone onto the phone to child protection services.

This is what all this made-up WOKE shite and rank stupidity has lead to! Respect to the black guy in the audience for not clapping!

[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 21:29]

libera nos a malo

Halifax Building Society (n/t) on 21:24 - Jul 1 with 1161 viewsWingstandwood

Halifax Building Society (n/t) on 21:21 - Jul 1 by Jack123

Argus!

Halifax Building Society (n/t) on 21:24 - Jul 1 with 1161 viewsWingstandwood

Halifax Building Society (n/t) on 21:21 - Jul 1 by Jack123

The BBC might be happy with highly questionable content they feed to kids what with their protection of a notorious BBC celebrity Jimmy Saville, along with its track record of another former member like the one who was a supporter of an outlawed group.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 21:32]

Argus!

Halifax Building Society (n/t) on 21:33 - Jul 1 with 1133 viewsJack123

Halifax Building Society (n/t) on 21:24 - Jul 1 by Wingstandwood

The BBC might be happy with highly questionable content they feed to kids what with their protection of a notorious BBC celebrity Jimmy Saville, along with its track record of another former member like the one who was a supporter of an outlawed group.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 21:32]

Damm it, I deleted that previous post. Yes they are, you only have to look at eastenders.

libera nos a malo

Halifax Building Society on 21:50 - Jul 1 with 1085 viewsCatullus

Halifax Building Society on 21:02 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

It’s something new on me, but there are people who genuinely feel that they’re neither gender. I don’t understand it myself but all I’m saying is, this isn’t harming anyone.

If someone genuinely feels they are neither then they should have an op, have all their sex organs remved and have the medical equipment inserted so they can still use toilets. Then they will ne neither gender.

Until that point they are either man or woman, unless they they are the infinitesmally tiny percentgae of people who are actually born hermaphrodite, have both male and female sex organs. I don't think any human being has been born with neither male nor female sex organs. That gender does not exist in humans, not naturally.

Personally I'd choose nature over human stupidity every time. However, if a person genuinely believes and feels they are the wrong gender then they can change and I'll treat them with respect, the "their" crowd though, they are a different kettle of fish.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Halifax Building Society on 22:02 - Jul 1 with 1050 viewsGwyn737

If you don’t like using the pronouns, just call her Gemma.

There. Fixed it.
Halifax Building Society on 22:02 - Jul 1 with 1050 viewsFlashberryjack

Halifax Building Society on 21:20 - Jul 1 by Sirjohnalot

I’m obviously not going to convince anyone here, so I hope you all have a lovely evening. Off for a run. Take care everyone

Goes to show that common sense isn't quite dead...yet.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Halifax Building Society on 22:06 - Jul 1 with 1041 viewsJack123

Halifax Building Society on 22:02 - Jul 1 by Gwyn737

There. Fixed it.

I would always call her Gemma, but surely this pronouns thing is just highlighting she wants to be someone else, so why put pronouns down?, Just put the name who Gemma want's to be.

libera nos a malo

Halifax Building Society on 22:08 - Jul 1 with 1036 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 22:06 - Jul 1 by Jack123

I would always call her Gemma, but surely this pronouns thing is just highlighting she wants to be someone else, so why put pronouns down?, Just put the name who Gemma want's to be.

It’s optional.

Some will were it as they wish to use alternative pronouns, some will be ‘obvious’ like Gemma her/she as a show of support.

No big deal.
Halifax Building Society on 22:11 - Jul 1 with 1031 viewsCatullus

Halifax Building Society on 22:02 - Jul 1 by Gwyn737

There. Fixed it.

Iguess that's the point, Gwyn, there was no need for this. It was virtue signalling. We are included until someone excludes us. If someone doesn't want to be called he or she then they need a different pronoun badge. A man or a woman who is happy to be called by those pronouns doesn't need a badge.

I don't like this "their" nonsense but even so, if I ever come across a person who used this pronoun, I would use it without saying anything.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Halifax Building Society on 22:15 - Jul 1 with 1023 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 22:11 - Jul 1 by Catullus

Iguess that's the point, Gwyn, there was no need for this. It was virtue signalling. We are included until someone excludes us. If someone doesn't want to be called he or she then they need a different pronoun badge. A man or a woman who is happy to be called by those pronouns doesn't need a badge.

I don't like this "their" nonsense but even so, if I ever come across a person who used this pronoun, I would use it without saying anything.

I just don’t think it’s a big deal.
Halifax Building Society on 22:19 - Jul 1 with 1010 viewsWingstandwood

IMO its best to call someone by the name he/she wishes to be called, it shows support and is far more pleasant than pronouns that are cold and lack warmth.

Argus!

Halifax Building Society on 22:25 - Jul 1 with 990 viewsWhiterockin

Halifax Building Society on 20:46 - Jul 1 by raynor94

Just use switch, your new bank does it all, no problem

Exactly changing bank is simple and very easy. Would I change for this reason no.
Halifax Building Society on 22:27 - Jul 1 with 977 viewsJack123

Halifax Building Society on 22:15 - Jul 1 by Gwyn737

It could be, you either identify as some other gender or you don't.

This pronouns was most probably brought in, due to legalities, legal stuff.

If these pronoun people are happy to display pronouns under their name, well, surely they could display their preferred name as well, because If I walked into a bank and talked to Gemma, I would surely be inquisitive to ask.. The question, so anyone put in that position instead of using pronouns, just say who you are.

By the look the bank would be quite happy, to accept Gemma as Gary, so why not put it on her name badge?

Instead of this she/her/hers big marker above her/his head.

libera nos a malo

Halifax Building Society on 22:28 - Jul 1 with 975 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 22:19 - Jul 1 by Wingstandwood

IMO its best to call someone by the name he/she wishes to be called, it shows support and is far more pleasant than pronouns that are cold and lack warmth.

I agree but on the incredibly rare occasion someone individually requests a different pronoun is used that should be respected.

If someone chooses to wear a badge in support then that’s their choice and not necessarily virtue signalling (see Pride badges, Stop the war badges, Poppy badges etc) and not worth getting het up about.
Halifax Building Society on 22:29 - Jul 1 with 971 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 22:27 - Jul 1 by Jack123

It could be, you either identify as some other gender or you don't.

This pronouns was most probably brought in, due to legalities, legal stuff.

If these pronoun people are happy to display pronouns under their name, well, surely they could display their preferred name as well, because If I walked into a bank and talked to Gemma, I would surely be inquisitive to ask.. The question, so anyone put in that position instead of using pronouns, just say who you are.

By the look the bank would be quite happy, to accept Gemma as Gary, so why not put it on her name badge?

Instead of this she/her/hers big marker above her/his head.

That’s not the purpose of the badge in the example.

If I was in a bank I’d just be happy to speak to a real person these days!
Halifax Building Society on 22:33 - Jul 1 with 957 viewsCatullus

Halifax Building Society on 22:15 - Jul 1 by Gwyn737

Halifax thought it was a big deal, I'd say. Personally I've never come across anyone who wasn't happy to be called sir or madam, him or her. They are a tiny number so why feel the need to twitterise it?

Halifax Building Society on 22:38 - Jul 1 with 951 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 22:33 - Jul 1 by Catullus

Halifax thought it was a big deal, I'd say. Personally I've never come across anyone who wasn't happy to be called sir or madam, him or her. They are a tiny number so why feel the need to twitterise it?

Maybe it’s come through work on staff well-being?

They’ve made it optional so there’s choice. If there wasn’t choice I’d have a different opinion.
Halifax Building Society on 22:39 - Jul 1 with 949 viewsJack123

Halifax Building Society on 22:33 - Jul 1 by Catullus

I bet there are hardly any, and this pronouns thing will disappear as quick as it came, because for me this is surely taking the pee out of someone who doesn't know their identity.

libera nos a malo

Halifax Building Society on 22:50 - Jul 1 with 929 viewsCatullus

Halifax Building Society on 22:38 - Jul 1 by Gwyn737

Maybe it’s come through work on staff well-being?

They’ve made it optional so there’s choice. If there wasn’t choice I’d have a different opinion.

There should always be choice, yes. If it came through staff well being, how many felt strongly enough to raise it? It's probably a case of a tiny minority making the most noise.

remember Sam Smith, he went over to being called "they" and how much has anyone heard from him since?

It is a storm in a teacup.

Halifax Building Society on 22:53 - Jul 1 with 924 viewsGwyn737

Halifax Building Society on 22:50 - Jul 1 by Catullus

There should always be choice, yes. If it came through staff well being, how many felt strongly enough to raise it? It's probably a case of a tiny minority making the most noise.

remember Sam Smith, he went over to being called "they" and how much has anyone heard from him since?

It is a storm in a teacup.

It is a storm in a teacup, Cat.

Not a big deal at all. Can you imagine moving your bank because of it? Some people don’t half get worked up.
Halifax Building Society on 23:00 - Jul 1 with 920 viewsJack123

Yeah thinking of it, this pronouns thing was always on social media for the last year or so, Halifax by the look are trying to bring into the real world.. It's not going to happen, social media is different to real world,.

I would be very surprised if any Halifax employee sat there with that under their name, I really would.

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024