Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 129467 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 10:19 - Oct 20 with 3833 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth on 10:16 - Oct 20 by Hayesender

Have you heard his latest ramblings? Its better to be in the bottom three now, than drop into it on the last day.

Someone please make him stop!

Er well yeah there's managing expectations and then...

Surely easier just to say we need to move up the table?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth on 11:51 - Oct 20 with 3703 viewsTK1

Ainsworth on 10:16 - Oct 20 by Hayesender

Have you heard his latest ramblings? Its better to be in the bottom three now, than drop into it on the last day.

Someone please make him stop!

I love the bit where he was talking about the games where we've exceeded expectations, surprised people, such as Middlesborough, Cardiff and...Ipswich, before suddenly remembering we lost to Ipswich and then trying to characterise it as some kind of moral victory, losing at home 0-1.

The whole interview is desperate, embarrassing stuff.
Ainsworth on 12:09 - Oct 20 with 3624 viewsRuislipHoop

Ainsworth on 11:51 - Oct 20 by TK1

I love the bit where he was talking about the games where we've exceeded expectations, surprised people, such as Middlesborough, Cardiff and...Ipswich, before suddenly remembering we lost to Ipswich and then trying to characterise it as some kind of moral victory, losing at home 0-1.

The whole interview is desperate, embarrassing stuff.

He is delusional,competitive,don’t know wot he’s been watching but it’s not wot I’ve been watching.
Ainsworth on 12:11 - Oct 20 with 3601 viewstraininvain

Give him a few more months and it’ll be ‘all about not finishing 3rd in the mini division in the bottom three’.
Ainsworth on 12:14 - Oct 20 with 3594 viewsSilverfoxqpr

It's been said a 101 times, nice bloke and all that and comes across as genuine but just looks a bit lost quite honestly. You can't spend 3 minutes making excuses about the three recent losses then sum up by saying but 'I'm not making excuses'. I mean FFS Gareth listen to yourself!
Ainsworth on 12:26 - Oct 20 with 3502 viewsPhildo

It’s all gone a bit late stage Holloway.
Ainsworth on 12:27 - Oct 20 with 3492 viewsfrancisbowles

It's really not a good idea to pay any attention to what Gareth says in the interviews that he HAS to give and HAS to try and sound positive.

Pretty much the same goes for nearly all interviews with players and managers etc.
Ainsworth on 12:56 - Oct 20 with 3381 viewsMonkey_Roots

I believe that QPR and <insert manager> are very much akin to the fable about the scorpion and the frog.

QPR need to improve – we need to get across that river – we approach <insert manager> to help us get there. <insert manager> says 'but you'll hurt my career'( sting me), and we say 'don't be daft, if we do that, we'll only hurt ourselves'... the inevitable happens and QPR drown the poor sod, and as <insert manager> is gasping for air, we shrug and say 'Hey, we're QPR, it's what we do'.

At other clubs, the frog leaves the scorpion, or the frog dives under and drowns the scorpion out of fear of being stung. Maybe the scorpion waits until they've crossed to sting the frog. Maybe, they both get across unscathed... at QPR though, we both drown.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 13:21 - Oct 20 with 3258 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth on 12:27 - Oct 20 by francisbowles

It's really not a good idea to pay any attention to what Gareth says in the interviews that he HAS to give and HAS to try and sound positive.

Pretty much the same goes for nearly all interviews with players and managers etc.

Correct, I don't bother listening unfortunately.

Walk the walk, not talk the talk.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth on 17:15 - Oct 21 with 2877 viewsted_hendrix

Still here fiffing and faffing around and talking crap.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ainsworth on 17:27 - Oct 21 with 2774 views08olesen

Anyone going to put their neck out and say he should carry on?

Warnock get down here and save us!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ainsworth on 17:30 - Oct 21 with 2739 viewsHayesender

Oh look who's put their head above the water

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ainsworth on 17:40 - Oct 21 with 2650 viewsgazza1

GA must still be here because of money.....he really has not got much of an understanding of the game at this level.

Taking Colbeck off today, who was playing quite well today and a couple of others I do not understand why he would do that.
Ainsworth on 17:48 - Oct 21 with 2506 viewsmart_Goblin

Ainsworth on 17:40 - Oct 21 by gazza1

GA must still be here because of money.....he really has not got much of an understanding of the game at this level.

Taking Colbeck off today, who was playing quite well today and a couple of others I do not understand why he would do that.

He either over thinks situations to the point he disappears up his own back side or is completely incompetent
Ainsworth on 17:56 - Oct 21 with 2380 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Ainsworth on 17:30 - Oct 21 by Hayesender

Oh look who's put their head above the water

I've reached the point that I'd actually have him back. Some on here say the club should have some pride, but we are now being humiliated and becoming a laughing stock.

I'm saying it. Beale back!
Ainsworth on 18:02 - Oct 21 with 2292 viewsSimonJames

Ainsworth on 17:56 - Oct 21 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I've reached the point that I'd actually have him back. Some on here say the club should have some pride, but we are now being humiliated and becoming a laughing stock.

What, instead of Warnock or Eustace (or even Rowett)?

Besides being a sneaky scumbag, he's still not completed a whole season as a manager yet.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 18:03]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Ainsworth on 18:05 - Oct 21 with 2215 viewsknocker

He's truly deluded. Says today was a transformation. Just go for christ sake
Ainsworth on 18:18 - Oct 21 with 2123 viewsclivewilsonscalves

Ainsworth is so clearly out of his depth as a manager. So much so that he has Dobson (the tactical one apparently). The pair need to go. This team is good enough to stay up. Striker situation is dire but Ainsworth went on record saying he didn’t want anymore players in and was very happy with the squad. It’s embarrassing watching the teams he roles out. Takes Armstrong off, which I didn’t have an issue with, only to put Smyth upfront by himself, whist the rest of the team still punt it long. Then decides to actually put a striker on and Smyth has to run up to him to ask where he’s playing now…. Goalie as a captain is an awful idea. Should be Cook or Colback all day long. Colback was in the ref's ear right from the off and actually looks like he's as annoyed as I am... Kakay makes the same mistakes game after game, but still gets a start. Ainsworth’s quoted as saying he doesn’t see Reggie Cannon as a defender, but more attacking… It’s beggars belief. The constant “I”m so positive” line is the act of a daft loon…. We win a game and he starts talking about promotion. Delusional.

It’s utter madness - you can see the players are frustrated because they aren’t being managed properly. I can’t feel sorry for someone that’s so constantly poor at their job. In any other work place in the world he would be moved on.

The whole “which manager would come to us” isn’t an argument. The club could get a manger in and pay and structure their pay over 5 years. Warnock would accept that as he’s hardly scratching around each month to make ends meet. There must be a clause in managers contracts that negate huge payouts if they don’t get results.

I understand this is not a popular opinion but I would have Beale back in a second. He made it clear to the board that he wouldn’t turn down a move to Rangers. He did speak to Wolves, but who wouldn’t speak to another employer if they were offering more than your current employer. There is no loyalty in football. Right now it’s about staying in the Championship at any cost because if we go down we won’t be coming up.

The board have to do something unless they want us to drop down a level. Which Amit didn’t seem too keen on when mentioned in the fans forum.

“It looked for all the world like we we were going to score..’ No it absolutely did not. What game were you watching?

“We’ve had crosses flash across their… “ weird noise, realises that we didn’t… changes the subject…

Stop gaslighting us. So boring now.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 18:18]
Ainsworth on 18:20 - Oct 21 with 2093 viewsflynnbo

Ainsworth on 18:18 - Oct 21 by clivewilsonscalves

Ainsworth is so clearly out of his depth as a manager. So much so that he has Dobson (the tactical one apparently). The pair need to go. This team is good enough to stay up. Striker situation is dire but Ainsworth went on record saying he didn’t want anymore players in and was very happy with the squad. It’s embarrassing watching the teams he roles out. Takes Armstrong off, which I didn’t have an issue with, only to put Smyth upfront by himself, whist the rest of the team still punt it long. Then decides to actually put a striker on and Smyth has to run up to him to ask where he’s playing now…. Goalie as a captain is an awful idea. Should be Cook or Colback all day long. Colback was in the ref's ear right from the off and actually looks like he's as annoyed as I am... Kakay makes the same mistakes game after game, but still gets a start. Ainsworth’s quoted as saying he doesn’t see Reggie Cannon as a defender, but more attacking… It’s beggars belief. The constant “I”m so positive” line is the act of a daft loon…. We win a game and he starts talking about promotion. Delusional.

It’s utter madness - you can see the players are frustrated because they aren’t being managed properly. I can’t feel sorry for someone that’s so constantly poor at their job. In any other work place in the world he would be moved on.

The whole “which manager would come to us” isn’t an argument. The club could get a manger in and pay and structure their pay over 5 years. Warnock would accept that as he’s hardly scratching around each month to make ends meet. There must be a clause in managers contracts that negate huge payouts if they don’t get results.

I understand this is not a popular opinion but I would have Beale back in a second. He made it clear to the board that he wouldn’t turn down a move to Rangers. He did speak to Wolves, but who wouldn’t speak to another employer if they were offering more than your current employer. There is no loyalty in football. Right now it’s about staying in the Championship at any cost because if we go down we won’t be coming up.

The board have to do something unless they want us to drop down a level. Which Amit didn’t seem too keen on when mentioned in the fans forum.

“It looked for all the world like we we were going to score..’ No it absolutely did not. What game were you watching?

“We’ve had crosses flash across their… “ weird noise, realises that we didn’t… changes the subject…

Stop gaslighting us. So boring now.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 18:18]

I was with you until the 4th paragraph.
Ainsworth on 18:20 - Oct 21 with 2084 viewsSonofpugwash

Ainsworth on 17:56 - Oct 21 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Beale Back Better...

No
No
No
In that order.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Ainsworth on 18:23 - Oct 21 with 2055 viewsclivewilsonscalves

Ainsworth on 18:20 - Oct 21 by flynnbo

haha - fair enough.
Ainsworth on 19:11 - Oct 21 with 1862 viewsOldPedro

Ainsworth on 18:20 - Oct 21 by flynnbo

Same - agreed apart from the Beale bit

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Ainsworth on 19:23 - Oct 21 with 1783 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 17:27 - Oct 21 by 08olesen

Anyone going to put their neck out and say he should carry on?

Warnock get down here and save us!

I’ll put my neck out and say he should stay on.

Don’t mistake that for praise or a signal I think he’s doing a good job. I just think he should stay on until the following questions are answered:

1) Who will replace him?
2) Why is that person coming to QPR?

Question 2) particularly important. Anyone stupid enough or cheap enough to take the job won’t be good enough. There is a set of managers who just take jobs so they can get the release fee after they are sacked (I’m looking at you Steve Bruce).

Sadly, this is the pond we are fishing in.

Personally, barring a miracle, I think we will be relegated. I want Ainsworth in charge of that scenario on the basis of his record of lower league promotions. If we went down with anyone else in charge he’d be the name we’d be calling for.

I hope my logic makes sense!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 19:25]
Ainsworth on 19:26 - Oct 21 with 1762 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ainsworth on 19:23 - Oct 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Don’t mistake that for praise or a signal I think he’s doing a good job. I just think he should stay on until the following questions are answered:

1) Who will replace him?

Question 2) particularly important. Anyone stupid enough or cheap enough to take the job won’t be good enough. There is a set of managers who just take jobs so they can get the release fee after they are sacked (I’m looking at you Steve Bruce).

Personally, barring a miracle, I think we will be relegated. I want Ainsworth in charge of that scenario on the basis of his record of lower league promotions. If we went down with anyone else in charge he’d be the name we’d be calling for.

You'd honestly take another six months of this?
Ainsworth on 19:35 - Oct 21 with 1718 viewsPunteR

Ainsworth on 19:23 - Oct 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

1) Who will replace him?

There's no logic in keeping Ainsworth on.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024