Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty 17:21 - Jun 11 with 61973 viewsFDC

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:23 - Jun 13 with 3673 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 01:23 - Jun 13 by timcocking

We all know England has a reasonable number of short haired right leaning fellas who like a punch up. It's in our blood. I'd say in reality it's a fairly small percentage of the British male population, though, and it's mostly for fun.

With the Russians, as far as I can tell (and I live in the middle of loads of them), it seems to be almost all of the male Russians have a very definite short haired racist homophobic violent look about them. They don't like anybody or anything and seem...a very unpleasant lot.

Putin seems to me a very typical Russian man.

Disappointed to see our boys running away though.

'Disappointed to see our boys running away'

You'd be more disappointed if a family member or friend came home in a coffin cut to ribbons by a Russian surely?

This sort of chest thumping bollocks from people staring at a laptop at home doesn't help.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:30 - Jun 13 with 3646 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:20 - Jun 13 by Isleworthranger

I got back yesterday evening from Marseille and just wanted to post a few facts about what went on

Apart from a large bunch of English fans gathered outside a bar right by the port singing and having a beer in the lovely sunshine who were nosiy but not causing any trouble in the slightest most of us were sitting outside small cafes just chilling with a cold beer enjoying the great views of the harbour

About 3pm though a large mob of Russians stormed down the side road we were in knocking women and kids over plus every table and chair and charged straight in to the England fans

Some of the hundreds of riot police actually ran away but the rest stood there and let it all happend until the England fans started fighting back and they then moved in with the tear gas and stun grenades not caring who they were aimed at and our small group of QPR fans including my wife were left choking on the gas with our eyes streaming

For the next 3 or 4 hours small and large battles happened all over the city caused mainly then by Marseille fans attacking any English they could find but especially very small groups and they could not care less if woman and kids were there but the police were absolutely awful and completely useless

Sorry to hear you and your missus go through that.

Any assistance from embassy or FA? I'll be going out there in two weeks for (hopefully) England's first knockout game.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:40 - Jun 13 with 3599 viewsdaveB

Mate of mine of out there and came under attack whilst having lunch with his brother and daughter. Russians threw a hammer at them as they stormed the square and as they tried to get away my mate was tear gassed. They have tickets for the game next Monday but are coming home now, said they've never seen anything like it
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:51 - Jun 13 with 3578 viewsFDC

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:40 - Jun 13 by daveB

Mate of mine of out there and came under attack whilst having lunch with his brother and daughter. Russians threw a hammer at them as they stormed the square and as they tried to get away my mate was tear gassed. They have tickets for the game next Monday but are coming home now, said they've never seen anything like it

Sad to hear. So many people on twitter and Facebook that are / were actually there say the same thing, and that the violence was instigated by people targeting England supporters, and that the police at best were not very good at providing protection, at worst seemed almost to step aside and allow the attacks to happen.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:05 - Jun 13 with 3563 viewsIsleworthranger

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 10:30 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry to hear you and your missus go through that.

Any assistance from embassy or FA? I'll be going out there in two weeks for (hopefully) England's first knockout game.

No one from our FA to be seen anywhere though they are getting plenty of flak on the official messageboard

We go back our Weds for the Wales game for a week and are staying the first two nights in Lille where of course Russia are playing and then heading down to Lyon for the final group game where hopefully it will have all died down a bit by then and then hopefully back to Paris when we win the group!
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:10 - Jun 13 with 3540 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:05 - Jun 13 by Isleworthranger

No one from our FA to be seen anywhere though they are getting plenty of flak on the official messageboard

We go back our Weds for the Wales game for a week and are staying the first two nights in Lille where of course Russia are playing and then heading down to Lyon for the final group game where hopefully it will have all died down a bit by then and then hopefully back to Paris when we win the group!

Well all the best mate, stay safe.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:23 - Jun 13 with 3506 viewsbosh67

This may help the English cause this morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36515213

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:29 - Jun 13 with 3480 viewsTacticalR

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:23 - Jun 13 by bosh67

This may help the English cause this morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36515213

'These are extremely well trained people.'

I'm afraid the days of the maverick individual hooligan are long gone.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:33 - Jun 13 with 3455 viewsFDC

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:29 - Jun 13 by TacticalR

'These are extremely well trained people.'

I'm afraid the days of the maverick individual hooligan are long gone.

Joking aside, there was some interesting talk on this on the Guardian football podcast this morning, hinting at if not Russian state collusion, state blind-eyed-ness at least. The reporting of it over there sounds rather different, at any rate!
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:36 - Jun 13 with 3434 viewsrobith

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 06:40 - Jun 13 by stowmarketrange

I'm sorry mate but that's a pretty stupid thing to say if you weren't there.Not everyone wants to stand there and fight toe to toe with someone who wants to beat the sh*t out of you,or worse.

Agree. I go to footie to have a laugh and watch the game. A group of balaclavas clad Russian in gum shields and MMa gloves come wading I'm at getting the f outta dodge
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:37 - Jun 13 with 3431 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:33 - Jun 13 by FDC

Joking aside, there was some interesting talk on this on the Guardian football podcast this morning, hinting at if not Russian state collusion, state blind-eyed-ness at least. The reporting of it over there sounds rather different, at any rate!

You mean this? From a Scottish paper no less.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/russian-sports-minister-makes-bi
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:39 - Jun 13 with 3421 viewsTacticalR

MMA gloves in their bum bags

Euro 2016: Russian hooligans took MMA gloves and gum shields to assault
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/euro-2016-russia-vs-en

Air hostess clique

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:48 - Jun 13 with 3381 viewsFDC

Piers Morgan demonstrating his nuanced understanding of matters, as always.

[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 11:48]
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:16 - Jun 13 with 3295 viewsYorkRanger

Im a bit late to this thread. Some interesting views.

I'd make 2 points:

1. I deplore violence - football related or otherwise. I could weep at the scenes from both inside and outside the ground.

2. I've never met Brian, but over a period of time you tend to get the measure of people on here and for me he seems to be a genuinely decent and fair bloke.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:49 - Jun 13 with 3205 viewsJuzzie

I haven't read through all 7 pages but my tuppeny worth is this;

England had a reputation some 30-40 years ago. That's long gone. The vast majority of people who go to these tournaments are there for the football, a few beers, the experience etc. Usually just with friends or families.

For anyone (be it Russian's, French, police etc) to deliberately attack English fans is nothing short of cowardice. What are they trying to achieve? To be back at home with their mates drinking vodka or Pernod bragging "yeah, we're the fking the dogs, we've done the English"?

Well done, very brave...
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:59 - Jun 13 with 3915 viewsNortholt_Rs

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 11:48 - Jun 13 by FDC

Piers Morgan demonstrating his nuanced understanding of matters, as always.

[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 11:48]

What a pukka response to a 24-carat pr1ck

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:06 - Jun 13 with 3884 viewsjohncharles

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 12:59 - Jun 13 by Northolt_Rs

What a pukka response to a 24-carat pr1ck

Respect Lee

Strong and stable my arse.

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:09 - Jun 13 with 3865 viewsKonk

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with suggesting that our hooligan past and past exporting of violence has led to us being targeted as a scalp by divs from other countries.

Personally, I’d not really into the Irish pub/Ten German bombers scene, so I’ve avoided all of that when I’ve travelled overseas watching Fulham and England, which does reduce your chances of getting caught up with trouble, but doesn’t guarantee that you won’t bump into the wrong crowd whilst you’re quietly minding your own business over a few drinks with mates.

I know loads of good, decent people who’ve been started on abroad when they’ve been picked-off by locals looking to batter any little groups of English they can find. And it’s not the 80’s or 90’s anymore — the English support is primarily made up of people who just want to do a bit of travelling, watch their team and have a few beers. The few hundred idiots everyone always focuses on are unrepresentative of the bulk of the support in my experience, and also according to blokes I know who’ve followed England everywhere since the bad old days.

If Saturday’s trouble had kicked-off in England, the least that would have happened is that the Russian mob would have been cornered early on by the Old Bill, who would then have had them in a bubble all day, completely restricting their movement and ability to mix with anyone else. They’d have been filmed, their identities documented, and any that were identified as having been involved in earlier violence would have been nicked. Our police aren’t always the best, but most of the time they are pretty effective at keeping hooligan groups apart. It’s not difficult to spot a group of 150+ chunky Russian tramps bowling round in running shorts and vests, especially when loads of them are wearing the same bloody Locomotiv Moscow t-shirts. The fault 100% lies with the hooligans, but the policing sounds like it’s been completely clueless. It’s much more difficult to deal with little gangs of locals, who can melt away when the police appear, but there’s no excuse for not containing the Russian mob.

How much easier is that to do than firing off tear gas canisters every ten minutes, and spending the whole day chasing people round town without actually putting a stop to the violence. The fact that they failed to arrest a single Russian hooligan is mind-boggling given that they were seemingly at it all day and made it into the ground.

At Portugal in 2004, there were loads, and loads of pis sed up English in the cities we played in, but the police, who were happy to take advice from the British police, were spot on — had a few out and about, with the vast majority tucked away out of sight with their riot vans and riot gear on hand if needed. Made for a far more relaxed atmosphere and didn’t provide an obvious target for the bottle throwing idiots who always lurk around at the back of crowds, with the inevitable escalation that follows when the police rightly get the hump.

Lille promises to me messy later in the week if the police don’t radically change their tactics. Hopefully the CRS will decide to get properly stuck into anyone engaging in violence and stick the twa ts in jail.

PS. If it wasn't against my religion to fraternise with people off the internet, I'd buy Brian a pint, any day of the week.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:20 - Jun 13 with 3795 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:09 - Jun 13 by Konk

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with suggesting that our hooligan past and past exporting of violence has led to us being targeted as a scalp by divs from other countries.

Personally, I’d not really into the Irish pub/Ten German bombers scene, so I’ve avoided all of that when I’ve travelled overseas watching Fulham and England, which does reduce your chances of getting caught up with trouble, but doesn’t guarantee that you won’t bump into the wrong crowd whilst you’re quietly minding your own business over a few drinks with mates.

I know loads of good, decent people who’ve been started on abroad when they’ve been picked-off by locals looking to batter any little groups of English they can find. And it’s not the 80’s or 90’s anymore — the English support is primarily made up of people who just want to do a bit of travelling, watch their team and have a few beers. The few hundred idiots everyone always focuses on are unrepresentative of the bulk of the support in my experience, and also according to blokes I know who’ve followed England everywhere since the bad old days.

If Saturday’s trouble had kicked-off in England, the least that would have happened is that the Russian mob would have been cornered early on by the Old Bill, who would then have had them in a bubble all day, completely restricting their movement and ability to mix with anyone else. They’d have been filmed, their identities documented, and any that were identified as having been involved in earlier violence would have been nicked. Our police aren’t always the best, but most of the time they are pretty effective at keeping hooligan groups apart. It’s not difficult to spot a group of 150+ chunky Russian tramps bowling round in running shorts and vests, especially when loads of them are wearing the same bloody Locomotiv Moscow t-shirts. The fault 100% lies with the hooligans, but the policing sounds like it’s been completely clueless. It’s much more difficult to deal with little gangs of locals, who can melt away when the police appear, but there’s no excuse for not containing the Russian mob.

How much easier is that to do than firing off tear gas canisters every ten minutes, and spending the whole day chasing people round town without actually putting a stop to the violence. The fact that they failed to arrest a single Russian hooligan is mind-boggling given that they were seemingly at it all day and made it into the ground.

At Portugal in 2004, there were loads, and loads of pis sed up English in the cities we played in, but the police, who were happy to take advice from the British police, were spot on — had a few out and about, with the vast majority tucked away out of sight with their riot vans and riot gear on hand if needed. Made for a far more relaxed atmosphere and didn’t provide an obvious target for the bottle throwing idiots who always lurk around at the back of crowds, with the inevitable escalation that follows when the police rightly get the hump.

Lille promises to me messy later in the week if the police don’t radically change their tactics. Hopefully the CRS will decide to get properly stuck into anyone engaging in violence and stick the twa ts in jail.

PS. If it wasn't against my religion to fraternise with people off the internet, I'd buy Brian a pint, any day of the week.

Great stuff. Can't agree more.

However, my image of Konk and Fulham fans travelling abroad but avoiding the Oiks is firmly based on a mixture of Alan Wicker and the man from Del Monte.

[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 13:21]
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:29 - Jun 13 with 3741 viewsKonk

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:20 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

However, my image of Konk and Fulham fans travelling abroad but avoiding the Oiks is firmly based on a mixture of Alan Wicker and the man from Del Monte.

That's pretty much the look I go for. Smart casual on the day before the game, with a blazer, shirt, tie and chinos for match day. Panama hat for games in sunnier climes. Top travel tip - if you're taking a linen suit to a European away game, don't wear it on the flight as the creases are a bugger to remove. Actually, I did send a shirt to the hotel laundry when we played Hajduk Split, because they wouldn't lend me a sodding iron and my shirt was creased to fu ck. Spent half the day in the hotel bar waiting for my shirt to come back when I should have been out exploring. Tragic.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:42 - Jun 13 with 3687 viewsrrrspricey

This is the same tvvat who was accused of complicity in a state doping programme by the World Anti-Doping Agency and went on to call the charge laughable. He also said there was nothing to worry about when the team running Russia's World Cup bid, destroyed their own computers after allegations of corruption (surely not)

Uefa really need to do something about the Russians...ideally ban them from this competition and take away the world cup then hire someone to take out Putin.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:44 - Jun 13 with 3664 viewsFDC

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:42 - Jun 13 by rrrspricey

This is the same tvvat who was accused of complicity in a state doping programme by the World Anti-Doping Agency and went on to call the charge laughable. He also said there was nothing to worry about when the team running Russia's World Cup bid, destroyed their own computers after allegations of corruption (surely not)

Uefa really need to do something about the Russians...ideally ban them from this competition and take away the world cup then hire someone to take out Putin.

That they're due to hold the world cup in 24 months is absolutely mental. Who the hell would want to go to that?!
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:52 - Jun 13 with 3620 viewsJuzzie

People were saying the same before South Africa. Fears of mass muggings etc and as far as I know, it all went OK.

The Russian's are no angels, I know, but lets not tar them all because of 150 dickheads plus any in positions of authority that may, or may not, be involved.

Things like this usually go well in spite of the tw@ts because of the 99.9999 of the people who are ok.

I hope.
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:54 - Jun 13 with 3607 viewsDeepcutHoop

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:44 - Jun 13 by FDC

That they're due to hold the world cup in 24 months is absolutely mental. Who the hell would want to go to that?!

Utterly ridiculous, as everyone has said from the start. And then we to Qatar, where a Dutch women is under arrest for being raped at the moment. Richard Keys was adamant it was the most liberal place in the world though, so clearly that's just a blip.

On the fighting, interesting take from an Irish journo here, sums up a few of the viewpoints on here.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/ken-early-russians-go-to-wa
England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:57 - Jun 13 with 3596 viewsMrSheen

England v Russia fighting. Sounds nasty on 13:20 - Jun 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Throw this guy in and I reckon you're there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024