Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow 20:05 - Dec 5 with 12285 viewsBigKindo

How many spending a fiver to give the lads a big cheer following Saturday's result? Whilst not having the same mega bucks in prize money as the FA Cup the match winners take is £ 20000-00. It would be nice to add this to the £ 30000-00 earned from the group stage.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:42 - Dec 6 with 1990 viewsfitzochris

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:19 - Dec 6 by KenBoon

I see your point and the officiallydale account also tweets news and that bit should be straight, but in general when I see Football club's match reaction tweets then they do tend to be through the eyes of a fan. The Hyde United account being a half decent example of a club's account that had some character and therefore got trending.

TBH twitter is a bag of wink now. Football wise it has been killed by retweets of annoying click bait accounts, fake footballer account for clickbait, betting accounts... all retweeting each other. There is literally no escape. They're like rats.

NB, get your own material. Thank you and good night.

The official Twitter account does a good job with club news (in the main) and also promotes all the latest deals and events very well.

And there is nowt wrong with a bit of character to the account either. As you say, Hyde nailed it.

But increasing bias against decisions that go against us is a bit unbecoming. The manager can't do it in his post-match interviews, so the club's Twitter feed shouldn't either.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:49 - Dec 6 with 1952 viewssalty

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:49 - Dec 6 by Daleaholic

Not bothered in the slightest that we're out of this dreadful competition.
Henderson accommodated once again. Odelusi is useless. I fear for Donal's future.

Don't forget that Chesterfield are in desperate need of money, so they will essentially have been playing for their wages.

Jim got a second yellow for his red, does this affect his eligibility for the league?

I'm not happy at all about going out of this competition, I've enjoyed how we've progressed to this stage but thought we were appalling tonight.some players need to take a look at themselves as the teams that got us this far have been fringe players and kids, tonight was a so called stronger side which was nothing but a let down for me.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 23:02 - Dec 6 with 1892 viewsNinco

Although it is an awful competition, it would be nice to have something to celebrate at the end of the season and with the league title looking way out of the question, I would have liked to have seen them have a go at what should have been an easy game against bottom of the league opposition. Fair play to the club for only charging £5 to get in and it was nice to see a few people make the effort to go along and support them, but what I can't stand is when we make the effort to go along after a long hard day at work to see at least half a team who couldn't really be bothered whether they were in the side or not. If I wanted to watch the ball being booted down the pitch with no idea where it was going to land, I would go and watch the local pub team. The league table has proved that we are a better side than Chesterfield all season and we still managed to make them look better than us. If you aren't going to give 100% every game, there is no point in being in sport. It doesn't add any value to the club and doesn't provide any entertainment to the money paying fans.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 23:13 - Dec 6 with 1851 viewsAtThePeake

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:49 - Dec 6 by salty

I'm not happy at all about going out of this competition, I've enjoyed how we've progressed to this stage but thought we were appalling tonight.some players need to take a look at themselves as the teams that got us this far have been fringe players and kids, tonight was a so called stronger side which was nothing but a let down for me.

But that so called stronger side has us in 5th place in League One which is far more important and relevant than this pure tinpottery.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 23:26]

Tangled up in blue.

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 23:25 - Dec 6 with 1810 viewsNinco

I'd love to see how much money it cost them to play that tonight. I expect the cost of the lights, stewards etc was more than they took in gate money. Makes you wonder why the league would create something which does not seem able to attract a reasonable sized crowd.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 23:34 - Dec 6 with 1791 viewsdingdangblue

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:49 - Dec 6 by salty

Tonight I feel exactly the same as when we were still in the EFL trophy. Nothing.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 23:58 - Dec 6 with 1732 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Don't forget we play this lot again in 20 days time.......
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 00:07 - Dec 7 with 1718 viewssalty

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 23:13 - Dec 6 by AtThePeake

But that so called stronger side has us in 5th place in League One which is far more important and relevant than this pure tinpottery.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 23:26]

The squad has got us 5th in the league, a collection of different teams throughout the season so far, if I give an effort to turn up pay and watch so support I expect the 11 on the pitch to do their best whatever the game and that tonight was awful to put it politely.
Login to get fewer ads

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 00:46 - Dec 7 with 1662 viewsDaley_Lama

For any reading Spirites, no idea how you lot lost 5-0 at the weekend as your eleven looked ok v our eleven.

Our eleven had changes but no kids put in (ignore Morely) and players coming in all have played a good few league games this year.

Good luck in the next round.

Poll: DF in or out

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 01:54 - Dec 7 with 1612 viewsmacro

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 00:07 - Dec 7 by salty

The squad has got us 5th in the league, a collection of different teams throughout the season so far, if I give an effort to turn up pay and watch so support I expect the 11 on the pitch to do their best whatever the game and that tonight was awful to put it politely.

Looking through your sporadic posts you never have anything positive to say.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 02:12 - Dec 7 with 1604 viewsJimmyRustler

Honest assessment:

They weren't much better than us but took their chances. Evans took his goal well but disappointingly, I feel Logan could have tried harder to stop the attempt.

Bunney had his worst game in a long time.

Odelusi was shocking and his time is numbered.

Henderson did better at RB than in an advanced role and that tells you all you need to know.

Allen was our best player and only came on half way through.

Morley has something but it's important not to expect too much - looked overawed tonight.

Scunny will have a field day going up against McGahey and Canavan if they play like they did tonight. Rafferty looked a big miss and I'm not even his biggest fan.

Positive - We can't play any worse than that Saturday.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 05:44 - Dec 7 with 1560 viewsColDale

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 02:12 - Dec 7 by JimmyRustler

Honest assessment:

They weren't much better than us but took their chances. Evans took his goal well but disappointingly, I feel Logan could have tried harder to stop the attempt.

Henderson did better at RB than in an advanced role and that tells you all you need to know.

Morley has something but it's important not to expect too much - looked overawed tonight.

Scunny will have a field day going up against McGahey and Canavan if they play like they did tonight. Rafferty looked a big miss and I'm not even his biggest fan.

Thought Bunney was head and shoulders above any other Dale player last night
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 06:31 - Dec 7 with 1525 viewsdeeplishblue

I thought we played OK. Made lots of chances, had 2 cleared off the line, their keeper made some fine saves. Can't see where the negativity is coming from. I wouldn't expect Sammy or RNL to figure on Saturday and we will be stronger for that.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 07:13 - Dec 7 with 1465 viewsTVOS1907

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 02:12 - Dec 7 by JimmyRustler

Honest assessment:

I would expect the defence that finished at Carlisle to start v Scunthorpe - Rafferty, Keane, McNulty (suspension doesn't carry forward to the league) and Bunney.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 07:22 - Dec 7 with 1447 viewsroccydaleian

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 05:44 - Dec 7 by ColDale

I agree. With JB being on good form though JR has been quiet, and looks like he couldn't hold back anymore.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 07:27 - Dec 7 with 1436 viewsDaleFan7

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 05:44 - Dec 7 by ColDale

He might have been but that really wasn't difficult last night.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 07:28 - Dec 7 with 1434 viewsaleanddale

Bunney Dales best player for me last night.. Turning into a fine footballer.

Ched Evans ran the show for them.

I fancy us to get our win against them on Boxing Day, nothing between the two sides really apart from 2 well taken goals combined with poor marking / defending.

Free header un opposed for the spireites first... Was Evans offside? Hard to tell from the half way line would like to see again.

Jim you can't do that when your on a yellow. Killed the game off for 10 minutes until they also had one sent off.

Bigger fish to fry now as we get ready for scunthorpe and Northampton pre Christmas.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 08:08 - Dec 7 with 1381 views1907

We didn't play as bad as what is being made out by some. In dribs and drabs we knocked it about quite well and created a lot of chances, it was just one of those nights. Chesterfield barely created anything, the first goal was terrible defending and the second looked offside. A lot of 50/50 decisions that went Chesterfield's way last night could quite easily have gone ours and we would have all been sat here now quite comfortable victors.

However RNL and Odelusi have had too many chances now. I can tolerate lack of ability, I can't tolerate lack of effort. Allen was absolutely brilliant when he came on and could be a phenomenal player for us in an attacking role if it's decided Camps will now sit deep. Mcgahey at RB was something I never want to see again as is Mcgahey and Canavan at CB. Really hoping Keane & Mcnulty are available for Saturday. Bunney had a good game last night, it was just unfortunate he was sending crosses into an empty box all night.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 08:17 - Dec 7 with 1361 viewsbazingadale

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 07:22 - Dec 7 by roccydaleian

I agree. With JB being on good form though JR has been quiet, and looks like he couldn't hold back anymore.

Yes JR how dare you slate a player or state your opinion on here that might challenge what the clique thinks
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 08:35 - Dec 7 with 1328 viewsTVOS1907

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 08:17 - Dec 7 by bazingadale

Yes JR how dare you slate a player or state your opinion on here that might challenge what the clique thinks

Why, when people have differing opinions, are they accused of being in a clique?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 08:51 - Dec 7 with 1305 viewsJimmyRustler

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 07:22 - Dec 7 by roccydaleian

Actually, I've been very complimentary of Bunney recently and quite clearly stated in my previous post that he's been on good form recently but you know...don't let the facts get in the way of a good story or anything like that.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 08:53 - Dec 7 with 1299 viewsbazingadale

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 08:35 - Dec 7 by TVOS1907

Why, when people have differing opinions, are they accused of being in a clique?

I've said it before TVOS. Some posters stick together and shoot others down for not sharing the same opinion as them, it's quite sad really.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 09:18 - Dec 7 with 1263 viewsDale27

I thought Bunney tried his nuts off last night, more than anyone else which I commend him for - however I thought he had quite a poor game application wise
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 10:43 - Dec 7 with 1146 viewsaleanddale

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 08:53 - Dec 7 by bazingadale

I've said it before TVOS. Some posters stick together and shoot others down for not sharing the same opinion as them, it's quite sad really.

#ironic

Bazinga and JR sticking together and shooting others down for not sharing the same opinion as them!

It's quite sad really.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 10:46 - Dec 7 with 1141 viewsJimmyRustler

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 10:43 - Dec 7 by aleanddale

#ironic

Bazinga and JR sticking together and shooting others down for not sharing the same opinion as them!

It's quite sad really.

Could you please point out where I've shot someone down? Thanks. Oh, and don't associate me with that moron BazingaDale. It isn't my fault that he's decided to stick his nose in because of some personal beef he has.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024