Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 127490 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 09:46 - Oct 8 with 2790 viewsHoopsie

This. My thoughts too

I was big on motivation thing that Ainsworth keeps espousing - the camaraderie, the haka, protecting the boys, it’s my fault not theirs, empty the tanks, boys gave it all - which I thought was severely lacking in last year’s squad that fell apart after Beale departed and dropped like a ton of rocks down the table.

I truly believe our squad is a decent XI but overall weak. However, we shouldn’t be easily picked off especially at home. Ainsworth, sadly, is devoid of any tactical nous and virtually no game plan and that is utterly telling.

I still believe with a good tactical coach that organised a team, this squad wouldn’t be bottom 3, maybe lower league table position but if coached well they should be ok

Not with Ainsworth, unfortunately . And that is the truth. Love the man, but his time is up.

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Ainsworth on 09:52 - Oct 8 with 2718 viewsRangersw12

Ainsworth on 09:46 - Oct 8 by Hoopsie

This. My thoughts too

I was big on motivation thing that Ainsworth keeps espousing - the camaraderie, the haka, protecting the boys, it’s my fault not theirs, empty the tanks, boys gave it all - which I thought was severely lacking in last year’s squad that fell apart after Beale departed and dropped like a ton of rocks down the table.

I truly believe our squad is a decent XI but overall weak. However, we shouldn’t be easily picked off especially at home. Ainsworth, sadly, is devoid of any tactical nous and virtually no game plan and that is utterly telling.

I still believe with a good tactical coach that organised a team, this squad wouldn’t be bottom 3, maybe lower league table position but if coached well they should be ok

Not with Ainsworth, unfortunately . And that is the truth. Love the man, but his time is up.

Is this squad worse than JFH , Holloway's or Mclaren's ?

For me he it isn't so it's down to the manager not getting the best out of this set of players .
Ainsworth on 09:55 - Oct 8 with 2699 viewsRangersw12

Ainsworth on 09:45 - Oct 8 by GaryBannister86

If he isn't sacked today then we really don't have the money to do so or our owners have completely checked out. No manager can survive this, surely?

We desperately need someone new to get the players that we know can play (Chair, Willock, Dykes) playing again. You know, by being radical and playing them in their best positions and not just lumping the ball 10 foot over their heads.

I would be on the phone to Warburton now with a begging bowl offering him a big bonus if he kept us up
Ainsworth on 09:57 - Oct 8 with 2687 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth on 09:45 - Oct 8 by GaryBannister86

If he isn't sacked today then we really don't have the money to do so or our owners have completely checked out. No manager can survive this, surely?

We desperately need someone new to get the players that we know can play (Chair, Willock, Dykes) playing again. You know, by being radical and playing them in their best positions and not just lumping the ball 10 foot over their heads.

Hmm, odd how that moment of ‘self-reflection’ after the Watford debacle, resulting in an epiphany, setting the team up to the players’ strengths to get the best out of them, has gone out the window.

GA doesn’t have a clue. He says stuff then contradicts himself. But, he hasn’t changed, he was always limited, so you can’t blame him for being limited. GA is making a very bad situation, of the owners’ and DoF’s making, worse. He needs to go, but you just know the owners will just make another disastrous decision.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth on 10:44 - Oct 8 with 2504 viewsJevlar

Does anyone think GA is starting to lose the dressing room? Something I noticed in yesterday's game was JCS always looking to pass to feet ahead rather than hit the channels a la John Beck's Cambridge United and getting frustrated.

Clutching at straws from me I guess, but I do think a different coach could get a bit more of a tune out of this squad.

We are still desperate for someone that can finish even if GA were to be let go. Unfair to load it all on Armstrong and whilst I like Dykes he isn't a double figures goal scorer.

At the risk of sounding like someone on social media saying 'Sign a striker' we do need another option up top...

Apologies - rambling post - just trying to make sense of it all. Going to LR right now and witnessing that showing is not a pleasant experience!
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 10:44]
Ainsworth on 10:53 - Oct 8 with 2432 viewsted_hendrix

Well he's still here.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ainsworth on 10:54 - Oct 8 with 2430 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on 10:44 - Oct 8 by Jevlar

Does anyone think GA is starting to lose the dressing room? Something I noticed in yesterday's game was JCS always looking to pass to feet ahead rather than hit the channels a la John Beck's Cambridge United and getting frustrated.

Clutching at straws from me I guess, but I do think a different coach could get a bit more of a tune out of this squad.

We are still desperate for someone that can finish even if GA were to be let go. Unfair to load it all on Armstrong and whilst I like Dykes he isn't a double figures goal scorer.

At the risk of sounding like someone on social media saying 'Sign a striker' we do need another option up top...

Apologies - rambling post - just trying to make sense of it all. Going to LR right now and witnessing that showing is not a pleasant experience!

Our impression at Leeds was the players were distinctly unhappy and unimpressed with what they were being asked to do, particularly Dykes, Cook and JCS. A lot of big exasperated sighs and arms flaps at each other and the other players. I can't imagine players like Cook and Colback who've played at the level they have want to be punting channel balls for Dykes to try and flick on to Sinclair Armstrong.

That team selection yesterday was legitimately insane.
Ainsworth on 10:57 - Oct 8 with 2408 viewsted_hendrix

Ainsworth on 10:44 - Oct 8 by Jevlar

We were saying similar things last night.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 10:57 - Oct 8 with 2405 viewsdaveB

To pick a left back at right back was mental yesterday, poor kid was thrown under the bus

To then not make any changes until we were 4-0 down I just despair.
If he loves the club as much as he claims to he should resign and save the club a pay out
Out of his depth at QPR, been an absolute disaster

yesterday the worst I've ever seen and I've seen some right old shit over the years but that was a top of the tree grade A make you want to jump off a building performance.
Ainsworth on 10:59 - Oct 8 with 2396 viewsleananger

"We are still desperate for someone that can finish even if GA were to be let go. Unfair to load it all on Armstrong and whilst I like Dykes he isn't a double figures goal scorer."
Who are our chance providers?
Ainsworth on 11:05 - Oct 8 with 2330 viewstraininvain

Ainsworth on 10:57 - Oct 8 by daveB

To pick a left back at right back was mental yesterday, poor kid was thrown under the bus

If he loves the club as much as he claims to he should resign and save the club a pay out

yesterday the worst I've ever seen and I've seen some right old shit over the years but that was a top of the tree grade A make you want to jump off a building performance.

Yeah I was surprised not to see any subs at the start of the second half. Not sure if Ainsworth froze or if he was making some kind of point but it was one of the most bizarre decisions I’ve seen from a qpr manager and that’s saying something.

Starting Duke McKenna and Larkeche was completely wrong given the circumstances and their inexperience. They were taking pelters from plenty of fans sat near me and that’s on the manager. He’s completely out of his depth.
Ainsworth on 11:10 - Oct 8 with 2293 viewsderbyhoop

Ainsworth on 21:28 - Oct 6 by stainrods_elbow

Then why not - here's a thought - have the audacity to look at managers who actually coach and get the best out of what they've got rather than cheque-book/'Arry types?

Like Critchley?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ainsworth on 11:15 - Oct 8 with 2241 viewsQPRConor2000

I just cannot fathom why Ainsworth should stay as the manager of this club.

The players yesterday clearly are not playing for him, there is no identity, no leadership, no direction, no set vision ether.

Ainsworth said when he came in that he wanted players to fight for him, where is that fight? There isnt any!

Ainsworth will always be a well regarded player and all that, and with a two week international break now, its time to make a change, cause it just isn't working under Ainsworth.

Amit, if your reading this then please, please get rid of Ainsworth now, the players clearly dont want him and the fans have had enough of it.
Ainsworth on 11:19 - Oct 8 with 2211 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Playing that lad at right was absolute nuts, how GA ever thought that was a good idea is beyond me. Could of put Kakay, Drewe or even Adomah rather than do that. Talk about confidence destroyed.

As for sticking Chair on the wing. Anyone at Wimbledon preseason game could see it didn't work, yet here we are in October.

He should resign.
Ainsworth on 11:22 - Oct 8 with 2193 viewsHoopsie

Ainsworth on 10:59 - Oct 8 by leananger

"We are still desperate for someone that can finish even if GA were to be let go. Unfair to load it all on Armstrong and whilst I like Dykes he isn't a double figures goal scorer."
Who are our chance providers?

I share you concerns, but

Our top scorer is Paal, a left back, and then Colback

I think if we get our tactics right and attacking plan together, there are goals in the team, perhaps not relying solely on the strikers?

Ainsworth on 11:31 - Oct 8 with 2142 viewsParkRoyalR

My thoughts exactly,

No substitutions until whenever and to not put a passing move together until the 85th odd minute is beyond belief,

It was clear he has lost the dressing room by Chair's behaviour yesterday, Colback was doing his best to coach players around him during the game as had'nt been done on the training ground, whilst Dozzell and Clarke Salter strolled around obviously not giving a flying fxxk,

If Ainsworth thinks success is solely down to heart + desire I suggest he takes up cage-fighting, he'll soon find out without proper training, technique and a game-plan, all the heart in the world won't save you from a hiding, which is what we got yesterday.

Time to go. If he had any dignity he would resign now and let the club use the international break to find a replacement.
Ainsworth on 11:32 - Oct 8 with 2142 viewsHoopsie

Ainsworth on 11:15 - Oct 8 by QPRConor2000

I just cannot fathom why Ainsworth should stay as the manager of this club.

The players yesterday clearly are not playing for him, there is no identity, no leadership, no direction, no set vision ether.

Ainsworth said when he came in that he wanted players to fight for him, where is that fight? There isnt any!

Ainsworth will always be a well regarded player and all that, and with a two week international break now, its time to make a change, cause it just isn't working under Ainsworth.

Amit, if your reading this then please, please get rid of Ainsworth now, the players clearly dont want him and the fans have had enough of it.

I think the buy in is now a sell out

You will fight for a charismatic manager however if you are sent out to be outplayed each time, players will eventually turn against the manager.

Ainsworth on 11:46 - Oct 8 with 2064 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth on 10:54 - Oct 8 by Northernr

Our impression at Leeds was the players were distinctly unhappy and unimpressed with what they were being asked to do, particularly Dykes, Cook and JCS. A lot of big exasperated sighs and arms flaps at each other and the other players. I can't imagine players like Cook and Colback who've played at the level they have want to be punting channel balls for Dykes to try and flick on to Sinclair Armstrong.

That team selection yesterday was legitimately insane.

Holloway was seen getting the Tombola out of the boot of his car when he arrived for the reunion.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth on 11:46 - Oct 8 with 2066 viewsRs_Holy

I was firmly in the ‘stick with GA’ camp all the the way until around 3:45 yesterday…
Gareth, I love you mate but it’s time to move on. Yesterday’s episode was embarrassing for just about everyone concerned… we need to get back to some proper football fundamentals. This squad is almost certainly going down but let’s do it playing some structured, tactical footy…
My current biggest fear is it’s going to get even worse than yesterday when we play Leicester.
Ainsworth on 11:58 - Oct 8 with 1979 viewsHoopsie

Ainsworth on 11:46 - Oct 8 by Rs_Holy

I was firmly in the ‘stick with GA’ camp all the the way until around 3:45 yesterday…
Gareth, I love you mate but it’s time to move on. Yesterday’s episode was embarrassing for just about everyone concerned… we need to get back to some proper football fundamentals. This squad is almost certainly going down but let’s do it playing some structured, tactical footy…
My current biggest fear is it’s going to get even worse than yesterday when we play Leicester.

Even if we would have a “Burnley moment” against Leicester (if that’s what Ainsworth is hoping for), let’s be honest, it won’t last.

Blackburn couldn’t come earlier, and the club must not wait further- pull the plug

PS * we got undone easily by a team that lost their last 4 and weren’t particularly firing upfront. It pains me to state that
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 12:15]

Ainsworth on 12:14 - Oct 8 with 1860 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ainsworth on 11:10 - Oct 8 by derbyhoop

Like Critchley?

Yeah, on paper at least, just like Critchley. I don't know why it didn't work out for him at QPR, or if it would have had he stayed longer than five minutes. You'd need to ask him and/or our so-called players.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Ainsworth on 12:40 - Oct 8 with 1772 viewsThird_Division_South

Ainsworth on 12:14 - Oct 8 by stainrods_elbow

Yeah, on paper at least, just like Critchley. I don't know why it didn't work out for him at QPR, or if it would have had he stayed longer than five minutes. You'd need to ask him and/or our so-called players.

I’ve been a supporter of Ainsworth since he arrived but after yesterday I can’t defend him anymore. It looks like Wayne Rooney is about to be appointed at Brum, would Eustace return?
Ainsworth on 12:51 - Oct 8 with 1704 viewskensalriser

The sad, not to mention stupid, thing about all of this is how entirely predictable it was. I said at the beginning he would likely be gone in October, it was just so obvious it wasn't working last season. And the three year deal was once again the peak numbskullery we've seen from this board time and time again.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ainsworth on 13:31 - Oct 8 with 1579 viewsPastCaringNW2

Ainsworth on 12:40 - Oct 8 by Third_Division_South

I’ve been a supporter of Ainsworth since he arrived but after yesterday I can’t defend him anymore. It looks like Wayne Rooney is about to be appointed at Brum, would Eustace return?

Eustace? Knowing us we'd make him manager and hire Warbs as his assistant. Very 1996.
Ainsworth on 13:36 - Oct 8 with 1556 viewsMatch82

Ainsworth on 09:20 - Oct 8 by PastCaringNW2

An appeasement appointment has appeasement consequences.

The club's endless fueling of nostalgia for 67, 76, 82, 04 is also part of the problem or rather an exercise in distraction. Forever Rs is a beautiful thing but also has a role in keeping people docile.

We needed a forward-thinking strategy, heavy on data and Individualised coaching with a high degree of risk-reward. We got the Dad Rock strategy instead complete with the endless repackaging of the back catalogue.

Right now we would struggle to get a Luke Garrard or even a Gareth Taylor ( speaking of nostalgia! ) to come here. Emma Hayes probably wouldn't even take the meeting.

Still you can always buy a 96 relegation season away shirt to cheer yourself up and all those home defeats now feel depressingly familiar. And dare.I say that was another season when owners were looking to get out from under at the least possible expense to themselves.

And we let Warbs go for this???

Under Warbs was the closest I've felt in decades to truly having our Rangers back.

But Warburton is as responsible as anyone for the situation we find ourselves in financially, we pushed the boat out on his reassurance we'd go up and we didn't achieve that, that's why he's not here.

I'd still take him back though, even in a DOF role.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024