Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Tourism 10:58 - Jul 17 with 47450 viewsDr_Winston

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jul/16/huge-market-untapped-lack-of-vis

Already on its knees in recent years thanks to the Welsh Govts unnecessarily heavy Covid restrictions, refusal to deal with M4 congestion and seeming intention to actually make getting around in Wales even harder. To top that off we've still got the mooted tourist tax to come.

Is there anything in this country that they can't screw up?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Tourism on 22:37 - Sep 7 with 882 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 17:55 - Sep 7 by felixstowe_jack

Well as Ireland did not exist as a county in WWI they could not have fought in it.

Is is true that many British people living on the Ireland of Ireland did enlist in their army (British army)

Can we now stick to the subject of Welsh Tourism.

Thats why i said Irish and not Ireland.

Please try harder to keep up.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Tourism on 22:46 - Sep 7 with 872 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 17:50 - Sep 7 by felixstowe_jack

Not Irish potato famine. Now you have lost touch with reality and history.
The majority of rural Ireland was dependent on a single non native crop which was hit by potato blight which easily spreads in damp conditions.

The UK government imported corn meal into Ireland to help but the Irish for some reason decided it was good enough for them.

The causes of the Irish famine are pretty clear.
A rapid rise in population to such a level that Ireland could not feed itself with reliance on one single crop.

Potato blight which wiped out this crop.

The population of Ireland has still not recovered to prefamine levels despite over 100 years of independence. .

Can we now stick to the subject of Welsh Tourism.

The British government allowed 1 million of its citizens to starve to death.
Another 1 million fled, many in coffin ships to the new world.

Its genocide.
Its unforgivable.
Its cruel and there are no fancy words that can undo it.

The people’s struggle for an Irish Republic was a certainty from that point in time.
Funnily enough cruelty is well remembered.

Except the BBC and UK state schools still try to hide the truth.
Some people on this site dont want it to be true, but it is true.

Welsh Tourism on 22:59 - Sep 7 with 866 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I had an interesting conversation with a couple from Stafford whist walking near Verdi's today, they stopped to have a chat with my granddaughter who was singing as she often does, they mentioned the traffic in Mumbles and the conversation got around to the 20mph limit.
They were not aware of the blanket imposition of 20MPH and thanked me because they said I might of saved them a ticket as they were in Wales for three weeks.How many visitors is this going to catch out?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Welsh Tourism on 23:11 - Sep 7 with 861 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 20:47 - Sep 7 by Togg

Okay will try to stick to the subject but will slightly go off on my tandem As someone who works for himself small business and travels to various parts of Wales and Saesland. How will I stand if I decide to book a hotel in Aberystwyth when the tourist tax comes in. Will I need to pay, I believe I will. For the Accountants can I off set this against any profit?
Now I'm against the tourist tax because we are all taxed on absolutely everything. Another tax for the tourist industry business is more form filling and accounting and work along with various others such as VAT etc. I went to Menorca four years ago and paid the separate tourist tax, which the local business saw as a burden. It's an annoying contribution as we contributed to the local economy through eating out drinking accommodation etc I think that's more than ample. As lovely as Menorca is, my holiday money will be spent in Southern Spain where they appreciate the British pound.

Tourist tax in many places Toggy but they are in foreign lands, ie sovereign lands
Wales is just a part of the UK and is not
The Indys simply want to discourage outsiders seeing it as protecting local culture whatever the hell that may be
Outright hatred and let's call it what it is

It is embarrassing and nothing to be proud of

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh Tourism on 00:03 - Sep 8 with 837 viewsmajorraglan

Welsh Tourism on 23:11 - Sep 7 by onehunglow

Tourist tax in many places Toggy but they are in foreign lands, ie sovereign lands
The Indys simply want to discourage outsiders seeing it as protecting local culture whatever the hell that may be

Manchester has a tourist tax, it was introduced in April this year. It’s £1 per room per night in city centre hotels or apartments. It’s hardly breaking the bank stuff.
Welsh Tourism on 06:35 - Sep 8 with 823 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 20:47 - Sep 7 by Togg

Okay will try to stick to the subject but will slightly go off on my tandem As someone who works for himself small business and travels to various parts of Wales and Saesland. How will I stand if I decide to book a hotel in Aberystwyth when the tourist tax comes in. Will I need to pay, I believe I will. For the Accountants can I off set this against any profit?
Now I'm against the tourist tax because we are all taxed on absolutely everything. Another tax for the tourist industry business is more form filling and accounting and work along with various others such as VAT etc. I went to Menorca four years ago and paid the separate tourist tax, which the local business saw as a burden. It's an annoying contribution as we contributed to the local economy through eating out drinking accommodation etc I think that's more than ample. As lovely as Menorca is, my holiday money will be spent in Southern Spain where they appreciate the British pound.

That's something I think is not being appreciated, it's not just tourist tax, there is tax on everything and anytourists will be paying their taxes on it all too.

Then there's the 20mph and the M4, people drivng here could be caught out very easily and it doesn't have to be a massive amount of money for people to start saying it's a rip off.j
Welsh Tourism on 07:24 - Sep 8 with 813 viewsbuilthjack

Welsh Tourism on 00:03 - Sep 8 by majorraglan

Manchester has a tourist tax, it was introduced in April this year. It’s £1 per room per night in city centre hotels or apartments. It’s hardly breaking the bank stuff.

Liverpool, Edinburgh, Birmingham and London will be next.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh Tourism on 07:49 - Sep 8 with 797 viewsTogg

It will soon increase.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Tourism on 10:27 - Sep 8 with 778 viewsfelixstowe_jack

We already pay a tourism tax on hotels and holiday accommodation in the UK. It is 20% and is call VAT.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Tourism on 10:55 - Sep 8 with 773 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 10:27 - Sep 8 by felixstowe_jack

We already pay a tourism tax on hotels and holiday accommodation in the UK. It is 20% and is call VAT.

I have no issues paying a tourist tax abroad because in the main it is used to fund infrastructure and services in the tourist areas. TBH I can't see the Senedd spending it the same way in Wales.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2023 10:55]
Welsh Tourism on 13:32 - Sep 8 with 714 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Tourism on 10:55 - Sep 8 by Whiterockin

I have no issues paying a tourist tax abroad because in the main it is used to fund infrastructure and services in the tourist areas. TBH I can't see the Senedd spending it the same way in Wales.

I wouldn't want to pay a tourist tax in the country i live in
Welsh Tourism on 13:49 - Sep 8 with 702 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 13:32 - Sep 8 by controversial_jack

I wouldn't want to pay a tourist tax in the country i live in

Irrespective of where you live, if you stay in holiday accommodation you are a tourist and classed as such by the locals.
Welsh Tourism on 15:53 - Sep 8 with 663 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 23:11 - Sep 7 by onehunglow

Wrong.

They will be really hacked off when the exemption for welsh speakers only is announced.

Thats only fair ….

Welsh Tourism on 15:54 - Sep 8 with 657 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 10:55 - Sep 8 by Whiterockin

Yes it will be.

Welsh Tourism on 15:55 - Sep 8 with 647 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done Manchester.

Welsh Tourism on 15:57 - Sep 8 with 633 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 06:35 - Sep 8 by SullutaCreturned

That's something I think is not being appreciated, it's not just tourist tax, there is tax on everything and anytourists will be paying their taxes on it all too.

Then there's the 20mph and the M4, people drivng here could be caught out very easily and it doesn't have to be a massive amount of money for people to start saying it's a rip off.j

Brenda and Keith buy their pop and crisps in the Spar in Stoke.
Only buy ice creams and coffee in Wales.
I am a bit surprised that you dont know this already.

Welsh Tourism on 15:58 - Sep 8 with 631 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 15:54 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

Yes it will be.

And there's me thinking infrastructure projects had been put on hold in Wales.
Welsh Tourism on 16:39 - Sep 8 with 602 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 15:53 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

Wrong.

They will be really hacked off when the exemption for welsh speakers only is announced.

Thats only fair ….

Oh you are a tryer.
Welsh Tourism on 16:45 - Sep 8 with 601 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 16:39 - Sep 8 by SullutaCreturned

Oh you are a tryer.

I’m lost

Welsh Tourism on 17:02 - Sep 8 with 599 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 16:45 - Sep 8 by onehunglow

I’m lost

He's trying to wind people up. When I say tryer maybe I mean trying?
Welsh Tourism on 18:38 - Sep 8 with 573 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 17:02 - Sep 8 by SullutaCreturned

He's trying to wind people up. When I say tryer maybe I mean trying?

I feel he s a wind up merchant so that’s ok with me,
Nobody feels as he does ,do they
Or do they

Bottom line, the tax is there to s few visitors, same with Manchester etc.
I’d have thought Wales ,being nirvana and a cultural paradise,would be above that .

It’s all about keeping them( English) out.
I felt like that until I was 16 though

Welsh Tourism on 18:39 - Sep 8 with 573 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh Tourism on 15:57 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

Brenda and Keith buy their pop and crisps in the Spar in Stoke.
Only buy ice creams and coffee in Wales.
I am a bit surprised that you dont know this already.

Tourist who stay in hotels and holiday cottages spend as much in restaurants, cafes, pubs, attractions and shops as they do on the basic accommodation. Even Brenda and Keith. It is the Welsh people with second homes that spend very little in the villages they stay in. Mind you Blodwyn and Kelwyn from Cardigan are infamous for being tight.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh Tourism on 18:58 - Sep 8 with 562 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 18:39 - Sep 8 by felixstowe_jack

Tourist who stay in hotels and holiday cottages spend as much in restaurants, cafes, pubs, attractions and shops as they do on the basic accommodation. Even Brenda and Keith. It is the Welsh people with second homes that spend very little in the villages they stay in. Mind you Blodwyn and Kelwyn from Cardigan are infamous for being tight.

The people with second homes spend money on local building maintenance materials.
Why would anyone see, to buy something from a shop with a sullen Gog sneering at them.
I’ve come across it myself so many times

Welsh Tourism on 19:32 - Sep 8 with 539 viewsBoundy

Welsh Tourism on 15:54 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

Yes it will be.

and you know how that to be true ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Tourism on 20:11 - Sep 8 with 524 viewsTogg

Welsh Tourism on 18:39 - Sep 8 by felixstowe_jack

Cardies... well known for watching the pennies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024