Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has FG lost the players ? 19:09 - Sep 18 with 11267 viewsicecoldjack

There seems to be a real problem.
Gylfi seems to be playing with a major strop, Taylor and Ki arguing with the manager in front of millions in consecutive weeks, the team overall looking devoid of interest,something is seriously wrong IMO.

FG in his after match press interview mentioned something that i think is at the crux of it all
"I do not think it is a problem for players to change formation. We will speak to the players and the assistants to work out the problem."

That tells me the players arn't buying into his ideas and by fook it sure looks that way! he can only coach whats in front of him but if he can't change that what does he or the club do ?

I think he's lost the players, far too many off colour performers for it to be anything else.

Thoughts?
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:57 - Sep 19 with 1312 viewsJango

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:48 - Sep 19 by stid

Try again mate

You might wanna edit it to outside the top 6. It will save you a lot of bother and abuse
Has FG lost the players ? on 20:01 - Sep 19 with 1304 viewsDewi1jack

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:33 - Sep 19 by stid

Go back and try again...OUT of top 6

Out of our top 6?
Or the PL top 6?

You didn't make it clear.
I and others took it to mean exactly what you said.
That you think our top 4 were as good as anyone in a top six team
So, go back and try again mate

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:05 - Sep 19 with 1289 viewsstid

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:01 - Sep 19 by Dewi1jack

Out of our top 6?
Or the PL top 6?

You didn't make it clear.
I and others took it to mean exactly what you said.
That you think our top 4 were as good as anyone in a top six team
So, go back and try again mate

Looks clear to me , even edited it for you now
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 20:09]
Has FG lost the players ? on 13:12 - Sep 20 with 1147 viewsvetchonian

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:46 - Sep 19 by A_Fans_Dad

You don't seem to realise that all the front 4 players in the top 6 score goals and ours don't.
But that obviously doesn't mean anything to you.

He means outside of the top 6 not the top 6. He is not saying it is comparable with the front 4 at Chelsea, Man C, Liverpool, Man U Arsenal but that i our league they are!.
And they need a service to score at the moment there is no service!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:13 - Sep 20 with 1141 viewsmonmouth

He means not in the top 6.

HTH

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:20 - Sep 20 with 1120 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:13 - Sep 20 by monmouth

He means not in the top 6.

HTH

That was not how it originally came across.
Even with the correction I doubt if he is right.
Has FG lost the players ? on 13:29 - Sep 20 with 1105 viewsjack247

Our front four isn't as good as or better than all outside the top 6.

It's not as simple as comparing player for player, it's how they function as a unit.

Siggy works better with Routledge/Dyer/Pablo type wingers and a mobile front man he can link with. Llorente presumably works better with Montero/Barrow type wingers who best their man and get crosses in and a mobile #10 to support him in the box and pick up on his knock downs.

Likewise Routledge and Dyer will want a centre forward they can link with, Monteto and Barrow will want one they can aim at.

I know Bony wasn't fast, but he got away with it due to his unbelievable strength and his ability to play clever flicks and through balls.

Our front four, at the moment at least, don't seem suited to playing with each other, which is presumably how Ki finds himself in the team.
Has FG lost the players ? on 15:01 - Sep 20 with 1036 viewsDr_Winston

Far more astute analysis than the "he's shit!" nonsense we usually get. Nice one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Has FG lost the players ? on 15:02 - Sep 20 with 1031 viewsjasper_T

They're all shit.
Has FG lost the players ? on 15:46 - Sep 20 with 978 viewsHeadmaster

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:29 - Sep 20 by jack247

Our front four isn't as good as or better than all outside the top 6.

It's not as simple as comparing player for player, it's how they function as a unit.

Siggy works better with Routledge/Dyer/Pablo type wingers and a mobile front man he can link with. Llorente presumably works better with Montero/Barrow type wingers who best their man and get crosses in and a mobile #10 to support him in the box and pick up on his knock downs.

Likewise Routledge and Dyer will want a centre forward they can link with, Monteto and Barrow will want one they can aim at.

I know Bony wasn't fast, but he got away with it due to his unbelievable strength and his ability to play clever flicks and through balls.

Our front four, at the moment at least, don't seem suited to playing with each other, which is presumably how Ki finds himself in the team.

"It's not as simple as comparing player for player, it's how they function as a unit."

This is why it should be the manager who picks the players, not a director of football or whatever the f*ck Huw calls himself nowadays.
Has FG lost the players ? on 16:00 - Sep 20 with 947 viewsmonmouth

Has FG lost the players ? on 15:46 - Sep 20 by Headmaster

"It's not as simple as comparing player for player, it's how they function as a unit."

This is why it should be the manager who picks the players, not a director of football or whatever the f*ck Huw calls himself nowadays.

It should be a collaborative effort. Identifying and building a team is not just looking at good individuals. I'm having a Brian Clough day, but ferk me, did he know that. They won the first division with a fat chain smoking scotsman on the wing and everybody else whose job it was to give him the ball except Withe and Woodcock who had to get on the nd of whatever he served up.

Has FG lost the players ? on 16:22 - Sep 20 with 913 viewsPrivate_Partz

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:32 - Sep 19 by LeonisGod

That's the strange thing about all of this. What we're getting from Guidolin is not what he's given before. Curt obviously changed the style from Garry, going to a much more possession based approach and less camped on the edge of our 18 yards box. Back more to our winger play, even if using Ayew made us lop-sided. Guidolin then only tweaked this, ad now he seems to be slipping back to Garry's 'pack the midfield' approach. His most noticeable change last season was shutting up shop and bringing on an extra defender with 10 mins to go if we were in the lead.

Given how successful he's been in the past, why has he been reluctant to stamp his mark on the team? Maybe he thought we were pretty much good enough? Maybe he thinks we don't have the player to play the way he used to? Who knows.

It's all very cautious and not the free-flowing football that brought him success at Udinese.

We seem to be getting Guideline-lite. Or maybe I was just expecting too much of him. Or maybe he's not being given enough freedom? (the Huw outers will love that possibility, I'm sure).

And the other thing, what about his links with the Pozzo family an/or other clubs? As far as i'm aware, we've made no attempts to develop links with any of his past clubs, despite him obviously being well-connected. In Italy he's regarded as one of the best managers they have. But we don't seem to be using his knowledge.

All very odd.

A very thoughtful and insightful post and there is not much that I disagree with. Only thing I would say is it still early to judge our present season as the season's signing have been so late and we are experimenting in real time. I expect this to continue as we play the big boys over the next few games. I suspect we will still see the cautious approach unfortunately due to our midfield not being up to it. It has been made worse by a lack of form. Look at the end of the Southanmpton game. We were playing 4 2 4. You cannot get much more attacking than that but it hardly made any difference to the game. Luckily Southampton were happy to sit back somewhat by then as they were protecting their narrow lead.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Has FG lost the players ? on 16:25 - Sep 20 with 901 viewsmonmouth

So what if we beat City and Liverpool 1-0 (in the league games) with the biggest load of negative Stoke based arse we've ever seen? Guidolin in or out?

Has FG lost the players ? on 16:33 - Sep 20 with 884 viewsPrivate_Partz

Has FG lost the players ? on 16:25 - Sep 20 by monmouth

So what if we beat City and Liverpool 1-0 (in the league games) with the biggest load of negative Stoke based arse we've ever seen? Guidolin in or out?

'In' for me as it will prove he is doing very well after a very poor window. I want us to play stylishly but needs must at the moment. We need changes above managerial level. A DOF and scouting team that are up to the job are essential for starters with the manager having a big input into the decision making process. I suspect we need to go through much more pain before that happens however. If the price is boring football then it is worth paying for in the shorter term IMHO.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:37 - Sep 20 with 825 viewsjack247

Has FG lost the players ? on 15:46 - Sep 20 by Headmaster

I don't think many on here will disagree with that. For this type of approach to work, the manager and director of football have to be working closely together. The manager needs to be explaining how he wants to play and the type of players he needs to suit. The DOF should be understanding what he wants and be capable of identifying and signing that type of player. Looking in from the outside, it appears that we have spent the last couple of years signing players we like the look of, with no thought towards how they will fit into our style of play and whether they are compatible with their teammates.
Has FG lost the players ? on 18:48 - Sep 20 with 804 viewsLeonisGod

Has FG lost the players ? on 16:22 - Sep 20 by Private_Partz

A very thoughtful and insightful post and there is not much that I disagree with. Only thing I would say is it still early to judge our present season as the season's signing have been so late and we are experimenting in real time. I expect this to continue as we play the big boys over the next few games. I suspect we will still see the cautious approach unfortunately due to our midfield not being up to it. It has been made worse by a lack of form. Look at the end of the Southanmpton game. We were playing 4 2 4. You cannot get much more attacking than that but it hardly made any difference to the game. Luckily Southampton were happy to sit back somewhat by then as they were protecting their narrow lead.

Yes, true. It's going to take a while to settle after that transfer window. Given the blow of losing Ash and Ayew so late, I'm surprised how quickly this negativity has blown up. Things were ok after Chelsea.
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:17 - Sep 20 with 771 viewsraynor94

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:48 - Sep 20 by LeonisGod

Yes, true. It's going to take a while to settle after that transfer window. Given the blow of losing Ash and Ayew so late, I'm surprised how quickly this negativity has blown up. Things were ok after Chelsea.

We got out of jail against Chelsea, and people expected more than that abject performance at Southampton, the body language was appalling, anywhere near a repeat this week and we will be hammered

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:26 - Sep 20 with 752 viewsCatullus

Leon Britton has called on the players to respect the manager. If they can't respevt him they should at least respect who pays their wages AND us supporters who shell out a lot to wstch them and keep any argument in house, private and mot make us look a mess.
They should also be professional and do their best on the pitch. Even if only so when tbey ask for a move someone else wants them!

In short, put up and shut, then bu €€ er off.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024