Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is getting silly 21:13 - Aug 23 with 15658 viewsPhil_S

This is getting silly on 10:11 - Aug 24 with 1138 viewsSwan91

Had a good 2 seasons with us scoring quite a few goals so will appreciate what he has contributed to the club. I do think not signing him this season was the correct decision though. We have a goal scoring AM again (gylfi) and Ki is showing that he can take the CM spot and do it well for us.

Don't think this has left us worse off so was right for both club and player to move on to different things.
This is getting silly on 10:30 - Aug 24 with 1114 viewsGlossolalia

You had a few drinks, Phil? Your comments are quite pathetic. What's wrong with gratitude and mutual thanks?

Whether he played well for us - which he did - is irrelevant. Much like your comments.

Why is it that in football, there is so much animosity and ingratitude? Even if you are simply giving your opinion, I suggest you exercise some restraint and consider your position.

Thank you de Guzman for your service, even if you were hitting on my girlfriend in the gym! I think some people forget how hard it must be for footballers to adjust to life in a foreign country. To then publicly announce their gratitude should be applauded, not ridiculed...
This is getting silly on 10:33 - Aug 24 with 1103 viewsScoobyWho

This is getting silly on 23:28 - Aug 23 by morningstar

Brilliant? instead of being a suck ass why not give your view?

My view is he Is entitled to a personal view, I ain't sucking no ass as you admirably put it. My view is that Phil Sumbler is entitled to a view how can you have any problems with that ?

Don't be insulting personally,that will get you nowhere trust me, now please sneeze quietly.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

This is getting silly on 10:36 - Aug 24 with 1097 viewsPhil_S

This is getting silly on 10:30 - Aug 24 by Glossolalia

You had a few drinks, Phil? Your comments are quite pathetic. What's wrong with gratitude and mutual thanks?

Whether he played well for us - which he did - is irrelevant. Much like your comments.

Why is it that in football, there is so much animosity and ingratitude? Even if you are simply giving your opinion, I suggest you exercise some restraint and consider your position.

Thank you de Guzman for your service, even if you were hitting on my girlfriend in the gym! I think some people forget how hard it must be for footballers to adjust to life in a foreign country. To then publicly announce their gratitude should be applauded, not ridiculed...

Why should I not have an opinion because of my position? Does it grate with you that much?

And no I hadnt had a few drinks , not that it is relevant. Don't have a problem with the viewpoint that I have with it and stand by it today as much as I did yesterday. Nauseating comments which are quoted to him by an agent. Guaranteed

This post has been edited by an administrator
This is getting silly on 10:39 - Aug 24 with 1091 viewsPrivate_Partz

This is getting silly on 21:28 - Aug 23 by icecoldjack

If he wanted to send a message then why not ?

Players are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't !

I don't care one way or another but if a player who came here on loan wanted to say thanks then maybe we should be humble enough as fans to take it in the spirit it was probably intended .

Good luck to him, he did well for us and was part of a team that played some of the best football ive ever seen at the Swans,winning in europe,winning a trophy and gaining international recognition along the way, i feel his message is probably sincere .

I completely agree. They don't have to do it. I think the atmosphere at the club and it's relationship with the players is special and it is recognised as such.
Yes players and agents are always chasing the big bucks but that does not stop them appreciating the club they have left. JDG gave us two good seasons. He has moved on to pastures new and I wish him well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

This is getting silly on 10:42 - Aug 24 with 1078 viewsScoobyWho

This is getting silly on 10:30 - Aug 24 by Glossolalia

So you want an ineffective trust leader ?
A quieter dampened down individual, no matter who they are to tow a party line.

How the feck do you think our club was saved ? How the hell do you think we have a club today FOR YOU to support ? Because we are an 'entitled' club thats why ! Entitled to lead and democratically be involved as individuals,entitled to a viewpoint and at times not in the way everyone wants. This club was saved because of opinions, and today survives because most of those same people have 'entitlement' to have an opinion. From what I've read about Phil and others he knew back then they are entitled to that - so me, you and Morning Bore can cheer and enjoy. Whether you respect it or not is irrelevant, your desire to control and manipulate is what this club was saved from.

Think about it.

Remember - Not just any club !
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 10:45]

This is getting silly on 10:43 - Aug 24 with 1076 viewsGlossolalia

This is getting silly on 10:36 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

Why should I not have an opinion because of my position? Does it grate with you that much?

And no I hadnt had a few drinks , not that it is relevant. Don't have a problem with the viewpoint that I have with it and stand by it today as much as I did yesterday. Nauseating comments which are quoted to him by an agent. Guaranteed

I didn't say you shouldn't have an opinion, I suggested that you exercise some restraint. It does grate with me, and quite a few others, yes - childish, snide comments.

There is no guarantee that his words are some spiel from his agent. I mean, where are the comments from the agent's other players then? There has to be some agreement and input from the player at least. And yes, having a few drinks is strictly relevant - I have read, as have others, some truly shocking posts on here, realised through alcohol.
This is getting silly on 10:47 - Aug 24 with 1061 viewsPhil_S

This is getting silly on 10:43 - Aug 24 by Glossolalia

I didn't say you shouldn't have an opinion, I suggested that you exercise some restraint. It does grate with me, and quite a few others, yes - childish, snide comments.

There is no guarantee that his words are some spiel from his agent. I mean, where are the comments from the agent's other players then? There has to be some agreement and input from the player at least. And yes, having a few drinks is strictly relevant - I have read, as have others, some truly shocking posts on here, realised through alcohol.

So you draw an assumption that someone posting something you don't agree with means they must have had some drinks? Using that logic, have you been on the alcohol this morning?

So someone's opinion grates with you? And because it grates with you then the person expressing it needs to show restraint? I really don't know where to start with that but it just isn't worth it. There are not childish or snide comments just simple comments that I disagree with the desire to see the Twitter post and also - for the record - I don't actually believe a word of it.

This is a forum and everyone is entitled to share their views on here whether you like them or not. Sadly you have turned it personal and now trying to have an argument that is not real - the fact that I am chairman of the trust is completely irrelevant

Login to get fewer ads

This is getting silly on 10:52 - Aug 24 with 1044 viewsGlossolalia

This is getting silly on 10:42 - Aug 24 by ScoobyWho

So you want an ineffective trust leader ?
A quieter dampened down individual, no matter who they are to tow a party line.

How the feck do you think our club was saved ? How the hell do you think we have a club today FOR YOU to support ? Because we are an 'entitled' club thats why ! Entitled to lead and democratically be involved as individuals,entitled to a viewpoint and at times not in the way everyone wants. This club was saved because of opinions, and today survives because most of those same people have 'entitlement' to have an opinion. From what I've read about Phil and others he knew back then they are entitled to that - so me, you and Morning Bore can cheer and enjoy. Whether you respect it or not is irrelevant, your desire to control and manipulate is what this club was saved from.

Think about it.

Remember - Not just any club !
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 10:45]

So your idea of an efficacious leader is one who speaks there mind at all times? Shows no curtailment?

I understand where you are coming from mate, all very grand. But I find it hard to apply what you say to a childish comment about a grateful footballer. This idea of democracy and free speech is oft applied to incongruous situations. We all support the same club, yes, but there are comments that simply undermine it, like Phil's. These comments reflect nasty underlying attitudes that do no good for the club's image, or fan morale.
This is getting silly on 10:55 - Aug 24 with 1029 viewsScoobyWho

This is getting silly on 10:52 - Aug 24 by Glossolalia

So your idea of an efficacious leader is one who speaks there mind at all times? Shows no curtailment?

I understand where you are coming from mate, all very grand. But I find it hard to apply what you say to a childish comment about a grateful footballer. This idea of democracy and free speech is oft applied to incongruous situations. We all support the same club, yes, but there are comments that simply undermine it, like Phil's. These comments reflect nasty underlying attitudes that do no good for the club's image, or fan morale.

I don't know Phil and I don't know you, but I'll leave it there, our points are made.

This is getting silly on 10:57 - Aug 24 with 1024 viewsPhil_S

This is getting silly on 10:52 - Aug 24 by Glossolalia

This will be good - you tell me how the opinion undermines the club?

And then which goodbye did he mean most - the one to Swansea fans or the one to Villarreal fans?

Nasty underlying attitudes. Fan morale. Clubs image. You got all that into one sentence and I am sure that you actually believe it all as well.

I think i'm done here, have a nice time at church
This is getting silly on 10:59 - Aug 24 with 1021 viewsGlossolalia

This is getting silly on 10:47 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

So you draw an assumption that someone posting something you don't agree with means they must have had some drinks? Using that logic, have you been on the alcohol this morning?

So someone's opinion grates with you? And because it grates with you then the person expressing it needs to show restraint? I really don't know where to start with that but it just isn't worth it. There are not childish or snide comments just simple comments that I disagree with the desire to see the Twitter post and also - for the record - I don't actually believe a word of it.

This is a forum and everyone is entitled to share their views on here whether you like them or not. Sadly you have turned it personal and now trying to have an argument that is not real - the fact that I am chairman of the trust is completely irrelevant

Nah mate, I don't do alcohol. Of course I don't assume a flagrant post necessitates drink either. Talking of personal, you called de Guzman and stupid Dutch thicko, or words to that effect. You attacked him personally.

I just assumed you would consider your position when talking. OK you don't and that's fine. I just believe your views were, in this instance, slightly offensive.

Everyone has views, and I do not mean to personally attack you; just what you said here.
This is getting silly on 11:01 - Aug 24 with 1014 viewsPhil_S

This is getting silly on 10:59 - Aug 24 by Glossolalia

Nah mate, I don't do alcohol. Of course I don't assume a flagrant post necessitates drink either. Talking of personal, you called de Guzman and stupid Dutch thicko, or words to that effect. You attacked him personally.

I just assumed you would consider your position when talking. OK you don't and that's fine. I just believe your views were, in this instance, slightly offensive.

Everyone has views, and I do not mean to personally attack you; just what you said here.

Ah right so you took that one literally then. As I said to Spratty on a different thread. Read. Think. Respond.

Everything that is written on a forum is not taken literally. Or at least it shouldn't be. Which comes all the way back to the personal piece again, you wanted it to be true so you made it so in your head.

You weren't alone though, three people down voted it

This is getting silly on 11:06 - Aug 24 with 991 viewsDarran

Do people actually believe JDG gives a f*ck about us?

Hysterical.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is getting silly on 11:07 - Aug 24 with 991 viewsGlossolalia

This is getting silly on 10:57 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

This will be good - you tell me how the opinion undermines the club?

And then which goodbye did he mean most - the one to Swansea fans or the one to Villarreal fans?

Nasty underlying attitudes. Fan morale. Clubs image. You got all that into one sentence and I am sure that you actually believe it all as well.

I think i'm done here, have a nice time at church

I'm sorry we could talk further, same applies to the other fella too.

It doesn't matter what goodbye mattered most, why should it? Of course I believe what I say, as you do too. I'm also sorry that you need to insult me because I don't drink. I don't think I need to elaborate on the manner of your comments - a prominent figure personally and petulantly insults a footballer whom has the audacity to express his thanks. That undermines a whole host of things.

Enjoy your Sunday; mine's the day of rest.
This is getting silly on 11:11 - Aug 24 with 978 viewsGlossolalia

This is getting silly on 11:01 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

Ah right so you took that one literally then. As I said to Spratty on a different thread. Read. Think. Respond.

Everything that is written on a forum is not taken literally. Or at least it shouldn't be. Which comes all the way back to the personal piece again, you wanted it to be true so you made it so in your head.

You weren't alone though, three people down voted it

Oh how silly of me! Taking things literally and all.

Yes, a good few were stupid enough to take things literally, you stupid fu cking c unt. Don't take that literally will you? There's a good m oron.
This is getting silly on 11:31 - Aug 24 with 951 viewsPhil_S

This is getting silly on 11:11 - Aug 24 by Glossolalia

Oh how silly of me! Taking things literally and all.

Yes, a good few were stupid enough to take things literally, you stupid fu cking c unt. Don't take that literally will you? There's a good m oron.

And there we had it we reverted to type and you were trying so hard as well

I think most people who read it got the irony of the comment and the context in which it was made.

It's really not my fault that you weren't that clever but based on your last sentence I am not really surprised.

Enjoy your day of rest, a lie down will probably do you good
This is getting silly on 11:34 - Aug 24 with 941 viewsLiam

Have anyone thought it's not just mainly aimed at the supporters, maybe it's aimed at the staff at the club he had close relationships with?

I like the idea although I don't buy in to it. It raises the profile of the club and lets potential future players know it's a good place to be.
This is getting silly on 11:45 - Aug 24 with 917 viewsJackfath

Hilarious that people actually buy into this sentimental rubbish.

Pathetic.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

This is getting silly on 11:51 - Aug 24 with 898 viewsDarran

This is getting silly on 11:45 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Hilarious that people actually buy into this sentimental rubbish.

Pathetic.

Yep very much so.
He didn't want to play for us.
Pathetic indeed.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is getting silly on 11:54 - Aug 24 with 889 viewsJBG

This is getting silly on 09:57 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

OK, the election is next summer when my latest two years are up for the vote. Are you standing yourself or do you have people in mind to stand for election

Amazing how people are so touchy about this but don't actually seem to care when there is a queue of people taking digs at our manager and board on a daily basis.

Precious, very precious

Grow up FFs you know me well enough,I'm jesting, but hey if you want to act like a baby because people disagree with you then cack on
This is getting silly on 11:55 - Aug 24 with 881 viewsJackfath

This is getting silly on 11:51 - Aug 24 by Darran

Yep very much so.
Pathetic indeed.

That's the bottom line, but people will read what "he's" written and think he's such a great person for doing so. Yet more evidence of a gullible sheep like social media culture.

People do not question or doubt anything they read and take it all as being genuine.

MUGS.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

This is getting silly on 12:03 - Aug 24 with 854 viewsPhil_S

This is getting silly on 11:54 - Aug 24 by JBG

Grow up FFs you know me well enough,I'm jesting, but hey if you want to act like a baby because people disagree with you then cack on

And you know me well enough to have seen through my reply??
This is getting silly on 12:08 - Aug 24 with 837 viewsDaneloCruz

Very silly indeed, if JDG was chasing the money he would've signed with QPR or Aston Villa for more money. Villareal preferred to sell JDG to Aston Villa or QPR who were willing to pay for what Villareal paid for JDG but JDG decided on Napoli who offered and paid lower than what Villareal paid for him. Villareal had no choice but to sell JDG's preference cause JDG is in the last 2 years of his contract. Good Luck to JDG.
This is getting silly on 12:11 - Aug 24 with 825 viewsJBG

This is getting silly on 12:03 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

And you know me well enough to have seen through my reply??

Oh that old pony, I do think though pip you would have been better off saying porthcawl but as you say its a forum at the end of the day you can say what you like, personally I don't give two fhucks either way,did ok for us I was never overly impressed with him,defo not a 8 million pound player, nice of him to tweet that thank you, but as dar said goodbye enjoy your new club, how this thread has grown into a monster beggars belief, and there's me adding to it,dohh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024