Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 134692 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 20:16 - Oct 10 with 4819 viewskensalriser

Ainsworth on 16:13 - Oct 10 by kingsburyR

What did Einstein say about Insanity?????

Not a hope in hell I'm going to the Leicester game if GA is still in charge.

He used up all the credit he had on Saturday.

I'll just leave this here again:

https://www.history.com/news/here-are-6-things-albert-einstein-never-said

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ainsworth on 23:58 - Oct 10 with 4449 viewsPunteR

Ainsworth on 13:42 - Oct 9 by ngbqpr

Hmmm...I'd argue that, for all Les's undoubted flaws in that role, the one period where it's clear his was the main voice in the recruitment process, like followed like in terms of footballing philosophy: Warbs - PBBC - the Critch.

Fernandes and Bhatia scratching their bloomin' itches with McClaren and Ainsworth respectively = the bigger crimes imho.

I dunno about that mate.
Firstly Ramsey, then JFH, were they not Ferdinand's ? Where was all that parachute money spent?
Holloway was a board itch . Why did Ferdinand take that first undermining appointment ? Then MacClaren..? C'mon Les sort it out.
Warburton we can both agree on , a good appointment.
Who fell out with Warburton ? C'mon Les sort it out.
They/he got rid of Warburton with absolutely no one in mind to replace him. Certainly wasnt Beale unless they were tapping him up in April. Critchley just an extension of the Beale fiasco and if the director of football had any conviction he was the right man for the job despite players revolt why sack him two months later?
Les was the director of football. I know under this regime it must be like working with one arm tied behind his back , but c'mon he had nearly ten years here with no significant improvement to the football that he's suppose to be directing.
Goes without saying but i loved Les Ferdinand as a player, those years ,late 80s early 90s were my golden years for QPR. I don't question his motivation, i think his heart was in the right place originally but he just wasn't up to the job.
He's just another fall guy for the owners, another QPR legend who's reputation has been tarnished because of the owners incompetence.

edit
Also Ainsworth was appointed on his watch too
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 0:01]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ainsworth on 02:51 - Oct 11 with 4370 viewsMatch82

Ainsworth on 23:58 - Oct 10 by PunteR

I dunno about that mate.
Firstly Ramsey, then JFH, were they not Ferdinand's ? Where was all that parachute money spent?
Holloway was a board itch . Why did Ferdinand take that first undermining appointment ? Then MacClaren..? C'mon Les sort it out.
They/he got rid of Warburton with absolutely no one in mind to replace him. Certainly wasnt Beale unless they were tapping him up in April. Critchley just an extension of the Beale fiasco and if the director of football had any conviction he was the right man for the job despite players revolt why sack him two months later?
Les was the director of football. I know under this regime it must be like working with one arm tied behind his back , but c'mon he had nearly ten years here with no significant improvement to the football that he's suppose to be directing.
Goes without saying but i loved Les Ferdinand as a player, those years ,late 80s early 90s were my golden years for QPR. I don't question his motivation, i think his heart was in the right place originally but he just wasn't up to the job.
He's just another fall guy for the owners, another QPR legend who's reputation has been tarnished because of the owners incompetence.

edit

I think Les was doing just fine until the Warburton thing unravelled and it's been an unmitigated disaster since which he should take some of the blame for and was forced out as a result, justifiably.
Ainsworth on 11:25 - Oct 11 with 4147 viewsderbyhoop

Ainsworth on 21:07 - Oct 8 by PunteR

"It's because Brighton have a style of play and each squad member knows their job when selected to play."

This was the whole purpose of a DoF at QPR.

What we are seeing here is a shambolic 8 years of Les Ferdinand running tings.

What we are seeing is a radical departure from what a DOF is supposed to bring. Warburton, followed by Beale, followed by Critchley were 3 coaches out of the same mould. If, as rumoured, GA was a Bhattia choice, it's a massive switch of approach.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Ainsworth on 14:35 - Oct 11 with 3869 viewsQPRConor2000

I genuinely wonder if the reason why the club arnt saying anything is because they are already in the process of finding a replacement and are probably already talking with ainsworth about agreeing a payoff.

if the club seriously wanted to take control of the narrative, they could of easily put some pictures of training up with Ainsworth in them, surely there would be some non-internationals who will be in training this week,

That's what my theory is at least.
Ainsworth on 14:51 - Oct 11 with 3795 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on 14:35 - Oct 11 by QPRConor2000

I genuinely wonder if the reason why the club arnt saying anything is because they are already in the process of finding a replacement and are probably already talking with ainsworth about agreeing a payoff.

if the club seriously wanted to take control of the narrative, they could of easily put some pictures of training up with Ainsworth in them, surely there would be some non-internationals who will be in training this week,

That's what my theory is at least.

Think this is probably correct. Total radio silence suggests something is happening... although prob no training stuff as the squad will be off for a day or two due to international break.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 14:52]

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on 14:53 - Oct 11 with 3780 viewskingsburyR

Is he still with us?

And I now know somehow that Einstein did not say that quote...ever!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Ainsworth on 15:24 - Oct 11 with 3635 viewsbrad

he has to go .....it hasnt worked out for ainsworth because he is out of his depth......he had a go and failed...its over... the fanbase has gone from him... i would have loved if he succceded...but this is not going to happen.GO NOW
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 16:21 - Oct 11 with 3456 viewsMole_Senior

My suspicions are he will be given Huddersfield as 'another go' by which point the players will have revolted, Warnock will have accepted the Sheffield Wednesday job, Eustace taking the Rangers position and then all that is bargain bucket at Aldi - Nathan 'feckin' Jones

Only at QPR!
Ainsworth on 16:32 - Oct 11 with 3379 viewsQPRConor2000

Ainsworth on 16:21 - Oct 11 by Mole_Senior

My suspicions are he will be given Huddersfield as 'another go' by which point the players will have revolted, Warnock will have accepted the Sheffield Wednesday job, Eustace taking the Rangers position and then all that is bargain bucket at Aldi - Nathan 'feckin' Jones

Only at QPR!

Sheffield Wednesday have not approached Warnock at all.
Ainsworth on 16:34 - Oct 11 with 3370 viewstonyQPR

Ainsworth on 16:32 - Oct 11 by QPRConor2000

Sheffield Wednesday have not approached Warnock at all.

Can’t see him going there all thing’s considered
Ainsworth on 16:50 - Oct 11 with 3296 viewsngbqpr

Ainsworth on 23:58 - Oct 10 by PunteR

I dunno about that mate.

edit

Good chance Ramsey and JFH were his, in each case showing his lack of experience in the role, agreed...tho with JFH, it has to be said appointing a manager who'd done well a division or two down, and scouring the European leagues for bargains on paper wasn't a terrible idea.

My complete guess is that with these two not succeeding, he was thus overruled for IH and SMc.

I'd take Warburton back in a heartbeat and didn't want him to leave...but he was clearly sinning as well as sinned against. He pushed for (and got) the likes of Ball & Wallace for instance (against the 'plan'); and I suspect was more influential than Les in that summer overspend we're regretting now.

I maintain that Warbs to Beale to Critchley showed joined up thinking from a coaching perspective, and Amit blew it out the water with Gaz. Whether the core problem was the kids Les was pushing on the managers weren't up to it is a different debate.

Guess it'll all come out in the wash on the LFW patreon circa 204.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ainsworth on 18:38 - Oct 11 with 3049 viewsJames_Paddocks

Possibly the worst QPR performance of the century and not a peep from the club. Bizarre.
Ainsworth on 18:54 - Oct 11 with 2993 viewsQPRConor2000

Ainsworth on 18:38 - Oct 11 by James_Paddocks

Possibly the worst QPR performance of the century and not a peep from the club. Bizarre.

Thats my thoughts as well, this silence from the club is very bizzare indeed.

Surely the club could of easily put out a statement to clear the air, but instead they are silent and not saying anything.

It adds to my theory whether the club are actually in the process of changing managers, but they wont announce it until they sorted out a payout with Ainsworth and got their man to replace him.

Ideally we need a DOF back in to take control asap.
Ainsworth on 19:01 - Oct 11 with 2963 viewskensalriser

Ainsworth on 14:53 - Oct 11 by kingsburyR

Is he still with us?

And I now know somehow that Einstein did not say that quote...ever!

However, what Einstein definitely would say, is that any Rs fans still going to LR with our current home record must be crackers.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ainsworth on 19:14 - Oct 11 with 2893 viewsbaz_qpr

Ainsworth on 16:50 - Oct 11 by ngbqpr

Good chance Ramsey and JFH were his, in each case showing his lack of experience in the role, agreed...tho with JFH, it has to be said appointing a manager who'd done well a division or two down, and scouring the European leagues for bargains on paper wasn't a terrible idea.

My complete guess is that with these two not succeeding, he was thus overruled for IH and SMc.

I'd take Warburton back in a heartbeat and didn't want him to leave...but he was clearly sinning as well as sinned against. He pushed for (and got) the likes of Ball & Wallace for instance (against the 'plan'); and I suspect was more influential than Les in that summer overspend we're regretting now.

I maintain that Warbs to Beale to Critchley showed joined up thinking from a coaching perspective, and Amit blew it out the water with Gaz. Whether the core problem was the kids Les was pushing on the managers weren't up to it is a different debate.

Guess it'll all come out in the wash on the LFW patreon circa 204.

JFH was the board / Tony

Ramsey was a caretaker first, then given the job until the end of the season and only appointed permanently at the end of the season, so I think that was probably a joint call at the time.

Warbs, Beale and Critchley were the only ones that were properly appointed through a DOF process
Ainsworth on 19:32 - Oct 11 with 2817 viewsRangersw12

Can't believe he hasn't been sacked yet
Ainsworth on 19:50 - Oct 11 with 2757 viewsQPRConor2000

Ainsworth on 19:32 - Oct 11 by Rangersw12

Its utterly mind blowing.

[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 19:52]
Ainsworth on 21:35 - Oct 11 with 2495 viewsHoopsie

It is also utterly mind blowing should Warnock or Warburton or Eustace would want to come back here, in a situation at the club they would find much worse when they departed

There is no way forward for Ainsworth as well. I can’t see it, even if we beat Leicester against all odds, things wouldn’t change for the better. And that is if they get past Huddersfield away. Lose that match surely that is the end?

If the board could find no one, Ainsworth stays?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Ainsworth on 23:41 - Oct 11 with 2250 viewsLoftgirl

Ainsworth on 15:24 - Oct 11 by brad

he has to go .....it hasnt worked out for ainsworth because he is out of his depth......he had a go and failed...its over... the fanbase has gone from him... i would have loved if he succceded...but this is not going to happen.GO NOW

Ainsworth on 07:04 - Oct 12 with 2050 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on 19:32 - Oct 11 by Rangersw12

Like I say, sacking and replacing a manager costs money/FFP headroom, and any new manager is going to want to know how much money he'll have to spend in January. The answer we're able to give to that will severely limit the calibre of candidate interested in the job. So they might want to cling on as long as possible.

They might look at our next four games and while you obviously write Leicester off we've got Huddersfield and Rotherham in there, two of the four teams we think will be down there, so let's give him those and see how he goes. Obviously if it goes badly then you've burned off an international break which might have been an opportune moment, and you've lost two big six pointers, but then please return to point one.

Or perhaps they're just getting the replacement in order before pushing the button.
Ainsworth on 07:15 - Oct 12 with 2034 viewskernowhoop

Ainsworth on 07:04 - Oct 12 by Northernr

Like I say, sacking and replacing a manager costs money/FFP headroom, and any new manager is going to want to know how much money he'll have to spend in January. The answer we're able to give to that will severely limit the calibre of candidate interested in the job. So they might want to cling on as long as possible.

They might look at our next four games and while you obviously write Leicester off we've got Huddersfield and Rotherham in there, two of the four teams we think will be down there, so let's give him those and see how he goes. Obviously if it goes badly then you've burned off an international break which might have been an opportune moment, and you've lost two big six pointers, but then please return to point one.

Or perhaps they're just getting the replacement in order before pushing the button.

Reasonable comments, Clive.
The idea - expressed by some here - that the board should be talking openly to the fans about what is going on and the options that they face - is plain daft.
Ainsworth on 07:28 - Oct 12 with 1988 viewsstainrods_elbow

An Ainsworth is/was a 'man worth an enclosure', apparently. The crest translates as 'I hope for better'.

Ah yes, hope - that last human sentimentality, as Beckett called it . . . aka the thing that kills.

Or, if you're a Chaucerian type,

'Thanked be Fortune and hire false wheel,
That noon estaat assureth to be weel.'

(In the vulgar tongue, thanks, Rangers, for being the abject messiahs of footballing f*ck-ups.)
[Post edited 12 Oct 2023 7:44]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Ainsworth (n/t) on 07:29 - Oct 12 with 1996 viewsdistortR

Ainsworth on 07:04 - Oct 12 by Northernr

[Post edited 12 Oct 2023 7:31]
Ainsworth on 07:30 - Oct 12 with 1989 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ainsworth on 16:34 - Oct 11 by tonyQPR

Can’t see him going there all thing’s considered

He’s a blade….no way he’d go to Weds.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024