Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? 19:52 - Jan 2 with 10437 viewsBarrySwan

Most teams seem to have fairly competent keepers, and most professional keepers will have a decent amount of fantastic saves in them on occasion as does our Freddy. The better standard of keepers clearly perform better on a more consistent basis than the also rans.

But I'm afraid the word 'ordinary' is the very best I can come up with to describe Woodman, surely it can't be that difficult to find a reasonably priced keeper who does the basics and reasonably straight forward saves on a regular basis with the odd sterling performance thrown in, as opposed to being beaten time after time by the most pedestrian of shots from distance on a fairly regular basis.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 19:52]
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:29 - Jan 4 with 1589 viewsonehunglow

Good save!.
Ah well.
You have selective memory syndrome,ir.

Save you love for someone who is worthy.He aint ,bro,no way.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:34 - Jan 4 with 1584 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:18 - Jan 3 by Dr_Winston

What kind of shots? Hopeful long range ones? Point blank ones? It's a meaningless percentage without context.

I think that with the opposition having 59 shots on target this season there will be a similar percentage of all types of shots as the rest of the goal keepers in this division.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:44 - Jan 4 with 1573 viewsonehunglow

Think Fred will be able to practice more pretty soon a I feel we're to be hit by a national lockdown soon, and it is entirely down to us a a nation.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 09:38 - Jan 5 with 1528 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:44 - Jan 4 by onehunglow

Think Fred will be able to practice more pretty soon a I feel we're to be hit by a national lockdown soon, and it is entirely down to us a a nation.

Think I would rather prefer the opinion of our expert manager on the abilities of our goalkeepers. Can you tell me which of the 12 goals we have conceded this season were his fault?

I have not included the goal conceded by his replacement which was clearly a double goalkeeper error.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:37 - Jan 5 with 1484 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 09:38 - Jan 5 by felixstowe_jack

Think I would rather prefer the opinion of our expert manager on the abilities of our goalkeepers. Can you tell me which of the 12 goals we have conceded this season were his fault?

I have not included the goal conceded by his replacement which was clearly a double goalkeeper error.

Here you go. This was the most recent goal we have conceded. It is a shot from over 20 yards, which passes Woodman less than a yard from where he's standing. He gets down very slowly and does not get a strong enough hand on it.

That is a routine save for a professional goalkeeper at this level.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:58 - Jan 5 with 1473 viewsBoundy

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:37 - Jan 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Here you go. This was the most recent goal we have conceded. It is a shot from over 20 yards, which passes Woodman less than a yard from where he's standing. He gets down very slowly and does not get a strong enough hand on it.

That is a routine save for a professional goalkeeper at this level. even more so for keeper whos' played at the top table for how many years now ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:59 - Jan 5 with 1470 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:37 - Jan 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The shot was right in the corner. Given the goals are 24 feet wide and woodman was standing in the middle of the goals he was 12 foot away. The shoot was from just outside the penalty area it resulted from one of our players failing to clear the ball even the commentator said it came through a crowd of players and he would have seen it late.

Funny how when Ayew or Lowe stick the ball in the corner it is a brilliant goal not a goal keeping error.

Are you saying lowe's goal was a goalkeeper error as it was from the same range and no players were blocking the keepers view.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 17:16]

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 17:35 - Jan 5 with 1447 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:59 - Jan 5 by felixstowe_jack

The shot was right in the corner. Given the goals are 24 feet wide and woodman was standing in the middle of the goals he was 12 foot away. The shoot was from just outside the penalty area it resulted from one of our players failing to clear the ball even the commentator said it came through a crowd of players and he would have seen it late.

Funny how when Ayew or Lowe stick the ball in the corner it is a brilliant goal not a goal keeping error.

Are you saying lowe's goal was a goalkeeper error as it was from the same range and no players were blocking the keepers view.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 17:16]

Right in the corner?! Woodman pushed it into the corner of the net. The shot arrived at the goal about a yard to Woodman's left hand side.

And yes, Lowe's first goal was quite clearly a goalkeeping error. Foster had plenty of time to move along his line and get himself in a position to reach that shot. It had very little power. Foster completely misread it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 17:44 - Jan 5 with 1443 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 17:35 - Jan 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Right in the corner?! Woodman pushed it into the corner of the net. The shot arrived at the goal about a yard to Woodman's left hand side.

And yes, Lowe's first goal was quite clearly a goalkeeping error. Foster had plenty of time to move along his line and get himself in a position to reach that shot. It had very little power. Foster completely misread it.

Well your opinion. I would rather trust our managers judgement his job will be depend on it and is likely to be more objective than both our subjective views.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 17:54 - Jan 5 with 1432 viewsDr_Winston

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:34 - Jan 4 by felixstowe_jack

I think that with the opposition having 59 shots on target this season there will be a similar percentage of all types of shots as the rest of the goal keepers in this division.

A keeper playing behind our defence will have faced the same kind of shots as a keeper playing behind Wycombe's?

OK.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:46 - Jan 5 with 1404 viewslondonlisa2001

Young goalkeeper playing on loan in the championship makes mistakes from time to time shock...

Overall, he’s a goalkeeper that suits us well. Relatively solid at his job, but above average in his distribution and his ability to retain possession.

If he made no mistakes he wouldn’t be playing for us. Some of our supporters are mad.
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:48 - Jan 5 with 1406 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 17:54 - Jan 5 by Dr_Winston

A keeper playing behind our defence will have faced the same kind of shots as a keeper playing behind Wycombe's?

OK.

Of course not. Only the Middlesbrough goalkeeper has faced less shots. It is the saves to shots percentage that is a better judge. Woodman is 80% the second best in the division with only the Bournemouth keeper at 80.5% better. The divisional average is 70%.

No opponent has scored a header against us so our defence is good at stopping cross and heading to safety.
Two goals conceded from short corners where unmarked players were allowed free shots, two deflected goals, a penalty and one free kick from near halfway line our defence failed to deal with.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:49 - Jan 5 with 1402 viewsKeithHaynes

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:46 - Jan 5 by londonlisa2001

Young goalkeeper playing on loan in the championship makes mistakes from time to time shock...

Overall, he’s a goalkeeper that suits us well. Relatively solid at his job, but above average in his distribution and his ability to retain possession.

If he made no mistakes he wouldn’t be playing for us. Some of our supporters are mad.

His distribution is up there with the best ive seen at the club. Remember Rogers place kicks, could have landed anywhere -)

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:55 - Jan 5 with 1395 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea s defence is excellent and Wodman is part of that group. Whatever the understanding is between defenders and goalkeeper no one can argue it is not working well. Horrble mix ups are a hing of the past.

The goal keeper maybe ordinary but the overall back six as a unit is exceptional.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 19:09 - Jan 5 with 1380 viewslondonlisa2001

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:49 - Jan 5 by KeithHaynes

His distribution is up there with the best ive seen at the club. Remember Rogers place kicks, could have landed anywhere -)

Lol.

Agree. We haven’t had the best in GK distribution as a rule - all the way back to Glan...
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:16 - Jan 6 with 1305 viewsonehunglow

That is very fair Res

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:40 - Jan 6 with 1292 viewsandypitt56

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 18:55 - Jan 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea s defence is excellent and Wodman is part of that group. Whatever the understanding is between defenders and goalkeeper no one can argue it is not working well. Horrble mix ups are a hing of the past.

The goal keeper maybe ordinary but the overall back six as a unit is exceptional.

"The whole is greater than the sum of the parts"
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:08 - Jan 6 with 1273 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:40 - Jan 6 by andypitt56

"The whole is greater than the sum of the parts"

Also fair comment and it should not be the case fans turn on each other because some share different views on individuals. It is as players they are judged ,normally,although the likes of Barton and Keane cloud the issue somewhat.

As a unit,our defence works.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:27 - Jan 6 with 1261 viewsandypitt56

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:08 - Jan 6 by onehunglow

Also fair comment and it should not be the case fans turn on each other because some share different views on individuals. It is as players they are judged ,normally,although the likes of Barton and Keane cloud the issue somewhat.

As a unit,our defence works.

Exactly, I dont for a second think he is the best keeper in the division but he works with our team, How many times did we mention round peg in square hole when we were in the prem. We finally have Round pegs in round holes and people are moaning. For the size of our club with our budget you would be hard pushed to find a better keeper. Benda clearly isnt ready to be our number 1 other wise he would be in our first team.
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 12:56 - Jan 6 with 1235 viewstrampie

Woodman has been a great addition to the team and must be one of the first names on the team sheet (not unusual for a keeper but you know what I mean).
As has been pointed out he is a good fit with the rest of our defensive unit, if Woodman can keep up the same form along with the rest of our defence during the second half of the season then Swansea will at the very least make the playoffs.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 13:00 - Jan 6 with 1234 viewsonehunglow

Thank andy.

Contrary to what punters say,I do not hate Fred;in fact ,a a bloke,he seems rather likeable. What I see I comment on and he is as we see,hesistant and too relying on his very young defenders. He is not an outstanding shop topper;if he was ,we would be clearly top of the league as we would have won Huddersfield and Wednesday games at the very least.

I am hoping Benda is picked for Saturday to see how he performs but last game I recall he played for us,he made pretty rudimentary cock ups which bears the question a to why our recruitment team have not sourced a strong ,physical and experienced keeper. Norwich have sensibly kept Krul and Bournemouth Bergovic and Brentford that Spanish stopper who is very good. Had we a keeper of their standard I am certain we would go up automatically.

They need to start planning for a keeper next season right now

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:04 - Jan 6 with 1205 viewsswancity

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 13:00 - Jan 6 by onehunglow

Thank andy.

Contrary to what punters say,I do not hate Fred;in fact ,a a bloke,he seems rather likeable. What I see I comment on and he is as we see,hesistant and too relying on his very young defenders. He is not an outstanding shop topper;if he was ,we would be clearly top of the league as we would have won Huddersfield and Wednesday games at the very least.

I am hoping Benda is picked for Saturday to see how he performs but last game I recall he played for us,he made pretty rudimentary cock ups which bears the question a to why our recruitment team have not sourced a strong ,physical and experienced keeper. Norwich have sensibly kept Krul and Bournemouth Bergovic and Brentford that Spanish stopper who is very good. Had we a keeper of their standard I am certain we would go up automatically.

They need to start planning for a keeper next season right now

You’ve stopped calling him a coward which is good

But you’re repeating the same old crap which isn’t so good and doesn’t make any of it right

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:09 - Jan 6 with 1203 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:04 - Jan 6 by swancity

You’ve stopped calling him a coward which is good

But you’re repeating the same old crap which isn’t so good and doesn’t make any of it right

Tell you what is good;that we are able to cross swords like this so frankly,Im quite ok with anything coming my way these days.

I refered to him a a coward in goal keeper terms and stand by every word. As a bloke,he seems a good lad .

He is lucky to have the defenders in front of him he has and ,as I say, if he hadnt,his stats quoted ,ad neauseum,would be nowhere near as impresive.

So it' bad again nigel

Stay frosty

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 17:48 - Jan 9 with 1123 viewsbuilthjack

He saved yet another pelanty today. I think that's 4 out of 7 saved this season.
Hell, when Fab was in goal you knew that if we conceded a penalty the opposition only had to hit the target to score.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 17:52 - Jan 9 with 1113 viewsKeithHaynes

Nuff said.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024