Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony deal collapsed 23:39 - Aug 30 with 18766 viewsJoe_bradshaw

According to Sky.

Apparently we're looking at Nelson Olivera to replace Llorente.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bony deal collapsed on 05:59 - Aug 31 with 2412 viewsEasternJack

Bony deal collapsed on 03:19 - Aug 31 by Wanderer

looks like we have been chasing Bony for a while, so should have happened by now.
Verona turns up in the last day and Bony apparently says yes please i'll go to Verona.
IF this true, none of us truly knows, says a lot about Bony in my opinion.

We've been waiting for Chelsea to pull their finger out on Llorente

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Bony deal collapsed on 06:08 - Aug 31 with 2396 viewsjack247

Tammy is a nailed on starter, but he's not a lone frontman. If the Bony deal collapses, we need to bring in someone else physical, or if we have to, take a hit on Llorente in the summer.

Tammy needs to be running into spaces and finishing chances, both of which he is brilliant at. He doesn't need to be battling with two centre backs in the middle third of the pitch.
Bony deal collapsed on 07:15 - Aug 31 with 2176 viewsAngelRangelQS

Bony deal collapsed on 04:00 - Aug 31 by macthejack

People dismissing Oliveira's performance just because it's been in the championship would do well to remember that some of our better performers of recent times (Mawson, Olsson, Abraham) have all come from the championship. Hell you could even point to Bartley, and Ayew and to an even further extent, Britton and Rangel.

The point is that many players can and do make the step up from Championship level and to dismiss them just because they come from a lower league is both shortsighted and condescending.

I'm dismissing him because of how poor he was when he was here last time.

Ok he looked a bit better than Vasquez, Schechter, Ngog etc. and he ran around a bit but that's just about the only positives you can give from his time here
Bony deal collapsed on 07:18 - Aug 31 with 2152 viewsDr_Winston

Bony deal collapsed on 07:15 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

I'm dismissing him because of how poor he was when he was here last time.

Ok he looked a bit better than Vasquez, Schechter, Ngog etc. and he ran around a bit but that's just about the only positives you can give from his time here

His Championship record is very good which suggests he's a bit better than he showed when he was here. Be disappointed if he's our first alternative to Bony, but we'll see.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony deal collapsed on 08:06 - Aug 31 with 1893 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bony deal collapsed on 07:18 - Aug 31 by Dr_Winston

His Championship record is very good which suggests he's a bit better than he showed when he was here. Be disappointed if he's our first alternative to Bony, but we'll see.

If the Bony deal has collapsed then Llorente must stay. Personally I would have kept him regardless. We don't mess about with our top flight future. All this cobblers about needing the Llorente money. Surely we haven't spunked the Siggy dosh yet? Not forgetting the oodles we have saved when we have very efficiently, and timely, got a large chunk of our squad out the door.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bony deal collapsed on 08:08 - Aug 31 with 1869 viewsAngelRangelQS

Bony deal collapsed on 08:06 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

If the Bony deal has collapsed then Llorente must stay. Personally I would have kept him regardless. We don't mess about with our top flight future. All this cobblers about needing the Llorente money. Surely we haven't spunked the Siggy dosh yet? Not forgetting the oodles we have saved when we have very efficiently, and timely, got a large chunk of our squad out the door.

If we aren't happy with the "Bony alternatives" then yes we certainly do need to keep Llorente
Bony deal collapsed on 08:09 - Aug 31 with 1864 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony deal collapsed on 08:06 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

Getting £15m for Llorente with a year left on his contract makes sense.

Swapping him for Bony + a few million doesn't.
Bony deal collapsed on 08:13 - Aug 31 with 1823 viewscostalotta

Bony deal collapsed on 08:09 - Aug 31 by WarwickHunt

Getting £15m for Llorente with a year left on his contract makes sense.

Swapping him for Bony + a few million doesn't.

It only makes sense if he is replaced with equal quality. You wouldn't sell an apartment on curzon street and buy a tent on berklely square if you wanted to live in Mayfair. There again, HJ might.
Login to get fewer ads

Bony deal collapsed on 08:23 - Aug 31 with 1725 viewsSwansea93

I'd be gutted if Bony doesn't end up back here, rollercoaster day today I expect.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Bony deal collapsed on 08:24 - Aug 31 with 1707 viewsjedijack

Bony deal collapsed on 08:23 - Aug 31 by Swansea93

I'd be gutted if Bony doesn't end up back here, rollercoaster day today I expect.

I suspect it may end up being more like a log flume :)
Bony deal collapsed on 08:28 - Aug 31 with 1665 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bony deal collapsed on 08:24 - Aug 31 by jedijack

I suspect it may end up being more like a log flume :)

There is a real danger of a closed log flume. Jenkins has more to dither about than ever now. I don't trust him either. I even smell a rat with Sanches. Cynical old tw@t that I am.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 8:43]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bony deal collapsed on 08:31 - Aug 31 with 1630 viewsJackflack

Bony deal collapsed on 04:00 - Aug 31 by macthejack

People dismissing Oliveira's performance just because it's been in the championship would do well to remember that some of our better performers of recent times (Mawson, Olsson, Abraham) have all come from the championship. Hell you could even point to Bartley, and Ayew and to an even further extent, Britton and Rangel.

The point is that many players can and do make the step up from Championship level and to dismiss them just because they come from a lower league is both shortsighted and condescending.

To question the replacement of an established premier league striker with a cheap gambol from the championship is not being short sighted at all. It's madness.
You can take a chance with defenders and midfielders but not strikers.
We have plenty of history on cheap strikers.
That said, Jansen at Spurs would be an interesting option on loan.

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Bony deal collapsed on 08:33 - Aug 31 with 1611 viewsraynor94

Bony deal collapsed on 08:28 - Aug 31 by Private_Partz

There is a real danger of a closed log flume. Jenkins has more to dither about than ever now. I don't trust him either. I even smell a rat with Sanches. Cynical old tw@t that I am.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 8:43]

Well you got one thing right in that post Sanches is a done deal even Uli said so

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bony deal collapsed on 08:33 - Aug 31 with 1606 viewsItchySphincter

I was surprised when we let Nelson walk away last time. Much better player than he's getting credit for and suffered by being expected to fill Michu's boots. A better alternative than McBurnie at the moment.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bony deal collapsed on 08:41 - Aug 31 with 1536 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bony deal collapsed on 08:33 - Aug 31 by raynor94

Well you got one thing right in that post Sanches is a done deal even Uli said so

It's scarf aloft for me Rayns and even then it has gone tits up in the past. Btw wtf is Uli?

Bony deal collapsed on 08:42 - Aug 31 with 1528 viewsKerouac

Bony deal collapsed on 08:33 - Aug 31 by ItchySphincter

I was surprised when we let Nelson walk away last time. Much better player than he's getting credit for and suffered by being expected to fill Michu's boots. A better alternative than McBurnie at the moment.

I agree he is better than McBurnie...and yes he showed some ability when he was with us (I think of him as a bit like Luke Moore).
If he was to come here on a free as the 3rd choice centre forward I'd be happy enough.

To replace Llorente as our target man, for £12m...like John McEnroe I refuse to believe you are being serious.
Jenkins just might be though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Bony deal collapsed on 08:42 - Aug 31 with 1521 viewsThornburyswan

If this is true, as the odds suggest, how about a late loan bid for Origi - gets us the £13/15M & a decent number 9
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:44 - Aug 31 with 1498 viewscostalotta

Bony deal collapsed on 08:42 - Aug 31 by Kerouac

I agree he is better than McBurnie...and yes he showed some ability when he was with us (I think of him as a bit like Luke Moore).
If he was to come here on a free as the 3rd choice centre forward I'd be happy enough.

To replace Llorente as our target man, for £12m...like John McEnroe I refuse to believe you are being serious.
Jenkins just might be though.

Bony deal collapsed on 08:44 - Aug 31 with 1493 viewsKerouac

Bony deal collapsed on 08:42 - Aug 31 by Thornburyswan

If this is true, as the odds suggest, how about a late loan bid for Origi - gets us the £13/15M & a decent number 9

That could work...would require some initiative on our part though with 14 hours to go and 3-5 deals to conclude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Bony deal collapsed on 08:46 - Aug 31 with 1471 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Bony deal collapsed on 08:42 - Aug 31 by Thornburyswan

Supposedly off to Wolfsburg on a season long loan
Bony deal collapsed on 08:46 - Aug 31 with 1469 viewsDaggyjack

Bony deal collapsed on 00:46 - Aug 31 by SwansNZ

in the Championship, not the same as PL

You mean the same league Tammy played in last season?......
Bony deal collapsed on 08:47 - Aug 31 with 1455 viewsSwansNZ

Bony deal collapsed on 08:33 - Aug 31 by ItchySphincter

Being better than McBurnie is not exactly high praise.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Bony deal collapsed on 08:49 - Aug 31 with 1421 viewsThornburyswan

Bony deal collapsed on 08:44 - Aug 31 by Kerouac

That could work...would require some initiative on our part though with 14 hours to go and 3-5 deals to conclude

Good point well made - suspect we all struggle to see HJ juggling phones/faxes to cope with Sanches, Chadli, Llorente & McB leave alone starting afresh with LFC!
Bony deal collapsed on 08:50 - Aug 31 with 1408 viewsSwansNZ

Bony deal collapsed on 08:46 - Aug 31 by Daggyjack

You mean the same league Tammy played in last season?......

Exactly.

Great start, but Tammy still has a lot to prove, which is why we need an experienced (good) striker too.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Bony deal collapsed on 08:52 - Aug 31 with 1383 viewsTheResurrection

Bony deal collapsed on 06:08 - Aug 31 by jack247

Tammy is a nailed on starter, but he's not a lone frontman. If the Bony deal collapses, we need to bring in someone else physical, or if we have to, take a hit on Llorente in the summer.

Tammy needs to be running into spaces and finishing chances, both of which he is brilliant at. He doesn't need to be battling with two centre backs in the middle third of the pitch.

You're off again...

Yes he does!!!

If he wants to progress as a striker, which he absolutely does, then he needs to develop this part of his game. Clement has told him this.

A part of me thinks this Sanches deal has changed the landscape on Bony. I tried to get a first team up last night and it was going to be super difficult keeping everyone happy. I think we may have seen enough in Tammy to think this boy is likely to be number 1 every game and with a good injury record maybe best to get a back up instead of a direct challenger.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024