Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them 16:45 - Feb 7 with 8093 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59536/the-evidence-again

The conclusion after five days of review and work on this transfer window debacle.
Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 00:36 - Feb 10 with 663 viewsSTID2017

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 23:58 - Feb 9 by Dr_Parnassus

They aren’t really idealistic though, idealistic for him maybe, but they aren’t tactics that work at any level.

I’d say at the top level he would get exposed even more. I can’t think of any club in history who has played the way Martin does, and there is a reason for that, it makes no sense.

People refer to Man City and Liverpool but they insist on width and their main source of goals comes from out wide (be that goals or assists). Their fullbacks are incredibly fast and/or attacking by design, the likes of Alexander Arnold, Robinson, Cancelo etc

Their wingers are traditionally explosive, Sterling, Salah, Mane.

It’s similar to the way Rodgers played with Sinclair and Dyer out wide with the likes of Rangel overlapping.

Russell likes everything going through the center, it’s awful. Any width or pace and he gets rid of them, Oko Flex showed the best threat for ages and he was hauled off and slated in the media for not sticking to the slow and cumbersome style of play.

Your opposition is relative too, if your system works then you should be able to play it successfully at any level, because your opposition is relative to the standard you play at.

We had the likes of Mark Gower, Garry Monk, Neil Taylor and Alan Tate in our promotion side. Standard of player is an awful excuse.

Especially when we have a squad as strong and talented as ours.

"Russell likes everything going through the center, it’s awful. Any width or pace and he gets rid of them, Oko Flex showed the best threat for ages and he was hauled off and slated in the media for not sticking to the slow and cumbersome style of play"
How does that explain the successful use of Ryan Manning, who can often be seen hugging the left wing before putting crosses into the area ?
He has made 26 appearances this season - so well utilised.
Never shown any desire to get rid of him, although the owners seem to be baulking at offering him an improved contract, which will leave him to walk away at the end of the season.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 01:39 - Feb 10 with 637 viewsDr_Parnassus

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 00:36 - Feb 10 by STID2017

"Russell likes everything going through the center, it’s awful. Any width or pace and he gets rid of them, Oko Flex showed the best threat for ages and he was hauled off and slated in the media for not sticking to the slow and cumbersome style of play"
How does that explain the successful use of Ryan Manning, who can often be seen hugging the left wing before putting crosses into the area ?
He has made 26 appearances this season - so well utilised.
Never shown any desire to get rid of him, although the owners seem to be baulking at offering him an improved contract, which will leave him to walk away at the end of the season.

He’s a left back.

Having 4 at the back means at some point you are going to have some sort of width at times, but it’s far removed from utilising wide attacking plays.

Please don’t tell me you are such an enthusiastic argument creator that you are trying to say we play wide because our left back sometimes crosses the ball?

He sacrifices width by preferring two central holding midfielders instead of attacking wingers. It also ruins our defensive balance because we are exposed on the flanks, we have limited out balls when defending and it naturally slows down our attacks.

Our play is largely down the middle, the most condensed area on a football pitch. It’s senseless, as it was the same at MK Dons which is why I don’t buy the personnel argument. Every winger he’s had, he’s sent away.

At MK Dons it was the same. 2 strikers and then the widest player would be the likes of Ethan Laird who is a left back/wing back, no wingers or wide attackers in sight. No coincidence he finishes bottom half every single season, he sets up the same senseless way game after game - by design.

If you would like I can get a heat map analysis and show the main channels we play in compared to teams that play with genuine width. I’m kind like that.

As an aside, the best team in the EPL this season - Arsenal. Have a guess their main angle of attack… yep.

[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 4:00]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 08:56 - Feb 10 with 569 viewsSTID2017

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 01:39 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

He’s a left back.

Having 4 at the back means at some point you are going to have some sort of width at times, but it’s far removed from utilising wide attacking plays.

Please don’t tell me you are such an enthusiastic argument creator that you are trying to say we play wide because our left back sometimes crosses the ball?

He sacrifices width by preferring two central holding midfielders instead of attacking wingers. It also ruins our defensive balance because we are exposed on the flanks, we have limited out balls when defending and it naturally slows down our attacks.

Our play is largely down the middle, the most condensed area on a football pitch. It’s senseless, as it was the same at MK Dons which is why I don’t buy the personnel argument. Every winger he’s had, he’s sent away.

At MK Dons it was the same. 2 strikers and then the widest player would be the likes of Ethan Laird who is a left back/wing back, no wingers or wide attackers in sight. No coincidence he finishes bottom half every single season, he sets up the same senseless way game after game - by design.

If you would like I can get a heat map analysis and show the main channels we play in compared to teams that play with genuine width. I’m kind like that.

As an aside, the best team in the EPL this season - Arsenal. Have a guess their main angle of attack… yep.

[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 4:00]

Why is any opposite view to you taken as an argument ?
Just giving a different view is not looking for or causing arguments.
Just stating that that you made a categorical statement that any play out wide is discouraged.
Yet how often do we see Manning or Lati out wide ?
I think what you meant to say is that in Martin's systems there is no place for wingers which I wholly accept.
Doesn't mean we spend all game, every game playing through the centre.

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 10:09 - Feb 10 with 536 viewsDr_Parnassus

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 08:56 - Feb 10 by STID2017

Why is any opposite view to you taken as an argument ?
Just giving a different view is not looking for or causing arguments.
Just stating that that you made a categorical statement that any play out wide is discouraged.
Yet how often do we see Manning or Lati out wide ?
I think what you meant to say is that in Martin's systems there is no place for wingers which I wholly accept.
Doesn't mean we spend all game, every game playing through the centre.

Because we factually don’t play wingers and we factually play the bulk of our attacks through the middle.

To deny the obvious is to simply create an argument, which is exactly what you have done every day since flouting the site rules and taking me off ignore in order to do so.

Where did I say ‘any’ play out wide is discouraged? You are reading what you want to, again.

We are a centrally focused team, factually. Which goes against the ethos of a possession side which is proven to work through taking advantage of wide channels and does not work through the middle.

Martins inability to finish in the top half backs that evidence.

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 10:40 - Feb 10 with 531 viewsSTID2017

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 10:09 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Because we factually don’t play wingers and we factually play the bulk of our attacks through the middle.

To deny the obvious is to simply create an argument, which is exactly what you have done every day since flouting the site rules and taking me off ignore in order to do so.

Where did I say ‘any’ play out wide is discouraged? You are reading what you want to, again.

We are a centrally focused team, factually. Which goes against the ethos of a possession side which is proven to work through taking advantage of wide channels and does not work through the middle.

Martins inability to finish in the top half backs that evidence.

Keith is happy as site owner for me to have dialogue with you as long as there is no abuse.
So please stop going on about me flouting rules.
Discussion or opposing views isn't arguments or abuse.
If you don't like my viewpoint then please put me on ignore.
Otherwise I will continue to enter dialogue with you as I choose

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 11:02 - Feb 10 with 521 viewsDr_Parnassus

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 10:40 - Feb 10 by STID2017

Keith is happy as site owner for me to have dialogue with you as long as there is no abuse.
So please stop going on about me flouting rules.
Discussion or opposing views isn't arguments or abuse.
If you don't like my viewpoint then please put me on ignore.
Otherwise I will continue to enter dialogue with you as I choose

It’s not about not liking it, it’s about it clearly being factually incorrect.

If you don’t want me pointing it out then either do your research or follow site rules and put me back on ignore.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024