Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? 19:52 - Jan 2 with 10440 viewsBarrySwan

Most teams seem to have fairly competent keepers, and most professional keepers will have a decent amount of fantastic saves in them on occasion as does our Freddy. The better standard of keepers clearly perform better on a more consistent basis than the also rans.

But I'm afraid the word 'ordinary' is the very best I can come up with to describe Woodman, surely it can't be that difficult to find a reasonably priced keeper who does the basics and reasonably straight forward saves on a regular basis with the odd sterling performance thrown in, as opposed to being beaten time after time by the most pedestrian of shots from distance on a fairly regular basis.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 19:52]
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 23:52 - Jan 16 with 1726 viewsTreforys_Jack

It came through a narrow gap between 2 defenders so could have seen it a little late as well. Struggling to think of a better save I've seen by a Swansea GK, doubtless there have been many, but genuinely can't think of any at the moment.
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 1649 viewslifelong

Reading through this thread has been fun.
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:20 - Jan 17 with 1608 viewsjackrabbit

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:01 - Jan 17 by lifelong

Reading through this thread has been fun.

I’d say it’ll be with us for the season!
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:24 - Jan 17 with 1601 viewsDr_Winston

It was a save that looked spectacular but one you'd expect a keeper to make. Nice height, not too wide of him.

Read the flight of the ball well and got a good strong arm to it tho.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:55 - Jan 17 with 1585 viewsFireboy2

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:24 - Jan 17 by Dr_Winston

It was a save that looked spectacular but one you'd expect a keeper to make. Nice height, not too wide of him.

Him seeing it early and all the way helped also.
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:02 - Jan 17 with 1575 viewsNeath_Jack

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:06 - Jan 17 with 1569 viewsBoundy

I thought it took dip as well , excellent in any case although O'Neill ? in the studio thought it was a good save and if the ball had hit the net, the goal of the season, I don't think he likes us

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:09 - Jan 17 with 1565 viewsDr_Winston

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:06 - Jan 17 by Boundy

I thought it took dip as well , excellent in any case although O'Neill ? in the studio thought it was a good save and if the ball had hit the net, the goal of the season, I don't think he likes us

A foot higher or lower and it would have probably gone in. Caught it well.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 21:17 - Jan 27 with 1494 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Some good saves this evening. His goalkicks left a lot to be desired.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 21:20 - Jan 27 with 1489 viewsraynor94

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 21:17 - Jan 27 by felixstowe_jack

Some good saves this evening. His goalkicks left a lot to be desired.

His kicking needs working on, but you can't fault his reaction saves

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 09:14 - Jan 28 with 1355 viewsonehunglow

His kicking to touch is great.Bennettesque even when under no pressure at all.
Many of these great aves were shots that hit him or were ones he parried away to the opposition for our young defender to get us off the hook.

Guehi ,Cabango,Roberts, literally putting their bodies on the line while this keeper stands motionless on his line.

Jesus H

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:21 - Jan 28 with 1346 viewsandypitt56

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 09:14 - Jan 28 by onehunglow

Many of these great aves were shots that hit him or were ones he parried away to the opposition for our young defender to get us off the hook.

Guehi ,Cabango,Roberts, literally putting their bodies on the line while this keeper stands motionless on his line.

Jesus H

Give it a rest, he is a brilliant shot stopper, Brentford were putting us under a lot of pressure, okay his kicking to the fullbacks need work, but can you at least praise the lad for the saves he is making? He still developing his game.
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 15:14 - Jan 28 with 1296 viewsBarrySwan

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:21 - Jan 28 by andypitt56

Give it a rest, he is a brilliant shot stopper, Brentford were putting us under a lot of pressure, okay his kicking to the fullbacks need work, but can you at least praise the lad for the saves he is making? He still developing his game.

Must confess whenever I've observed professional goalkeepers who couldn't kick or pass their way out of a paper bag ( except sliced into touch of course)

I'm always tempted to suggest that they contact their local professional football club for advice and unlimited training off qualified coaches to rectify the problem. I mean where better to improve your kicking skills than at a professional football club?

I wonder if in this case the nearestl professional club has been contacted and asked if a couple of extra hours a week can be donated practising kicking using the unlimited supply of leather footballs available and substantial number of coaches and others within the club structure who I'm sure are only too willing to help?

Same thinking applies to those professional footballers who appear to have trouble controlling a high ball coming towards them or are useless at heading perhaps.

Where better to be able to spend hours and hours practising over and over again?
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:39 - Jan 28 with 1276 viewsTreforys_Jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 09:14 - Jan 28 by onehunglow

Jesus H

Unbelievable comments once again. Don't think football is the game for you to be honest.
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 17:22 - Jan 28 with 1253 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:21 - Jan 28 by andypitt56

Brilliant what ?

Most of those shot were aimed at him.ie,they were poor shots.Decent strikers would have killed him. He is fookn motionless.LOOK at him. Just spend some time and LOOK at what he does,how he fails to control his area,how he puts his defenders under pressure and how he kicks the ball directly into touch PERSISTENTLY . Connors took one directly in the knackers because this Freddie chap lacks basic courage and committment. Think of the other players in the team and not just HIM who is not even one of our own players.

so save this puerile faux man love support for someone who 'll be impressed by your unfettered support.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:57 - Jan 28 with 1241 viewsscruffyjack

Distribution is a key attribute for a goalkeeper in the modern game and it comes easier to some more than others.
Simple as.
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 20:01 - Jan 28 with 1215 viewsonehunglow

Indeed it is.

If you make a mistake the idea is to learn .Fred doesnt

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 22:46 - Feb 5 with 1124 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Another clean sheet for Woodman and the defence.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 23:19 - Feb 5 with 1091 views1462jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 22:46 - Feb 5 by felixstowe_jack

Another clean sheet for Woodman and the defence.

And that bloody useless manager waited till the 75 minute to make a bloody sub ! Sack the man
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 23:26 - Feb 5 with 1077 viewsFireboy2

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 23:19 - Feb 5 by 1462jack

And that bloody useless manager waited till the 75 minute to make a bloody sub ! Sack the man

Thsts because he didn't need to 😉
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 00:30 - Feb 6 with 1031 viewstheloneranger

Freddie's really struggling between the sticks ... 16 clean sheets and counting. 😇
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 0:58]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 08:44 - Feb 6 with 945 viewsNeath_Jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 00:30 - Feb 6 by theloneranger

Freddie's really struggling between the sticks ... 16 clean sheets and counting. 😇
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 0:58]

Useless mun, what are the goalkeeping coaches doing to him? And how can Cooper keep picking this below average goalkeeper? It's a national scandal I tell you.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 08:48 - Feb 6 with 940 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 08:44 - Feb 6 by Neath_Jack

Useless mun, what are the goalkeeping coaches doing to him? And how can Cooper keep picking this below average goalkeeper? It's a national scandal I tell you.

Can’t fault him at all. Overall this is the best defensive unit I’ve seen in many a year from the Swans. Prefer the Cabango - Bennett - Guehi axis as it’s a monster! Everyone who comes in has played a massive part too in fairness.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:33 - Feb 6 with 890 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 08:48 - Feb 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Can’t fault him at all. Overall this is the best defensive unit I’ve seen in many a year from the Swans. Prefer the Cabango - Bennett - Guehi axis as it’s a monster! Everyone who comes in has played a massive part too in fairness.

We won.We kept a clean sheet.Everything else matters not.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:09 - Feb 6 with 836 viewsReslovenSwan1

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:33 - Feb 6 by onehunglow

We won.We kept a clean sheet.Everything else matters not.

Fans do not like him I reckon because he has been instructed to leave all free balls outside the 6 yard box to his three centre backs. This is their responsiblity not his. By have this clear demarkation there are no grey areas and no mix ups that were common place with Potter's team with Nordfeildt. If there is a free header outside the 6 yard box the CBs know it is their responsibility.

Consequently there will be no CB holding his arms out squaring up saying where were you Freddie? Working under this remit leads to fans accusing the keeper of a lack of courage while at the same time wondering how the hell he has got 16 clean sheets and counting.

I am not an expert in football coaching but can apply an analytical mind to problems of this nature to explain the apparent contradiction. Now how my gas boiler thats a different matter. I need a different technician for that.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024