Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parish Notice Board 21:54 - Feb 14 with 18349 viewsNorthernr

If any of you dare come on here and tell me that wasn’t that bad, that could have gone either way, there are positives to take, it might have been different if we’d scored the penalty… or any variation of the above… the message board will be closed and it will not be reopened.
Parish Notice Board on 23:20 - Feb 14 with 2607 viewsPaddyhoops

Couldn’t agree more . Just when you think we can’t get any worse… we do with f**king bells on.
Even Seny is handing them goals now.
I hear all the bullshit about fine margins . We could have have been back in the game if Illy had scored the penalty. The fact is he didn’t . Not good enough.
Tim looked like he really couldn’t care less.
Laird doesn’t fancy another shellacking on Saturday so calls it in at half time. Don’t get me stared on Dozell . Was he playing for us tonight? or creating chances for Sunderland. I’d love to know.!!
Don’t think Critchley can turn this around now. It’s beyond him .we’re not getting beaten anymore, we’re getting hammered at home on a regular basis.
Next please.
Parish Notice Board on 23:21 - Feb 14 with 2603 viewsconnell10

Parish Notice Board on 23:14 - Feb 14 by stainrods_elbow

A bit harsh on both, I think, and SInton's played the game at the top level. Had Chair's pen gone in, it MIGHT have been different - but we'll never know.

Sinton pulled up Nick at halftime by saying we had 30 minutes of good possession football but their keeper didn't have a shot to save . I think Nick was the one giving us force praise not Andy.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Parish Notice Board on 23:26 - Feb 14 with 2550 viewsPunteR

Parish Notice Board on 22:55 - Feb 14 by traininvain

No coincidence that Chair looks a much better player with an in form Willock or Eze alongside him.

He plays park football. Head down , drawing in players to play tight one twos in and around the area but its always too congested. He takes too many touches. Like you say with Willock and Eze it ain't a problem. Dozzel and Field though?
He works his socks off but drops his head way too soon. I think he's the biggest culprit of not having the right , proffesional mentality at this level.
He seems quite immature as a player.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Parish Notice Board on 23:28 - Feb 14 with 2513 viewsmarkrtid

Just got back.
I can only put it down to it being a bad day at the the office. For a while there, it was either them or them. We are so unlucky at the moment, Even St Valentine don't want to know.
Taking the positives out of another home loss isn't madness. It could have been 0-5. So still some little pride there.
I left my dad's ashes in the Lower Loft toilets should anyone find it/them. Please pass them onto over the garden Les.
Parish Notice Board on 23:31 - Feb 14 with 2481 viewsconnell10

Parish Notice Board on 23:28 - Feb 14 by markrtid

Just got back.
I can only put it down to it being a bad day at the the office. For a while there, it was either them or them. We are so unlucky at the moment, Even St Valentine don't want to know.
Taking the positives out of another home loss isn't madness. It could have been 0-5. So still some little pride there.
I left my dad's ashes in the Lower Loft toilets should anyone find it/them. Please pass them onto over the garden Les.

????

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Parish Notice Board on 23:32 - Feb 14 with 2477 viewsMonkey_Roots

I honestly don’t know where to go from here.

This is the team that will decide our season, and they have a major f*cking problem. I don’t think NC is going to lift them- if he goes, the next guy coming in better be Harry Potter’esque, with a magic wand to heal the injured, raise the confidence and get this team scoring goals.

Clearing out the DOF and his army won’t give us an immediate solution either, although it needs to happen. Now.

The pressure is now so great that the loanees, the ageing desperation signing, and our young, hungry striker will buckle and break - I fear for him most of all, because he really is the one shining light for our future, and we’re going to ruin him.
Parish Notice Board on 23:34 - Feb 14 with 2450 viewsted_hendrix

Parish Notice Board on 23:14 - Feb 14 by stainrods_elbow

A bit harsh on both, I think, and SInton's played the game at the top level. Had Chair's pen gone in, it MIGHT have been different - but we'll never know.

**Had Chair's pen gone in, it MIGHT have been different - but we'll never know.**

We'd have lost 3-1.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Parish Notice Board on 23:38 - Feb 14 with 2396 viewsloftboy

Can’t believe I’m going to Rotherham. Must want my head looking at , cheers kids.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Parish Notice Board on 23:42 - Feb 14 with 2338 viewsdaveB

every game has moments that can switch it either way. Seen so many games where we played crap but nicked a goal and perception is different. First goal did that today but our reaction to it was woeful

We started well had chances didn't take them then we go behind. We had the penalty that obviously changes the game as our heads went but you can't play like we did for the rest of the game and expect to win or draw football matches

Even if Chairs penalty goes in I think we'd have ended up losing, we were so clueless going forward and so easy to score against yet again
Parish Notice Board on 23:44 - Feb 14 with 2319 viewsnix

Parish Notice Board on 22:17 - Feb 14 by Hunterhoop

The players’ work ethic and professionalism (Field and Kakay apart today) was a disgrace today.

The first goal came from Chair and Ireogbunam allowing two Sunderland players to play a 1-2 around them without moving and racing through on goal. Both just stood still and tracked no one.

Ireogbunam all game was an utter disgrace off the ball.

Laird was appalling in work ethic too. The difference Kakay made was stunning. Kakay.

Dickie is shambles of a centre half at the minute. Backed off towards his six yard box when the ball was there to be won.

Dozzell either gave it away with dreadful passes or went backwards. No incision.

Martin immobile and poor touch.

Lowe half hearted. Their second begins with him not even competing for a 50/50 just inside their half.

Johansen is just so so slow now.

For all Chair’s bustle when pressing, and nice touches, he’s not tracking runners now, is making poor decisions and balled out Kakay for not passing to him (instead crossed and blocked for a throw) when Kakay was working his boll*cks off and Chair was playing badly. Nice maturity from a senior player there. Blame someone else.

Dunne actually showed intent, but limited on the ball, which we know.

Paal spent the last 10 trying to get two bookings. As did Dozzell. Don’t fancy Middlesbrough, chaps.

Field was good. Did his job. Surrounded by a complete lack of professionalism and personal pride.

This is more than a confidence issue. It’s a ‘stop being soft, lazy pr*cks as soon as something bad happens’ issue.

Totally agree with all of this.

I would have been utterly embarrassed to have produced a performance with so little pride and endeavour from so many of our players. Even Seny, SENY, didn't really look up for it today.

But Dozzell and Iroegbunan wafting about in midfield as if they were being forced to play for the school third team when really they'd rather be round their mates' playing COD. Fellas you're being paid for this shit. Very well paid too. You only have to stay awake for 90 minutes. That's 90 minutes to concentrate on the game, move towards the ball when the other team are in possession, mark the opposition, make yourself available for a pass when we've got the ball and move it forward when you have possession. That's all we ask. But no, you just seem to be fine to amble around, let the ball trickle towards you rather than make it your own, hence being regularly dispossessed, pass the ball backwards rather than make a quick pass forward, don't mark players in our box. Just woeful really.

Laird wasn't interested. Several times he could have taken on their defence around the outside but couldn't be bothered so just checked back and passed inside to someone near him.

Much less criticism for Field, Chair, Dunne and Kakay, and Paal for the most part, who kept plugging away.

I don't know how we're going to turn this round because it seems much worse than a blip. It's more like they've collectively downed tools.
Parish Notice Board on 23:45 - Feb 14 with 2316 viewsAndybrat

Parish Notice Board on 23:38 - Feb 14 by loftboy

Can’t believe I’m going to Rotherham. Must want my head looking at , cheers kids.

Poor poor poor. I’m a really sensible guy and have been backing NC. Tonight Mowbray was in control, bringing subs on, just wondering why we had a bench? JoJo coming on was just to keep us happy or he would have been on earlier. Too many absentees on and off the field. Feels like freefall
Parish Notice Board on 23:49 - Feb 14 with 2265 viewsessextaxiboy

Parish Notice Board on 23:26 - Feb 14 by PunteR

He plays park football. Head down , drawing in players to play tight one twos in and around the area but its always too congested. He takes too many touches. Like you say with Willock and Eze it ain't a problem. Dozzel and Field though?
He works his socks off but drops his head way too soon. I think he's the biggest culprit of not having the right , proffesional mentality at this level.
He seems quite immature as a player.

No one around me thought he would score the penalty ..not one
Parish Notice Board on 23:51 - Feb 14 with 2239 viewsdachiltern

Clive, the game could have gone either way but then the referee blew his whistle. Fook we were clueless, can't pass a ball, can't tackle, give possession up far too easily, managers tactics were?
All in all another great night to be at my beloved club.
Parish Notice Board on 23:53 - Feb 14 with 2229 viewsmart_Goblin

Parish Notice Board on 22:17 - Feb 14 by Hunterhoop

The players’ work ethic and professionalism (Field and Kakay apart today) was a disgrace today.

The first goal came from Chair and Ireogbunam allowing two Sunderland players to play a 1-2 around them without moving and racing through on goal. Both just stood still and tracked no one.

Ireogbunam all game was an utter disgrace off the ball.

Laird was appalling in work ethic too. The difference Kakay made was stunning. Kakay.

Dickie is shambles of a centre half at the minute. Backed off towards his six yard box when the ball was there to be won.

Dozzell either gave it away with dreadful passes or went backwards. No incision.

Martin immobile and poor touch.

Lowe half hearted. Their second begins with him not even competing for a 50/50 just inside their half.

Johansen is just so so slow now.

For all Chair’s bustle when pressing, and nice touches, he’s not tracking runners now, is making poor decisions and balled out Kakay for not passing to him (instead crossed and blocked for a throw) when Kakay was working his boll*cks off and Chair was playing badly. Nice maturity from a senior player there. Blame someone else.

Dunne actually showed intent, but limited on the ball, which we know.

Paal spent the last 10 trying to get two bookings. As did Dozzell. Don’t fancy Middlesbrough, chaps.

Field was good. Did his job. Surrounded by a complete lack of professionalism and personal pride.

This is more than a confidence issue. It’s a ‘stop being soft, lazy pr*cks as soon as something bad happens’ issue.

Can’t argue with much of this at all.
What the hell has happened to Rob Dickie???

But it’s ok because this lot will all be on Instagram in the morning again posting about how this is just ‘Gods way’ etc etc.

Maybe forget God and think about saving this club from complete disaster ?
Parish Notice Board on 23:57 - Feb 14 with 2177 viewsKerryE

Another just back....my view

That result was never in doubt. Sunderland sussed us out, took it steady, then gradually pulled away. This is what always happens in elite sport. Fine margins yes, but as every minute passes the better teams pulls away.

Our players almost to a man ball watched all night. If a team gives 100% effort and running this can mask a lot, might even earn a point against the odds.
Our effort and tracking was appalling and sub professional.

Tactically, well not sure what as a team we had in mind.

I thought our support was excellent by and large.

I don't know where we go from here.
Parish Notice Board on 00:21 - Feb 15 with 2071 viewsjtuck

Parish Notice Board on 22:30 - Feb 14 by Antti_Heinola

You’ll get no argument here.

Terrible and we will go down under this manager.

I’m never one to pull the trigger, especially not this early, and fully accept the players were poor. But the (immediate) buck stops with NC. He cannot lift a team to save his life. I had no confidence he’d be able to inspire anything at half time and he didn’t.

An even worse shellacking is coming on Saturday and, regardless of cost, they need to act very quickly and identify someone with the charisma and balls to lead this team out of this pit.

Someone posted that Rangers can't afford to sack Critchley. Actually, can't afford not to. Make it quick. Do it now.

Looked to me like Laird was subbed for not trying. Also thought Sunderland were far too passive for much of the game and should have been punished with penalty
conversion. But, as others have said, they could well have gone on to win anyway.

Last two games, Critchley has got selection wrong. Picking Armstrong to start on Saturday over new boy Martin was wrong. Then tonight leaving out Johansen while picking Dozzell very weird.

Critchley just seems tone deaf on his team and has the reverse of the Midas Touch.

LAranger

Parish Notice Board on 00:36 - Feb 15 with 2014 viewsRed_Ranger

Parish Notice Board on 00:21 - Feb 15 by jtuck

Someone posted that Rangers can't afford to sack Critchley. Actually, can't afford not to. Make it quick. Do it now.

Looked to me like Laird was subbed for not trying. Also thought Sunderland were far too passive for much of the game and should have been punished with penalty
conversion. But, as others have said, they could well have gone on to win anyway.

Last two games, Critchley has got selection wrong. Picking Armstrong to start on Saturday over new boy Martin was wrong. Then tonight leaving out Johansen while picking Dozzell very weird.

Critchley just seems tone deaf on his team and has the reverse of the Midas Touch.

Reverse Midas touch!!! Yes, this!! Don’t know whether to laugh or cry.
Parish Notice Board on 01:23 - Feb 15 with 1931 viewsMatch82

We talk a lot about the 2-2 at Derby in the promotion season, where it just felt a moment. It felt like we were going to have the drive to pull things through when it went against us, the rub of the green when it mattered.

The longer time goes, the more it feels like that Sheff Utd equalizer is the exact opposite of that Derby moment. For the first time in forever I just can't see where the next win is coming from and there's nothing to grab onto from the performances. I just hope we have enough points in the bag already that it doesn't matter.
Parish Notice Board on 05:30 - Feb 15 with 1806 viewsbongo_king

RE Chair, I agree he has ball hogging tendencies. But he is THE ONLY player who is consistently looking for ways to get the ball up the pitch at the moment. Whether by coming deep, offering an option between the lines or running with the ball. Simply, with almost no support he is trying too hard and like everything else with QPR at the mo, its not working.

Him and Field are trying to do the jobs of about 4 players between them, as e.g. Tim and Dozzell amble around in bad positions and watch, pretty much regardless of whether we're in or out of possession. God forbid we go down I suspect there will be a long list of Champ clubs coming in for Chair, trying to get a cut price bargain...

Critchley... hope to be proven wrong but not the right guy, feels like I've seen this film before with Paul Hart in the leading role. I see our board making simple errors to try and rectify the error they've just made. "Oops, we lost BOS and Manning. Tie everyone down to 4 year contracts, regardless of whether they might be any good or not... starting with Niko."... "Oops, we lost PBBC, but we're good at this manager choosing thing after all the practice we've had so to avoid it happening again, tie the next guy down to a 3+ year contract so we can get better compensation next time".
Parish Notice Board on 05:49 - Feb 15 with 1785 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I let my nephew take my season ticket and go with my son . Poor boy. I cant comment on the game, but based on the shite I had to sit through on Saturday I am not surprised by the score.
I've always been a glass half full type, but this team is getting relegated. I dont think changing the manager is going to help either as it is clear the players have no fight. The loans should have all gone back and kids given a chance, at least they would gain experience, and run around.
Parish Notice Board on 06:13 - Feb 15 with 1736 viewsDixie_CT

We are in a desperate situation.

If Laird wasn't injured, his performance was nothing short of disgraceful. He was unwilling/incapable of taking his man on. Despite his lack of quality, Kakay was a massive improvement based on intent alone.

Tim Irobugnam was shocking. He took positions that allowed him to hide, and when the ball went near him, he showed zero desire to win it.

Dieng had a nightmare for goals one and two, plus any meaningful distribution was of low quality. He lobbed a hospital ball out to Laird first half and then topped one straight down the middle in the second half towards Chair and the waiting giant centre-back. FFS, Seny, not you as well!!

Dozzell had a couple of nice passes in the game but must have made at least three unforced errors second half. He should have been subbed, but it feels like Gubbins and Dixon-Bonner are fillers and aren’t there to be used. A damming inditement of our squad depth highlights the lack of players coming through the system (System? What system?!?!)

Our team shape was all over the place. Which formation was it; 4-2-2-2, 4-1-2-2-1, or 4-3-3? The positions that Field, Dozzell, and Tim took made it difficult to tell. They are very much strangers, not Rangers.

As for Critchley, I do feel for him as the players are letting him down, but he has to be working on some basics with this team and getting a response from them concerning their effort and willpower. A 3.5-year deal looks bonkers, and if we have boxed ourselves into a corner with him due to finances, that needs to be looked at. The other issue is that we have no one in the club who could step in and take the reins. Ramsey has been mentioned, but he is unlikely to put himself in the spotlight and risk losing his cushy and well-paid job.

Seven first-team players were unavailable, Laird lasting 45 minutes, and Stef only available for 10 minutes. All points to a workplace where it’s a little bit tough right now, so easier to remove yourself from the situation rather than roll your sleeves up and get on with it.

The Blackburn, Rotherham, and Blackpool games are now huge matches, and I’m not sure this group of players have the mentality to cope with the pressure.

One positive, I spotted Leon Balogun and his wife sitting a few rows in front of me in A Block. Happy Valentine’s luv, I’m sure your husband can’t wait to get back to work!!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 6:55]
Parish Notice Board on 06:28 - Feb 15 with 1699 viewspaulparker

Parish Notice Board on 22:34 - Feb 14 by sevenhoop

Sounds like Ainsworth

No the football experts on here say his football is rubbish and it’s to long ball

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Parish Notice Board on 06:45 - Feb 15 with 1661 viewsPhildo

Laird boiled my pis I never want to see him again

Sorry I I was an owner then I would be removing the whole coaching staff now from dof down to manager and praying for a miracle of staying up somehow

If someone comes in a switch to aback three pretty sharpish also essential
Parish Notice Board on 06:52 - Feb 15 with 1646 viewskropotkin41

A few have written on here that relegation is unthinkable. It's time to start thinking about it because I strongly suspect it's going to happen. We don't have enough points. Even Cardiff won away last night. I don't think there's a team in any league we'd beat at the moment. Relegation. Catastrophe. And the question of what then.

Really any of you see us getting a win, or even a point in the next 14 games is it? We'll finish bottom.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Parish Notice Board on 07:05 - Feb 15 with 1591 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I gave it to 2 then went and read "Blood Red Snow -Memoirs of a soldier on the Eastern front" by Günter Koschorrek. (great book taken from his war notes he scribbled down).

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024