Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 129117 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 11:15 - Oct 23 with 2279 viewsCamberleyR

Ainsworth on 11:12 - Oct 23 by Wegerles_Stairs

JFH inherited a decent set up from his predecessor at Burton.

McClaren is a better coach than manager. I wasn't aware he managed a team to the Champions League final.

Ainsworth is a good manager of a pub team.

I think Bazza meant a 'European final'.

He got Middlesbrough to the UEFA Cup final in 2005-06, i.e a 'European' cup final rather than a 'European Cup final' aka Champions League.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 11:19]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ainsworth on 11:25 - Oct 23 with 2207 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 11:13 - Oct 23 by TK1

It's just not true! No need to dig up threads, look at the tables:

Finished:

18/19: 19th
19/20: 13th
20/21: 9th (9th!)
21/22: 11th
22/23: 20th

It's last season. Last season was terrible. We know why. And we've made it worse this year by allowing this guy to keep digging down. It was obviously not bad at all with the guy who finished 13th, 9th and 11th and for some reason got the boot on the back of a bad run. You may recall 'plenty calling for his head'. I remember people being quite bemused and surprised by it, in real life.

The manager makes a huge, defining difference at EVERY club. Show me a successful team with an average manger. Yes, we need a DOF and all the rest. But above all, you need the right person in charge of the first team.

We can't just shrug ourselves down saying 'it's QPR, whole thing is crap, first team coach is great - we're crap'. I don't believe that. A good, smart, experienced coach keeps us up in a very average division. Come on now.

‘A good, smart, experienced coach keeps us up in a very average division’

No they don’t! It doesn’t matter who the coach is or what their record is, that’s my point! Why did we sack all of these coaches if we wasn’t heading for oblivion every time!
Ainsworth on 11:28 - Oct 23 with 2188 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth on 11:25 - Oct 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

No they don’t! It doesn’t matter who the coach is or what their record is, that’s my point! Why did we sack all of these coaches if we wasn’t heading for oblivion every time!

The lowest position of all of them was the one that wasn't fired and is still in charge
Ainsworth on 11:31 - Oct 23 with 2174 viewsHoopsie

Can I conclude you would rather keep Ainsworth going into oblivion?

Don’t even want to try staying up?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Ainsworth on 11:34 - Oct 23 with 2164 viewsPhilmyRs

The coaches weren't sacked because we were heading for relegation, they were sacked because they didn't meet the play off challenge that the board ludicrously expected. When Critchley was dismissed, it was because the Board could see the play-off push was effectively gone.

We have no game plan, we got battered last season against teams that finished below us in must win games, we turn up against Coventry and play a left back at right back on debut when we have 2 right backs on the bench. We have no pattern of play or structure to what we do. We give up goals for fun yet you think GA is no worse than others we've had because of the calibre of player he has available to him. You're now using Ossie Kakay, a player I think you've spoken quite positively on before, as evidence of the Poor quality GA has at his disposal.

I know you nailed yourself to the GA is the right man a while ago, but there's only so much rubbish we can take. He's been given more time than a lot more Managers - Ramsey, JFH, Neil Critchley - and he's been a resounding failure.
Ainsworth on 11:39 - Oct 23 with 2135 viewsTK1

We sacked Warburton after finishing 13th, 9th and 11th. We weren't 'heading for oblivion'.

I'm not sure what you're even arguing. We clearly weren't heading for oblivion ahead of any sacking since the Premier L relegation. We've been a stable Championship club for nearly a decade. What you're saying is just not true. The fact is that a good, experienced, smart manager *has* kept us up in a very average division every year since we came down. Most have been sacked not because we're 'heading for oblivion' but because we're not heading for the play-offs.

Do you really think a good manager doesn't make a difference?
Ainsworth on 11:46 - Oct 23 with 2064 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 11:39 - Oct 23 by TK1

We sacked Warburton after finishing 13th, 9th and 11th. We weren't 'heading for oblivion'.

I'm not sure what you're even arguing. We clearly weren't heading for oblivion ahead of any sacking since the Premier L relegation. We've been a stable Championship club for nearly a decade. What you're saying is just not true. The fact is that a good, experienced, smart manager *has* kept us up in a very average division every year since we came down. Most have been sacked not because we're 'heading for oblivion' but because we're not heading for the play-offs.

Do you really think a good manager doesn't make a difference?

Sort of.

I’m saying good managers, including Warburton, wont make it at QPR because of the overall culture and shifting goalposts.

Ainsworth, in a well structured, stable environment, would not have us in 21st place.

I can’t answer you all at once, but it’s likely Ainsworth is done, but I want you to mark my words that whoever is next, barring a miracle you’ll hate him eventually too.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 11:52]
Ainsworth on 11:56 - Oct 23 with 2009 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth on 11:46 - Oct 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sort of.

I’m saying good managers, including Warburton, wont make it at QPR because of the overall culture and shifting goalposts.

Ainsworth, in a well structured, stable environment, would not have us in 21st place.

I can’t answer you all at once, but it’s likely Ainsworth is done, but I want you to mark my words that whoever is next, barring a miracle you’ll hate him eventually too.

Sadly that's true of pretty much any manager.

I mean some of our fans even wanted Warnock out!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 12:02 - Oct 23 with 1957 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yes, they do.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on 12:02 - Oct 23 with 1956 viewsTK1

Sort of.

I'll have to take your word for it because there is literally no evidence that he can coach a Championship team to a higher place in a decade of coaching, nor has there been another club at this level willing to test your theory. I doubt there ever will be one because we all have the evidence of his work in front of us. But let's see.

Meanwhile, QPR have not been managed to such a position in 15+ years. I don't think that is a coincidence that it's happening now, nor is it an inevitable place for us as a club. It wasn't in May 2022. It just wasn't.
Ainsworth on 12:04 - Oct 23 with 1940 viewsHoopsie

Sort of.

The problem with Ainsworth is the football, there’s no game plan, formation or tactics.

Give him stability, give him structure, give him Messi or Ronaldo, he will still hoof it up the channels

Ainsworth on 12:06 - Oct 23 with 1912 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 12:02 - Oct 23 by TK1

I'll have to take your word for it because there is literally no evidence that he can coach a Championship team to a higher place in a decade of coaching, nor has there been another club at this level willing to test your theory. I doubt there ever will be one because we all have the evidence of his work in front of us. But let's see.

Meanwhile, QPR have not been managed to such a position in 15+ years. I don't think that is a coincidence that it's happening now, nor is it an inevitable place for us as a club. It wasn't in May 2022. It just wasn't.

'QPR have not been managed to such a position in 15+ years'

We were literally 20th in February.
Ainsworth on 12:09 - Oct 23 with 1887 viewsNorthantsHoop

Sort of.

He would have us in 24th place, he's been found out like the rest of them currently in hooped shirts they are just not good enough and are stealing a living off all fee paying fans home and away. League 1 will be an even harder watch as this lot are so poor they won't survive there.
Ainsworth on 12:11 - Oct 23 with 1857 viewsCamberleyR

Ainsworth on 12:06 - Oct 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

'QPR have not been managed to such a position in 15+ years'

We were literally 20th in February.

We were 17th when Ainsworth took over, eight points clear.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-championship/20-february-2023/

Ainsworth on 12:21 - Oct 23 with 1783 viewsHoopsie

Ainsworth on 12:11 - Oct 23 by CamberleyR

We were 17th when Ainsworth took over, eight points clear.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-championship/20-february-2023/

Yes, Critchley left us at 17th

Ainsworth first match 3-1 loss to Blackburn we were down to 18th

We were 20th on match 35, 5 march 2022, after beaten by Rotherham 3-1.

So, literally, Ainsworth sank us a new low, for the first time, last season, down to 20th
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 12:23]

Ainsworth on 12:25 - Oct 23 with 1764 viewsNorthernr

I've been saying for years that if you keep changing the manager without ever improving then the manager isn't really your problem. I said Warburton did a decent job overall and shouldn't have been sacked. The problems at QPR are all above the manager's head. Those problems have now manifested in a team that is always going to struggle to stay in this league, because it needs improving in every area but mismanagement means there is no money to do that and because there are no goals in the team.

However, Ainsworth is sadly out of his depth. I don't know if somebody else would keep us up, so poor is the team, but we'd surely stand a better chance. Some of the stuff he's doing and saying is nuts now.
Ainsworth on 12:28 - Oct 23 with 1726 viewsCamberleyR

Ainsworth on 12:25 - Oct 23 by Northernr

I've been saying for years that if you keep changing the manager without ever improving then the manager isn't really your problem. I said Warburton did a decent job overall and shouldn't have been sacked. The problems at QPR are all above the manager's head. Those problems have now manifested in a team that is always going to struggle to stay in this league, because it needs improving in every area but mismanagement means there is no money to do that and because there are no goals in the team.

However, Ainsworth is sadly out of his depth. I don't know if somebody else would keep us up, so poor is the team, but we'd surely stand a better chance. Some of the stuff he's doing and saying is nuts now.

To be honest I haven't listened to one of his pre match or post match interviews for ages now, is he at Olly second spell levels of bonkers yet?

Ainsworth on 12:39 - Oct 23 with 1650 viewsSK_hoops

There are managers out there who, bare minimum, would get the best out of Chair and Willock. Just like Warnock did with Taraabt. OK, with Willock, the jury is out as it may be injury related, but still... and, I'm sorry, but Beale and Chritchley still had Chair, Field, Willock (Albeit, not being played atm) and Dozzell in midfield and we weren't getting carved open like a hot knife through butter.
Ainsworth on 12:39 - Oct 23 with 1649 viewsmart_Goblin

Ainsworth on 12:25 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Exactly this . Agree with every word.

To leave us with this squad over the past couple of years and these players to keep us in the division is negligent.
I see people say that our first 11 is decent. But when does the first 11 ever play ? Not often and Warburtons injury crisis, Crawley last summer, our slump at the beginning of the year , pre season this, and then Watford …were all huge red flags that our squad wasn’t good enough . Its been left to fester and rot and that can’t all be put on GA. But don’t bullshit us and say you are “happy with what I’ve got” on deadline day!!!
He is either over thinking things beyond comprehension or just bereft of any clue how to set this team up.
To stick with him now is madness beyond which this club has been before which is truly saying something, despite being against everything I believe and that’s in general , sticking with managers through rough patches .
Ainsworth on 12:48 - Oct 23 with 1590 viewsQPRConor2000

According to Darren Witcoop of the Mirror, Ainsworth has been given the next three games or else hes very likely to be sacked before the international break.

Our next three games are West Brom away, Leicester home and Rotherham away.
Ainsworth on 12:53 - Oct 23 with 1563 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on 12:48 - Oct 23 by QPRConor2000

According to Darren Witcoop of the Mirror, Ainsworth has been given the next three games or else hes very likely to be sacked before the international break.

Somebody on here predicted Rotherham A as his last game before the season started I think - DaveB maybe?
Ainsworth on 12:53 - Oct 23 with 1559 viewsHayesender

Ainsworth on 12:48 - Oct 23 by QPRConor2000

Rotherham will be the most must win game of must win games. I'd rather trust Harold Shipman with my medical check than Ainsworth with that game

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ainsworth on 13:09 - Oct 23 with 1467 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth on 12:53 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Somebody on here predicted Rotherham A as his last game before the season started I think - DaveB maybe?

yeah called that when the fixtures came out, think someone else said it as well
Ainsworth on 13:10 - Oct 23 with 1460 viewsCamberleyR

Leicester are going to give us the mother of all gob bummings so my prediction is after that game. Leicester are still amazingly only 2-1 on to beat us.

Ainsworth on 13:20 - Oct 23 with 1410 viewsterryb

Sort of.

I have to say Baz, that I'm in admiration of your continual support for Gareth Ainsworth & in believing that he is a good manager. It took quite a lot of work to make WW the most despired club in League One, but he achieved that!

Personally I feel that he doesn't even rate as a reasonable manager, but I accept that I'm biased against anything that comes out of that place in South Bucks!

What does astonish me though, is your claim that he would be the right man to lead us in L1 due to his promotion record & ignoring his relegations. People point to the lack of points deduction for Derby as the reason for going down from The Championship. A valid point, but no more so than reaching the play offs due to points per game, when their games in hand were all against the top sides in L1.

If nothing else, his inability to react while a game is in progress (Dobson & Hall just as guilty) is more than enough reason to believe that a different person in charge MIGHT produce better results.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024