Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has FG lost the players ? 19:09 - Sep 18 with 11266 viewsicecoldjack

There seems to be a real problem.
Gylfi seems to be playing with a major strop, Taylor and Ki arguing with the manager in front of millions in consecutive weeks, the team overall looking devoid of interest,something is seriously wrong IMO.

FG in his after match press interview mentioned something that i think is at the crux of it all
"I do not think it is a problem for players to change formation. We will speak to the players and the assistants to work out the problem."

That tells me the players arn't buying into his ideas and by fook it sure looks that way! he can only coach whats in front of him but if he can't change that what does he or the club do ?

I think he's lost the players, far too many off colour performers for it to be anything else.

Thoughts?
Has FG lost the players ? on 20:14 - Sep 18 with 1982 viewscrix

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:01 - Sep 18 by longlostjack

What does it mean to lose the players? Manager completely incompetent according to players ?

it feels like player power to me. they got laudrup sacked, they clearly stopped playing for monk and got him sacked. so is this more of the same? they arnt buying into fg's way of doing things so act like prima donnas to get him out.
Has FG lost the players ? on 20:31 - Sep 18 with 1926 viewsblaine_scfc

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:14 - Sep 18 by crix

it feels like player power to me. they got laudrup sacked, they clearly stopped playing for monk and got him sacked. so is this more of the same? they arnt buying into fg's way of doing things so act like prima donnas to get him out.

We need a Bielsa, Emery mould type manager to come in, take full control of all footballing matters and with reputation comes respect. Be ruthless with players, send them on their way.

Only way we'll get a manager of that stature though is if Huw stands down from his post, and the yanks chuck some money into it. Surely they can't be Happy with the summers recruitment?

As I keep saying, I don't want Guido sacked, this isn't his fault, the board have let him, the fans and the club down in a major way. They need to go, and go sharpish.
Has FG lost the players ? on 20:35 - Sep 18 with 1920 viewsJack123

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:01 - Sep 18 by longlostjack

What does it mean to lose the players? Manager completely incompetent according to players ?

For me, they have no respect for him! Time will tell I guess, but that's what I feel at the moment.

libera nos a malo

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:46 - Sep 18 with 1888 viewscrix

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:31 - Sep 18 by blaine_scfc

We need a Bielsa, Emery mould type manager to come in, take full control of all footballing matters and with reputation comes respect. Be ruthless with players, send them on their way.

Only way we'll get a manager of that stature though is if Huw stands down from his post, and the yanks chuck some money into it. Surely they can't be Happy with the summers recruitment?

As I keep saying, I don't want Guido sacked, this isn't his fault, the board have let him, the fans and the club down in a major way. They need to go, and go sharpish.

I said in another thread I don't think changing managers every other year is helping us, but you have a point we need someone to give the fvckers a kick up the ass when needed or get out the door if you don't like it attitude.
I'm not necessarily in the Jenkins out camp, but he certainly needs to rethink what hes doing behind the scenes with transfers if hes going to remain in that role that's a certainty.
Has FG lost the players ? on 20:48 - Sep 18 with 1873 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:43 - Sep 18 by longlostjack

This. If anything Guido needs to be more ruthless and the Board needs to back him. He is being too much the Gentleman and too cautious. He gave Ki a chance today and what happened - he blew it. Llorente was getting pissed off in the first half and signalling to the others to get forward and do some pressing rather like Ayew did last season. In his first game as manager against Everton this was what was a breath of fresh air compared to Monk. He needs to stick to his principles and ignore the ego's. Get rid of Ki and Taylor in January and use his contacts to buy in some hungry talent.

A lot of sense there. I thought the players weren't playing for him today pure and simple.

The system he's working in emasculates him and it looks like the players are behaving like unruly kids with a supply teacher.

The board need to ask him who the problem players are and they need to read the riot act to them. If he wants the. Out in January them out they go. See how Ki and Taylor feel playing for the u23's week in week out.

This has to be tackled and right away. It doesn't matter who we hire nobody can get respect if they aren't granted the authority to crush these mini rebellions.

I feel so so sorry for Guidolin. He is a decent hardworking man who is being let down by a bunch of overpaid mercenaries who don't give a f*ck for the club OR the fans. Weed em out and move them on and allow FG money to spend in January on the players HE wants.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:53 - Sep 18 with 1848 viewscrix

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:48 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

A lot of sense there. I thought the players weren't playing for him today pure and simple.

The system he's working in emasculates him and it looks like the players are behaving like unruly kids with a supply teacher.

The board need to ask him who the problem players are and they need to read the riot act to them. If he wants the. Out in January them out they go. See how Ki and Taylor feel playing for the u23's week in week out.

This has to be tackled and right away. It doesn't matter who we hire nobody can get respect if they aren't granted the authority to crush these mini rebellions.

I feel so so sorry for Guidolin. He is a decent hardworking man who is being let down by a bunch of overpaid mercenaries who don't give a f*ck for the club OR the fans. Weed em out and move them on and allow FG money to spend in January on the players HE wants.

cant disagree with this and what longlost said.
Has FG lost the players ? on 20:55 - Sep 18 with 1837 viewsmahoss

Is anybody really surprised at the mess we find ourselves in ?
The guy wins a couple of games last season and is handed a contract
on the back of it,I,m sure most people were unsure at the time.
Add to that a poor transfer window where we have not addressed
the weaknesses that were apparent last season,and here we are !
It's going to be very difficult to turn around I,m afraid.
Guidolin seems a really nice guy,but wrong club,wrong time
for me.
Has FG lost the players ? on 21:00 - Sep 18 with 1808 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:55 - Sep 18 by mahoss

for me.

Now hold on there, he did a lot more than "Win a couple of games". Without him we'd be playing in the championship this season. Show some gratitude

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Has FG lost the players ? on 21:02 - Sep 18 with 1807 viewscrix

Has FG lost the players ? on 20:55 - Sep 18 by mahoss

for me.

'the guy wins a couple of games last season and is handed a contract on the back of it'

if hed lost all of them and got handed a contract then I certainly would of been quizzical at his appointment.
Has FG lost the players ? on 21:13 - Sep 18 with 1760 viewsmahoss

Has FG lost the players ? on 21:02 - Sep 18 by crix

'the guy wins a couple of games last season and is handed a contract on the back of it'

if hed lost all of them and got handed a contract then I certainly would of been quizzical at his appointment.

What I,m saying is.
He wasn't many peoples first choice for manager was he ?
Has FG lost the players ? on 21:33 - Sep 18 with 1718 viewscrix

Has FG lost the players ? on 21:13 - Sep 18 by mahoss

What I,m saying is.
He wasn't many peoples first choice for manager was he ?

fair enough and yeah he wasn't my first choice either. I really hoped we would of pulled out all the stops to get sampaoli, but as we failed on that front I wasn't that disappointed with his appointment at the time as he did get the job done.
Has FG lost the players ? on 21:58 - Sep 18 with 1678 viewsmahoss

Has FG lost the players ? on 21:33 - Sep 18 by crix

fair enough and yeah he wasn't my first choice either. I really hoped we would of pulled out all the stops to get sampaoli, but as we failed on that front I wasn't that disappointed with his appointment at the time as he did get the job done.

The first thing is the club has gone through huge change over the last few months,new owners etc
always going to be difficult for any manager coming in.
I just don't think Guidolin was the right appointment.
As mentioned,they haven't exactly helped matters with the transfer window,but he would have had to agree to the situation.
The Premier League is an unforgiving place,no time for wrong decisions on management or players.
lets hope they can sort it out,I'd love Guidolin to be successful,we,ll see.
Has FG lost the players ? on 23:25 - Sep 18 with 1549 viewsdobjack2

Has FG lost the players ? on 21:58 - Sep 18 by mahoss

The first thing is the club has gone through huge change over the last few months,new owners etc
always going to be difficult for any manager coming in.
I just don't think Guidolin was the right appointment.
As mentioned,they haven't exactly helped matters with the transfer window,but he would have had to agree to the situation.
The Premier League is an unforgiving place,no time for wrong decisions on management or players.
lets hope they can sort it out,I'd love Guidolin to be successful,we,ll see.

I do have to disagree with part of your post, he did not have to agree to the situation, he had a choice to put up with it or f*ck off - as Steve Bruce did at hull. He chose to put up with it, nobody in their right mind whose overriding concern was the playing side of the club could agree with what we did in the last window.
Has FG lost the players ? on 00:40 - Sep 19 with 1498 viewsUplandsJack

Sadly it seems player power is striking yet again....

What a sorry state we find ourselves in...
Was sat at St Mary's today just looking towards the bench thinking who we could bring on to change things... Apart from starting with Leon instead of cork, I'm struggling to be honest...

Ladies & Gentleman, boys & girls HJ has royally fooked this club good and proper.
We surely have the weakest squad since we arrived in the premier league.....
For the last 3 or 4 windows he has repeatedly cocked up but this last windown has to be the final straw... please , please HJ If you still give the slightest shite about this club, walk away. And do it now...

I was comfortable with Guidolin getting the job last May, as I believed he would be decent given the window to bring in his own people.... laugh my arse off... how stupid was I. About him being ALLOWED to bring in the players of his choice that is....

That said, I started to have doubts about Guidolin , when I repeatedly heard him say he was happy with the squad. Now as others have already said, he was hardly likely to say he wasn't and they were actually mostly shite... No, but it would have been nice to see him put a little bit of presure on HJ and say he needed a couple more in certain areas to complement the squad. Thus putting a lititle pressure on the board to deal.....
Sadly he's left himself wide open for the blame when the shit hits the fan. HJ will no doubt say they raised concerns to Guidolin but he reassured them he was happy with his squad, they then tried at the last minute to help out after opening games but it was simply too late....

Think the writing is probably on the wall for Guidolin, unless he can get the players back onside, which I doubt will happen. I just hope he's not the only one who's shown the door if this happens....
#JenkinsOut
Has FG lost the players ? on 01:51 - Sep 19 with 1467 viewsdameedna

He has lost some of the players - Williams and Ayew in particular.,

Llorente and Baston could come good but Siggy clearly needs to gel with the new formation.

Where Fer was ahead of Siggy we were suffering with Leicester ripping us to shreds.

It is the same old problem.

If we play Siggy deep he doesn't seem to want to know or makes mistakes. If we give the no 10 slot to JJS, Fer or Ki, he is out of the team.

It has been a problem for a few years, Ayew was good enough to get on with his game and occupy two players, so far we.

That player is going to have to be Baston and if it is not, we are going to have to have a change of players including Siggy and Ki.
Has FG lost the players ? on 04:48 - Sep 19 with 1356 viewsBLAZE

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:12 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

I think he might have but the sad thing is that it's not because he's a loon or a bully - it's because the playing staff are in the main a bunch of c*nts.

Tossers the lot of them.

Completely agree. My blood boils at thought that these obscenely rewarded individuals are unable to motivate themselves, whether consciously or sub-consciously, to perform for the manager to the best of their ability

I dont give a f*ck if they agree with his methods; when you earn more in a week than the average fan in a year, 100% effort should be a minimum requirement and they aren't giving that
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 4:52]
Has FG lost the players ? on 07:02 - Sep 19 with 1295 viewsDr_Winston

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:43 - Sep 18 by longlostjack

This. If anything Guido needs to be more ruthless and the Board needs to back him. He is being too much the Gentleman and too cautious. He gave Ki a chance today and what happened - he blew it. Llorente was getting pissed off in the first half and signalling to the others to get forward and do some pressing rather like Ayew did last season. In his first game as manager against Everton this was what was a breath of fresh air compared to Monk. He needs to stick to his principles and ignore the ego's. Get rid of Ki and Taylor in January and use his contacts to buy in some hungry talent.

Will he be allowed to get rid of Ki?

Ki is one of Jenkins's golden boys. The club signed him with great fanfare for Laudrup who showed little interest then sent him out on loan. Unusually they continued to big him up despite the manager obviously not rating him. He had one decent season under another of Huw's lads and has been largely shite ever since (and before).

Not snapping Stoke's hands off for £7m after the season he had last year would suggest that some people still see him as a Ki player for us despite four years worth of evidence to the contrary.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Has FG lost the players ? on 10:11 - Sep 19 with 1221 viewsandypitt56

I was at the match yesterday, It was really poor. My gf came with me ( doesnt know much about football) but she hit the nail on the head. about 60mins in she said, swansea are a team of individuals... and shes right we have lost the team emphasis that got us into this league. It is not looking good atm. lack luster, devoid of ideas and no fight. we are sleep walking right into a relegation battle.
Has FG lost the players ? on 10:17 - Sep 19 with 1204 viewsmonmouth

Has FG lost the players ? on 10:11 - Sep 19 by andypitt56

I was at the match yesterday, It was really poor. My gf came with me ( doesnt know much about football) but she hit the nail on the head. about 60mins in she said, swansea are a team of individuals... and shes right we have lost the team emphasis that got us into this league. It is not looking good atm. lack luster, devoid of ideas and no fight. we are sleep walking right into a relegation battle.

You couldn't be more wrong mate.

It won't be a battle if we play like that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has FG lost the players ? on 10:18 - Sep 19 with 1199 viewsjack247

Has FG lost the players ? on 07:02 - Sep 19 by Dr_Winston

Will he be allowed to get rid of Ki?

Ki is one of Jenkins's golden boys. The club signed him with great fanfare for Laudrup who showed little interest then sent him out on loan. Unusually they continued to big him up despite the manager obviously not rating him. He had one decent season under another of Huw's lads and has been largely shite ever since (and before).

Not snapping Stoke's hands off for £7m after the season he had last year would suggest that some people still see him as a Ki player for us despite four years worth of evidence to the contrary.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Cynical I know, but I think they must see Ki as a cash cow for the far eastern market. He is just nowhere near consistent enough and the games he really stands out tend to be against teams we are dominating anyway. Not that that happens often these days.

Neat and tidy, looks assured, loads of touches, very few of them incisive or purposeful.

Harsh to pick him out because Gylfi was worse yesterday. Ki has been a passenger way too often though.
Has FG lost the players ? on 10:18 - Sep 19 with 1198 viewsandypitt56

Has FG lost the players ? on 10:17 - Sep 19 by monmouth

You couldn't be more wrong mate.

It won't be a battle if we play like that.

yeh thats true, i shall rephrase we are sleeping walking to relegation!
Has FG lost the players ? on 10:46 - Sep 19 with 1165 viewsLeonisGod

Has FG lost the players ? on 19:12 - Sep 18 by raynor94

Early days, but I'm reluctantly coming to that conclusion, something is definitely not right behind the scenes

Not right with the club as a whole at the moment. We're all as flat as a witches t1t. The transfer window wasn't the best, we seem to have lost the intensity we had in the second half of last season. Fans are grumpy. Players are grumpy. Mixed messages coming from Guidolin. All a bit 'meh'.
Has FG lost the players ? on 10:49 - Sep 19 with 1162 viewsPozuelosSideys

Yes he has.. and its pretty obvious too.

Look back at when the players couldnt be arsed with Monk anymore, they were exactly the same. Half arsed, moaning. Lightweight, all bang "out of form"..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Has FG lost the players ? on 10:52 - Sep 19 with 1154 viewsKGriz16

tbh, Ki and Taylor can fck off. they're both dog sh*t
Has FG lost the players ? on 12:26 - Sep 19 with 1070 viewsPrivate_Partz

Has FG lost the players ? on 10:49 - Sep 19 by PozuelosSideys

Yes he has.. and its pretty obvious too.

Look back at when the players couldnt be arsed with Monk anymore, they were exactly the same. Half arsed, moaning. Lightweight, all bang "out of form"..

You could be right but if it is the case it is not a new scenario. You mention Monk but it was the same with ML and Sousa. Changing managers under the current system of Huw wheeling and dealing will not change that situation. A manager needs HIS players. Those he knows and those who want to play for him.
I suggest that those rocking the boat need to be hung out to dry in the reserves and got rid of in January. Those who will support FG need to be in the team until we can rectify things.
If FG cannot offer such players with his contacts then he must go as we need a manager who can. I say 'if' as I belive he has with his vast knowledge of players with his lengthy career. There also lies a problem in recruiting a new manager as who else would come to this club with such an egotistical, penny pinching, snail paced man at the helm?
Have some humility Huw. Back FG, get the Yanks on board, and get in a DOF and scouting team who actually know the game.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 12:28]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024