Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty 17:21 - Jun 11 with 61972 viewsFDC

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:04 - Jun 13 with 2810 viewsMatch82

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:49 - Jun 13 by Juzzie

I haven't read through all 7 pages but my tuppeny worth is this;

England had a reputation some 30-40 years ago. That's long gone. The vast majority of people who go to these tournaments are there for the football, a few beers, the experience etc. Usually just with friends or families.

For anyone (be it Russian's, French, police etc) to deliberately attack English fans is nothing short of cowardice. What are they trying to achieve? To be back at home with their mates drinking vodka or Pernod bragging "yeah, we're the fking the dogs, we've done the English"?

Well done, very brave...

"England had a reputation some 30-40 years ago. That's long gone. "

See, I think this is the problem. We had a deserved reputation 30 years ago for good reason. I think we still have that reputation, but it's no longer deserved. We have cleaned up our act but the news hasn't got through to the moron hooligans abroad
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:06 - Jun 13 with 2796 viewsHonkytonks

No I have welsh family and lost my virginity to a welsh girl so I have a connection there!
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:10 - Jun 13 with 2770 viewsQPRDave

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:06 - Jun 13 by Honkytonks

No I have welsh family and lost my virginity to a welsh girl so I have a connection there!

Them b*ggers will steal anything won't they?!!
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:12 - Jun 13 with 2768 viewsDeepcutHoop

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:04 - Jun 13 by Match82

"England had a reputation some 30-40 years ago. That's long gone. "

See, I think this is the problem. We had a deserved reputation 30 years ago for good reason. I think we still have that reputation, but it's no longer deserved. We have cleaned up our act but the news hasn't got through to the moron hooligans abroad

That's exactly it I think, and the point that's been made in those articles.

There's clearly still an element of boorish drunken behaviour around that's providing the excuse for people to blame the fans, and while it's unpleasant and probably wouldn't earn them any friends, it's the England fans of the past that have made the current fans a target for the dregs of Europe's organised morons, still living in the 70's and 80's.

The old guard that get misty-eyed about FV on 'other QPR boards' always insisted that FV was a self contained activity that never impacted on anyone that didn't want to be involved. It never was the case, and it most definitely continues to have an impact now. And some poor sods in France at the moment are paying the price for that.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:20 - Jun 13 with 2726 viewsHonkytonks

That's actually well written deepcut
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:37 - Jun 13 with 2689 viewsjohncharles

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:06 - Jun 13 by Honkytonks

BAAA A AA

Strong and stable my arse.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:40 - Jun 13 with 2682 viewsHonkytonks

Now that's very stereotypically racist
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 21:27 - Jun 13 with 2595 viewsdistortR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:40 - Jun 13 by Honkytonks

Now that's very stereotypically racist

nah
[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 22:03]
Login to get fewer ads

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 22:12 - Jun 13 with 2525 viewsFDC

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:12 - Jun 13 by DeepcutHoop

That's exactly it I think, and the point that's been made in those articles.

There's clearly still an element of boorish drunken behaviour around that's providing the excuse for people to blame the fans, and while it's unpleasant and probably wouldn't earn them any friends, it's the England fans of the past that have made the current fans a target for the dregs of Europe's organised morons, still living in the 70's and 80's.

The old guard that get misty-eyed about FV on 'other QPR boards' always insisted that FV was a self contained activity that never impacted on anyone that didn't want to be involved. It never was the case, and it most definitely continues to have an impact now. And some poor sods in France at the moment are paying the price for that.

Well said. Although watch out, Brian got slaughtered for saying something similar on page 1...

In other news, some of the stuff coming out about the Russian national setup is unbelievable :

Notorious far-right activist at Euro 2016 with Russian FA delegation

http://gu.com/p/4y2vn?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 05:06 - Jun 14 with 2395 viewsHonkytonks

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 20:10 - Jun 13 by QPRDave

Them b*ggers will steal anything won't they?!!

David ....was it fully in or just sliding between two sweaty thighs as a nervous 15 year old I wasn't sure...but my joker like smile next morning says it might have been!
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 06:10 - Jun 14 with 2378 viewsdistortR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 05:06 - Jun 14 by Honkytonks

David ....was it fully in or just sliding between two sweaty thighs as a nervous 15 year old I wasn't sure...but my joker like smile next morning says it might have been!

too much information, ffs
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:15 - Jun 14 with 2250 viewsrrrspricey

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 22:12 - Jun 13 by FDC

Well said. Although watch out, Brian got slaughtered for saying something similar on page 1...

In other news, some of the stuff coming out about the Russian national setup is unbelievable :

Notorious far-right activist at Euro 2016 with Russian FA delegation

http://gu.com/p/4y2vn?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Unbelievable indeed Mr Fish

I find it increasing gobsmacking that Russia have been allowed to host any major tournament, particularly when I read something like the deputy chairman of Russia’s parliament, Igor Lebedev tweeted on Sunday…

“I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting, quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up! In nine out of 10 cases football fans go to games to fight, and that’s normal. The lads defended the honour of their country and did not let English fans desecrate our motherland."

Unfcukingbelievable that someone like this can hold power in a country that will host the WC
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:20 - Jun 14 with 2241 viewskingsburyR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:15 - Jun 14 by rrrspricey

I find it increasing gobsmacking that Russia have been allowed to host any major tournament, particularly when I read something like the deputy chairman of Russia’s parliament, Igor Lebedev tweeted on Sunday…

“I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting, quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up! In nine out of 10 cases football fans go to games to fight, and that’s normal. The lads defended the honour of their country and did not let English fans desecrate our motherland."

Unfcukingbelievable that someone like this can hold power in a country that will host the WC

Pretty sure FIFA will stick their head in the sand on this occasion.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:31 - Jun 14 with 2218 viewsPinnerPaul

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 19:53 - Jun 13 by DeepcutHoop

What did you read?

Exactly, none of those things Samuel says we shouldn't do L block.

Being patriotic isn't the same as being nationalistic.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:40 - Jun 14 with 2201 viewsTheBlob

Oooooohhhh no Mrs.,can't upset Vladimir just in case he decides to cut off the gas supply.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:49 - Jun 14 with 3588 viewsdaveB

Think that Martin Samuel misses is that the England fans on mass with flags signing and drinking is exactly what Wales and Ireland are doing. Singing having a laugh and banter with the locals, difference is they are not being attacked half way through by the Russians and French. Actually take that back Northern Ireland were attacked on Saturday but no real mention of it
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:36 - Jun 14 with 3518 viewswillis1980

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:49 - Jun 14 by daveB

Think that Martin Samuel misses is that the England fans on mass with flags signing and drinking is exactly what Wales and Ireland are doing. Singing having a laugh and banter with the locals, difference is they are not being attacked half way through by the Russians and French. Actually take that back Northern Ireland were attacked on Saturday but no real mention of it

i mightve misheard this but I dont quite understand why the england fans that were arrested get jail time while the russians are sent home instead.

Samuels also spoke about the french woman that had chucked bottles at england fans as if it was justified because theyd supposedly pinched her flag. from the footage i saw she walked by the england fans trying to goad them more than anything else, i think samuels was commenting on things he hadnt actually seen. if i walked past a pub full of cardiff chelsea or wall i dont think id whip out a rangers flag and wave it in their faces and not expect a bunch of pissed idiots to take it or do worse.

i was watching france24 news this morning as I do most weekdays, their sole focus was on england "fans" they mentioned russian fans once in the whole segment. populist journalism
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:50 - Jun 14 with 3487 viewsCroydonCaptJack

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:15 - Jun 14 by rrrspricey

That is incredible.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:51 - Jun 14 with 3478 viewsTonto

that implies FIFA will do something - they wont even go that far - too busy counting their bribes!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:04 - Jun 14 with 3427 viewskensalriser

Russia has become the playground bully of Europe. It annexed part of a neighbouring country - during which their proxy army shot down a commercial airliner killing all occupants - and nobody could do a thing about it. I wouldn't expect any action to be taken over a bit of football violence.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2016 11:05]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:28 - Jun 14 with 3391 viewsMick_S

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 17:54 - Jun 13 by Konk

I'm not looking at this bloke thinking he looks terrifying, I'm just wondering what's going on with his body hair coverage and what the fu ck's up with his teeth (but I've now sussed that out). Is this Russian mob the worst groomed collection of blokes ever? Sorry to go the full Gok Wan, but this lot need an urgent makeover.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:59 - Jun 14 with 3343 viewsDeano19766

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 09:31 - Jun 14 by PinnerPaul

Exactly, none of those things Samuel says we shouldn't do L block.

Being patriotic isn't the same as being nationalistic.

Patriotism (a form of tribalism) - controlling the masses since the year dot just like religion did/does. You would have thought in this day and age, in the western world at least where we can see most thins around the world for ourselves, blind tribalism would have all but disappeared..........but perhaps the apparent human need to belong to a group and to fight overrides all else. All very nonsensical really.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2016 12:12]
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:04 - Jun 14 with 3323 viewsFDC

BREAKING Suspended Euro 2016 ban for Russia
Football
Russia have been handed a suspended disqualification from Euro 2016 over crowd disturbances at the game against England in Marseille on Saturday, Uefa has announced.

So Russia remain at Euro 2016, but would face being kicked out of there is further violence involving their supporters.

Uefa has also fined Russia 150,000 euros (nearly £120,000).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/36413642?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:19 - Jun 14 with 3265 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:04 - Jun 14 by FDC

Football
Russia have been handed a suspended disqualification from Euro 2016 over crowd disturbances at the game against England in Marseille on Saturday, Uefa has announced.

So Russia remain at Euro 2016, but would face being kicked out of there is further violence involving their supporters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/36413642?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns

How would this work for their remaining fixture if they get slung out? Would the opponents get three points regardless or would everyone's result v them become void?
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:25 - Jun 14 with 3230 viewsYorkRanger

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:04 - Jun 14 by FDC

Football

You'd ben a bit miffed if you were Russia. The fact that crowd segregation and policing was virtually non-existent does beg the question as to how exactly they are supposed to control their fans inside the stadium. Any other team would say exactly the same..

Dont get me wrong I was as shocked as the next man at the violence inside and outside the stadium. Just puzzled why Russia are responsible inside the stadium - surely its down to UEFA...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024