Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? 19:52 - Jan 2 with 10442 viewsBarrySwan

Most teams seem to have fairly competent keepers, and most professional keepers will have a decent amount of fantastic saves in them on occasion as does our Freddy. The better standard of keepers clearly perform better on a more consistent basis than the also rans.

But I'm afraid the word 'ordinary' is the very best I can come up with to describe Woodman, surely it can't be that difficult to find a reasonably priced keeper who does the basics and reasonably straight forward saves on a regular basis with the odd sterling performance thrown in, as opposed to being beaten time after time by the most pedestrian of shots from distance on a fairly regular basis.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 19:52]
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:48 - Jan 3 with 1172 viewslifelong

We’ve just come out of a busy Christmas period having played some of the teams around us, put in some excellent team performances, gained a very good tally of points and are sitting in a brilliant second position in a very difficult league.
What do we get? Some posters slagging off one of our players..it’s all a bit pathetic.
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:59 - Jan 3 with 1158 viewsonehunglow

It' not slagging off though is it.
That really is for personal abuse,the like of which you are well aware of so don't come on here trying to perpetuate old crap. Thanks

We are discussing a goalkeeper not a man,not an individual.

He is not being slagged off either.

Plenty of evidence of that around too.

Anyway,happy new year Roger

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:02 - Jan 3 with 1146 viewslifelong

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:59 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

That really is for personal abuse,the like of which you are well aware of so don't come on here trying to perpetuate old crap. Thanks

How many goals has he conceded this season?
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:06 - Jan 3 with 1141 viewsWhiterockin

If Cooper didn't rate him he would not be in the team. That's good enough for me.
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:11 - Jan 3 with 1125 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:02 - Jan 3 by lifelong

How many goals has he conceded this season?

Not many .

How many have our fantastic young lads in Defence saved.

How many times has Fred had to touch the ball with these tremendous young bloods in front of him.

Ken,Guehi and Cabango do not get enough recognition and that grips my poo as much as my criticising Fred does for you.

And another thing, Roberts and Bidwell have been epic.

Fred is a lucky boy. Moving on...

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:12 - Jan 3 with 1122 viewslifelong

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 10:59 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

How many clean sheets has he had this season?
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:24 - Jan 3 with 1115 viewsonehunglow

Ah fark it.No more Rog.Call it quits.

Stay frosty

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:29 - Jan 3 with 1109 viewsBadlands

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:11 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

Not many .

How many have our fantastic young lads in Defence saved.

How many times has Fred had to touch the ball with these tremendous young bloods in front of him.

Ken,Guehi and Cabango do not get enough recognition and that grips my poo as much as my criticising Fred does for you.

And another thing, Roberts and Bidwell have been epic.

Fred is a lucky boy. Moving on...

This

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:33 - Jan 3 with 1104 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:29 - Jan 3 by Badlands

This

People pick out an individual poster and try to hang him out to dry with the help of their bullying bitchboys. Fact. It has always been about gang mentality .

It' getting "tedious" now but I know those professing unfettered love for a player that is not even ours ,nor indeed Welsh are no genuine in their posts.

They have their hearts in their mouths ,as I do,when Fred is anyway near being challenged.

Fact

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:39 - Jan 3 with 1100 viewslifelong

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:12 - Jan 3 by lifelong

How many clean sheets has he had this season?

Conceded the least amount of goals in the whole of the football league, also more clean sheets than any other keeper this season, but what the hell, let’s replace him eh?
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:43 - Jan 3 with 1100 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:39 - Jan 3 by lifelong

Conceded the least amount of goals in the whole of the football league, also more clean sheets than any other keeper this season, but what the hell, let’s replace him eh?

Sweet baby Jesu.How long is this going on for.Have you been sent over on a mission ?Give it a rest man. Accept the opinions of others. Fred is not a puppy killer.Ive said that. He's probably a lovely chap who gives to charity and the poor .

It' been explained to you ,a clean sheet is not solely down to a keeper.

Even the likes of Pete the Dane had great defenders in front.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 11:44]

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:45 - Jan 3 with 1096 viewslifelong

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:33 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

People pick out an individual poster and try to hang him out to dry with the help of their bullying bitchboys. Fact. It has always been about gang mentality .

It' getting "tedious" now but I know those professing unfettered love for a player that is not even ours ,nor indeed Welsh are no genuine in their posts.

They have their hearts in their mouths ,as I do,when Fred is anyway near being challenged.

Fact

I wondered when you’d get around to mentioning Wales or Welsh..another couple of your pet hates.
Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:47 - Jan 3 with 1096 viewsonehunglow

Just for you. Report back to HQ asap.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:56 - Jan 3 with 1092 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:45 - Jan 3 by lifelong

I wondered when you’d get around to mentioning Wales or Welsh..another couple of your pet hates.

Woodman is this years Routledge

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 13:53 - Jan 3 with 1045 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:56 - Jan 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Woodman is this years Routledge

lol.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:03 - Jan 3 with 1043 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 11:43 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

Sweet baby Jesu.How long is this going on for.Have you been sent over on a mission ?Give it a rest man. Accept the opinions of others. Fred is not a puppy killer.Ive said that. He's probably a lovely chap who gives to charity and the poor .

It' been explained to you ,a clean sheet is not solely down to a keeper.

Even the likes of Pete the Dane had great defenders in front.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 11:44]

Of course a good defence is key . So is the number of shots you save. Woodman has saved 80% of the shots this season. Only the Bournemouth keeper with 80.5% has saved more. The Norwich, Watford keepers close behind with 77 and 73%

The divisional average is 70%

Cardiff's keeper has only a 68% save ratio.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:18 - Jan 3 with 1035 viewsDr_Winston

What kind of shots? Hopeful long range ones? Point blank ones? It's a meaningless percentage without context.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:39 - Jan 3 with 1017 viewsonehunglow

Shots .Now there are shots and shots.

Make me wonder about players who are UNDER rated.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:40 - Jan 3 with 1016 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:18 - Jan 3 by Dr_Winston

What kind of shots? Hopeful long range ones? Point blank ones? It's a meaningless percentage without context.

I don’t know why people can’t just be happy with our overall excellent defensive recorded without picking holes in it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 14:42 - Jan 3 with 1015 viewsonehunglow

They are happy FFS.

Happines doesnt necesarily involving banging tambourines

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 15:16 - Jan 3 with 997 viewsBoundy

I'm quite happy to pick holes in an individual and team when its warranted , imo to date its not

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 15:39 - Jan 3 with 981 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Stats such as "Highest save percentage" are absolutely meaningless without context.

What we do know is that the majority of goals we conceed are followed by questions asking why didn't Woodman do better.

The goal yesterday is another example. It is a shot you would expect any first choice goalkeeper in the Football League to get down to. There was nothing difficult about it. It went past him about one yard to the left of his starting position from a very long distance. It was very poor.

He's fortunate to be playing behind the best defence in the league. Quite possibly the best defence this league has seen in decades.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:10 - Jan 3 with 961 viewsKeithHaynes

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 15:39 - Jan 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Stats such as "Highest save percentage" are absolutely meaningless without context.

What we do know is that the majority of goals we conceed are followed by questions asking why didn't Woodman do better.

The goal yesterday is another example. It is a shot you would expect any first choice goalkeeper in the Football League to get down to. There was nothing difficult about it. It went past him about one yard to the left of his starting position from a very long distance. It was very poor.

He's fortunate to be playing behind the best defence in the league. Quite possibly the best defence this league has seen in decades.

His misplaced pass leading to the goal didn't help matters either.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:44 - Jan 3 with 950 viewsonehunglow

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:10 - Jan 3 by KeithHaynes

His misplaced pass leading to the goal didn't help matters either.

It was a volley was it bit straight at a right back at pace .They get a throw and from it Cleverley strokes the ball in.it was hardly a great strike.

That people are prepared to defend this strikes me as truly odd. It’s why I believe the support for Fred on here is a sham.Nobody can rest easy when the ball comes anywhere near him.

Dwight again is gang on the money. Outrage defenders have been staggering and Fred is a very lucky boy.
Keepers get praise when they save games for the team Fred has never done that ever.Right now he has a fantastic cushion in front of him.

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:23 - Jan 4 with 885 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Woodmans not exactly a world beater is he? on 16:44 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

It was a volley was it bit straight at a right back at pace .They get a throw and from it Cleverley strokes the ball in.it was hardly a great strike.

That people are prepared to defend this strikes me as truly odd. It’s why I believe the support for Fred on here is a sham.Nobody can rest easy when the ball comes anywhere near him.

Dwight again is gang on the money. Outrage defenders have been staggering and Fred is a very lucky boy.
Keepers get praise when they save games for the team Fred has never done that ever.Right now he has a fantastic cushion in front of him.

Wrong again. He is has the second best saves to shot ratio in the championship only the Bournemouth keeper has a marginally better ratio. You clearly have a short memory if you can't remember any of his good saves this season.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024