Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More stabbings 13:30 - Aug 12 with 12367 viewsKeithHaynes

An 11-year-old girl and a 34-year-old woman have been stabbed in London's Leicester Square.

The Metropolitan Police said they have been taken to hospital but their condition is not yet known.

A man has been arrested and is in custody.

The Met Police said in a statement posted on X: "We don't believe there are any outstanding suspects."

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

More stabbings on 12:40 - Aug 13 with 911 viewsAnotherJohn

Re self defence. I'd say flight is the best policy, but if cornered or needing to save family members then use of a physical object seems the best bet - in past cases, a chair, a rubbish container or even a narwhal tusk have helped. As a non-expert I hope I'll never be in that position. Kudos to Abdulah and the other private security guard who managed to disarm the latest attacker.
More stabbings on 12:52 - Aug 13 with 864 viewsBoundy

More stabbings on 12:40 - Aug 13 by AnotherJohn

Re self defence. I'd say flight is the best policy, but if cornered or needing to save family members then use of a physical object seems the best bet - in past cases, a chair, a rubbish container or even a narwhal tusk have helped. As a non-expert I hope I'll never be in that position. Kudos to Abdulah and the other private security guard who managed to disarm the latest attacker.

Agree , unless you know what you're doing then the odds are in favour of the attacker but if you can keep him at arms bay for a long a possible unless you're extremely confident that you have the ability to defend yourself then run. I know the forum fool will disagree but a well trained person in martial arts can disarm a knife man and inflict serious harm without the use of the knife , targeting the soft areas such as the eyes nose , bollocks shins , remember he wants to hurt you so you need to at least match that aggression and more and don't ever feel sorry because he won't .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

More stabbings on 13:15 - Aug 13 with 837 viewshowenjack

More stabbings on 09:51 - Aug 13 by onehunglow

Yes but pointy too.
False information is not what we need to see..

For info of all,best defence is distance . If confronted with a nut with a knife ,RUN . The shock of confrontation is often what kills. Most lead peaceful lives well away from violence and maniacs with weapons . This is the issue. Staying focussed and “ calm” is crucial ,but until people meet this situation they won’t know how to react in the best way .
If you’re not used to or have not been trained in self defence techniques ,you are more at risk .

Worse comes to worst ….females. … if yiu have hair spray in your bag readily assesible ,spray into the eyes .Fellas,if you can, utilise your car key if are close .
Stamping on the foot might also give you a chance

I was once a witness to a knife attack at close quarters . It was about 30 years ago in a shopping centre. I was walking along with my son window shopping and heard a commotion,looked ahead and there were 3 young men - one being confronted by two others about 5 yards in front of us. I watched as one of the two produced a knife and lunged at the other guy with a sweeping motion. He remained very composed as the blade just missed his neck . He took a step back and the knifeman lunged . Again with a sweeping motion , missing the jugular by inches . I realised then that the person being attacked had obviously had some sort of martial arts type training as he was so calm and focused .The knifeman tried again but the defender evaded the attempt and suddenly there was more noise and shouting and the security team were running towards us . The assailants then turned and fled - the guy being attacked also did a runner!
It was a surreal moment and time seemed to slow down when it was happening it was like you were watching one frame at a time followed by another .
More stabbings on 13:20 - Aug 13 with 826 viewscontroversial_jack

More stabbings on 12:40 - Aug 13 by AnotherJohn

It's the only chance you have is to use a physical object as a barrier. Unarmed you will have no chance. a knife just has to to touch you and you are in big trouble, probably incapacitated.

Knife attacks are so quick and frenzied. Awful weapons!
More stabbings on 13:21 - Aug 13 with 826 viewsonehunglow

More stabbings on 12:52 - Aug 13 by Boundy

Agree , unless you know what you're doing then the odds are in favour of the attacker but if you can keep him at arms bay for a long a possible unless you're extremely confident that you have the ability to defend yourself then run. I know the forum fool will disagree but a well trained person in martial arts can disarm a knife man and inflict serious harm without the use of the knife , targeting the soft areas such as the eyes nose , bollocks shins , remember he wants to hurt you so you need to at least match that aggression and more and don't ever feel sorry because he won't .

There is a pressure point about half way between the ear and collar bone which,if struck ,causes immediate disorientation .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

More stabbings on 14:42 - Aug 13 with 796 viewsBoundy

More stabbings on 13:21 - Aug 13 by onehunglow

There is a pressure point about half way between the ear and collar bone which,if struck ,causes immediate disorientation .

Would that be the brachial plexus, ? another good one is the radial nerve, if you could find that then there's a good chance of disabling the arm/hand , but like all stressful situations remaining reasonably calm can help a great deal , easily said I know,

More stabbings on 14:53 - Aug 13 with 789 viewsonehunglow

More stabbings on 14:42 - Aug 13 by Boundy

Would that be the brachial plexus, ? another good one is the radial nerve, if you could find that then there's a good chance of disabling the arm/hand , but like all stressful situations remaining reasonably calm can help a great deal , easily said I know,

Yeah and also the medial nerve
For someone not trained,radial would be harder to find especially with an individual with big triceps

I’m not going to fight you know ?

I could have mentioned biting , a pretty effective way of causing pain but I didn’t want this thread to concentrate ofpn close counter stuff . It’s best to fook off as quick as one can ,unless you are trained and confident .

I can’t run like I used to so would be more inclined to close quarter work.
[Post edited 13 Aug 14:54]

More stabbings on 15:40 - Aug 13 with 755 viewscontroversial_jack

More stabbings on 13:21 - Aug 13 by onehunglow

Good luck doing that in a street fight
Login to get fewer ads

More stabbings on 17:35 - Aug 13 with 701 viewshowenjack

More stabbings on 15:40 - Aug 13 by controversial_jack

Take a look at Geoff Thompson . He was a bouncer from Coventry and was a black belt in various martial arts but he realised that wasn't enough because as he said being a martial artist in a "sanitised" environment is not the same as facing a madman on a Saturday night on the doors of a nightclub . What he did was refine his techniques to survive in Saturday night "wars" and also "trained" his temperament to overcome his fears /apprehensions.
He brought a book out called " Watch my back" excellent read .
He also started a class in Coventry called animal days where he taught "all in "street fighting techniques . He is now a full time author and public speaker and also seems a very nice all round bloke- worth listening to his talks on you tube.
More stabbings on 19:01 - Aug 13 with 659 viewsonehunglow

More stabbings on 15:40 - Aug 13 by controversial_jack

I have .
It’s sometimes better to get close so the perp doesn’t have the range to utilise his weapon.
The area I have highlighted is relatively easy to locate
Thumbs can be used to squeeze the pressure points and fingers shoved deep into the eye sockets similtaneously

Glad to help

More stabbings on 19:02 - Aug 13 with 659 viewsonehunglow

More stabbings on 11:57 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

You show a 9 year old video clip from an obscure Australian company with 70 followers and you use it as a counter argument against the training that Police, Military and special forces get. It really sums you up and why you are a source of ridicule on here.

That shockingly treats the natter as somehow funny

More stabbings on 19:18 - Aug 13 with 637 viewsSullutaCreturned

More stabbings on 12:01 - Aug 13 by AnotherJohn

Romanian sources appear to confirm that the attacker was a Romanian citizen.

See link at bottom (this is translated version).

UPDATE 12.25 "The Romanian Embassy in London was notified on Monday, August 12, 2024, by the British police authorities about the incident that took place in Leicester Square and the detention of a person. As a result of the urgent steps taken through the office of the Attaché for Home Affairs of the Romanian Embassy in the United Kingdom, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) confirms that the person detained by the British authorities is a Romanian citizen," the MAE said in the press release. The institution also says that, through the diplomatic mission and the General Counsel of Romania in London, it maintains contact with the British authorities regarding this case and will follow the specific consular procedures. The MAE also specifies that, so far, no other requests have been received in connection with this case. UPDATE 11.45 Pintaru, who does not have a fixed residence, is also accused of possession of a sharp object and will be brought before Westminster Court on Tuesday. Initial news Initially, it was believed that her mother was also injured, but this was later refuted by doctors. The girl was taken to hospital and is out of danger, while police say the incident is not being treated as a terrorist incident. At this moment the reasons why the man committed the attack in Leicester Square are not known. At the end of last month, a young man entered a gym in a city in England and stabbed three little girls to death, an incident that generated large demonstrations against migrants. Editor : Ana Petrescu

Citește mai mult la: https://www.digi24.ro/stiri/actualitate/atacatorul-care-a-injunghiat-o-fetita-de

Informaţiile publicate pe site-ul Digi24.ro pot fi preluate, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă, doar în limita a 120 de caractere.

ell if we assume he actually is an immigrant it will only fan the flames of hatred still burning after the riots.
This new government need to do more than just deride the rioters, they have to do somethingtangible about the immigartion situation.

There are far too many illegal immigrants in this country, far too many foreign criminals too. Most immigrants are decent, hard working people and they are at the same risk of attack as anybody else because when a fruitcake is loose it is dangerous, like Valdo Calocane, they can strike at any time for no apprent reason and they can kill.

Every decent person in the UK deserves protection from that.
More stabbings on 19:35 - Aug 13 with 617 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

More stabbings on 19:01 - Aug 13 by onehunglow

I have .
It’s sometimes better to get close so the perp doesn’t have the range to utilise his weapon.
Thumbs can be used to squeeze the pressure points and fingers shoved deep into the eye sockets similtaneously

Glad to help

The weapons some of these scumbags are using these days are more like swords than knives. It’s terrifying how many are carrying them. But it’s racist to stop them and take the knives off them or something.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

More stabbings on 19:41 - Aug 13 with 613 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

More stabbings on 19:18 - Aug 13 by SullutaCreturned

ell if we assume he actually is an immigrant it will only fan the flames of hatred still burning after the riots.
This new government need to do more than just deride the rioters, they have to do somethingtangible about the immigartion situation.

There are far too many illegal immigrants in this country, far too many foreign criminals too. Most immigrants are decent, hard working people and they are at the same risk of attack as anybody else because when a fruitcake is loose it is dangerous, like Valdo Calocane, they can strike at any time for no apprent reason and they can kill.

Every decent person in the UK deserves protection from that.

Judging by the fact he needed an interpreter for his court appearance it’s probably fair to assume he is an immigrant and a recent one at that.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

More stabbings on 19:57 - Aug 13 with 604 viewsonehunglow

More stabbings on 19:35 - Aug 13 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The weapons some of these scumbags are using these days are more like swords than knives. It’s terrifying how many are carrying them. But it’s racist to stop them and take the knives off them or something.

The old Sus laws did that
They don’t like being stopped though

More stabbings on 21:57 - Aug 13 with 570 viewsAnotherJohn

One really concerning thing is that reports say the attacker had no connection to the woman and child, who were tourists. I doubt if this is about religious extremism. If it is mental health there seems to be a lot about, and the multi-victim stabbing attacks in particular seem to be linked to persons of non-UK heritage. I suppose we will hear more about possible motives in due course, but in several of these cases the sparse reportage does not really answer that question.
More stabbings on 22:56 - Aug 13 with 543 viewscontroversial_jack

More stabbings on 19:01 - Aug 13 by onehunglow

I have .

Glad to help

I don't believe you
More stabbings on 23:14 - Aug 13 with 536 viewsBoundy

More stabbings on 22:56 - Aug 13 by controversial_jack

I don't believe you

No one cares.

More stabbings on 08:26 - Aug 14 with 492 viewsonehunglow

More stabbings on 22:56 - Aug 13 by controversial_jack

I don't believe you

I’m relieved

More stabbings on 09:39 - Aug 14 with 477 viewsBoundy

More stabbings on 08:26 - Aug 14 by onehunglow

I’m relieved

I hope not over him

More stabbings on 09:43 - Aug 14 with 470 viewsonehunglow

More stabbings on 09:39 - Aug 14 by Boundy

I hope not over him

Behave

More stabbings on 10:34 - Aug 14 with 444 viewsGwyn737

More stabbings on 21:57 - Aug 13 by AnotherJohn

One really concerning thing is that reports say the attacker had no connection to the woman and child, who were tourists. I doubt if this is about religious extremism. If it is mental health there seems to be a lot about, and the multi-victim stabbing attacks in particular seem to be linked to persons of non-UK heritage. I suppose we will hear more about possible motives in due course, but in several of these cases the sparse reportage does not really answer that question.

All excellent points.

I’d add that if we added a list of all the other perpetrators to the foreign ones in the thread, there’d still be something in common - they’re practically all male.

The Times leads to day with a story on the massive increase in ADHD and ASD diagnosis over the last few years and it’s heavily weighted to males.

It’s incredibly worrying that we don’t really know why this is happening.
More stabbings on 11:27 - Aug 14 with 424 viewsonehunglow

More stabbings on 10:34 - Aug 14 by Gwyn737

All excellent points.

I’d add that if we added a list of all the other perpetrators to the foreign ones in the thread, there’d still be something in common - they’re practically all male.

The Times leads to day with a story on the massive increase in ADHD and ASD diagnosis over the last few years and it’s heavily weighted to males.

It’s incredibly worrying that we don’t really know why this is happening.

Well,what’s happening and what has happened is that we have loved into the country all sorts of freak shows,chances ,nutters and career criminals .
Albanian run much of the drugs business and little if any care is taken into examining just who is coming here .
The break up of the filthy Eastern Bloc is a prime cause of increased criminality here as life is cheaper there and they bring that attitude here

This is no surprise ,or it shouldn’t be . But it is. We didn’t see it coming . Successive governments have allowed this to unfold under our noses .

We have not the guts to deal with it

More stabbings on 18:18 - Aug 14 with 342 viewscontroversial_jack

More stabbings on 08:26 - Aug 14 by onehunglow

I’m relieved

He wouldn't. trust me on that!
More stabbings on 18:39 - Aug 14 with 306 viewsKeithHaynes

More stabbings on 21:57 - Aug 13 by AnotherJohn

A random attack, no reasoning and not known, that’s appalling. The govt need to sanction the use and carrying of licensed pepper spray for unconvicted adults over the age of 21. The rest of Europe in the main does. I do, and it worked really well in France.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024