Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petrol queues. 13:36 - Sep 25 with 29451 viewsSnipper

Bloody big queue at the petrol station today.

When will these tossers learn that it’s the media scaremongering?

Anyway, nearly 2 hours in a queue, and I didn’t even want any bloody petrol. I only wanted this months version of Razzle and a packet of tissues.

That’s me sorted for the weekend. 😜😜
Petrol queues. on 23:10 - Sep 28 with 3084 viewsQPsyR

Oh well at least loads of people said there was lots of Mandy this weekend apparently

One would guess the E in this jolly good song stands for Electric motor

FKA AcidPixie

Petrol queues. on 23:38 - Sep 28 with 2986 viewsQPR_John

Petrol queues. on 16:31 - Sep 28 by nix

Do you really think they're not governing well because they have no competition or is it just because they're incompetent? I don't think I can ever remember a government that I had less faith in. They are the epitome of self serving and self promoting tosspots.

Whataboutery is not good enough.

We just deserve better. Well I do. I'm not sure about some of our electorate, I've lost faith in them too.

Brexit is a disaster if only because it puts even more power into the hands of those clueless idiots. And is forcing us to get into bed with the US, who spend more time trying to force women into having unwanted children than actually helping them to support the children they already have.

I'm panicking. Don't tell me not to. I neither wanted nor voted for this shit storm and am absolutely sick to the back teeth of being told to put up with something I knew would be shit.

Maybe we should disenfranchise those who don’t vote the way you want.
Petrol queues. on 23:41 - Sep 28 with 2967 viewsstowmarketrange

Petrol queues. on 15:09 - Sep 28 by PinnerPaul

My last on this subject, then I'm ignoring this thread, nothing personal - all views welcome and all that - but don't really like 'politcal' threads impinging on my worrying about the Rs!

Anyway my son tells me that fuel tanker drivers need an extra 'qualification' over 'normal' HGV drivers.

Makes sense when you think about it as they actually discharge the fuel into the tanks at the garages.

So its not as easy as just paying more or 'importing' from Europe.

You need to get an ADR licence to carry dangerous goods and a licence for driving tankers.I did have both but I didn’t fancy sitting in front of a travelling bomb so I never wanted to get a job delivering fuel.
But it will be the same if they draft in the Army hgv drivers.They will have to be trained to deliver the fuel safely.
Petrol queues. on 07:16 - Sep 29 with 2805 viewsPaddyhoops

Petrol queues. on 23:41 - Sep 28 by stowmarketrange

You need to get an ADR licence to carry dangerous goods and a licence for driving tankers.I did have both but I didn’t fancy sitting in front of a travelling bomb so I never wanted to get a job delivering fuel.
But it will be the same if they draft in the Army hgv drivers.They will have to be trained to deliver the fuel safely.

Just managed to fill my tank at the BP garage at Swiss cottage.
Felt like I'd won the lottery.
What a sad world we live in when its got to this!!
It means I can carry on working for a few more days which is a massive relief!!
Petrol queues. on 07:29 - Sep 29 with 2782 viewsdistortR

We're at the end of the delivery chain over here, but there's been no silliness and everything's functioning as normal.
With supermarkets working on just-in-time, a spell of bad weather often leads to empty spaces on the shelves and no newspapers, so maybe we're just used to it.
Petrol queues. on 07:31 - Sep 29 with 2766 viewsRanger_Things

Petrol queues. on 19:02 - Sep 28 by derbyhoop

The problems with the shortage of HGV drivers and the reasons should be well known by now

There has been a shortage for a long time
The combination of Brexit and the pandemic meant many EU drivers went back to their home countries
The average age of HGV drivers is 55+
The working conditions are awful with few adequate facilities anywhere in the UK
Compare that to the aires you find next to French motorways. And probably other EU countries as well.

Covid has meant training new HGV drivers has been difficult
Testing of new drivers and re-testing of existing ones has been affected by Covid

Given the way the EU drivers were treated at the end of last year, do you think they will be rushing to take up the desperate offer of a 3 month visa ? I'd be surprised if they get more than 1,000 taking it up.

Although there are undoubtedly, shortages of HGV drivers across many EU countries I don't see any evidence of fuel shortages in France.

Quite, I can’t see why EU drivers would want to work over here. They’d get paid less, conditions are terrible and they could get stuck in customs for hours/days. Working in Ireland, France, Holland etc is far more attractive and lucrative.
Petrol queues. on 08:30 - Sep 29 with 2690 viewsCiderwithRsie

Petrol queues. on 16:31 - Sep 28 by nix

Do you really think they're not governing well because they have no competition or is it just because they're incompetent? I don't think I can ever remember a government that I had less faith in. They are the epitome of self serving and self promoting tosspots.

Whataboutery is not good enough.

We just deserve better. Well I do. I'm not sure about some of our electorate, I've lost faith in them too.

Brexit is a disaster if only because it puts even more power into the hands of those clueless idiots. And is forcing us to get into bed with the US, who spend more time trying to force women into having unwanted children than actually helping them to support the children they already have.

I'm panicking. Don't tell me not to. I neither wanted nor voted for this shit storm and am absolutely sick to the back teeth of being told to put up with something I knew would be shit.

Well, +1 from me.

I'd add that I knew they'd be rubbish from the get-go because they'd been spouting balls for years. "Boris" may or may not be a laugh but when did anyone ever think "there goes a safe pair of hands?"

One reason people panic is because calm, rational people expect the govt to be completely unprepared. That's their track record, it's exactly what happened with Covid, Afghanistan, GCSE/A-levels, you name it. The effect of the NI Protocol appals them and they co-wrote the fecker.
Petrol queues. on 08:38 - Sep 29 with 2662 viewsnix

Petrol queues. on 23:38 - Sep 28 by QPR_John

Maybe we should disenfranchise those who don’t vote the way you want.

I didn't say that, so usual putting words in people's mouths.

But I wish some of the people who give ridiculous reasons for voting, like, he looks like someone who'd be fun down the pub (someone actually said that to me as their reason for voting for Johnson), or who genuinely believed the figures about the NHS on the bus, wouldn't bother. Equally, those who spout conspiracy theories about the Covid vaccine, that are so misleading, they're actually dangerous, I wish they'd stay at home too. There are as many people who have genuine reasons for taking the decisions that they make, which while I don't necessarily agree with them, I respect their point of view.
Login to get fewer ads

Petrol queues. on 09:36 - Sep 29 with 2566 viewswillis1980

Petrol queues. on 07:31 - Sep 29 by Ranger_Things

Quite, I can’t see why EU drivers would want to work over here. They’d get paid less, conditions are terrible and they could get stuck in customs for hours/days. Working in Ireland, France, Holland etc is far more attractive and lucrative.

A number of drivers have already said they see no point in relocating for the sake of three months, logistically it also makes little sense as it’ll take that long to get used to using the roads etc
Petrol queues. on 09:55 - Sep 29 with 2511 viewsCamberleyR

A nomination for 'c*nt of the week'. £1.60 of petrol put in someone's tank.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-58723600

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Petrol queues. on 10:35 - Sep 29 with 2437 viewsQPR_Jim

Petrol queues. on 09:55 - Sep 29 by CamberleyR

A nomination for 'c*nt of the week'. £1.60 of petrol put in someone's tank.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-58723600

Imagine waiting all that time then realising you forgot your wallet.

The queues out of the petrol stations is causing stationary traffic on the roads around where I live. As I'm on leave this week we went out yesterday and quickly realised we need to change our route to avoid going near petrol stations. From the messages I've got from colleagues, people are working from home to avoid journeys. Complete madness again just as things were starting to resemble something approaching normality.
Petrol queues. on 11:11 - Sep 29 with 2371 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Petrol queues. on 10:35 - Sep 29 by QPR_Jim

Imagine waiting all that time then realising you forgot your wallet.

The queues out of the petrol stations is causing stationary traffic on the roads around where I live. As I'm on leave this week we went out yesterday and quickly realised we need to change our route to avoid going near petrol stations. From the messages I've got from colleagues, people are working from home to avoid journeys. Complete madness again just as things were starting to resemble something approaching normality.

Same round here. Main roads are blocked by traffic queues. Can’t use a lot of side roads because of LTN’s. Doesn’t really bother me on my bike but I feel for people who need to drive. Probably effects my business though, it has been a bit quiet this week.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Petrol queues. on 12:07 - Sep 29 with 2288 viewscolinallcars

The late, very great Jerry Reed would have foreseen all this.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 20:51]
Petrol queues. on 12:14 - Sep 29 with 2273 viewsQPR_John

Petrol queues. on 07:31 - Sep 29 by Ranger_Things

I’ll give you the customs bit but why are pay and conditions so bad now. Were they better before Brexit when EU drivers seemed happy to come here
Petrol queues. on 12:27 - Sep 29 with 2238 viewsstowmarketrange

Petrol queues. on 12:14 - Sep 29 by QPR_John

I’ll give you the customs bit but why are pay and conditions so bad now. Were they better before Brexit when EU drivers seemed happy to come here

If most of Europe are short of truck drivers too,why would anyone come here for only 3 months?
Petrol queues. on 12:29 - Sep 29 with 2223 viewsAntti_Heinola

Petrol queues. on 17:06 - Sep 28 by BerkoRanger

It is amazing how many people are forgetting that if Labour had won the last election, they said they would have cancelled Brexit immediately. Meaning that we would be standing in the queue outside Brussels saying "Please Sir, can we have some vaccines." Meaning, far, far less of the current UK population would have been jabbed with, potentially, many more deaths. Instead, Boris was able to buy 100 million vaccine doses on day 1 of the pandemic. FACT. And while we are on the subject of EU workers, if we give EU visas to 5k drivers and 5k poultry workers, (Labour say we should bring over thousands more), where are they all going to live. Most council leaders will tell you there is a shortage of affordable homes.
Still, let's give the Labour conference maximum publicity ! And how many small businesses will cope with a £15 minimum wage. Shall I go on?

Thank goodness there is a game tonight to follow. C'mon U RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRs.

I'm afraid we were still in the EU when we ordered our vaccines, so this is a complete fallacy. We could've done that regardless. We didn't leave until Jan. The EU was badly organised at the start, but long term has overtaken us.

Bare bones.

Petrol queues. on 12:35 - Sep 29 with 2194 viewsstowmarketrange

Petrol queues. on 12:29 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

I'm afraid we were still in the EU when we ordered our vaccines, so this is a complete fallacy. We could've done that regardless. We didn't leave until Jan. The EU was badly organised at the start, but long term has overtaken us.

And how could Boris have bought 100 million doses on day 1 of the pandemic when it wasn’t found for nearly 9 months?
Petrol queues. on 14:14 - Sep 29 with 2068 viewsR_from_afar

Petrol queues. on 16:07 - Sep 28 by DWQPR

I once had a client called Clive Oliver Jones which on his bank card read C O Jones, which putting the letters together, cojones, translates as bôllocks in Spanish. Strangely enough his largely balding head with a bit of whispy hair did resemble an almighty gonad.

Haha nice one. Many years ago, the girl's magazine My Guy got into trouble with the edition in which they gave away a free pen.

On the cover, it sad: "My Guy's pen is fantastic" but the third and fourth words were closer together than they really should have been

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Petrol queues. on 14:25 - Sep 29 with 2029 viewsR_from_afar

Petrol queues. on 17:06 - Sep 28 by BerkoRanger

It is amazing how many people are forgetting that if Labour had won the last election, they said they would have cancelled Brexit immediately. Meaning that we would be standing in the queue outside Brussels saying "Please Sir, can we have some vaccines." Meaning, far, far less of the current UK population would have been jabbed with, potentially, many more deaths. Instead, Boris was able to buy 100 million vaccine doses on day 1 of the pandemic. FACT. And while we are on the subject of EU workers, if we give EU visas to 5k drivers and 5k poultry workers, (Labour say we should bring over thousands more), where are they all going to live. Most council leaders will tell you there is a shortage of affordable homes.
Still, let's give the Labour conference maximum publicity ! And how many small businesses will cope with a £15 minimum wage. Shall I go on?

Thank goodness there is a game tonight to follow. C'mon U RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRs.

"It is amazing how many people are forgetting that if Labour had won the last election, they said they would have cancelled Brexit immediately. Meaning that we would be standing in the queue outside Brussels saying "Please Sir, can we have some vaccines."

Sorry but that simply isn't true. EU law allows countries to make their own arrangements for buying vaccines. There's even a quote from the German Health Minister saying that his country could have gone it alone but they chose to act as part of the EU group.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Petrol queues. on 16:34 - Sep 29 with 1895 viewsQPR_John

Petrol queues. on 12:27 - Sep 29 by stowmarketrange

If most of Europe are short of truck drivers too,why would anyone come here for only 3 months?

I agree but I was was referring to the point about pay and conditions
Petrol queues. on 16:37 - Sep 29 with 1885 viewsQPR_John

Petrol queues. on 14:25 - Sep 29 by R_from_afar

"It is amazing how many people are forgetting that if Labour had won the last election, they said they would have cancelled Brexit immediately. Meaning that we would be standing in the queue outside Brussels saying "Please Sir, can we have some vaccines."

Sorry but that simply isn't true. EU law allows countries to make their own arrangements for buying vaccines. There's even a quote from the German Health Minister saying that his country could have gone it alone but they chose to act as part of the EU group.

“ There's even a quote from the German Health Minister saying that his country could have gone it alone but they chose to act as part of the EU group.”

Do you think we would have gone alone. If we did how many would scream we were not good Europeans.
Petrol queues. on 16:59 - Sep 29 with 1840 viewsNorthernr

We are not having a multi-page Brexit thread.

Big wave to all those posters we only ever see for sht like this.
Petrol queues. on 17:00 - Sep 29 with 1837 viewsstowmarketrange

Petrol queues. on 16:34 - Sep 29 by QPR_John

I agree but I was was referring to the point about pay and conditions

Sorry but I was just giving reasons why foreign drivers won’t bother coming here for only 3 months.
Petrol queues. on 21:27 - Sep 30 with 1580 viewsGroveR

Petrol queues. on 11:11 - Sep 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

Same round here. Main roads are blocked by traffic queues. Can’t use a lot of side roads because of LTN’s. Doesn’t really bother me on my bike but I feel for people who need to drive. Probably effects my business though, it has been a bit quiet this week.

LTNs can fùck right off as well.
Petrol queues. on 22:57 - Sep 30 with 1443 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Petrol queues. on 21:27 - Sep 30 by GroveR

LTNs can fùck right off as well.

To be fair I've found out since posting this that most of the LTNs near me are going. So fück right off indeed. Apparently it has been found that they cause increased congestion on nearby roads. Well I never!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024