Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has FG lost the players ? 19:09 - Sep 18 with 11268 viewsicecoldjack

There seems to be a real problem.
Gylfi seems to be playing with a major strop, Taylor and Ki arguing with the manager in front of millions in consecutive weeks, the team overall looking devoid of interest,something is seriously wrong IMO.

FG in his after match press interview mentioned something that i think is at the crux of it all
"I do not think it is a problem for players to change formation. We will speak to the players and the assistants to work out the problem."

That tells me the players arn't buying into his ideas and by fook it sure looks that way! he can only coach whats in front of him but if he can't change that what does he or the club do ?

I think he's lost the players, far too many off colour performers for it to be anything else.

Thoughts?
Has FG lost the players ? on 17:56 - Sep 19 with 1127 viewslondonlisa2001

Has FG lost the players ? on 17:53 - Sep 19 by stid

Ye thats what got him the job...wins when every team above 15th were playing for nothing but our deluded board couldn't see that

West Ham were playing for a Champions League place when we played them.

We are doing very badly, but let's not reinterpret the past.
Has FG lost the players ? on 18:10 - Sep 19 with 1102 viewsstid

why appoint a manager who has nothing to do with transfers? lets not forget why he was brought in (to keep us up) he done that and thats what his style of football is used for.
Has FG lost the players ? on 18:12 - Sep 19 with 1096 viewsPrivate_Partz

Has FG lost the players ? on 13:30 - Sep 19 by raynor94

Well last week's three at the back, and yesterday he changed formation three times, says something different, his whole demeanour and explanations are very worrying, oh well it's only Pep he's tactically up against this week

For me it is a manager experimenting with the team as he did not have the opportunity in the friendlies due to us signing too few too late.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:16 - Sep 19 with 1090 viewsPrivate_Partz

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:10 - Sep 19 by stid

why appoint a manager who has nothing to do with transfers? lets not forget why he was brought in (to keep us up) he done that and thats what his style of football is used for.

I would suggest that is the only type of manager Huw wants. Plus the record shows that what he kept us up with was not FG's normal style if football.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:18 - Sep 19 with 1088 viewsstid

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:12 - Sep 19 by Private_Partz

For me it is a manager experimenting with the team as he did not have the opportunity in the friendlies due to us signing too few too late.

Rubbish the squad was done after Borja signed. He hasnt got a clue
Has FG lost the players ? on 18:25 - Sep 19 with 1038 viewsPrivate_Partz

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:18 - Sep 19 by stid

And when was Borja signed? Huw is the clueless one but you bang on about the manager. As long as Jenkins is here we are in deep trouble. He has his money. He is now trying to prove to the Yanks that he can live up to his reputation.
If you get your way wtf do you think would take this club on under the present arrangements? Belisa? Not a chance but if FG goes, or walks, that is the type of manager we need.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 18:26]

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:26 - Sep 19 with 1026 viewsDewi1jack

Has FG lost the players ? on 17:19 - Sep 19 by stid

Get him out, Interviews are hard to watch , training videos are under 15s stuff , pre game warm up is embarrassing. Roberto and Rodgers both available for nothing in the summer and we end up this rubbish.

Are you seriously telling us you'd have had the Tapas waiter back?
Have you really forgotten what he did to us as a clooobah?

We've gone back to a manager that left us before.
Yorath really worked out well didn't he?
NB took to his second tenure and showered him with all the love and tenderness that we could muster.

From what I've been told, Brenda wanted far too much.
Why didn't you mention PS?
He taught us to defend in a way that built a solid foundation for 'Oytschtandin' Bren

There's some really good points made throughout this thread.
Predominantly about overpaid, spoiled brat mediocre players (Ki- you came from the Jock pub leagues. You should be able to fuggin tackle!)
A board that has messed up transfer window after window since they got the hump with Tutumulu (can't be arzzed to look up the proper spelling) but let that mug Moralee walk all over them.
Director of football works as (I think Dafydd said it) provided the director of football knows what the fuk he's doing as far as the right player recruitment is concerned.
Our sneaky, untrustworthy b'stard DoF doesn't.
Leave Jenkins as CEO for the moment, until the Yanks can properly get to grips with us, But at least get some tw@ in who knows that Ngog, Tabanou, Eder etc etc are a pile of wánk.
Even Landon D probably knows that they're too sh1te for even the MLS
And just who the flying fuk thought Fernandez was worth £6 million(ish) more than Cheating Chico?
Or giving Dyer (whose been dire since Loudstrop took over- see time at Leicester!) a 4 yr contract.
An ageing Leon or Angel, as much as we know they'll give 100% for the club, aren't the answer either. We all knew this 3 or 4 windows ago.
Our Transfer attendant so obviously didn't.
And still doesn't

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:30 - Sep 19 with 1012 viewsBorojack

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:18 - Sep 19 by stid

Borgia signed late Mawson even later what you on about.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Login to get fewer ads

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:32 - Sep 19 with 1003 viewsLeonisGod

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:16 - Sep 19 by Private_Partz

I would suggest that is the only type of manager Huw wants. Plus the record shows that what he kept us up with was not FG's normal style if football.

That's the strange thing about all of this. What we're getting from Guidolin is not what he's given before. Curt obviously changed the style from Garry, going to a much more possession based approach and less camped on the edge of our 18 yards box. Back more to our winger play, even if using Ayew made us lop-sided. Guidolin then only tweaked this, ad now he seems to be slipping back to Garry's 'pack the midfield' approach. His most noticeable change last season was shutting up shop and bringing on an extra defender with 10 mins to go if we were in the lead.

Given how successful he's been in the past, why has he been reluctant to stamp his mark on the team? Maybe he thought we were pretty much good enough? Maybe he thinks we don't have the player to play the way he used to? Who knows.

It's all very cautious and not the free-flowing football that brought him success at Udinese.

We seem to be getting Guideline-lite. Or maybe I was just expecting too much of him. Or maybe he's not being given enough freedom? (the Huw outers will love that possibility, I'm sure).

And the other thing, what about his links with the Pozzo family an/or other clubs? As far as i'm aware, we've made no attempts to develop links with any of his past clubs, despite him obviously being well-connected. In Italy he's regarded as one of the best managers they have. But we don't seem to be using his knowledge.

All very odd.
Has FG lost the players ? on 18:35 - Sep 19 with 993 viewsstid

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:26 - Sep 19 by Dewi1jack

Are you seriously telling us you'd have had the Tapas waiter back?
Have you really forgotten what he did to us as a clooobah?

We've gone back to a manager that left us before.
Yorath really worked out well didn't he?
NB took to his second tenure and showered him with all the love and tenderness that we could muster.

From what I've been told, Brenda wanted far too much.
Why didn't you mention PS?
He taught us to defend in a way that built a solid foundation for 'Oytschtandin' Bren

There's some really good points made throughout this thread.
Predominantly about overpaid, spoiled brat mediocre players (Ki- you came from the Jock pub leagues. You should be able to fuggin tackle!)
A board that has messed up transfer window after window since they got the hump with Tutumulu (can't be arzzed to look up the proper spelling) but let that mug Moralee walk all over them.
Director of football works as (I think Dafydd said it) provided the director of football knows what the fuk he's doing as far as the right player recruitment is concerned.
Our sneaky, untrustworthy b'stard DoF doesn't.
Leave Jenkins as CEO for the moment, until the Yanks can properly get to grips with us, But at least get some tw@ in who knows that Ngog, Tabanou, Eder etc etc are a pile of wánk.
Even Landon D probably knows that they're too sh1te for even the MLS
And just who the flying fuk thought Fernandez was worth £6 million(ish) more than Cheating Chico?
Or giving Dyer (whose been dire since Loudstrop took over- see time at Leicester!) a 4 yr contract.
An ageing Leon or Angel, as much as we know they'll give 100% for the club, aren't the answer either. We all knew this 3 or 4 windows ago.
Our Transfer attendant so obviously didn't.
And still doesn't

I didnt mention PS because that was also SHIT to watch...This squad is more than capable for finishing top 10 under the right manager. Our front 4 is on par with any1 outside the top 6! Agree with you on the transfer front but that wont come after 1 window so lets just wait a see if we progress with that. Got to keep players like leon and rangel on the books at this stage as they will never let us down.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 20:09]
Has FG lost the players ? on 18:36 - Sep 19 with 989 viewsSmellyplumz

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:35 - Sep 19 by stid

I didnt mention PS because that was also SHIT to watch...This squad is more than capable for finishing top 10 under the right manager. Our front 4 is on par with any1 outside the top 6! Agree with you on the transfer front but that wont come after 1 window so lets just wait a see if we progress with that. Got to keep players like leon and rangel on the books at this stage as they will never let us down.

Rangel was raped on Saturday

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:38 - Sep 19 with 986 viewsLeonisGod

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:36 - Sep 19 by Smellyplumz

No wonder he ran slowly in the match on Sunday
Has FG lost the players ? on 18:39 - Sep 19 with 985 viewsstid

His approach to the game is well suited in Italy thats why , just like Conte at Chelsea..He wont around long as its boring to watch
Has FG lost the players ? on 18:41 - Sep 19 with 977 viewsstid

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:36 - Sep 19 by Smellyplumz

By who? all the trouble came from the opposite side where we had a rb at lb because FG put personal arguments over the team.
Has FG lost the players ? on 18:44 - Sep 19 with 970 viewsTrundle10

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:41 - Sep 19 by stid

By who? all the trouble came from the opposite side where we had a rb at lb because FG put personal arguments over the team.

Would you have picked taylor then? Serious Question
Has FG lost the players ? on 18:45 - Sep 19 with 966 viewsstid

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:44 - Sep 19 by Trundle10

Would you have picked taylor then? Serious Question

At least on the bench yes , I personally dont see much in SK as he cannot defend.
Has FG lost the players ? on 18:54 - Sep 19 with 938 viewsjasper_T

Has FG lost the players ? on 17:19 - Sep 19 by stid

Get him out, Interviews are hard to watch , training videos are under 15s stuff , pre game warm up is embarrassing. Roberto and Rodgers both available for nothing in the summer and we end up this rubbish.

The former Inter & Udinese head fitness coach we hired in the summer not cutting it?
Has FG lost the players ? on 18:57 - Sep 19 with 933 viewsswan88

The unfortunate answer to this is yes. Stating the obvious but unless the team show some fight in the next few weeks he will be gone.
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:03 - Sep 19 with 913 viewsstid

Has FG lost the players ? on 18:54 - Sep 19 by jasper_T

The former Inter & Udinese head fitness coach we hired in the summer not cutting it?

Oh they look fit yes but thas partly down to the fact they are running around not knowing what to do, we had Amat coming out of cb to press yesterday...pass him on ffs its basic
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:29 - Sep 19 with 874 viewsDewi1jack

Yes was boring as fuk watching Sousaball, but really steadied the ship after the Tapas waiter had fuked with both the club and players heads.
Also gave Bren an Oytschtandin foundation with which to build on.

Our front four being as good as anyone in the top 6?
Really?

Borja/ Nando/ Gylfi/ Jeff/ Mo being as good as Aguero, Nolito, Debruyne, Silva, Sterling etc?
As good as Kane, Alli, Erikkson, lamela etc?
Hazard, Costa (as much as I detest the fugger) Oscar, fabregas etc?

Okaaaaay

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:33 - Sep 19 with 869 viewsstid

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:29 - Sep 19 by Dewi1jack

Yes was boring as fuk watching Sousaball, but really steadied the ship after the Tapas waiter had fuked with both the club and players heads.
Also gave Bren an Oytschtandin foundation with which to build on.

Our front four being as good as anyone in the top 6?
Really?

Borja/ Nando/ Gylfi/ Jeff/ Mo being as good as Aguero, Nolito, Debruyne, Silva, Sterling etc?
As good as Kane, Alli, Erikkson, lamela etc?
Hazard, Costa (as much as I detest the fugger) Oscar, fabregas etc?

Okaaaaay

Go back and try again...OUT of top 6
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:43 - Sep 19 with 848 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Jesus Christ this guy must be on heavy meds when he makes ridiculous statements like this "Our front 4 is on par with any1 out of the top 6!"
What alternative Universe does he live in?
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:46 - Sep 19 with 841 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:33 - Sep 19 by stid

Go back and try again...OUT of top 6

You don't seem to realise that all the front 4 players in the top 6 score goals and ours don't.
But that obviously doesn't mean anything to you.
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:48 - Sep 19 with 833 viewsstid

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:46 - Sep 19 by A_Fans_Dad

You don't seem to realise that all the front 4 players in the top 6 score goals and ours don't.
But that obviously doesn't mean anything to you.

Try again mate
Has FG lost the players ? on 19:53 - Sep 19 with 815 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:48 - Sep 19 by stid

Try again mate

I don't need to, you talk absolute bull.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024