Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parish Notice Board 21:54 - Feb 14 with 18352 viewsNorthernr

If any of you dare come on here and tell me that wasn’t that bad, that could have gone either way, there are positives to take, it might have been different if we’d scored the penalty… or any variation of the above… the message board will be closed and it will not be reopened.
Parish Notice Board on 07:16 - Feb 15 with 2330 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

West London Sport gave our players 5s, 6s and even a 7! For THAT performance. I genuinely think people watch different games to me. No one deserved above about a 4 for that shower.
Sunderland were in 1st gear all game and should have walked in plenty more. Soaked up "pressure" and scored with pure ease. I left at 2-0 and in nearly 20 years of having a season ticket that's the earliest I've left. Stayed for all of Newcastle 6-0.
Tried to give support but the players don't respond, wasting my time with attending these games. HUGE credit to anyone going to Boro, the club don't deserve you.
Fortunately can't go to the Blackburn game so obviously that will be the one we win (only one for the rest of the season).
This club are REALLY testing my patience.
Parish Notice Board on 07:29 - Feb 15 with 2274 viewsdistortR

Parish Notice Board on 23:44 - Feb 14 by nix

Totally agree with all of this.

I would have been utterly embarrassed to have produced a performance with so little pride and endeavour from so many of our players. Even Seny, SENY, didn't really look up for it today.

But Dozzell and Iroegbunan wafting about in midfield as if they were being forced to play for the school third team when really they'd rather be round their mates' playing COD. Fellas you're being paid for this shit. Very well paid too. You only have to stay awake for 90 minutes. That's 90 minutes to concentrate on the game, move towards the ball when the other team are in possession, mark the opposition, make yourself available for a pass when we've got the ball and move it forward when you have possession. That's all we ask. But no, you just seem to be fine to amble around, let the ball trickle towards you rather than make it your own, hence being regularly dispossessed, pass the ball backwards rather than make a quick pass forward, don't mark players in our box. Just woeful really.

Laird wasn't interested. Several times he could have taken on their defence around the outside but couldn't be bothered so just checked back and passed inside to someone near him.

Much less criticism for Field, Chair, Dunne and Kakay, and Paal for the most part, who kept plugging away.

I don't know how we're going to turn this round because it seems much worse than a blip. It's more like they've collectively downed tools.

The confidence seems to have now left Seny, and I reckon that takes some doing.
If you don't feel confident, and things aren't going your way, then you have effort. The players you mention as being ok, chair, field, dunne etc, will give you that.
Some of the others? Nah.
There's a point where you've had enough.
Mine was second half, before the penalty, they were attacking, and the ball got cleared to Tim, mid-way in our half, with space in front of him. And instead of driving forward and taking on players, which he can do for sure, he ambled about a bit before passing back to Dickie (Bang out of form but trying), who booted it straight out of touch.
It was a disgraceful bit of non-football by Tim, who I actually thought looked ok in the first half.
Parish Notice Board on 07:47 - Feb 15 with 2196 viewsHunterhoop

Parish Notice Board on 07:29 - Feb 15 by distortR

The confidence seems to have now left Seny, and I reckon that takes some doing.
If you don't feel confident, and things aren't going your way, then you have effort. The players you mention as being ok, chair, field, dunne etc, will give you that.
Some of the others? Nah.
There's a point where you've had enough.
Mine was second half, before the penalty, they were attacking, and the ball got cleared to Tim, mid-way in our half, with space in front of him. And instead of driving forward and taking on players, which he can do for sure, he ambled about a bit before passing back to Dickie (Bang out of form but trying), who booted it straight out of touch.
It was a disgraceful bit of non-football by Tim, who I actually thought looked ok in the first half.

Yes, I recall that. Wholly indicative of his entire approach at the minute; zero intent. In the first half Iroegbunam consistently failed to track runners or track back at anything above a light jog. The one exception was after he’d given it away in our half, when he did run back, got his body in front of their man ball at his feet 10 yards out from the byline, but rather than deal with it, he went down under limited pressure, ref waved play on meaning he’d lost it again but this time in a more dangerous position.

The bloke is coasting. There is obviously talent in there. But his work rate and attitude stink. You can’t allow that to go unpunished. Needs dropping.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 8:00]
Parish Notice Board on 07:55 - Feb 15 with 2143 viewsRangers67

Agree 100 % An absolutely shocking performance but sadly only too familiar to us stalwarts. You know things are bad when on your way to your seat you amble up the stairs to your seat like a condemned man on his way to the gallows. Rather than trying to get up them as quickly as possible to enjoy the pre game atmosphere. I have to commend the fans last night trying to get behind the team even in those circumstances . But what response do they get.Illy , and a couple of others trying desperately but getting nowhere because the other half of the team can,t be arsed or are sitting it out with” injuries” I have seen no improvement since NC took charge, ominous signs
Parish Notice Board on 07:57 - Feb 15 with 2130 viewsDixie_CT

Parish Notice Board on 07:47 - Feb 15 by Hunterhoop

Yes, I recall that. Wholly indicative of his entire approach at the minute; zero intent. In the first half Iroegbunam consistently failed to track runners or track back at anything above a light jog. The one exception was after he’d given it away in our half, when he did run back, got his body in front of their man ball at his feet 10 yards out from the byline, but rather than deal with it, he went down under limited pressure, ref waved play on meaning he’d lost it again but this time in a more dangerous position.

The bloke is coasting. There is obviously talent in there. But his work rate and attitude stink. You can’t allow that to go unpunished. Needs dropping.

I mentioned his body language when subbed and the reply was ‘it's just his casual demeanour’ which I didn't agree with.

He looks like he is disinterested, sulking, not mentally here, and not bothered. It isn't a good look and I think you'll see a difference when he leaves us.

Get him out of the team and plonk his ass on that bench. Play Field and Johansen (until he breaks) in Centre mid with Dozzell, the lesser-spotted Amos and Dixon-Bonner as a backup.
Parish Notice Board on 08:00 - Feb 15 with 2102 viewsdistortR

Parish Notice Board on 07:47 - Feb 15 by Hunterhoop

As for Critchley, I don't think he has a chance.
I remember Alan Mullery, who I thoroughly disliked, claiming that, basically, nobody would be accepted after Venables. I get the feeling, for some of these shitehouse players, Beale is held in the same esteem.
To be a Chair, Dunne, Field etc, while some around you are not putting the effort in, must be very difficult.
I reckon they should tool up and run the cvnts out.
Parish Notice Board on 08:03 - Feb 15 with 2071 viewsstevec

Every time I back arrow from any thread on here I’m getting a big picture of Nathan Jones.

Can you get your tech team on it please Clive.
Parish Notice Board on 08:11 - Feb 15 with 2011 viewsBushRanger82

Parish Notice Board on 23:08 - Feb 14 by connell10

Probably shrugged there shoulders normal cause of action with our fans.

It was. And I hold up my hands up as being one who did just simply shrug their shoulders, guilty as charged.
But with this current board at Loftus Rd, it's only single quest for success, the unacceptable low standards that must ultimately follow sooner or later, I can only see a sticking plaster being put over this gaping wound for a short time, then Bingo, the malaise and the rot sets in once again.

I've seen fans calling for Critchley to be sacked, and Gareth Ainsworth to be brought in.
Personally, I love Gareth Ainsworth, one of my all time favourite characters and players down the years, and I would be loath to dump this current load of shit we have for a squad, at his door.

The answer to this never-ending cycle we're in, is change of a sort, but starting right at the top, working our way down.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 8:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Parish Notice Board on 08:11 - Feb 15 with 2010 viewsDixie_CT

Parish Notice Board on 08:00 - Feb 15 by distortR

As for Critchley, I don't think he has a chance.
I remember Alan Mullery, who I thoroughly disliked, claiming that, basically, nobody would be accepted after Venables. I get the feeling, for some of these shitehouse players, Beale is held in the same esteem.
To be a Chair, Dunne, Field etc, while some around you are not putting the effort in, must be very difficult.
I reckon they should tool up and run the cvnts out.

Great point.

We’ve signed ten players this season, both permanent and on loan, and Paal is the only success. A 10% success rate!

Letting Barbet and Oudabjao leave looks a bit foolish but I guess they, like Eustace, are Warburton’s men and for whatever reason, someone took the decision they didn't fit.

Who is to blame? Well, no one as both Belk and Ferdinand has said, it's a joint decision on recruitment, no one person takes responsibility and has the final say. I think I've spotted the problem here. These con men are hiding in plain sight. It stinks, it really does.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 8:14]
Parish Notice Board on 08:12 - Feb 15 with 2003 viewsbosh67

The most telling lime in Critchley’s post match interview…

How are the players reacting to you in training?
… You’d have to ask them.

Spoke volumes to me unless I am reading his answer wrong?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Parish Notice Board on 08:16 - Feb 15 with 1959 viewsQPR_Jim

Parish Notice Board on 07:57 - Feb 15 by Dixie_CT

I mentioned his body language when subbed and the reply was ‘it's just his casual demeanour’ which I didn't agree with.

He looks like he is disinterested, sulking, not mentally here, and not bothered. It isn't a good look and I think you'll see a difference when he leaves us.

Get him out of the team and plonk his ass on that bench. Play Field and Johansen (until he breaks) in Centre mid with Dozzell, the lesser-spotted Amos and Dixon-Bonner as a backup.

Even Pedder or someone like that, just anyone remotely excited to play for QPR would be preferable.
Parish Notice Board on 08:19 - Feb 15 with 1926 viewsNorthantsHoop

Parish Notice Board on 08:03 - Feb 15 by stevec

Every time I back arrow from any thread on here I’m getting a big picture of Nathan Jones.

Can you get your tech team on it please Clive.

Got to be honest and know it is not going to be popular but Nathan Jones is probably what we need, rip it all apart and start again. He did wonders at Luton galvanised the club from the lower divisions. Critchley has no interest as far as I can see in QPR and that lack of interest goes right through the team, the body language on the pitch is so defeatist.
Parish Notice Board on 08:20 - Feb 15 with 1913 viewsBushRanger82

There was one positive, I have to admit.

So many people upped and went after the 3rd goal went in, it took me no time at all to leave my seat and exit the stand at the final whistle.
Parish Notice Board on 08:34 - Feb 15 with 1841 viewsHeadington

Sadly Critchley has never had a clear idea of how he wants to set up and so we've had different formations and changing personnel with most matches. Very unconvincing and doesn't send positive message to team. The one he hasn't tried is to go three at back. Dickie and Dunne both too slow and not working as a partnership. Mowbray said in his post-match interview that they saw that as a weakness but our manager can't see it. True that JCS and Balogun are injured but give Gubbins a go or try Kakay as 3rd centre back. Or something.
Parish Notice Board on 08:38 - Feb 15 with 1805 viewsTheChef

Parish Notice Board on 23:49 - Feb 14 by essextaxiboy

No one around me thought he would score the penalty ..not one

That was the saddest thing - everyone around me was convinced he wasn't going to score.

There was some effort here and there (well done boys) but for the last twenty minutes of the first half we thought we'd done enough and didn't really bother and they scored, and inevitably after the missed pen most of them gave up.

This is partly down to Critchley but mostly down to the players (who I understand were top of the table in October). So sack Critchley if you want but who is going to get a tune out of this lot at the moment? This is all our chickens come home to roost and a culmination of an awful twelve months other than the Beale honeymoon period (and he has plenty to answer for).

There aren't many options left other than bomb out most of the loanee players other than Martin and maybe Lowe, give some of the youth a chance (can they really do any worse?) or try playing three at the back to make us a bit more solid.

Bottom line is I'd rather have a QPR XI comprised of contracted players who theoretically are actually invested in the club and might give a shit.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Parish Notice Board on 08:44 - Feb 15 with 1733 viewsslmrstid

The morning after the night before...

I'm still annoyed.

This is quite frankly as bad as anything QPR related has been for quite some time now and I'm really not sure its not going to get a lot worse yet.

Bin on fire, heading rapidly downhill, as Clive would say...
Parish Notice Board on 08:45 - Feb 15 with 1721 viewsdm97

I miss the emperor penguin waddling us to an odd victory now and then, bleak nostalgia that
Parish Notice Board on 08:48 - Feb 15 with 1685 viewsWokingR

Parish Notice Board on 08:20 - Feb 15 by BushRanger82

There was one positive, I have to admit.

So many people upped and went after the 3rd goal went in, it took me no time at all to leave my seat and exit the stand at the final whistle.

Surprised there was anyone left to get in your way, let alone boo the players off the pitch. We walked out after the 2nd goal and the numbers outside weren't far off what you'd expect at the final whistle.
Parish Notice Board on 09:39 - Feb 15 with 1524 viewscalHoop

So many things to be concerned about in terms of the critchley set up

- every player back for a corner or free kick, even when we’re behind
- our central midfielder allowed to drop in behind our centre halves to ‘spray passes’ around, so we can’t play into midfield
- our full backs so fkn deep that we have no width to get out either. Oppo midfield can just push up
- chair on all set pieces. Can’t beat a first man, ever.
- the lack of fire in the team at the start of either half. It’s about tactics, but it’s about motivation too.

Don’t get me started on the inability of our full backs to whip a ball in first time either.

I always want to give a manager a chance but can’t remember a more dismal set up, these are not a bad group of players, can’t help but think they’re not having him either.
Parish Notice Board on 09:40 - Feb 15 with 1522 viewsterryb

Parish Notice Board on 23:03 - Feb 14 by Damo1962

What was the reaction of supporters at the ground Chris?

There were less than a thousand Rangers supporters still there, so leaving early was the reaction.

Those of us who stayed were too embarrased by the "performance" to do anything but walk out immediately.
Parish Notice Board on 09:50 - Feb 15 with 1480 viewsSonofpugwash

From being top in October to this....like an unstoppable neutrino passing through a light year of lead,never known it quite as bad as this in 60 years.
No amount of managers will be able to turn round this apology of a football club.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Parish Notice Board on 10:08 - Feb 15 with 1399 viewsDamo1962

Parish Notice Board on 07:57 - Feb 15 by Dixie_CT

I sussed this Iro guy out early on. Hopefully that is his last game disgracing our shirt.
Parish Notice Board on 10:17 - Feb 15 with 1345 viewsSonofpugwash

Do Nike (or similar) manufacture a designer towel we can throw in?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Parish Notice Board on 10:17 - Feb 15 with 1347 viewsjoe90

The writing has been on the wall for sometime. The club has been very clear about the issues.

This squad is limited, it was inevitable that we'd fall off at some point in the season. Even if we do survive this season, we still need a rebuild.

There's no point having a go at the players, we have to look to the future and what can be done to stop the club free falling into oblivion.
Parish Notice Board on 10:23 - Feb 15 with 1252 viewsjackgbrown

Maybe we would have got something from the game if we score that penalty, but we only had one in the first place because their player inexplicably decided to punch it. When you've won 1 in 17 and somehow gone from 1st to 17th within four months, 'fine margins' has nothing to do with it. I would have accepted that when Sheffield United got a 96th minute equaliser in a genuinely good game of football six weeks ago, but spare me with all that bollocks now.

I have never seen a team give the ball away so many times in the middle of the park in my life, whether it was Dozzell or Tim pissing around with it or one of the defenders lazily rolling it to no one. Dieng's distribution just as bad.

Chair's end product has fallen off a cliff, but as said elsewhere on here, he's the only one at the moment not hiding miles away from the ball. Compare that to Sunderland's young team last night, who all wanted it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024