Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit, not happening now?? 12:01 - Nov 3 with 19039 viewsJAPRANGERS

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/03/high-court-to-rule-on-brexit-legal-ba

Looking at this from afar I am wondering what's going on? Maybe explains why remainer May hasn't done anything since the referendum result, expecting this outcome?
Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:10 - Nov 3 with 4799 viewsMytch_QPR

I made a prediction some weeks ago that it wouldn't happen. The reason May and the rest of the useless cabinet has done f*ck all about it is simple: there are no benefits to exiting and they didn't expect the result as it panned out.

Sherwood out.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 12:11]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:12 - Nov 3 with 4789 viewsJAPRANGERS

Sounds like a big ugly mess now as the government appeals to the Supreme Court. Why didn't they pull out immediately after the 24th June result?
Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:13 - Nov 3 with 4780 viewspaulparker

so much for democracy that a millionaire south American ex model can help get this overturned because it made her "physically sick "
can this country sink any lower

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:18 - Nov 3 with 4760 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:13 - Nov 3 by paulparker

so much for democracy that a millionaire south American ex model can help get this overturned because it made her "physically sick "

You lost. Get over it. Stop whinging. Respect the result. Respect Parliamentary Soveriegnty.

...oh hang on.....

Oh, and defining someone by their Nationality is racist by the way. The persons nationality is of no significance and most importantly was not considered by the High Court and the decision that parliament must vote on triggering Article 50. Hope this helps.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 12:22]
Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:18 - Nov 3 with 4759 viewsBlackCrowe

It's called the British legal process mate - something that Brexiters were championing for protection of as a reason for leaving the EU, but only when it suits it seems.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:19 - Nov 3 with 4750 viewsJAPRANGERS

Yes ludicrous situation. Democracy what price? Parliament voted on holding a referendum and accepting the result. I am a lifer here so am totally unaffected by this debacle but still, what a mess!
Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:20 - Nov 3 with 4740 viewsJAPRANGERS

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:10 - Nov 3 by Mytch_QPR

I made a prediction some weeks ago that it wouldn't happen. The reason May and the rest of the useless cabinet has done f*ck all about it is simple: there are no benefits to exiting and they didn't expect the result as it panned out.

Sherwood out.

Sherwood out.
Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:26 - Nov 3 with 4700 viewsqprxtc

Only alcohol can save us now......
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:31 - Nov 3 with 4672 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's too big a climb-down for the Conservatives not to proceed. This may delay it but surely a Bill will still pass both Houses and Article 50 will then be possible.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:32 - Nov 3 with 4662 viewspaulparker

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:18 - Nov 3 by Brightonhoop

You lost. Get over it. Stop whinging. Respect the result. Respect Parliamentary Soveriegnty.

...oh hang on.....

Oh, and defining someone by their Nationality is racist by the way. The persons nationality is of no significance and most importantly was not considered by the High Court and the decision that parliament must vote on triggering Article 50. Hope this helps.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 12:22]

well done genius , your now branding the racist card , how original

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:48 - Nov 3 with 4607 viewsFDC

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:31 - Nov 3 by BrianMcCarthy

It's too big a climb-down for the Conservatives not to proceed. This may delay it but surely a Bill will still pass both Houses and Article 50 will then be possible.

The difference being that this allows for much more parliamentary input into the terms of the exit -- and allows for back bench Tory rebels to throw a spanner in the works and destabilize May's government too.

The whole thing is going to be dragged out longer now too you'd imagine, which might give Labour more time to get their shit together and present alternative terms for Brexit.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 12:48]
Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:52 - Nov 3 with 4578 viewsR_from_afar

She may be "a remainer" but she is a crafty, self-seeking one who put virtually zero effort into the remain campaign, to ensure she didn't alienate too many people.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:55 - Nov 3 with 4553 viewseasthertsr

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Surely a decision made by British judges and not technocrats in Brussels interfering with our sovereignty is one we can all support!
Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:00 - Nov 3 with 4520 viewsessextaxiboy

The Government said in its booklet (costing 9 Million and outside of the rules) that it would implement the result .

This will never go away now ,if we dont come out before the next election UKIP will get massive support in 2020 . Millions of people brought up on the back of democracy told that if the result doesnt fit then your vote is worthless .

UKIP, a one policy party will hold the balance of power if even half those who voted out rebel and vote for them in 2020.

By Nicola Sturgeons logic every MP whose constituents voted out should carry that out in the vote .

Its going to go on a bit , but we are on our way out IMO
Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:01 - Nov 3 with 4513 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:32 - Nov 3 by paulparker

well done genius , your now branding the racist card , how original

Race card>? Heard it all now. Go back on what you just said,you defined the woman by her nationality. In Law you are on extremely thin ice. I didn't make the rules or the law, but your statement right there is the substance for a succesfull prosecution. My post to you was advisory. Where have you been for the past 2 decades? Seriously....ffs.
Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:03 - Nov 3 with 4501 viewsMetallica_Hoop

And what it will all be ok and we'll all be part of the grande 'European unification project'.

Over my cold dead body.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:06 - Nov 3 with 4482 viewsnadera78

Some people seem surprised to learn that the Parliamentarians won the English Civil War.

It's really quite simple - Brexit will still happen but it has to be done through Parliament and not simply the Prime Minister making it up as she goes along. It's the rule of law, no more and no less. Funny that so many Brexiters (who continually bang on about British sovereignty) are complaining about this legal ruling.
Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:10 - Nov 3 with 4467 viewsdaveB

This will wind a few people up and see lots of ranting but all it means is Parliament have to vote on it and they will probably just push it through. This was always going to happen
Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:11 - Nov 3 with 4462 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:10 - Nov 3 by Mytch_QPR

Sherwood out.

no benefits from exiting?
Lol
Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:12 - Nov 3 with 4459 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:52 - Nov 3 by R_from_afar

She may be "a remainer" but she is a crafty, self-seeking one who put virtually zero effort into the remain campaign, to ensure she didn't alienate too many people.

RFA

She has been somewhat underwhelming thus far. I suspect the full extent of the job is something that might well engulf her in time.

As for that thing sat opposite her at PMQs, God help us if he leads the Brexit negotiations. He is utterly incapable of doing anything other than reading the pre-prepared questions and misses opportunities to stick it to May. Christ alive he'd becoming home on the train from Brussels and remembering things he should have said before he signed the deal.

I also doubt May has the subtlety to finesse the EU to reach a mutually agreeable deal either and for the love of mercy, don't send Boris over there or we're all doomed.

While I am of the firm belief that he should be rotting inside a UN backed prison for war crimes, the ideal person to handle negotiations, is that dreadful fellow Blair.

I concur with the chap who said out is out, it will happen for the constitutional crisis that would arise from ignoring a referendum would be cataclysmic. I also feel that a sensibly negotiated divorce and we'll be fine in time as the EU has some serious fault lines and their banks are teetering on the edge of the abyss.

If all else fails, then simply invade them. I've always felt we let the Empire go a little too early.

Only time will tell and only history will absolve us.

In case its needed, Sherwood out!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:14 - Nov 3 with 4442 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:12 - Nov 3 by PlanetHonneywood

She has been somewhat underwhelming thus far. I suspect the full extent of the job is something that might well engulf her in time.

As for that thing sat opposite her at PMQs, God help us if he leads the Brexit negotiations. He is utterly incapable of doing anything other than reading the pre-prepared questions and misses opportunities to stick it to May. Christ alive he'd becoming home on the train from Brussels and remembering things he should have said before he signed the deal.

I also doubt May has the subtlety to finesse the EU to reach a mutually agreeable deal either and for the love of mercy, don't send Boris over there or we're all doomed.

While I am of the firm belief that he should be rotting inside a UN backed prison for war crimes, the ideal person to handle negotiations, is that dreadful fellow Blair.

I concur with the chap who said out is out, it will happen for the constitutional crisis that would arise from ignoring a referendum would be cataclysmic. I also feel that a sensibly negotiated divorce and we'll be fine in time as the EU has some serious fault lines and their banks are teetering on the edge of the abyss.

If all else fails, then simply invade them. I've always felt we let the Empire go a little too early.

Only time will tell and only history will absolve us.

In case its needed, Sherwood out!

Great post mate.
Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:14 - Nov 3 with 4442 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:55 - Nov 3 by easthertsr

Surely a decision made by British judges and not technocrats in Brussels interfering with our sovereignty is one we can all support!

Its the main reason that I voted to Leave . We have a legal system with centuries of refinement, checks and balances .

I havnt got a problem with it and if it brings a quick General Election then I welcome the judgement. May will get a thumping majority IMO

Interesting that the action was 160k paid for by crowd funding , surely a remainer like Branson could have paid for that ... He knows it leads to nowhere
Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:22 - Nov 3 with 4402 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

I'm sharpening my tines as I type...
Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:23 - Nov 3 with 4400 viewsQPR_John

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:18 - Nov 3 by BlackCrowe

It's called the British legal process mate - something that Brexiters were championing for protection of as a reason for leaving the EU, but only when it suits it seems.

The British legal process is subservient to EU law but that seems to be OK.
Brexit, not happening now?? on 13:34 - Nov 3 with 1824 viewsPinnerPaul

Brexit, not happening now?? on 12:19 - Nov 3 by JAPRANGERS

Yes ludicrous situation. Democracy what price? Parliament voted on holding a referendum and accepting the result. I am a lifer here so am totally unaffected by this debacle but still, what a mess!

ALL laws are passed by parliament, this is a law, so has to go through parliament.

Many wrote that this was bound to happen, BEFORE the referendum.

Even after negotiation, the exact terms of exit will involve repealing some/all of EU laws - are we suggesting that shouldn't go through parliament either?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024