Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 129113 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 07:48 - Oct 25 with 3479 viewstraininvain

Does anyone genuinely believe that Ainsworth has a better chance of keeping us up than Warnock?
Ainsworth on 07:52 - Oct 25 with 3438 viewsHooparoo

Ainsworth on 07:48 - Oct 25 by traininvain

Does anyone genuinely believe that Ainsworth has a better chance of keeping us up than Warnock?

No

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Ainsworth on 08:03 - Oct 25 with 3395 viewsChrisNW6

If we sack Ainsworth and his coaching team and bring in a new management team, I am guessing this would almost gaurantee a FFP penalty and points deduction.

We would probably have to sell in January to balance the books and further weaken the squad.
Ainsworth on 09:19 - Oct 25 with 3255 viewsR_from_afar

Ainsworth on 08:03 - Oct 25 by ChrisNW6

If we sack Ainsworth and his coaching team and bring in a new management team, I am guessing this would almost gaurantee a FFP penalty and points deduction.

We would probably have to sell in January to balance the books and further weaken the squad.

The way our players are - cough - performing at the moment, we would need to pay other clubs to take them off our hands, and even then, there might not be any takers.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ainsworth on 09:22 - Oct 25 with 3229 viewsGloucs_R

He's not turning this around so the board have two choices.

Stick with him, knowing full well we are going down. Saves them money and a possible FFP fine / deduction

Twist... Bring in another manager, better chance of staying up but still risky. Possible FFP breach and fine / deduction

Either way, this is on the board and the appalling way they've run the club.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 9:32]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 09:37 - Oct 25 with 3153 viewsPhilmyRs

Ainsworth on 09:22 - Oct 25 by Gloucs_R

He's not turning this around so the board have two choices.

Stick with him, knowing full well we are going down. Saves them money and a possible FFP fine / deduction

Twist... Bring in another manager, better chance of staying up but still risky. Possible FFP breach and fine / deduction

Either way, this is on the board and the appalling way they've run the club.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 9:32]

What a position to find yourself in eh? We can't sack a manager that is performing appallingly because of finances. A lot of managers in the past have been sacked for a lot less. Yet, making the right call and putting GA out of his misery could mean we breach financial fair play and are docked points...only at this club we could find ourselves in this position.

For what it's worth, while recognising there are multiple problems at the club, the Manager is clearly one of them, and should go.
Ainsworth on 09:38 - Oct 25 with 3146 viewsRs_Holy

Whoever/whenever someone takes over from GA ... its a gonna be a Big Big Job to turn this ship around ...

Ainsworth on 09:39 - Oct 25 with 3136 viewsozexile

Ainsworth on 09:37 - Oct 25 by PhilmyRs

What a position to find yourself in eh? We can't sack a manager that is performing appallingly because of finances. A lot of managers in the past have been sacked for a lot less. Yet, making the right call and putting GA out of his misery could mean we breach financial fair play and are docked points...only at this club we could find ourselves in this position.

For what it's worth, while recognising there are multiple problems at the club, the Manager is clearly one of them, and should go.

Get be it to Ramsey and Furlong. Put Ainsworth on gardening.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 10:00 - Oct 25 with 3049 viewsterryb

Ainsworth on 08:03 - Oct 25 by ChrisNW6

Any fine or points deduction wouldn't apply to this season & there would be no transfer embargo for next seson. Not that I'm suggesting we deliberately fail FFP.

This years accounts won't be published until next March(?), although I think the club have to send a forecast of the P&L to the EFL prior to the end of May.

Sell in January? As I've often written previously, we don't have any player that other clubs covet!
Ainsworth on 10:35 - Oct 25 with 2946 viewsTheChef

Look I think his course is run - but - after the Watford debacle he was able to make changes and they managed a couple of wins (more through luck than judgement?) so I wonder why he can't manage that again. I mean getting Cook back in, even on one leg, would be a start.

Only difference now is you feel that he has lost most/all of the dressing room. And looking at the stupid actions of Paal and Dunne last night, you have to wonder.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth on 10:38 - Oct 25 with 2942 viewsRangers67

No
Ainsworth on 12:04 - Oct 25 with 2759 viewsQPROslo

Ainsworth on 09:39 - Oct 25 by ozexile

Get be it to Ramsey and Furlong. Put Ainsworth on gardening.

That's something like what I can see the Board doing. But it would be a huge ask of either Ramsey or Furlong or both.
Ainsworth on 12:26 - Oct 25 with 2631 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ainsworth on 12:04 - Oct 25 by QPROslo

That's something like what I can see the Board doing. But it would be a huge ask of either Ramsey or Furlong or both.

Furlong has no experience: unlike Ramsey who has experience of getting QPR relegated.
Absolutely pointless.
Ainsworth on 12:59 - Oct 25 with 2507 viewsTK1

Ainsworth on 12:26 - Oct 25 by Ned_Kennedys

Furlong has no experience: unlike Ramsey who has experience of getting QPR relegated.
Absolutely pointless.

It's not going to be Ramsey - or Furlong - for longer than a caretaker spell. But if we're playing silly imaginary games like that:

Ramsey's record at Championship level managing QPR:
P 15 W5 D3 L7

Ainsworth:
P 26 W5 D4 L17

I mean, we'd love a ratio like Ramsey's right now. He got fired on the back of a 3-0 home victory with Karl Henry and Toszer in midfield, and JET playing as a number 9: very respectable effort, considering we have Field and Colback in midfield and Scotland's number 9 but can't fashion a shot on target nor more than 29% possession - nor even want to. (The MK Dons manager that day Karl Robinson is a more likely future manager than Ramsey though)
Ainsworth on 13:49 - Oct 25 with 2330 viewsCFW

Football is quite a simple game - you score more goals than the other team and you win - simple. So how the hell did we think at the beginning of the season we would score enough goals to win games? Dykes - tries but hardly scores. Smyth - tries but hardly scores. Armstrong - tries hard but hopeless in front of goal. Kelman - does he actually exist??

Obviously we are restricted but money but our four forwards have no more than 12 goals a season between them!!! All that and with a defence that leaks goals for fun.

Midfield players chipping in with goals - who????
Ainsworth on 15:22 - Oct 25 with 2125 viewsterryb

Ainsworth on 12:26 - Oct 25 by Ned_Kennedys

Absolutely pointless.

Redknapp got us relegated. Not Ramsey.

No experience appeals to me at the present, rather than what we have.
Ainsworth on 15:27 - Oct 25 with 2092 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 15:22 - Oct 25 by terryb

Redknapp got us relegated. Not Ramsey.

No experience appeals to me at the present, rather than what we have.

This is a good point.

Some hungry 30 year old straight out of St Georges might not want a huge salary which might ofset Ainsworth’s termination fee or whatever it’s called.

Problem is, we’d need to give him time which we won’t.
Ainsworth on 15:33 - Oct 25 with 2055 viewsconnell10

Absolutely not

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ainsworth on 15:40 - Oct 25 with 2000 viewsstainrods_elbow

I think we all agree that FFP is a crock of shit, but the club is a shittier crock of shit for mismanaging itself so chronically over so long, including completely failing (Eze apart) to nurture new talent we can (i) play football well in our team or (ii) sell at a profit.

Clearly, the players don't like the manager, the tactics, or each other - or probably all three. Given the fact we don't like them either, whatever toxicity scale could be applied in this scenario, the needle is so scarily in the red I expect LR to go up in smoke soon (which would probably please Lee Hoos).

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Ainsworth on 16:47 - Oct 25 with 1843 viewshubble

"I expect LR to go up in smoke soon (which would probably please Lee Hoos)"

Now there's a thought..... wonder if they've considered it? Seems to work with pubs bought by developers.....

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Ainsworth on 17:13 - Oct 25 with 1759 viewsstrikerace

Bring back Warbs!!
Ainsworth on 17:18 - Oct 26 with 1369 viewsMonkey_Roots

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/gareth-ainsworths-future-at-qpr-what-is-happen

Don't panic, its all been a 'Bobby Ewing' dream!

We're just above Sheffield United, so that must mean that we're back in the Prem!

Phew!
Ainsworth on 17:31 - Oct 26 with 1315 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 15:40 - Oct 25 by stainrods_elbow

I think we all agree that FFP is a crock of shit, but the club is a shittier crock of shit for mismanaging itself so chronically over so long, including completely failing (Eze apart) to nurture new talent we can (i) play football well in our team or (ii) sell at a profit.

Clearly, the players don't like the manager, the tactics, or each other - or probably all three. Given the fact we don't like them either, whatever toxicity scale could be applied in this scenario, the needle is so scarily in the red I expect LR to go up in smoke soon (which would probably please Lee Hoos).

FFP is fine, the application is atrocious. The football world definitely needs extensive regulation.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 17:32]
Ainsworth on 17:52 - Oct 26 with 1205 viewsJuzzie

Ainsworth on 23:50 - Oct 24 by mart_Goblin

That was the day I realised this wasn’t going to work …Bristol City at home. No pressure. Could have played a progressive young team that got the ball down and played with tempo.

He chose Albert and Amos and we stunk the fcking place out . We have ever since

That was only the 6th game I was able to take my son to and having been to the Birmingham and Blackburn home games a few months earlier, he just didn't want to go any more.

It's not about glory-hunting, he really loves going to the games, going to the kids zone area on SAR, going to the kids area under the Loftus Road stand but he just hated the fact we were conceding goal, after goal, after goal and not scoring. 2 goals in three games at home (whilst conceding 8) is not good.

This is how clubs like QPR lose the next generation.

I don't have the time or money to bring him to every single home game so it get entrenched in him regardless.
Ainsworth on 18:00 - Oct 26 with 1161 viewsWestonsuperR

If they do I’d absolutely love to hear their reasoning and would instantly consider employing them in my Sales team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024