Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Tourism 10:58 - Jul 17 with 47452 viewsDr_Winston

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jul/16/huge-market-untapped-lack-of-vis

Already on its knees in recent years thanks to the Welsh Govts unnecessarily heavy Covid restrictions, refusal to deal with M4 congestion and seeming intention to actually make getting around in Wales even harder. To top that off we've still got the mooted tourist tax to come.

Is there anything in this country that they can't screw up?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Tourism on 22:07 - Sep 9 with 1098 viewsTogg

Welsh Tourism on 21:50 - Sep 9 by onehunglow

They you go Toggy.
Read that beaut

I absolutely detest the Welsh Nats . Totally parochial and their ideals are like from a total parallel universe. Odd bunch really.
Welsh Tourism on 22:14 - Sep 9 with 1077 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 22:07 - Sep 9 by Togg

I absolutely detest the Welsh Nats . Totally parochial and their ideals are like from a total parallel universe. Odd bunch really.

Indeed.
My missus pleased with England team tonight .
It might be a good night

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh Tourism on 23:10 - Sep 9 with 1053 viewslifelong

Welsh Tourism on 21:49 - Sep 9 by onehunglow

Toggle.
I mainly comment from a north Wales perspective.
North and south Wales are utterly different .
Most south walians,back in the day,never ventured north at all.
Why would any Swansea person want to go north for leisure anyway .

Plenty of young Swansea red blooded males ventured North to Pwllheli for an annual Butlins holiday.
Lots of young ladies from across the border would do likewise.
It was an interesting time.
Welsh Tourism on 09:25 - Sep 10 with 1009 viewsonehunglow

I remember them to be essentially middle class and somewhat academic pacifist souls,like Gwynfor Evans .
I remember no support at all for independence in Swansea or Cardiff .
Most working class folk simply want to get by and are not arsed about constitutional matters let alone what language they have to speak to get a job

Welsh Tourism on 16:03 - Sep 10 with 951 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 09:25 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

I remember them to be essentially middle class and somewhat academic pacifist souls,like Gwynfor Evans .
Most working class folk simply want to get by and are not arsed about constitutional matters let alone what language they have to speak to get a job

Wherever they have indy marches they ship loads in on buses and claim it shows the locals are all for it.

They said that about Swansea but it's complete nonsense.
Welsh Tourism on 16:30 - Sep 10 with 938 viewslifelong

‘Detest’…charming.
Welsh Tourism on 17:19 - Sep 10 with 937 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 16:03 - Sep 10 by SullutaCreturned

Wherever they have indy marches they ship loads in on buses and claim it shows the locals are all for it.

I can on,y reiterate Swansea ,in my youth ,as overwhelmingly anti independence .
I can remember the language issue too.
It divided as it dies now.
Nothing but nothing winds up the likes of lifelong as WLes and the language seeing anything questioning as ante( sic) Welsh l
Frankly,if someone is anti Welsh,it’s their right,
I remember people from Monmouth,Chepstow and the Marches as being “ English” in outlook.
It’s 2023 and we still have this crepe

Welsh Tourism on 17:40 - Sep 10 with 922 viewslifelong

Welsh Tourism on 17:19 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

I can on,y reiterate Swansea ,in my youth ,as overwhelmingly anti independence .
I can remember the language issue too.
It divided as it dies now.
Nothing but nothing winds up the likes of lifelong as WLes and the language seeing anything questioning as ante( sic) Welsh l
Frankly,if someone is anti Welsh,it’s their right,
I remember people from Monmouth,Chepstow and the Marches as being “ English” in outlook.
It’s 2023 and we still have this crepe

As disappointing as is is to the likes of you the language is far from dying, despite many years ago English teachers beating young children to stop them speaking it.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Tourism on 17:41 - Sep 10 with 925 viewsonehunglow

There ya go

Welsh Tourism on 18:00 - Sep 10 with 920 viewsTogg

Welsh Tourism on 16:30 - Sep 10 by lifelong

‘Detest’…charming.

No a point of view. Don't like them. Narrow minded and bigotry to the fore. Same as all Nationalists. Do you detest German Nationalists, Spanish Nationalists in the Civil war or English Nationalists. Charming the lot of them .
[Post edited 10 Sep 2023 18:08]
Welsh Tourism on 18:06 - Sep 10 with 898 viewslifelong

Welsh Tourism on 18:00 - Sep 10 by Togg

No a point of view. Don't like them. Narrow minded and bigotry to the fore. Same as all Nationalists. Do you detest German Nationalists, Spanish Nationalists in the Civil war or English Nationalists. Charming the lot of them .

Just thought detest was a bit strong, come to expect that from the Perch, he detests everything Welsh.
Welsh Tourism on 18:11 - Sep 10 with 895 viewsTogg

Welsh Tourism on 18:06 - Sep 10 by lifelong

Just thought detest was a bit strong, come to expect that from the Perch, he detests everything Welsh.

Apologies. Maybe I should have said dislike. I love my country and that's Wales and the whole of the UK. Love Europe too.
Welsh Tourism on 18:39 - Sep 10 with 872 viewsonehunglow

Countries are basically territories drawn on a map by someone .
No country should feel they are beyond questioning,including Wales .
Some things about Wales make me feel uneasy ,others proud.
It’s how it is

Welsh Tourism on 18:56 - Sep 10 with 859 viewsGwyn737

Welsh Tourism on 18:11 - Sep 10 by Togg

Apologies. Maybe I should have said dislike. I love my country and that's Wales and the whole of the UK. Love Europe too.

You’re a patriot, not a nationalist. Same as me.

Unfortunately, hard line nationalists see patriots as against them. A few nationalists on here confuse patriots with being anglophiles.

Obviously there’s a world of difference but their so far down their rabbit hole they can’t see it.
Welsh Tourism on 21:06 - Sep 10 with 816 viewsTogg

Welsh Tourism on 18:56 - Sep 10 by Gwyn737

You’re a patriot, not a nationalist. Same as me.

Unfortunately, hard line nationalists see patriots as against them. A few nationalists on here confuse patriots with being anglophiles.

Obviously there’s a world of difference but their so far down their rabbit hole they can’t see it.

Thanks mate.. totally agree. I've said in here before I push Wales especially Gower to all non Welsh people. It's a wonderful area as are other parts of Wales.
Welsh Tourism on 22:27 - Sep 10 with 782 viewsKilkennyjack

The modern Conservative and Unionist party is the English Nationalust Party in all but name.

Glad you condemn them …. 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Welsh nationalism is quite different.
Its an inclusive modern civic nationalism.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Tourism on 22:29 - Sep 10 with 778 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 18:39 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

Countries are basically territories drawn on a map by someone .
No country should feel they are beyond questioning,including Wales .
Some things about Wales make me feel uneasy ,others proud.
It’s how it is

Lets question the made up statelet of Northern Ireland then.
You have described it exactly.

Welsh Tourism on 22:30 - Sep 10 with 777 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 09:25 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

Its changed a lot.

Welsh Tourism on 22:32 - Sep 10 with 774 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 16:03 - Sep 10 by SullutaCreturned

They are all national marches you div.

🤷‍♂️

Welsh Tourism on 22:34 - Sep 10 with 767 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Tourism on 22:27 - Sep 10 by Kilkennyjack

The modern Conservative and Unionist party is the English Nationalust Party in all but name.

Glad you condemn them …. 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Welsh nationalism is quite different.
Its an inclusive modern civic nationalism.

There is no English nationalist party never has been . Just both the main Three UK parties Conservatives, labour and Liberals believe in United Kingdom just like the majority of the UK population

Not sure Welsh Nationalism is moden. It is certainly not inclusive as it seeks to divide the Welsh population.

Not sure what this has to do with Welsh Tourism though.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Tourism on 22:53 - Sep 10 with 749 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 22:29 - Sep 10 by Kilkennyjack

And the people want it to remain as it is

Welsh Tourism on 23:00 - Sep 10 with 741 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Tourism on 22:29 - Sep 10 by Kilkennyjack

And the made up statelet of the Republic.

Still nothing to do with Welsh Tourism though.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2023 23:01]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Tourism on 14:40 - Sep 11 with 639 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 22:34 - Sep 10 by felixstowe_jack

There is no English nationalist party never has been . Just both the main Three UK parties Conservatives, labour and Liberals believe in United Kingdom just like the majority of the UK population

Not sure Welsh Nationalism is moden. It is certainly not inclusive as it seeks to divide the Welsh population.

Not sure what this has to do with Welsh Tourism though.

Its the Tory party.
Its a secret though.

Chis Patton, the former Conservative party chairman and current Tory peer, said in 2022 ….

“What I should say,” he said, “is that we don’t have a Conservative government at all, but an English nationalist party which is populist, but – fatally – without being popular.”

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Welsh Tourism on 17:25 - Sep 11 with 587 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 14:40 - Sep 11 by Kilkennyjack

Its the Tory party.
Its a secret though.

Chis Patton, the former Conservative party chairman and current Tory peer, said in 2022 ….

“What I should say,” he said, “is that we don’t have a Conservative government at all, but an English nationalist party which is populist, but – fatally – without being popular.”

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Patten.

Who cares. politicians say and do stupid things, Ken Livingstone said Hitler was a Zionist and Jeremy Corbyn...

It's pretty much nailed on that a stupid tory will say something stupid.
Welsh Tourism on 17:39 - Sep 11 with 585 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 17:25 - Sep 11 by SullutaCreturned

Patten.

Who cares. politicians say and do stupid things, Ken Livingstone said Hitler was a Zionist and Jeremy Corbyn...

It's pretty much nailed on that a stupid tory will say something stupid.

He was the former Chairman of the Conservative and Unionist party.
He ain’t just some bloke down the pub.

Lord Patten is a Tory grandee and the last Governor of Hong Kong.

When he says that Johnsons isolationist anti-immigrant Brexit loving version of the Tory party is now the English Nationalist Party then you/we should listen.
It already has very little support in our Celtic nations relative to England.

Farage would be proud of you, denying the bleedin obvious until the very end. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024