Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has FG lost the players ? 19:09 - Sep 18 with 11265 viewsicecoldjack

There seems to be a real problem.
Gylfi seems to be playing with a major strop, Taylor and Ki arguing with the manager in front of millions in consecutive weeks, the team overall looking devoid of interest,something is seriously wrong IMO.

FG in his after match press interview mentioned something that i think is at the crux of it all
"I do not think it is a problem for players to change formation. We will speak to the players and the assistants to work out the problem."

That tells me the players arn't buying into his ideas and by fook it sure looks that way! he can only coach whats in front of him but if he can't change that what does he or the club do ?

I think he's lost the players, far too many off colour performers for it to be anything else.

Thoughts?
Has FG lost the players ? on 12:40 - Sep 19 with 1522 viewsDafyddHuw

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:42 - Sep 18 by Swanzay

Is it a simple question that if you dont/CANT select players as that decision is made for you , then naturally he has no authority or respect.

Which is no fault of his own, I assume he is one hand behind is back.

The players maybe think they are cosy as irrelevant whos in charge, they know they are not really....

He has no power, to do shite, unless Sir huw says...

Totally disagree with this. There's clubs all over the world where they havs a director of football who deals with all the players in/out, and the manager just manages the squad he's presented with.
I don't understand why you say that this model doesn't work, when it does in most clubs.
Has FG lost the players ? on 12:41 - Sep 19 with 1522 viewsfbreath

Has FG lost the players ? on 12:26 - Sep 19 by Private_Partz

You could be right but if it is the case it is not a new scenario. You mention Monk but it was the same with ML and Sousa. Changing managers under the current system of Huw wheeling and dealing will not change that situation. A manager needs HIS players. Those he knows and those who want to play for him.
I suggest that those rocking the boat need to be hung out to dry in the reserves and got rid of in January. Those who will support FG need to be in the team until we can rectify things.
If FG cannot offer such players with his contacts then he must go as we need a manager who can. I say 'if' as I belive he has with his vast knowledge of players with his lengthy career. There also lies a problem in recruiting a new manager as who else would come to this club with such an egotistical, penny pinching, snail paced man at the helm?
Have some humility Huw. Back FG, get the Yanks on board, and get in a DOF and scouting team who actually know the game.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 12:28]

Do you think Huw spotted Paloschi or did FG recommend him as someone he knew was good for a dog fight.

FG wouldn't have been in the game this long without knowing good players and the right players for a particular scenario.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:11 - Sep 19 with 1477 viewsPrivate_Partz

Has FG lost the players ? on 12:41 - Sep 19 by fbreath

Do you think Huw spotted Paloschi or did FG recommend him as someone he knew was good for a dog fight.

FG wouldn't have been in the game this long without knowing good players and the right players for a particular scenario.

I suspect he was a FG signing in desperate times. Once we were safe and the status quo prevailed. I was surprised he left us as he was well suited to the high pressing game. It must have been personal reasons and difficulty in settling. I had hopes for him this year and I thought we would have brought in some other bargains from the Italian leagues hence this window and attitude of the board has been a massive disappointment for me. I suspect it also is for FG as well and if things don't improve I can see him walking.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:17 - Sep 19 with 1458 viewsraynor94

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:11 - Sep 19 by Private_Partz

I suspect he was a FG signing in desperate times. Once we were safe and the status quo prevailed. I was surprised he left us as he was well suited to the high pressing game. It must have been personal reasons and difficulty in settling. I had hopes for him this year and I thought we would have brought in some other bargains from the Italian leagues hence this window and attitude of the board has been a massive disappointment for me. I suspect it also is for FG as well and if things don't improve I can see him walking.

It can't have been that much of a disappointment to him or he would never have tolerated being dictated to in this way, he can hardly walk and say this was all a surprise to him, I was bitterly disappointed in him yesterday he didn't seem to have a clue

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:21 - Sep 19 with 1453 viewsSwanjaxs

Has FG lost the players ? on 12:40 - Sep 19 by DafyddHuw

Totally disagree with this. There's clubs all over the world where they havs a director of football who deals with all the players in/out, and the manager just manages the squad he's presented with.
I don't understand why you say that this model doesn't work, when it does in most clubs.

You are correct mate, directors of football can work, thing is our director of football is clueless and needs to be replaced.....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:22 - Sep 19 with 1450 viewsPrivate_Partz

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:17 - Sep 19 by raynor94

It can't have been that much of a disappointment to him or he would never have tolerated being dictated to in this way, he can hardly walk and say this was all a surprise to him, I was bitterly disappointed in him yesterday he didn't seem to have a clue

Well I don't think any manager would come out this early in the season and express disappointment. There is still hope as well. We have new signings who have not got into the team yet. He could easily have been taken in by the Huw Admiration Society, as the Yanks are, and was therfore happy to let the situation prevail.
I dont think he is clueless at all. He was bitterly disappointed in the performance yesterday however and he has every right to be.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:30 - Sep 19 with 1431 viewsraynor94

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:22 - Sep 19 by Private_Partz

Well I don't think any manager would come out this early in the season and express disappointment. There is still hope as well. We have new signings who have not got into the team yet. He could easily have been taken in by the Huw Admiration Society, as the Yanks are, and was therfore happy to let the situation prevail.
I dont think he is clueless at all. He was bitterly disappointed in the performance yesterday however and he has every right to be.

Well last week's three at the back, and yesterday he changed formation three times, says something different, his whole demeanour and explanations are very worrying, oh well it's only Pep he's tactically up against this week

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:39 - Sep 19 with 1406 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:30 - Sep 19 by raynor94

Well last week's three at the back, and yesterday he changed formation three times, says something different, his whole demeanour and explanations are very worrying, oh well it's only Pep he's tactically up against this week

You don't seem to get that it wouldn't matter what formation he chose, if the players aren't performing to their max ability it is totally immaterial.
He started with the same set-up he ended with against Chelsea, which seemed to work quite well and this week the players completely let him down.
They played with far less skill, urgency and passion as they had against Chelsea.
Whether they disagree with what the manager is trying to do they should still be playing for the Club, the Fans and their own self respect.
Some of them did not.
Login to get fewer ads

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:46 - Sep 19 with 1379 viewsraynor94

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:39 - Sep 19 by A_Fans_Dad

You don't seem to get that it wouldn't matter what formation he chose, if the players aren't performing to their max ability it is totally immaterial.
He started with the same set-up he ended with against Chelsea, which seemed to work quite well and this week the players completely let him down.
They played with far less skill, urgency and passion as they had against Chelsea.
Whether they disagree with what the manager is trying to do they should still be playing for the Club, the Fans and their own self respect.
Some of them did not.

And I 100% agree with you of course they should be playing with passion, but they aren't Leicester away was the same, the question must be why aren't they playing for him, let's see what happens this week with Baston fit

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:47 - Sep 19 with 1374 viewsLeonisGod

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:39 - Sep 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Some of them did not.

Bit of a pattern emerging under Guido - we normally raise our game for the bigger clubs. I wasn't especially surprised we picked up against Chelsea and I expect us to again put in a better shift against City. Whether it will be enough to get a point or three though is another matter.
Has FG lost the players ? on 13:54 - Sep 19 with 1347 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:47 - Sep 19 by LeonisGod

Bit of a pattern emerging under Guido - we normally raise our game for the bigger clubs. I wasn't especially surprised we picked up against Chelsea and I expect us to again put in a better shift against City. Whether it will be enough to get a point or three though is another matter.

Are they the way they are at the moment, because like us they can't currently see where the goals are going to come from to make us competitive.
It must be difficult to take when they do work hard and it all comes to nothing.
Very much like when Gomis was the only "Striker".
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 14:11]
Has FG lost the players ? on 14:04 - Sep 19 with 1334 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin actually answers the op's question himself when he says he'll have to ask the players why they didn't press, pass, or move or whatever words he used. They are not doing what he asks which is as good a description of 'lost' as any.

If it gets to 0-2 against City in the first half hour there will be a horrible reaction I think, even though everybody should accept that it's very likely.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has FG lost the players ? on 14:12 - Sep 19 with 1316 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Has FG lost the players ? on 14:04 - Sep 19 by monmouth

Guidolin actually answers the op's question himself when he says he'll have to ask the players why they didn't press, pass, or move or whatever words he used. They are not doing what he asks which is as good a description of 'lost' as any.

If it gets to 0-2 against City in the first half hour there will be a horrible reaction I think, even though everybody should accept that it's very likely.

Spot on about his statement.
Has FG lost the players ? on 14:15 - Sep 19 with 1309 viewsjasper_T

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:11 - Sep 19 by Private_Partz

We had a bid rejected for Paloschi about a month before Guidolin appeared, but he was responsible for getting us to go back in for him for more money.

Which worked out brilliantly.
Has FG lost the players ? on 14:24 - Sep 19 with 1288 viewsmonmouth

Has FG lost the players ? on 14:15 - Sep 19 by jasper_T

We had a bid rejected for Paloschi about a month before Guidolin appeared, but he was responsible for getting us to go back in for him for more money.

I've seen nothing whatsoever to suggest that Paloschi wasn't a much better option up top than Llorente. he moved, he closed down, he shot and, hell, he even scored. How novel is that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has FG lost the players ? on 15:05 - Sep 19 with 1220 viewsmorningstar

We didn't have an offer turned down, but there was definite interest in him before Guido.

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/report-who-is-swansea-target-alberto-palosc

Dec 18 2015

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Has FG lost the players ? on 15:06 - Sep 19 with 1214 viewsUplandsJack

From what ive subsequently been told, Guidolin recommended Paloschi to HJ during initial conversations that were held over a month - 6 weeks before Guidolin came in.
At that stage he was being sounded out to come in to help assist GM. He was also being sounded out to advise on future player recruitment.
If you have the time or inclination, go back and check early interviews where in one, Guidolin actually states he'd been watching tapes of us for approx a month prior to apparently turning up out of the blue.
Has FG lost the players ? on 15:29 - Sep 19 with 1170 viewsandypitt56

Obviously Im worried about this season, in regards to where we are going to finish, but it could be worse i guess, look at stoke they spent big money got a fair few players and they only have one point! we can only hope that because of the changes we had over the summer that its going to take a while for the team to gel properly, and we have just had a slow start. we desperately need to find out what our best formation is, i think that is an issue at present. I also dont understand the reason why we cant play 4-5-1 of old, it would be a risk to play both montero and barrow but i really think its coming to the time where we have to take those risks.
Has FG lost the players ? on 15:47 - Sep 19 with 1138 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

There's no respect there at all for him
He'll lose the dressing room soon , if not already .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Has FG lost the players ? on 17:19 - Sep 19 with 1041 viewsstid

Get him out, Interviews are hard to watch , training videos are under 15s stuff , pre game warm up is embarrassing. Roberto and Rodgers both available for nothing in the summer and we end up this rubbish.
Has FG lost the players ? on 17:25 - Sep 19 with 1032 viewsvetchonian

Has FG lost the players ? on 17:19 - Sep 19 by stid

Get him out, Interviews are hard to watch , training videos are under 15s stuff , pre game warm up is embarrassing. Roberto and Rodgers both available for nothing in the summer and we end up this rubbish.

I would never have advocated bringing back either Roberto or Brendan. Managers rarely work second time around.
Roberto worked the first time as he knew the squad and had an idea of what he wanted to achieve and a plan on how to do it. There was already a decent platform in place...not so now and he as proved he couldnt do it elswhere having failed at Wigan and Everton.
I was OK with Guido originally ...had some doubts but as time goes on I am getting concerned . If we do show him the door or he walks the next appointment is crucial!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Has FG lost the players ? on 17:30 - Sep 19 with 1018 viewsTrundle10

Has FG lost the players ? on 17:25 - Sep 19 by vetchonian

I would never have advocated bringing back either Roberto or Brendan. Managers rarely work second time around.
Roberto worked the first time as he knew the squad and had an idea of what he wanted to achieve and a plan on how to do it. There was already a decent platform in place...not so now and he as proved he couldnt do it elswhere having failed at Wigan and Everton.
I was OK with Guido originally ...had some doubts but as time goes on I am getting concerned . If we do show him the door or he walks the next appointment is crucial!

I agree sbout FG but after the end we had to last season he had to be given a chance.
Has FG lost the players ? on 17:37 - Sep 19 with 1000 viewsstid

Has FG lost the players ? on 17:30 - Sep 19 by Trundle10

I agree sbout FG but after the end we had to last season he had to be given a chance.

No he didnt as it was still rubbish to watch...he was brought in to keep us up he done that and that should of been the end and then we go look for someone who plays the Swansea way. Jeff Gylfi Barrow/wayne Borja should be the first names on that sheet every week.
Has FG lost the players ? on 17:41 - Sep 19 with 992 viewsTrundle10

Has FG lost the players ? on 17:37 - Sep 19 by stid

No he didnt as it was still rubbish to watch...he was brought in to keep us up he done that and that should of been the end and then we go look for someone who plays the Swansea way. Jeff Gylfi Barrow/wayne Borja should be the first names on that sheet every week.

West Ham away anyone? Chelsea home? Borja been injured, gylfi is prob first name, wayne has been crap. Missing your point here tbh
Has FG lost the players ? on 17:53 - Sep 19 with 976 viewsstid

Has FG lost the players ? on 17:41 - Sep 19 by Trundle10

West Ham away anyone? Chelsea home? Borja been injured, gylfi is prob first name, wayne has been crap. Missing your point here tbh

Ye thats what got him the job...wins when every team above 15th were playing for nothing but our deluded board couldn't see that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024