Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mayhill tonight 21:51 - May 20 with 18554 viewsChief

Some sort of riot going on!?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Mayhill tonight on 12:46 - May 22 with 2300 viewsJack123

Mayhill tonight on 02:50 - May 22 by Jack59

You may get to within a few yards and find knives coming out of their pockets, also in their hyped and crazed state, they will think they are not only invincible but they've got nothing to lose anyway. But as you say, as a last resort to protect family, you'd have to.
I think we are dealing with a generation who have never received suitable punishment for their misdemeanours when they were children, and later, their offences when youths.
Why should we expect different behavior?
The do-gooders (probably less than 3% of the country and usually thirty somethings) with massive support from the TV media have also played a big part, probably just as much as the crap music they listen to, which promotes violence against the police.
Even Putin is worried about the popularity of rap music and is at a loss on how to deal with it.
Music is very powerful, it can be used positively or negatively, historically its led men into battle where they may lose their lives, on the other side of the coin, so many men in the 1970's would have been very grateful to Barry White, let's just say his song's helped put a smile on your face on the journey home.

Yes, wise words.

As much as I like to think if faced with a similar scenario to what happened in Mayhill, you could fend them off, in reality it would be a foolhardy thing to do.

libera nos a malo

Mayhill tonight on 14:53 - May 22 with 2185 viewscontroversial_jack

Mayhill tonight on 10:02 - May 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Water cannon is the answer

They wouldn't get up the steep hills
Mayhill tonight on 16:58 - May 22 with 2084 viewsonehunglow

Mayhill tonight on 12:46 - May 22 by Jack123

Yes, wise words.

As much as I like to think if faced with a similar scenario to what happened in Mayhill, you could fend them off, in reality it would be a foolhardy thing to do.

Barry White!.
You had to be there.

Girls loved him.He made them turn to jello

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mayhill tonight on 18:16 - May 22 with 2055 viewsmax936

4 been arrested so far, one a 16yr old.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mayhill tonight on 22:01 - May 22 with 1960 viewsKilkennyjack

Mayhill tonight on 02:15 - May 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Does anyone know the fate of the dog by any chance? I was pretty sickened when I saw that.

This is a direct consequence of what we have been seeing in the States and how it was portrayed as acceptable via the media. Everything has a knock on effect and I think people are slowly starting to understand the damage it caused, and is still causing. I can’t imagine this would have escalated to the levels it did without having the coverage of other “riots” in recent months.

As much as it annoys people to hear, the best thing I ever did was move out of South Wales.

But I woke this morning with the image of that dog in my mind sadly, so if anyone knows what happened to the poor thing. Stick an update on here.

The police said the dog was not on fire.

Just about the only good news surrounding this one... ☹️

GoFundme page has been set up for anyone who feels able to assist the people caught up in this dreadful night.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/may-hill-riot?qid=d3076d400d9f7a19181f99c975150bfa&am

Come on Perch, words are cheap ... put your hand in your pocket ...

Beware of the Risen People

Mayhill tonight on 22:07 - May 22 with 1956 viewsJackUlation

apparently over £ 5000 worth of improvements caused.
Mayhill tonight on 22:08 - May 22 with 1954 viewsBoundy

Mayhill tonight on 22:07 - May 22 by JackUlation

Not particularly funny especially if you were one who was unfortunate to be on the receiving end

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mayhill tonight on 22:35 - May 22 with 1923 viewsJack123

Crap joke..

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Mayhill tonight on 23:22 - May 22 with 1882 viewsraynor94

Pathetic!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mayhill tonight on 23:25 - May 22 with 1875 viewsSlugster664

Mayhill tonight on 02:15 - May 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Does anyone know the fate of the dog by any chance? I was pretty sickened when I saw that.

This is a direct consequence of what we have been seeing in the States and how it was portrayed as acceptable via the media. Everything has a knock on effect and I think people are slowly starting to understand the damage it caused, and is still causing. I can’t imagine this would have escalated to the levels it did without having the coverage of other “riots” in recent months.

As much as it annoys people to hear, the best thing I ever did was move out of South Wales.

But I woke this morning with the image of that dog in my mind sadly, so if anyone knows what happened to the poor thing. Stick an update on here.

There was no dog injured or set alight. It did look this way due to light/camera shine but luckily it wasn't the case

STID

Mayhill tonight on 00:19 - May 23 with 1863 viewsKilkennyjack

Mayhill tonight on 23:25 - May 22 by Slugster664

There was no dog injured or set alight. It did look this way due to light/camera shine but luckily it wasn't the case

The dog was called Les Ferdinand.

Beware of the Risen People

Mayhill tonight on 09:08 - May 23 with 1773 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mayhill tonight on 14:53 - May 22 by controversial_jack

They wouldn't get up the steep hills

They are fully motorised - it’s not like they're medieval siege engines you know (or large wooden rabbits for example) which had to be pushed by hand

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mayhill tonight on 11:16 - May 23 with 1733 viewscontroversial_jack

Mayhill tonight on 09:08 - May 23 by Brynmill_Jack

They are fully motorised - it’s not like they're medieval siege engines you know (or large wooden rabbits for example) which had to be pushed by hand

I don't think this country has any, the govt sold them off
Mayhill tonight on 11:58 - May 23 with 1716 viewsmajorraglan

Mayhill tonight on 11:16 - May 23 by controversial_jack

I don't think this country has any, the govt sold them off

Boris bought 3 for London when he was mayor, Theresa May banned their use anywhere in England and Wales and they were scrapped by Sadique Khan about 3 years ago as attempts to sell them were unsuccessful. I think it ended up costing the London about £300,000.
Mayhill tonight on 12:29 - May 23 with 1689 viewsmax936

Mayhill tonight on 11:58 - May 23 by majorraglan

Boris bought 3 for London when he was mayor, Theresa May banned their use anywhere in England and Wales and they were scrapped by Sadique Khan about 3 years ago as attempts to sell them were unsuccessful. I think it ended up costing the London about £300,000.

Pathetic in it, get them out and use them, a single snowflake politician should never be allowed to make a decision that affects public disorder.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mayhill tonight on 12:39 - May 23 with 1679 viewscontroversial_jack

Mayhill tonight on 23:22 - May 22 by raynor94

Pathetic!

Chill out mate, it's only banter
Mayhill tonight on 13:36 - May 23 with 1621 viewsJack59

Sadly things that would have had the whole pub laughing up to 20 years ago, don't have the same effect anymore. It made me laugh, and I've got friends who grew up in Townhill/Mayhill who would also find it funny.
I used to be out alsout 5 nights a week for over 30 years, and when I recall opening pub doors in those times, I get vivid memories of the strong smell of smoke and beer, but also the loud laughter that would be coming from various parts of the pub. What a dreadful loss it is to the whole of society that people should end up deprived of this outlet.
The experts say laughter is excellent for your health, but unfortunately most of the country has been bullied or indoctrinated away from multiple sources of humour.
I really don't know what is allowed to be funny anymore. Oh well, I've had my fabulous times, the miserable world that's developing must be endured by future generations. .
Mayhill tonight on 14:34 - May 23 with 1577 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mayhill tonight on 13:36 - May 23 by Jack59

Sadly things that would have had the whole pub laughing up to 20 years ago, don't have the same effect anymore. It made me laugh, and I've got friends who grew up in Townhill/Mayhill who would also find it funny.
I used to be out alsout 5 nights a week for over 30 years, and when I recall opening pub doors in those times, I get vivid memories of the strong smell of smoke and beer, but also the loud laughter that would be coming from various parts of the pub. What a dreadful loss it is to the whole of society that people should end up deprived of this outlet.
The experts say laughter is excellent for your health, but unfortunately most of the country has been bullied or indoctrinated away from multiple sources of humour.
I really don't know what is allowed to be funny anymore. Oh well, I've had my fabulous times, the miserable world that's developing must be endured by future generations. .

Good post, I agree the loss of irreverent humour to fake outrage and attempts at virtue signalling means we are struggling to laugh at ourselves.
[Post edited 23 May 2021 14:53]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Mayhill tonight on 14:44 - May 23 with 1568 viewsTreforys_Jack

People are desperate to be outraged and offended these days, it was a crap joke though.
Mayhill tonight on 14:47 - May 23 with 1563 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mayhill tonight on 13:36 - May 23 by Jack59

You don’t think he’s a Cardiff fan then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mayhill tonight on 14:58 - May 23 with 1538 viewsJack59

Mayhill tonight on 14:47 - May 23 by Brynmill_Jack

You don’t think he’s a Cardiff fan then?

It wouldn't matter really if he was, that's something that you'd have to accept to live in the world that I enjoyed so much.
Incidentally, a few of the my favourite pubs from the 70's and 80's were 'The Cricketers' 'The Rhyddings' and 'Streets' otherwise known as 'The Uplands Hotel' all in Brynmill and Uplands.
Mayhill tonight on 14:59 - May 23 with 1537 viewscontroversial_jack

Mayhill tonight on 11:58 - May 23 by majorraglan

I wonder how long it would take to drive them from London to Mayhill?
Mayhill tonight on 18:37 - May 23 with 1452 viewsjack_lord

Mayhill tonight on 14:58 - May 23 by Jack59

It wouldn't matter really if he was, that's something that you'd have to accept to live in the world that I enjoyed so much.
Incidentally, a few of the my favourite pubs from the 70's and 80's were 'The Cricketers' 'The Rhyddings' and 'Streets' otherwise known as 'The Uplands Hotel' all in Brynmill and Uplands.

Very happy memories.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Mayhill tonight on 21:44 - May 24 with 1324 viewsMinesapint

I know arrests have been made. Already wondering what punishments will be handed out.

Rather than community service or a fine, the guilty ones should be made to face those poor residents even if it is on day release should they get a spell at Her Majestys pleasure and help repair the damage they created. Let them feel the utter disgust of their community.
Mayhill tonight on 22:01 - May 24 with 1283 viewsFlashberryjack

Mayhill tonight on 21:44 - May 24 by Minesapint

I know arrests have been made. Already wondering what punishments will be handed out.

Rather than community service or a fine, the guilty ones should be made to face those poor residents even if it is on day release should they get a spell at Her Majestys pleasure and help repair the damage they created. Let them feel the utter disgust of their community.

So far only 4 arrests have been made, South Wales police have sprung into action.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024