Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More stabbings 13:30 - Aug 12 with 12374 viewsKeithHaynes

An 11-year-old girl and a 34-year-old woman have been stabbed in London's Leicester Square.

The Metropolitan Police said they have been taken to hospital but their condition is not yet known.

A man has been arrested and is in custody.

The Met Police said in a statement posted on X: "We don't believe there are any outstanding suspects."

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

More stabbings on 20:53 - Aug 26 with 860 viewshowenjack

More stabbings on 20:36 - Aug 26 by Whiterockin

That's probably pretty much how a black person felt in a predominantly white crowd over the years..

Perhaps but the facts speak for themselves 145 arrests so far this year . People fighting for their lives in some cases. 10 ambulance workers assaulted. Inspector Neville ex Met. Insists its the ultimate in 2 tier policing.
Theres an air of foreboding no matter how you want to dress it up. If football had these sort of figures every week the game would be banned.
More stabbings on 21:00 - Aug 26 with 819 viewsWhiterockin

More stabbings on 20:53 - Aug 26 by howenjack

Perhaps but the facts speak for themselves 145 arrests so far this year . People fighting for their lives in some cases. 10 ambulance workers assaulted. Inspector Neville ex Met. Insists its the ultimate in 2 tier policing.
Theres an air of foreboding no matter how you want to dress it up. If football had these sort of figures every week the game would be banned.

Look I'm not saying it's OK, but a million people attend Notting Hill Carnival, compare that to say Glastonbury which is predominantly white, are the numbers that different. Even a small festival like Boardmasters there are rapes, knifing, assaults, arrests ect. It's the way the world is now, do you want to ban everything.
More stabbings on 21:01 - Aug 26 with 811 viewsScotia

More stabbings on 20:26 - Aug 26 by howenjack

Ive been to the Notting Hill carnival .
As a minority in the midst of a Jamaican themed carnival You never really felt at ease in my opinion . Large groups with loud behaviour can be intimidating and you felt the "wrong"look can be the catalyst for pretty.much anything.

And people wonder why there aren't any gay footballers.
More stabbings on 21:53 - Aug 26 with 741 viewsWingstandwood

More stabbings on 14:43 - Aug 26 by Flashberryjack

If the carnival was a white cultural event rather than Caribbean culture, it would have been banned years ago.

It is indeed an event notorious for its trouble and violence, but yet is allowed to continue. If a pub had an equal reputation it would be shut as part of the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014? The police and local authority have the power to close a venue down instantly if they think it is the cause of anti-social behaviour, disorder or nuisance.

How many stabbings and Section 60's at other U.K events by comparrison?

Argus!

More stabbings on 21:56 - Aug 26 with 728 viewshowenjack

More stabbings on 21:01 - Aug 26 by Scotia

?? Thomas Hitzelsberger , Fashanu .
Have you been to the Notting Hill carnival ?
More stabbings on 22:01 - Aug 26 with 701 viewsScotia

More stabbings on 21:56 - Aug 26 by howenjack

?? Thomas Hitzelsberger , Fashanu .
Have you been to the Notting Hill carnival ?

Both came out after retiring.

Yes I have. Didn't particularly enjoy it to be honest.
More stabbings on 22:34 - Aug 26 with 663 viewsmajorraglan

More stabbings on 19:44 - Aug 26 by Scotia

I wonder how many contributors have actually been to the Notting Hill carnival?

Not many by the looks of things.
I went there with a few mates about 25 years ago when I was a lot younger. There were lots of floats, dancers, bands and food stalls in the day and the place was really really busy. Lots of people having fun and enjoying themselves. I can’t say that I enjoyed the experience and as the day wore on I became more uncomfortable as the dynamic was changing and it was more edgy.
I was a young man from south west wales which was a predominantly white community up in the big smoke, in an environment which was very multicultural and something I wasn’t used to. I can completely understand it if people from minority communities, or marginalised groups feel uncomfortable in overwhelmingly white areas.
[Post edited 27 Aug 0:54]
More stabbings on 23:12 - Aug 26 with 631 viewsLuther27

More stabbings on 21:00 - Aug 26 by Whiterockin

Look I'm not saying it's OK, but a million people attend Notting Hill Carnival, compare that to say Glastonbury which is predominantly white, are the numbers that different. Even a small festival like Boardmasters there are rapes, knifing, assaults, arrests ect. It's the way the world is now, do you want to ban everything.

Thing is the festivals you’ve mentioned don’t take 7000 police to make sure they remain fluffy bunnies and friendly like Notting Hill.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Login to get fewer ads

More stabbings on 23:18 - Aug 26 with 628 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

A million people attend football matches every week in the uk. If there were three stabbings, widespread looting, criminal damage and sexual assaults every weekend the government would have something to say about it,

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

More stabbings on 00:23 - Aug 27 with 609 viewsRobbie

Not been to London Central since the late 80s , closest approach now for me is Wembley .

Yet my daughter loves it there , Camden Town is her go to area when visiting there .
Covent Garden is another favourite for her to dine out , ÂŁ7.50 for a pint though .

London is not for me , Swansea City Centre is not for me either , or Neath to add .

Swansea and Neath have both got zombies on the streets high on spice and more .

In them places I can walk away past them , ignoring them as a minor probiem to me .

Many event , as mentioned earlier Glastonbury you will get troublemakers and villians .
Goes with the audience and that culture there , bottom line will be substance useage .

Notting Hill Carnival stabbings as headline news on the tele , lets drop it down to the third or forth topic to be broadcast , and lets put a positive spln on the good news from there .

Dancing girls in traditional costumes and many smiling faces on screen follows on .

Lets keep the tinderbox of the UK at the moment under control , its party time hey .
More stabbings on 05:02 - Aug 27 with 517 viewsScotia

It's more like a million each day, so two million people in total at Notting Hill.

Glastonbury used to be absolutely rife with crime and drugs are openly used there are ten times fewer people at Glastonbury than Notting Hill. There isn't as much crime there nowadays because it's difficult to get tickets.

I agree it's not ideal, no free for all event attended by millions of people will be, but if it wasn't for the community involved nobody would be calling for it to be banned.
More stabbings on 08:52 - Aug 27 with 472 viewsonehunglow

More stabbings on 22:34 - Aug 26 by majorraglan

I went there with a few mates about 25 years ago when I was a lot younger. There were lots of floats, dancers, bands and food stalls in the day and the place was really really busy. Lots of people having fun and enjoying themselves. I can’t say that I enjoyed the experience and as the day wore on I became more uncomfortable as the dynamic was changing and it was more edgy.
I was a young man from south west wales which was a predominantly white community up in the big smoke, in an environment which was very multicultural and something I wasn’t used to. I can completely understand it if people from minority communities, or marginalised groups feel uncomfortable in overwhelmingly white areas.

And it’s why people from an overwhelmingly white area such as soi5 west Wales are t really qualified to comment on inner city diversity .
Most white people are very uncomfortable with it but cannot express so.
That is how our country has changed
It ain’t for the better

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

More stabbings on 09:53 - Aug 27 with 450 viewsAnotherJohn

More stabbings on 22:34 - Aug 26 by majorraglan

That is a very honest account. I wonder though whether it hints at one of the big problems of mass immigration: the tendency for some incomers to want to recreate aspects of the societies they left behind and concentrate in areas which then become uncomfortable for the host population. Of course, this then provokes a counter-reaction. Some would probably say that if certain migrants feel uncomfortable in predominantly white communities then it would be better all round for them to settle in countries more like those they left. After all it is they who chose to come. The other angle is that this may also partly explain why many of the recent problems occur with second generation immigrants; they did not choose to come.
[Post edited 27 Aug 10:03]
More stabbings on 11:08 - Aug 27 with 416 viewspencoedjack

More stabbings on 14:43 - Aug 26 by Flashberryjack

If the carnival was a white cultural event rather than Caribbean culture, it would have been banned years ago.

Are white people allowed to do anything on mass anymore?

Any large gathering of white people seems to class them all as far right.

Our country is f****d caused by left-wing do-gooders who will soon get the country they deserve.
More stabbings on 11:36 - Aug 27 with 412 viewsBoundy

More stabbings on 19:44 - Aug 26 by Scotia

I wonder how many contributors have actually been to the Notting Hill carnival?

Have you ? I suppose the official reports of drug dealing and assault including stabbings is just a figment of those nasty far right media types .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

More stabbings on 11:36 - Aug 27 with 410 viewsBoundy

More stabbings on 21:01 - Aug 26 by Scotia

No one cares maybe ?
[Post edited 27 Aug 11:37]

More stabbings on 13:10 - Aug 27 with 349 viewsScotia

More stabbings on 11:36 - Aug 27 by Boundy

Have you ? I suppose the official reports of drug dealing and assault including stabbings is just a figment of those nasty far right media types .

Yes.

And no it's not. However it's not massively different to any other gathering of people. Baring in mind it's free and doesn't even need a licence.
More stabbings on 13:12 - Aug 27 with 346 viewsScotia

More stabbings on 11:36 - Aug 27 by Boundy

No one cares maybe ?
[Post edited 27 Aug 11:37]

Which is exactly how it should be.
More stabbings on 13:13 - Aug 27 with 346 viewsBoundy

More stabbings on 13:10 - Aug 27 by Scotia

Yes.

And no it's not. However it's not massively different to any other gathering of people. Baring in mind it's free and doesn't even need a licence.

What other major annual gathering can you garentee stabbings will occur and I mean plural, every year mot one offs .

More stabbings on 13:24 - Aug 27 with 328 viewsonehunglow

More stabbings on 11:08 - Aug 27 by pencoedjack

Are white people allowed to do anything on mass anymore?

Any large gathering of white people seems to class them all as far right.

Our country is f****d caused by left-wing do-gooders who will soon get the country they deserve.

Sorry but the majority of people in this country would rather eat their own entrails than be within 20 mls of this cesspit of drug dealing scum and pitifully attired people celebrating just what ?
This is Britain not Barbuda .
It’s all rather hypocritical to me
7000 police involved for this

More stabbings on 13:32 - Aug 27 with 321 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Anyone remember the video of Notting Hill a few years ago where a bloke traps a young female police officer up against the railings and proceeds to dry hump her whilst her colleagues stand by laughing?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

More stabbings on 13:47 - Aug 27 with 309 viewsScotia

More stabbings on 13:13 - Aug 27 by Boundy

What other major annual gathering can you garentee stabbings will occur and I mean plural, every year mot one offs .

None. Nobody is trying to hide the fact that knife crime is an issue in the black community.

But the number of arrests per capita is less than an event like Glastonbury.
More stabbings on 13:58 - Aug 27 with 294 viewscontroversial_jack

More stabbings on 13:32 - Aug 27 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Anyone remember the video of Notting Hill a few years ago where a bloke traps a young female police officer up against the railings and proceeds to dry hump her whilst her colleagues stand by laughing?

It doesn't say much about her authority and physical presence if she allowed that
More stabbings on 14:03 - Aug 27 with 287 viewsonehunglow

More stabbings on 13:47 - Aug 27 by Scotia

None. Nobody is trying to hide the fact that knife crime is an issue in the black community.

Well,yes they really are.
It’s a culture in the Caribbean than has been imported over the years .
The Empire was the worst thing we have ever had
Taking over lands for their wealth to benefit a few here
Most folk here didn’t benefit at all.
My Gid,how we are suffering for it now .

More stabbings on 14:23 - Aug 27 with 253 viewsAnotherJohn

More stabbings on 13:47 - Aug 27 by Scotia

Unless you know something I don't that seems incorrect.

Glastonbury 2023

35 arrests (includes surrounding roads etc).
27 thefts, 20 drug offences and seven sexual assaults. No stabbings.
Attendance 475000

Rate arrests per million attendees = 73.675

Notting Hill Carnival 2023
275 arrests
8 stabbings - Wide range of other offences
https://www.met.police.uk/foi-ai/metropolitan-police/disclosure-2023/october-202
Attendance c2,000,000

Rate arrests per million attendees = 137.5

Nor does it look any better this year

Carnival 2024 (provisional)
8 stabbings
330 arrests
About 2 million attendees.

Where did I go wrong?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024