Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them 16:45 - Feb 7 with 8096 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59536/the-evidence-again

The conclusion after five days of review and work on this transfer window debacle.
Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 21:37 - Feb 8 with 1445 viewsReslovenSwan1

The idea that Levien and Kaplan did not know abut relegation is laughable. Kaplan if Welsh would be top ten richest Welsh person. Half billion US$ the more research I do. Mostly in assets not cash. Levien is also very very rich is assets. Not sure about Jake but I admire their cahones.

Welsh people stray away from Swansea city for three main reasons. The Trust themselves got very timid when time came to cash in.

a) It is super high risk
b) It is a money pit
c) Even if you do a brilliant job the fans will hate you when you sell and make a profit. (HJ)

I believe the US ownership have told Martin if he wants transfer money to spend he has to earn it over the next three months as there is no apparent progress in results or performances. It is up to him to find a way. He himself is an articulate 'young man ' that needs to develop. Making the same mistakes will not do.

[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 21:43]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 22:13 - Feb 8 with 1404 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 21:12 - Feb 8 by Boundy

All I can say you must have led a sheltered life if that offends you

I am not even slightly offended.
It is supposed to be Forum rules written in stone except when it isn't.
When it suits the rules are ignored.
The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 22:14 - Feb 8 with 1393 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 21:16 - Feb 8 by Whiterockin

Or he is just stirring shite.

See my response to boundy.
The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 22:59 - Feb 8 with 1311 viewsDr_Parnassus

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 22:13 - Feb 8 by A_Fans_Dad

I am not even slightly offended.
It is supposed to be Forum rules written in stone except when it isn't.
When it suits the rules are ignored.

Surely STID has to be banned now, he’s admitted flouting the newly imposed rule of not ignoring someone you have reported.

It said in the new rule introduction that the punishment for that was a ban.

Despite disagreeing with the rule, I respected it and didn’t report abuse since as I won’t restrict myself from seeing the dangerous posts of others.

So it’s incredibly disrespectful he has done so, especially when he has admitted to trolling and posting things to try and wind up his target(s). He was even told by others during when he claimed to have put me on ignore that he was posting deliberately to be provocative.

How he hasn’t been binned is beyond me.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 22:59 - Feb 8 with 1347 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m going to state this one more time.

Stick to the thread. It’s done.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 12:50 - Feb 9 with 1207 viewsSTID2017

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 22:59 - Feb 8 by KeithHaynes

I’m going to state this one more time.

Stick to the thread. It’s done.

I have to say that article is well written,obviously well researched, and deeply worrying.
The future under these current owners holds no promise for me.
It would be great to believe they are going to fix things with the manager and move us forward.
Having read that I find it hard to believe, whatever the manager's faults

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 12:51 - Feb 9 with 1169 viewsDr_Parnassus

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 12:50 - Feb 9 by STID2017

I have to say that article is well written,obviously well researched, and deeply worrying.
The future under these current owners holds no promise for me.
It would be great to believe they are going to fix things with the manager and move us forward.
Having read that I find it hard to believe, whatever the manager's faults

All credit to them for appointing such a managerial behemoth.

Right?

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 13:17 - Feb 9 with 1181 viewsSTID2017

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 12:51 - Feb 9 by Dr_Parnassus

All credit to them for appointing such a managerial behemoth.

Right?

As Keith said in his last post on here, let's stick to the subject ( the owners ) eh ?
Don't derail another post

Login to get fewer ads

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 13:20 - Feb 9 with 1145 viewsDr_Parnassus

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 13:17 - Feb 9 by STID2017

As Keith said in his last post on here, let's stick to the subject ( the owners ) eh ?
Don't derail another post

The thread is about the owners.

Read the title.

All credit to them then right?

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 13:22 - Feb 9 with 1176 viewsSTID2017

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 13:20 - Feb 9 by Dr_Parnassus

The thread is about the owners.

Read the title.

All credit to them then right?

After reading that article if they told me it is Thursday I would get my calendar out to verify it

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 13:23 - Feb 9 with 1143 viewsDr_Parnassus

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 13:22 - Feb 9 by STID2017

After reading that article if they told me it is Thursday I would get my calendar out to verify it

Great.

Credit to them for appointing such a behemoth then?

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 14:57 - Feb 9 with 1135 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 13:23 - Feb 9 by Dr_Parnassus

Great.

Credit to them for appointing such a behemoth then?

As usual they went for the cheapest possible option.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 15:01 - Feb 9 with 1126 viewsSTID2017

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 14:57 - Feb 9 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

As usual they went for the cheapest possible option.

Typical of our current owners - the champs

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 15:45 - Feb 9 with 1094 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 21:37 - Feb 8 by ReslovenSwan1

The idea that Levien and Kaplan did not know abut relegation is laughable. Kaplan if Welsh would be top ten richest Welsh person. Half billion US$ the more research I do. Mostly in assets not cash. Levien is also very very rich is assets. Not sure about Jake but I admire their cahones.

Welsh people stray away from Swansea city for three main reasons. The Trust themselves got very timid when time came to cash in.

a) It is super high risk
b) It is a money pit
c) Even if you do a brilliant job the fans will hate you when you sell and make a profit. (HJ)

I believe the US ownership have told Martin if he wants transfer money to spend he has to earn it over the next three months as there is no apparent progress in results or performances. It is up to him to find a way. He himself is an articulate 'young man ' that needs to develop. Making the same mistakes will not do.

[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 21:43]

Not another anti trust you do go on.

The only reason Swansea fans state away is they are fed up of Martin making the same mistakes season after season.
We were in total control playing a back four against Birmingham when Martin decided to bring on an extra Centre half and go to a back five surrendering the initiative.
The less said about him stupidly putting subs on one at a time leaving us a man short for nearly 20 minutes,including injury time, shows just how clueless he is.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 19:17 - Feb 9 with 1021 viewsKeithHaynes

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 15:45 - Feb 9 by felixstowe_jack

Not another anti trust you do go on.

The only reason Swansea fans state away is they are fed up of Martin making the same mistakes season after season.
We were in total control playing a back four against Birmingham when Martin decided to bring on an extra Centre half and go to a back five surrendering the initiative.
The less said about him stupidly putting subs on one at a time leaving us a man short for nearly 20 minutes,including injury time, shows just how clueless he is.

I’m uncertain Swans fans are staying away, although I’m looking at home attendances.

Maybe as a result of the clubs success this displays a far larger support than perceived ?

I agree the results are awful set against the possibilities of what the style of play could bring.

Clueless possibly could mean learning, it’s just a shame we are his learning curve.

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 19:47 - Feb 9 with 988 viewsWhiterockin

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 19:17 - Feb 9 by KeithHaynes

I’m uncertain Swans fans are staying away, although I’m looking at home attendances.

Maybe as a result of the clubs success this displays a far larger support than perceived ?

I agree the results are awful set against the possibilities of what the style of play could bring.

Clueless possibly could mean learning, it’s just a shame we are his learning curve.

The official attendance never matches the actual number of people in the ground, it hasn't for years. As a season ticket holder I can't attend every game, like many others, but I am counted in the official attendance. I believe that those buying a ticket for an individual match are very likely to turn up otherwise they wouldn't have bought one. So if this is accurate the difference in figures is season ticket holders not attending for various reasons. So with the official gate numbers remaining strong is it safe to assume that the non season ticket sales are holding up better than expected.
The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 19:48 - Feb 9 with 980 viewsBoundy

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 19:17 - Feb 9 by KeithHaynes

Honest question ,could Martin's philosophy work elsewhere , with better players or will his now very visible weaknesses prevent that step up or will he when he eventually leaves drop out like many others disappear . We've been fortunate over many years to have had some very good managers ( some not so ) I just wonder what category he'll end up in .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 19:56 - Feb 9 with 954 viewsKeithHaynes

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 19:48 - Feb 9 by Boundy

Honest question ,could Martin's philosophy work elsewhere , with better players or will his now very visible weaknesses prevent that step up or will he when he eventually leaves drop out like many others disappear . We've been fortunate over many years to have had some very good managers ( some not so ) I just wonder what category he'll end up in .

If he had the players he would succeed IMO.

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 20:04 - Feb 9 with 922 viewsDr_Parnassus

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 19:48 - Feb 9 by Boundy

Look at the evidence.

4 seasons.

21 players brought in for us
20 players brought in for MK Dons

Not a single top half finish in his career.

Even if it were true of course regarding players, the fact he would continue a system that he knows isn’t suited to the squad or the players he has is absolutely crazy.

No manager worth his salt would give himself the lowest chance to win possible, you adapt to the situation… in other words MANAGE the situation.

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 21:12 - Feb 9 with 863 viewsFireboy2

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 19:56 - Feb 9 by KeithHaynes

Seconded
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 21:23]
The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 21:30 - Feb 9 with 839 viewsunion_jack

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 19:56 - Feb 9 by KeithHaynes

Come and get him Arsenal.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 21:32 - Feb 9 with 821 viewsDr_Winston

He's done very little to suggest that he can succeed no matter how much money or quality of player is given to him. Time and again the same simple tactical mistakes are made.

Martin's not an idiot, yet he keeps doing idiotic things. That suggests that he's a fanatic and incapable of change. Even after Eighteen months he can't do the basics right. You could give him £10m to spend and we'd still leak goals.

Time to cut our losses and get shot.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 21:44]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 21:40 - Feb 9 with 797 viewsDr_Parnassus

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 21:32 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

He's done very little to suggest that he can succeed no matter how much money or quality of player is given to him. Time and again the same simple tactical mistakes are made.

Martin's not an idiot, yet he keeps doing idiotic things. That suggests that he's a fanatic and incapable of change. Even after Eighteen months he can't do the basics right. You could give him £10m to spend and we'd still leak goals.

Time to cut our losses and get shot.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 21:44]

A good manager should be able to get a tune out of most squads.

Take our last one for example. Won the World Cup at youth international level, came to us after we had to get rid of our star players and kicked us on to 6th, then 4th the following year, then went to Forest bottom of the league and got them promoted in a single season.

Didn’t matter the squad he was given, he improved year on year.

The fact Russell has signed 40 players, spent millions, had 4 years to get things right and hasn’t been able to, says it’s own story.

A manager isn’t a manager if he can only manage with world class players to mitigate his flaws.

This thread is entitled “evidence”. Would be nice if we could see some evidence put forward of the ability of Russ.

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 23:16 - Feb 9 with 720 viewsmax936

He's got idealistic views on how to play the game, which is above the capability of most of the players he got here and probably quite a lot if not the majority in the championship, he will do better with better players though by the definition of those players with better abilities, he'll never be a Pep or a Klopp or other top 6 top 10 managers in the Premier league though, he doesn't read the game or react to the game like those managers.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 23:58 - Feb 9 with 698 viewsDr_Parnassus

The evidence against this Swansea City ownership is stacking up against them on 23:16 - Feb 9 by max936

He's got idealistic views on how to play the game, which is above the capability of most of the players he got here and probably quite a lot if not the majority in the championship, he will do better with better players though by the definition of those players with better abilities, he'll never be a Pep or a Klopp or other top 6 top 10 managers in the Premier league though, he doesn't read the game or react to the game like those managers.

They aren’t really idealistic though, idealistic for him maybe, but they aren’t tactics that work at any level.

I’d say at the top level he would get exposed even more. I can’t think of any club in history who has played the way Martin does, and there is a reason for that, it makes no sense.

People refer to Man City and Liverpool but they insist on width and their main source of goals comes from out wide (be that goals or assists). Their fullbacks are incredibly fast and/or attacking by design, the likes of Alexander Arnold, Robinson, Cancelo etc

Their wingers are traditionally explosive, Sterling, Salah, Mane.

It’s similar to the way Rodgers played with Sinclair and Dyer out wide with the likes of Rangel overlapping.

Russell likes everything going through the center, it’s awful. Any width or pace and he gets rid of them, Oko Flex showed the best threat for ages and he was hauled off and slated in the media for not sticking to the slow and cumbersome style of play.

Your opposition is relative too, if your system works then you should be able to play it successfully at any level, because your opposition is relative to the standard you play at.

We had the likes of Mark Gower, Garry Monk, Neil Taylor and Alan Tate in our promotion side. Standard of player is an awful excuse.

Especially when we have a squad as strong and talented as ours.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024