Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN 21:41 - Jan 1 with 21519 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the FA Cup which may or not may or not go ahead. It’s a may or not thing, and in 2022, this is the way things work. It’s not even May. Or not.

The full build up to the game before it is called off will be here !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56649
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56656/liam-cullen-hoping
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56672/saints-calling-the

Simon Hooper will replace Referee Scott as of Tuesday 4th January.
We all love an FA Cup third round tie, it’s the one after the second round where all the big teams from every round up to the third round have won their games, mostly. However, now they become the small teams, which seems odd, some even call them minnows, which I think is a child fish. Some people are called ‘Min’ so if someone called ‘Min’ hadn’t paid their debts it would be a ‘Min owes’ me money situation, as Glen would say. Of course once the big teams become the small teams they do become of interest to the televisual transmission people, and if they do have any debts they can sometimes pay them off.

Or if two premier league teams draw each other these smaller big teams are generally ignored. This is because the BBC likes to have the premier league sides on the tv because they haven’t got any money like Amazon and Sky to pay for proper games. And if they did they would give it away to people like Jimmy Saville.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:47 - Jan 8 with 1260 viewssw02sea

After watching that, can any committed Swansea City supporter have anything but trepidation, about our future moving forwards, with Martin at the helm?
How bad were…. Bennett, Walsh, Obafemi, Smith(probably least worst)
And would you trust him in the transfer market?
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:47 - Jan 8 with 1260 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:33 - Jan 8 by TenbySwan

I honestly thought Cullen did alright tonight, his best game for us certainly this season.
Obafemi should have been hooked not Cullen.
As for Dahnda ? Can't even trap the fecking ball and gave it away countless times.
Wtf was Rhys Williams trying to do? Lost the ball everytime and total disinterest in trying to win it back. But there again what was the manager thinking when he put him on, reminded me of Mark Hughes desperately playing James Collins on the wing for Wales at the end of his career.
Cullen would have been a hell of a lot more useful than Danhda and Rhys Williams who were pathetic.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 20:35]

Cullen was non existent Tenbyswan, don't disagree with the rest of your post though.
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:49 - Jan 8 with 1232 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:47 - Jan 8 by Treforys_Jack

Cullen was non existent Tenbyswan, don't disagree with the rest of your post though.

Not really. How about those meaningles croses and a failure to convert a decent chance at goal.
Why is he still at the club.Whittaker isnt and he scored today. Funny that.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:55 - Jan 8 with 1218 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:13 - Jan 8 by max936

Iwan Roberts analysing the game as well and that Cardiff fan Jane ludlow, they really pushed the boat out tonight fair do's.

BBC commentary team was absolute shte as usual. I harp on about women commentary but that lit take the biscuit. After saying that I turned sound off for the second half so they might have got better!
Thought we were abject tonight….No defence…no midfield and forwards lacking in ambition and skill. No urgency in the team who treated it like a training ground match. Pleased I saved a few quid tonight thanks to Drakeford.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:56 - Jan 8 with 1210 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:43 - Jan 8 by onehunglow

Welsh Television you're slagging off there Rog

I ll join in if I may.

It was cringeworthy and an insult to Welsh viewers.On a Swansea game,they drag up Peter Rodrigues as he's a scummer .then promote their game tomorrow. It is appalling. Yet we accept it with hardly a murmur.

Iwanthe Gog pretty much a Jack haters too so a bad day for us all.

Huddersfield beat Burnley today

I’ll watch the cricket later, supporting the Ozzies, obviously.
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:57 - Jan 8 with 1198 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The one positive is that Jayne Ludlow was so dreadful that we won't have to worry about her being allocated any matches broadcasted on the more professional channels.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:59 - Jan 8 with 1177 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:55 - Jan 8 by Luther27

BBC commentary team was absolute shte as usual. I harp on about women commentary but that lit take the biscuit. After saying that I turned sound off for the second half so they might have got better!
Thought we were abject tonight….No defence…no midfield and forwards lacking in ambition and skill. No urgency in the team who treated it like a training ground match. Pleased I saved a few quid tonight thanks to Drakeford.

Amen
An insulting amateur commentery team
Then they lose transmission. This happened when we had the Light Programme and Workers Playtime and Wilfred Pickles.

Our team was set up to lose

Our manager is still there and will be there when we go to Huddersfield who beat Burnley today..Huddersfield have had their problems but are now re-energised.

I though Soton were taking the pyss and Sean Long was always gonna hurt us,as he's done before. A great pro,the like of which we should be looking at to loan not farking kids or Cullen.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:03 - Jan 8 with 1160 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:57 - Jan 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The one positive is that Jayne Ludlow was so dreadful that we won't have to worry about her being allocated any matches broadcasted on the more professional channels.

I'm sure she has never commentated on a yernited game.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:04 - Jan 8 with 1154 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:59 - Jan 8 by onehunglow

Amen
Then they lose transmission. This happened when we had the Light Programme and Workers Playtime and Wilfred Pickles.

Our manager is still there and will be there when we go to Huddersfield who beat Burnley today..Huddersfield have had their problems but are now re-energised.

I though Soton were taking the pyss and Sean Long was always gonna hurt us,as he's done before. A great pro,the like of which we should be looking at to loan not farking kids or Cullen.

Always had time for Long a good no nonsense player who gives his all on the pitch.
Yep, Cullen should have gone out on loan and Whittaker kept here, although in a perfect world I did advocate keeping them both due to Covid sickie’s and the number of matches we have to cram in.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:06 - Jan 8 with 1149 viewsTenbySwan

It was odds on Long was going to score against us when he came on.
Same as Andy Carroll , he always does!
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:06 - Jan 8 with 1138 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:04 - Jan 8 by Luther27

Always had time for Long a good no nonsense player who gives his all on the pitch.
Yep, Cullen should have gone out on loan and Whittaker kept here, although in a perfect world I did advocate keeping them both due to Covid sickie’s and the number of matches we have to cram in.

Yep. Cullen could come on in the 89th minute as Whits did.
What Whit be doing n the next few months is scoring goals and lots of them and we will be all wondering why this devious clown of a coach hated him so much as to set out to ruin his career.

Frankly,Russ turns my stocmach

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:13 - Jan 8 with 1127 viewsmajorraglan

Been working and got home just in time to see the second period of ET. I appreciate they were up against a Premier League team and had already played 105 minutes, but I was disappointed and frustrated with what little I saw.
Chasing the game, there needed to be more urgency and emphasis on attacking to try create a few openings/chances but there wasn’t. Build up from the back y all means, but chasing a game there needs to be more positivity and there wasn’t. The ball needed to be played wide quicker, players were too close to each other and at the very very end, with time fast running out to have any hope of grabbing a goal the ball needed to be in their box even if it took a route 1 option to get it in there, but it didn’t happen and it was still going from side to side.

Rhys Williams looked very low on confidence, something’s not right there.

TBH it was disappointing
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 21:21]
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:16 - Jan 8 with 1100 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:04 - Jan 8 by Luther27

The covid situation is gonna get better, next fortnight/three weeks I reckon.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:18 - Jan 8 with 1087 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:13 - Jan 8 by majorraglan

Been working and got home just in time to see the second period of ET. I appreciate they were up against a Premier League team and had already played 105 minutes, but I was disappointed and frustrated with what little I saw.
Chasing the game, there needed to be more urgency and emphasis on attacking to try create a few openings/chances but there wasn’t. Build up from the back y all means, but chasing a game there needs to be more positivity and there wasn’t. The ball needed to be played wide quicker, players were too close to each other and at the very very end, with time fast running out to have any hope of grabbing a goal the ball needed to be in their box even if it took a route 1 option to get it in there, but it didn’t happen and it was still going from side to side.

Rhys Williams looked very low on confidence, something’s not right there.

TBH it was disappointing
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 21:21]

Rhys has been broken
Whittaker was

When releaed from our club they will prosper,a Whits did today.

Martin is turning good players into bad before our very eyes.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:24 - Jan 8 with 1047 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:59 - Jan 8 by onehunglow

Amen

Will you be at Huddersfield?

I hope so.
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:25 - Jan 8 with 1043 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:18 - Jan 8 by onehunglow

Rhys has been broken
Whittaker was

Wouldn’t disagree with those but prvious managers did the same, Cooper being a prime xample.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:35 - Jan 8 with 981 viewsmajorraglan

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:18 - Jan 8 by onehunglow

Rhys has been broken
Whittaker was

I appreciate it’s a lower division than the Championship, but by all accounts Whittaker had an excellent debut for Lincoln today capping it with a goal.
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:57 - Jan 8 with 907 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 20:07 - Jan 8 by max936

Disappointing after getting a decent foot hold in the game, we surrendered without a whimper.

I like what Martin is trying to achieve but our defending is a worry.
We don't have enough desire to keep the ball out of our net.

To surrender 2 goals so meekly against 10 men who looked shattered was disappointing even with a month without a game.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 22:04]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 22:42 - Jan 8 with 794 viewsbuilthjack

Upwards and onwards to Huddersfield.
You moaner groaners and trolls,on here, get there and support the team. £5 entry so affordable to you.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 22:47 - Jan 8 with 783 viewsReslovenSwan1

Lashing out at women commentators and BBC Cymru Wales is true to form. Low class stuff. BBC showed no bias to anyone. Swansea should have targeted Ward Prowse but seen to lack match management intellect. Garry Monk on for balance.

Come on who else thought ......."he might do a job" but not admit it.

Cardiff is in Wales and in the FA Cup. Peter Rodriques was a welsh international of note.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 22:54 - Jan 8 with 766 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 22:47 - Jan 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Lashing out at women commentators and BBC Cymru Wales is true to form. Low class stuff. BBC showed no bias to anyone. Swansea should have targeted Ward Prowse but seen to lack match management intellect. Garry Monk on for balance.

Cardiff is in Wales and in the FA Cup. Peter Rodriques was a welsh international of note.

Are you having a laugh?

Bbc wales' commentary were so kerdiff bias was so overt, how can you say not?

They even mentioned soton more than us, it was shocking, disgusting.
Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 22:54 - Jan 8 with 758 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 22:47 - Jan 8 by ReslovenSwan1

What has gender got to do with anything? Or are women off limits to professional criticism?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 23:04 - Jan 8 with 745 viewsLuther27

As a licence payer I am,like you entitled to my opinion….and my opinion is they were utter utter shte.

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 23:06 - Jan 8 with 1114 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 21:24 - Jan 8 by Fireboy2

Will you be at Huddersfield?

I hope so.

Why do you hope that he is at Huddersfield?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v Southampton : Matchday Thread 2022 TUES 4th JAN on 23:10 - Jan 8 with 1075 viewsDr_Parnassus

Mods can someone do something about this trolling, its becoming so tedious.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024