Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mayhill tonight 21:51 - May 20 with 18552 viewsChief

Some sort of riot going on!?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Mayhill tonight on 14:31 - May 21 with 1829 viewskrunchykarrot

Locals need to and will sort this out the correct way im sure.
Mayhill tonight on 14:33 - May 21 with 1826 viewsmajorraglan

Mayhill tonight on 14:06 - May 21 by onehunglow

I read about it being urged that Police wade into them but imagine the Press coverage of Police brutality. It happens every time we get this.I'm not going into details of my former career but suffice to say I was right in the thick of any public order issues and had to justify everything me and my troops did ,to the letter as senior officers themselves will be looking to absolve themselves from any malpractice or negative publicity which would block their next promotion.
There is a plethora of people out there looking to use positive police action against these sort.
There will be many many excuses normally but it is good to see none being offered here and that in itself is something Swansea can be proud of.

The police are on a hiding to nothing. Use force and they get hammered don’t do anything and still get hammered. What we saw last night was disgraceful, I felt really sorry for the 2 or 3 police officers on the end of a bricking.

If the police use force it’s only right that their response is proportionate and lawful, but the public and society in general need to be prepared to accept that in circumstances such as this the level of force may be more than what they’ve been used to. We saw people bricking the police from 10 yards, anyone directly in front of the police and such close proximity has to be considered a troublemaker and be fair game.
Mayhill tonight on 14:57 - May 21 with 1770 viewsFlashberryjack

Mayhill tonight on 13:48 - May 21 by KeithHaynes

Enzo says -

The little sh*ts weren't so brave when faced with someone that would fight back, a little lesson to to the police here, they've got to fight this scum with two arms tied behind their back.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mayhill tonight on 15:31 - May 21 with 1704 viewsonehunglow

Mayhill tonight on 14:57 - May 21 by Flashberryjack

The little sh*ts weren't so brave when faced with someone that would fight back, a little lesson to to the police here, they've got to fight this scum with two arms tied behind their back.

If the police did the public at large would complain about police brutality.Recall if you will,what happened at the London disorder displays.
Police officers ,a individuals ,would love to get into them and have the knowledge and training to inflict pain;and there's the rub. Police officers get maimed and killed and the perps basically live to fight another day. Human Right lawyers,Civil Liberty and Prison Reformers all worry about POLICE action not that of offenders.

This is supposed to be a Police State remember,a right wing cabal of posh/rich/privileged that keep the poor down.

This is what we have seen being posted for years.

Recently,we have seen brave ex servicemen hounded for decades when they confronted violence and disorder.

This is the result of our collective over liberal mind sets over years .

We have created this monster and by now enogh hould have been enough

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mayhill tonight on 15:59 - May 21 with 1673 viewsGwyn737

Mayhill tonight on 14:33 - May 21 by majorraglan

The police are on a hiding to nothing. Use force and they get hammered don’t do anything and still get hammered. What we saw last night was disgraceful, I felt really sorry for the 2 or 3 police officers on the end of a bricking.

If the police use force it’s only right that their response is proportionate and lawful, but the public and society in general need to be prepared to accept that in circumstances such as this the level of force may be more than what they’ve been used to. We saw people bricking the police from 10 yards, anyone directly in front of the police and such close proximity has to be considered a troublemaker and be fair game.

Yep.

People are rightly lauding the locals who stepped in to stop. Imagine if the police acted in that way - there'd be uproar.

'Fair game' is a really good descrption of what you become if you attack a copper.
Mayhill tonight on 17:04 - May 21 with 1592 views34dfgdf54

Mayhill tonight on 15:59 - May 21 by Gwyn737

Yep.

People are rightly lauding the locals who stepped in to stop. Imagine if the police acted in that way - there'd be uproar.

'Fair game' is a really good descrption of what you become if you attack a copper.

That last paragraph.

Nail. Head. Hit
Mayhill tonight on 17:19 - May 21 with 1543 viewsCatullus

Mayhill tonight on 17:04 - May 21 by 34dfgdf54

That last paragraph.

Nail. Head. Hit

That's how it should be but as we all know, when the police do wade in they become fair game for lawyers and a "compensayshun" claim.

Why is it ok for some locals to hand out a beating but it's not allowed that the police enforce the law?

OHL is right, the world is forked.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mayhill tonight on 17:49 - May 21 with 1482 viewsonehunglow

Mayhill tonight on 17:19 - May 21 by Catullus

That's how it should be but as we all know, when the police do wade in they become fair game for lawyers and a "compensayshun" claim.

Why is it ok for some locals to hand out a beating but it's not allowed that the police enforce the law?

OHL is right, the world is forked.

I’m surprised those locals intervening haven’t been criticised by cowardly Police Superintendents for taking matters into their own hands. If Police are not allowed to do it then it is the duty of decent locals to do so. I’m very proud of Mayhill and the vast majority of people there .

Police are failing to act as the Law instructs them to act, I consider it a very serious matter.

People have had enough of a loud minority ruining the lives of the vast majority.

It s time they were sorted

Login to get fewer ads

Mayhill tonight on 18:49 - May 21 with 1402 viewsOldjack

Mayhill tonight on 17:49 - May 21 by onehunglow

I’m surprised those locals intervening haven’t been criticised by cowardly Police Superintendents for taking matters into their own hands. If Police are not allowed to do it then it is the duty of decent locals to do so. I’m very proud of Mayhill and the vast majority of people there .

Police are failing to act as the Law instructs them to act, I consider it a very serious matter.

People have had enough of a loud minority ruining the lives of the vast majority.

It s time they were sorted

by the time enough police were called out in riot gear it was all over mun

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Mayhill tonight on 18:59 - May 21 with 1373 viewsonehunglow

Mayhill tonight on 18:49 - May 21 by Oldjack

I just read and watch Al.

Mayhill tonight on 19:11 - May 21 with 1370 viewsOldjack

Mayhill tonight on 18:59 - May 21 by onehunglow

I just read and watch Al.

it might kick off in bonymaen and port tenant this weekend ,they'll be ready to crack some heads this time

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Mayhill tonight on 19:14 - May 21 with 1355 viewsonehunglow

Mayhill tonight on 19:11 - May 21 by Oldjack

it might kick off in bonymaen and port tenant this weekend ,they'll be ready to crack some heads this time

They simply can'y.
Those days have gone and it's why we need a strong government .

More chance of me and Woody walking off into the sunset

Mayhill tonight on 19:21 - May 21 with 1348 viewsangryjack

Mayhill tonight on 19:14 - May 21 by onehunglow

They simply can'y.

No they haven't police are brave when they surround a single individual but not when they are outnumbered...get amongst them and start arresting..that's what they paid for...not assaulting the likes of me walking home couple years back minding my own business..
Mayhill tonight on 19:47 - May 21 with 1307 viewsJack59

Mayhill tonight on 12:09 - May 21 by Gwyn737

It is hard. And seen as expensive, although up against the long term cost of paying for the outcomes I'm not so sure.

Our current society celebrates soundbites on 'tougher sentences' then moans thay have to be paid for.

Early help and early intervention has to be the way forward.

Put a D Notice on the Media then hang 3 or 4 of the biggest offenders from lamposts in the locality. That's the sort of tougher sentencing a lot want to see, and I don't think the cost of that would be huge.
The Police are becoming almost worthless mainly thanks to social media, they were made to look like Dads Army in retreat 1234 1234
Bring in the Cyborg police asap - these human ones are too sensitive to the media
Mayhill tonight on 19:51 - May 21 with 1289 viewsonehunglow

Mayhill tonight on 19:21 - May 21 by angryjack

No they haven't police are brave when they surround a single individual but not when they are outnumbered...get amongst them and start arresting..that's what they paid for...not assaulting the likes of me walking home couple years back minding my own business..

You need to let it go.

It s that simple.

Mayhill tonight on 20:03 - May 21 with 1292 viewsBoundy

Mayhill tonight on 19:11 - May 21 by Oldjack

Rumours are theres to be a vigil adjacent to Lidls near the Half way pub. If it does start I hope the law go in hard and heavy from the outset .To see a repeat of the London riots of 2011 cannot nor should not be tolerated , truly awful times.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mayhill tonight on 20:28 - May 21 with 1263 viewsraynor94

Who on earth is the deceased? I have never known vigils like this.

And there's another two to follow!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mayhill tonight on 20:36 - May 21 with 1257 viewsFireboy2

Mayhill tonight on 23:30 - May 20 by Slugster664

A lad from PT with links to Mayhill died of an OD today or yesterday, this lot held a vigil for him and it turned into this...rats the lot of them. One planned for PT and Trallwn by all accounts in the coming days.

The police, 3 in riot gear, and one van 'retreated' and left the kids smash cars, houses etc A few local men decided to sort out these little prìcks who thought better knowing the local men would not hold back, unlike the police, and dispersed, eventually...I'm told that these many little prìcks hope to God that they're arrested before they 'have a little visit'

Good to know that they are/will get a good shoeing.good old fashioned punishment, I feel for the bobbies, there was a time when they got respect from most of the public and as a kid I was shit scared of them, now they can't do their job properly for fear of some pr!ck with a smart phone filming them.
Mayhill tonight on 20:48 - May 21 with 1231 viewsBoundy

Mayhill tonight on 20:28 - May 21 by raynor94

Who on earth is the deceased? I have never known vigils like this.

And there's another two to follow!

Its the new "thing" regardless of whether the deceased was a loving family member or a no mark useless piece of flotsam, its a way of showing everyone else how much he (normally its a he) ,meant to them .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mayhill tonight on 21:25 - May 21 with 1180 viewsKilkennyjack

Mayhill tonight on 19:14 - May 21 by onehunglow

They simply can'y.

Well you do have a near fascist government in Westminster.

Send Patel along in her Heddlu gear.

Beware of the Risen People

Mayhill tonight on 22:00 - May 21 with 1135 viewsCatullus

Mayhill tonight on 18:49 - May 21 by Oldjack

Yeah, they can't get enough police out to deal with rioting teenagers but one man on a roof,

https://uknip.co.uk/breaking/news-30576/man-holds-police-in-rooftop-stand-off-in

Officers in large numbers, armed police, for one man on a roof. I know it's not Swanseaj but they can find thr numbers when it suits them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mayhill tonight on 22:03 - May 21 with 1132 viewsSlugster664

Mayhill tonight on 21:25 - May 21 by Kilkennyjack

Well you do have a near fascist government in Westminster.

Send Patel along in her Heddlu gear.

Why make that comment.

Someone asked previously about the lad who died, Ethan...well, he was a drug addict. Everyday off his face. I dealt with him plenty of times, no trouble from him myself in all fairness. I've also dealt with that piece of trash Malik, he is as I say trash. But I'm a big lad and he doesn't say boo to me, but a gobby little xxxxxx all the same. The kids involved last night are unfortunately the type we are having coming through ranks...disrespectful, cowardly and not very bright.

Luckily for the residents of Waun Wen Road last night, these kids are cowardly because if the 3 men confronting them didn't show up, who knows what could have happened.

Let's hope the next 'vigil' shows some respect towards Ethan eh, RIP lad.

This post has been edited by an administrator

STID

Mayhill tonight on 22:10 - May 21 with 1127 viewsOldjack

Mayhill tonight on 22:00 - May 21 by Catullus

Yeah, they can't get enough police out to deal with rioting teenagers but one man on a roof,

https://uknip.co.uk/breaking/news-30576/man-holds-police-in-rooftop-stand-off-in

Officers in large numbers, armed police, for one man on a roof. I know it's not Swanseaj but they can find thr numbers when it suits them.

eh .he'd been up on the roof for hours ,it's a the time factor your not grasping

Mayhill tonight on 22:13 - May 21 with 1117 viewsmax936

Mayhill tonight on 22:00 - May 21 by Catullus

Lets be honest and clear about this, todays police are hamstrung by politics and bureaucracy, has someone wrote earlier, Police are trying to police with their hands tied behind they're backs, that's why the residents got involved last night, they live there and probably have for many, many years, there's a lot of good people up on the hill, but they won't put up with what went on last night, I'm amazed that no one wasn't killed by the those senseless actions. Thank god nobody did though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mayhill tonight on 22:13 - May 21 with 1116 viewsbuilthjack

Mayhill tonight on 20:36 - May 21 by Fireboy2

Good to know that they are/will get a good shoeing.good old fashioned punishment, I feel for the bobbies, there was a time when they got respect from most of the public and as a kid I was shit scared of them, now they can't do their job properly for fear of some pr!ck with a smart phone filming them.

Ban smart phones

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024