Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 125126 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 13:49 - Oct 5 with 3878 viewsWegerles_Stairs

0.05 xG first half.
Ainsworth on 14:05 - Oct 5 with 3818 viewsTK1

I don't think the players are in fact "emptying the tank", anymore than they did last season. I think they've checked out.
On our WhatsApp I wrote after 30 mins "Team aren't interested. Predict: at least one muscle injury and possibly a red".
I was joking, but within seconds, Colback was sitting down. Bit of a groin, eh. Cook's got a muscle injury. Field is suspended now, pointless yellow too. Begovic suspended...
These players do not want to be playing hopeful channel balls to a 20 year-old rookie while the number 9 plays as a 10 and the natural 10 is on the wing (adjusting his socks throughout), with the left-sided forward playing right-wing back and a 36 year-old winger throwing "long" throws straight to the defender...
Three foul throws in one game?! Come on now.

In every club, it's always about the manager and the leader. Last season, the players downed tools because they had no faith in the leadership of the club. It's going to happen again. Championship level players, some of whom have played at a higher level, do not want to play underdog L1 football. They don't! And I don't want to watch it either.

The idea that it's Gareth Ainsworth or nobody until the end of the season is mad. He has to win Saturday. Has to. Next home after Blackburn is Leicester: we can't get to November without a home win.

I'd get Colin in until of season if we lose and see if we can tempt Shaun Derry from Wolves alongside with a view to taking over in the summer if it goes well. People say he's an excellent coach.
Ainsworth on 14:18 - Oct 5 with 3737 viewsthehat

We need to stick with Ainsworth as we do not have the funds to pay him and his staff off and appoint a manager who will want a lot more money (salary) than we are currently paying.

Besides - I don't think any other manager will get any more out of this squad than Gareth.

We need to all stick together and somehow hope we can cobble together the 46 or so points needed to stay up. We are in a mini league of about 7 clubs which is a relegation dog fight. Gareth is probably best suited for just that.
Ainsworth on 14:18 - Oct 5 with 3736 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on 14:05 - Oct 5 by TK1

I don't think the players are in fact "emptying the tank", anymore than they did last season. I think they've checked out.
On our WhatsApp I wrote after 30 mins "Team aren't interested. Predict: at least one muscle injury and possibly a red".
I was joking, but within seconds, Colback was sitting down. Bit of a groin, eh. Cook's got a muscle injury. Field is suspended now, pointless yellow too. Begovic suspended...
These players do not want to be playing hopeful channel balls to a 20 year-old rookie while the number 9 plays as a 10 and the natural 10 is on the wing (adjusting his socks throughout), with the left-sided forward playing right-wing back and a 36 year-old winger throwing "long" throws straight to the defender...
Three foul throws in one game?! Come on now.

In every club, it's always about the manager and the leader. Last season, the players downed tools because they had no faith in the leadership of the club. It's going to happen again. Championship level players, some of whom have played at a higher level, do not want to play underdog L1 football. They don't! And I don't want to watch it either.

The idea that it's Gareth Ainsworth or nobody until the end of the season is mad. He has to win Saturday. Has to. Next home after Blackburn is Leicester: we can't get to November without a home win.

I'd get Colin in until of season if we lose and see if we can tempt Shaun Derry from Wolves alongside with a view to taking over in the summer if it goes well. People say he's an excellent coach.

Replacing Ainsworth with Derry would be like replacing Derry with Ainsworth.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on 14:22 - Oct 5 with 3711 viewsthemodfather

too many replies to read but my penny worth, we have had little luck, few decent refs and many poor decisions against us, but we are not doing it on the pitch, not scoring and look a little lost. goals win games and like many qpr fans, if not all, i want STABILITY and not an endless chain of manager of the month but unless things change asap....we have to act or accept going down and years in league one trying to rebuild and gain confidence.
look at ipswich and plymouth, flying cos they have won games and have confidence. we look donald ducked.
lose to blackburn, time to go for me.
Ainsworth on 14:23 - Oct 5 with 3707 viewsaston_hoop

Its that constant clamour for former players and managers to come back in that always gets me. How I'd love to see us be the club that hires a Stephen Schumacher, a Keiran McKenna, a Rob Edwards, to be the club that finds a David Wagner. Yes I know we tried it with Mick, yes I know how that ended. But its a path we needed to continue, it feels like the only way to get any kind of progress on the budget we have. Instead we are playing predictable football with a tactically very limited manager but who was a club legend and have half the fan-base crying out for 74 year old Neil Warnock, because he's a club legend. Also now we have the likes of Cook and Colback on 2 year deals and presumably decent money filling up any spaces that we'd like to improve an already limited squad. How did we get ourselves into this mess again?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ainsworth on 14:36 - Oct 5 with 3642 viewsR_from_afar

Ainsworth on 12:27 - Oct 5 by bosh67

I think someone said something very similar to what I've said in that realistically Ainsworth is here to stay, even if we do go down. Perhaps we should have gone down last year and then we could have had a very different type of rebuild.

Ainsworth has been told that there is no money, no loans, nothing in the pot to get another forward or anything like that. His hands are tied behind his back and he's hopping on one leg. He actually said before the window closed that ideally he would have liked another 10 or 11 but he got in what he could. We have decent players at this level, older, not that in demand and none of them are goal scorers. But that is where we are at, paying for all the financial mistakes that the club has made over the years. We are now the poor relations of the division and we have a manager who is used to having to work with very limited resources.

The problem is that his style of play is very limited and we're seeing that more this season. The players do try but the football is limited and that is partly due to what Ainsworth can but much more to do with having ultra limited resources going forward. Dykes did a very good thing and signed a long contract because it helps us make some money when he moves on. He will move on and that will leave us with nothing really.

The criticism I have re Armstrong is that it seems bloody obvious that he needs a mentor and the obvious one to 1-2-1 coach him is Furlong. Has that been done? probably not. But where we are at is having a second striker who has a lot of potential but no real instinct in front of goal, alongside one who doesn't score many anyway. Willock has lost his confidence and mojo. Chair is half lost without him. Our defence and midfield are kind of okay but we have almost nothing going forward, with no chance to solve it bar other juniors.

Ainsworth gets pelters for smiling and half laughing in interviews but I think half of that is actually frustration and nerves. He knows it's not going well but all he has is enthusiasm and hope, and hope has got a hamstring injury metaphorically.

I doubt we will pull the plug on Ainsworth any time soon (or at time of writing this) because he was appointed I think based on the fact that we are short term doomed, mid term doomed and possible long term not so doomed.

But come on guys. Ainsworth has no money, no loans, a total lack of senior striker options, a midfielder with no hamstrings, another who sadly has mental health issues and others who are misfiring. I wouldn't be Ainsworth for anything right now but like the rest of this squad, realistically he's all we've got. Would Warnock do better under these circumstances even if we could afford him? Dubious. I don't think there are other managers who could get much more out of this given that we they have so little to work with.

Let's also add that we have no DOF so Ainsworth is copping all that responsibility as well.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2023 12:34]

Excellent post and glad you mentioned the lack of a DoF because I was just about to post that it is close to four months since it was announced that Les was leaving. The club needs to get the new person in quickly now so there is some fresh input. We are in, or very close, to a major crisis.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ainsworth on 18:21 - Oct 5 with 3400 viewsQPRConor2000

If we were to sack Ainsworth then I would favour us getting a young manager in, get some fresh ideas in the team with an emphasis on being controlled in possession and positional play and overlapping teams.

For me Ainsworth is far more of a motivator than a coach, and that lies the issue, he lacks the tactical awareness at this level, and you look at managers like Kieran McKenna playing such superb fluid football yesterday, and they are just behind Leicester in the league.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 21:34 - Oct 5 with 3151 viewsLblock

Ainsworth on 14:36 - Oct 5 by R_from_afar

Excellent post and glad you mentioned the lack of a DoF because I was just about to post that it is close to four months since it was announced that Les was leaving. The club needs to get the new person in quickly now so there is some fresh input. We are in, or very close, to a major crisis.

Can you not see that a new DoF = another huge salary leaving the coffers?
The FFP argument is BS but it's a clear indication to me that the Board are offski.

The pay packet for this will need to be huge.
An unqualified Teflon Les was drawing a great wage - we need someone with experience, contacts, nouse-- they will be employed already. They will want double what Les was on and need to be guaranteed five years to re-shape the club.

If they are out there why else would you join a sinking ship? Yes people love a challenge and big moolah.... but there are limits to the size of challenge!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ainsworth on 21:39 - Oct 5 with 3130 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on 18:21 - Oct 5 by QPRConor2000

If we were to sack Ainsworth then I would favour us getting a young manager in, get some fresh ideas in the team with an emphasis on being controlled in possession and positional play and overlapping teams.

For me Ainsworth is far more of a motivator than a coach, and that lies the issue, he lacks the tactical awareness at this level, and you look at managers like Kieran McKenna playing such superb fluid football yesterday, and they are just behind Leicester in the league.

First question any new manager is going to have - how much is there to spend on players.

Our answer to that will immediately colour the calibre of candidate who'd be interested.
Ainsworth on 22:29 - Oct 5 with 3010 viewsSydneyRs

Ainsworth on 18:21 - Oct 5 by QPRConor2000

Isn't that where Dobson is supposed to come in?
Ainsworth on 10:13 - Oct 6 with 2789 viewsTK1

Ainsworth on 14:18 - Oct 5 by Antti_Heinola

Replacing Ainsworth with Derry would be like replacing Derry with Ainsworth.

Except that's not what I suggested. I said if we lose on Saturday I'd consider bringing in Warnock, with perhaps Derry as an assistant so we could have a look at each other for the future.
Because Ainsworth and Derry are nothing like each other. Derry is a respected Premier League coach who has worked recently as 1st team coach at Palace and though he left under a cloud, it didn't prevent him being appointed 1st team coach at Wolves with Gary O'Neil. Because he's a really good coach. Ainsworth, whatever his skill set as a manager, is never, ever going to be offered a job working as a coach in the PL or even at Champ level. Because he's no good at that. The evidence is in front of our eyes each week. Gareth's skill set is vibes. No idea if Derry is any good at that. Doubt it. And maybe we need those too, which is why it would be worth seeing what he's like around the place.
Ainsworth on 10:26 - Oct 6 with 2737 viewsR_from_afar

Ainsworth on 21:34 - Oct 5 by Lblock

The FFP argument is BS but it's a clear indication to me that the Board are offski.

An unqualified Teflon Les was drawing a great wage - we need someone with experience, contacts, nouse-- they will be employed already. They will want double what Les was on and need to be guaranteed five years to re-shape the club.

If they are out there why else would you join a sinking ship? Yes people love a challenge and big moolah.... but there are limits to the size of challenge!!!

The thing is, the club has already engaged consultants to find us a new DoF.

Over and above that, a DoF is a very sound investment and will save us money if we get a decent one because it will avoid us wasting money developing or buying the wrong sort of players and employing inappropriate managers.

In theory, at least...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ainsworth on 10:38 - Oct 6 with 2683 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth on 21:34 - Oct 5 by Lblock

DOF wage isn't that huge, it's a role we need at the club
Ainsworth on 11:38 - Oct 6 with 2507 viewsQPRConor2000

I see John Eustace is under pressure at Birmingham, rumours that Wayne Rooney might be coming in.

I think Eustace would be a good appointment for us.
Ainsworth on 11:51 - Oct 6 with 2462 viewsGloucs_R

Ainsworth on 11:38 - Oct 6 by QPRConor2000

I see John Eustace is under pressure at Birmingham, rumours that Wayne Rooney might be coming in.

I think Eustace would be a good appointment for us.

Spent a lot of money at Birmingham and they are only mid-table.... Not sure whose idea it was to buy all of the Rangers rejects from last season who are permanently injured.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 11:57 - Oct 6 with 2437 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Ainsworth on 11:51 - Oct 6 by Gloucs_R

Spent a lot of money at Birmingham and they are only mid-table.... Not sure whose idea it was to buy all of the Rangers rejects from last season who are permanently injured.

Anyone complicit in signing Roberts and even Laird albeit to a lesser extent need their heads checking.
Ainsworth on 12:18 - Oct 6 with 2348 viewsQPRConor2000

Ainsworth on 11:51 - Oct 6 by Gloucs_R

Dont worry, Ben Williams will sort it.
Ainsworth on 14:03 - Oct 6 with 2122 viewsRs_Holy

Ainsworth on 11:57 - Oct 6 by Padulas_Shampoo

Anyone complicit in signing Roberts and even Laird albeit to a lesser extent need their heads checking.

Signing Roberts on a 4 year deal … OUCH!!!
Ainsworth on 14:19 - Oct 6 with 2079 viewsNW5Hoop

It's a poor set of players, and Ainsworth isn't getting the most out of them. Bit of a recipe for disaster.
Ainsworth on 18:32 - Oct 6 with 1891 viewsThe_Beast1976

Ainsworth on 11:57 - Oct 6 by Padulas_Shampoo

^This 100%

If Eustace was involved in those transfers then he isn't fit to be employed as a manager
Ainsworth on 18:38 - Oct 6 with 1880 viewsMonkey_Roots

Ainsworth on 14:19 - Oct 6 by NW5Hoop

It's a poor set of players, and Ainsworth isn't getting the most out of them. Bit of a recipe for disaster.

I don't think it is a poor set of players.

Most teams at this level would love Chair and Willock, they would benefit from the experience of Begovic, Cook and Colback, would enjoy having a goal scoring left back in Paal, would wistfully daydream about what they could do with an Armstrong, and be pleased as punch with Field the shield.

Obviously, the garden isn't all rosey, but this isn't a poor set of players IMO.
Ainsworth on 21:21 - Oct 6 with 1721 viewsPunteR

Ainsworth on 18:38 - Oct 6 by Monkey_Roots

I don't think it is a poor set of players.

Most teams at this level would love Chair and Willock, they would benefit from the experience of Begovic, Cook and Colback, would enjoy having a goal scoring left back in Paal, would wistfully daydream about what they could do with an Armstrong, and be pleased as punch with Field the shield.

Obviously, the garden isn't all rosey, but this isn't a poor set of players IMO.

"Most teams at this level would love Chair and Willock"

So why didnt any of them come in for them in the summer transfer market?

"Begovic, Cook and Colback",
Why were they let go by their former clubs?

"Field the shield" is a catchy title but if he was such a shield why we 3rd from bottom in the league?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ainsworth on 21:23 - Oct 6 with 1720 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on 21:21 - Oct 6 by PunteR

"Most teams at this level would love Chair and Willock"

So why didnt any of them come in for them in the summer transfer market?

"Begovic, Cook and Colback",
Why were they let go by their former clubs?

"Field the shield" is a catchy title but if he was such a shield why we 3rd from bottom in the league?

Quite. Any team in this league could have had Chair, Willock or Field at ridiculously low prices this summer and they all passed.
Ainsworth on 21:26 - Oct 6 with 1698 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ainsworth on 14:22 - Oct 5 by themodfather

too many replies to read but my penny worth, we have had little luck, few decent refs and many poor decisions against us, but we are not doing it on the pitch, not scoring and look a little lost. goals win games and like many qpr fans, if not all, i want STABILITY and not an endless chain of manager of the month but unless things change asap....we have to act or accept going down and years in league one trying to rebuild and gain confidence.
look at ipswich and plymouth, flying cos they have won games and have confidence. we look donald ducked.
lose to blackburn, time to go for me.

So you crave 'STABILITY' but want to ditch GA pdq if we lose on Saturday and off we go again? I guess you're a man divided!

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024