Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow 20:05 - Dec 5 with 12286 viewsBigKindo

How many spending a fiver to give the lads a big cheer following Saturday's result? Whilst not having the same mega bucks in prize money as the FA Cup the match winners take is £ 20000-00. It would be nice to add this to the £ 30000-00 earned from the group stage.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:07 - Dec 6 with 2297 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:05 - Dec 6 by nordenblue

The updates on twitter sounded confused what his yellow card was for so doesn't sound too clear cut....but then I'm not at the game

Mr Salisbury doing a good job.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:12 - Dec 6 with 2261 viewsDaleFan7

Henderson might as well have stayed at home. Only noticed him when someone said he was playing. Barely touched the ball.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:17 - Dec 6 with 2217 viewsdingdangblue

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:05 - Dec 6 by nordenblue

The updates on twitter sounded confused what his yellow card was for so doesn't sound too clear cut....but then I'm not at the game

The updates on Twitter are getting embarrassing, making snide comments during the match updates, Evans looked offside, Jim did nothing, fouls against Dale not given - getting worse than a bury match report.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:25 - Dec 6 with 2115 viewsfitzochris

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:17 - Dec 6 by dingdangblue

The updates on Twitter are getting embarrassing, making snide comments during the match updates, Evans looked offside, Jim did nothing, fouls against Dale not given - getting worse than a bury match report.

It hasn't gone unnoticed.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:31 - Dec 6 with 2048 viewsisitme

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:25 - Dec 6 by fitzochris

It hasn't gone unnoticed.

Evans did look offside and Allen appeared to be bought down when he was clean through but nothing given.

Bit of a strange game. We had lots of play and a few decent chances which we didn't take. They had a free header from a corner and the Evans goal which was about it. It gave some fringe players a run out and Allen got some decent game time.

Lund and Bunney played okay and Morley showed some good touches. I agree that Henderson looks a shadow of the player he was two seasons ago.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:46 - Dec 6 with 1928 viewsKenBoon

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:17 - Dec 6 by dingdangblue

It's a social media account, not the news. It's there to engage other people. If it wants to report on moments like the fans around it then it should. Be embarrassed about things like the club's defence of Calvin. The social media accounts are just that, they're social.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:46 - Dec 6 with 1921 viewsSuddenLad

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow (n/t) on 21:06 - Dec 6 by DaleFan7

[Post edited 7 Dec 2016 7:47]

Think it was 2 yellows. First was a late challenge, second was for some argy-bargy with Ched Evans who got a yellow.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:48 - Dec 6 with 1895 viewsDaley_Lama

Didn't see the Jim Mc incodent so can't comment other than both got yellows.

We were not great up front first half to say the least.'

Goal looked a mile offside but that was looking at tge nearest 3, possibly Hendo playing him onside?

Allen looked sharp as a tack when he came on, Donal not quite as much although the skill was there to see with a great run near the end.

Congrats to Chesterfield, defended excellently when they beeded to which sadly was not as often as i liked.

Ref was an interventionist type.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:49 - Dec 6 with 1884 viewsDaleaholic

Not bothered in the slightest that we're out of this dreadful competition.
Henderson accommodated once again. Odelusi is useless. I fear for Donal's future.

Don't forget that Chesterfield are in desperate need of money, so they will essentially have been playing for their wages.

Jim got a second yellow for his red, does this affect his eligibility for the league?

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:50 - Dec 6 with 1862 views442Dale

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:07 - Dec 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Mr Salisbury doing a good job.

He did a wonderful job.

Set down a marker for kit clashes.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:53 - Dec 6 with 1840 viewsSuddenLad

Puzzled by NML. When he was subbed, he left the field, made no eye contact or comment to anyone, went straight down the tunnel and wasn't seen again.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:53 - Dec 6 with 1839 viewsfitzochris

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:46 - Dec 6 by KenBoon

It's a social media account, not the news. It's there to engage other people. If it wants to report on moments like the fans around it then it should. Be embarrassed about things like the club's defence of Calvin. The social media accounts are just that, they're social.

Hmmm, sorry Ken, I have to disagree there. Many businesses use social media accounts as news feeds now. If I tweeted socially from my business's Twitter account I'd be out on my ear.

It seems that the social element of social media is a bit of a misnomer. It's the reason a lot of personal accounts stipulate "views are my own, not those of my employer" etc etc

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:01 - Dec 6 with 1773 viewsnordenblue

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:46 - Dec 6 by KenBoon

Vintage.....
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:03 - Dec 6 with 1745 viewsTVOS1907

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow (n/t) on 21:06 - Dec 6 by DaleFan7

[Post edited 7 Dec 2016 7:47]

No it wasn't.

He got booked in the first half for scything down their winger.

Him and Evans then both got yellow cards at the start of the second half for something spotted by the linesman. In McNulty's case, it was his second yellow.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:06 - Dec 6 with 1712 viewsTVOS1907

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:31 - Dec 6 by isitme

Evans did look offside and Allen appeared to be bought down when he was clean through but nothing given.

Bit of a strange game. We had lots of play and a few decent chances which we didn't take. They had a free header from a corner and the Evans goal which was about it. It gave some fringe players a run out and Allen got some decent game time.

Lund and Bunney played okay and Morley showed some good touches. I agree that Henderson looks a shadow of the player he was two seasons ago.

The tackle on Allen was perfect; it had to be or the defender would have been off.

Impossible to judge the Evans' goal unless you're sat in line with it.

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:07 - Dec 6 with 1597 viewsDaley_Lama

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:03 - Dec 6 by TVOS1907

No it wasn't.

He got booked in the first half for scything down their winger.

Him and Evans then both got yellow cards at the start of the second half for something spotted by the linesman. In McNulty's case, it was his second yellow.

Spot on.

Also, Their lad didn't get a straight red for taking Jamie Allen out last man because he, erm, performed a really good last ditch tackle

Poll: DF in or out

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:08 - Dec 6 with 1588 viewsTVOS1907

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:49 - Dec 6 by Daleaholic

Not bothered in the slightest that we're out of this dreadful competition.
Henderson accommodated once again. Odelusi is useless. I fear for Donal's future.

Don't forget that Chesterfield are in desperate need of money, so they will essentially have been playing for their wages.

Jim got a second yellow for his red, does this affect his eligibility for the league?

Not 100% sure, but I don't think so.

Someone will drag up the rules and regs to confirm or deny!

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:10 - Dec 6 with 1566 views442Dale

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:07 - Dec 6 by Daley_Lama

Spot on.

Also, Their lad didn't get a straight red for taking Jamie Allen out last man because he, erm, performed a really good last ditch tackle

Aye. The wails of anguish in the stand (and on Twitter) were quite amusing. Never a foul and people should always judge the referee on his decisions without worrying about their own team.

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:13 - Dec 6 with 1527 views442Dale

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:08 - Dec 6 by TVOS1907

Not 100% sure, but I don't think so.

Someone will drag up the rules and regs to confirm or deny!

If bans are exclusive to this tinpottery, a straight red that would get three matches could end up with a player not playing until 2020 in the tournament ( should they go back to a straight knockout again.)

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:16 - Dec 6 with 1481 viewsTVOS1907

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:13 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

If bans are exclusive to this tinpottery, a straight red that would get three matches could end up with a player not playing until 2020 in the tournament ( should they go back to a straight knockout again.)

Unless they start again each season.

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:19 - Dec 6 with 1448 viewsKenBoon

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 21:53 - Dec 6 by fitzochris

Hmmm, sorry Ken, I have to disagree there. Many businesses use social media accounts as news feeds now. If I tweeted socially from my business's Twitter account I'd be out on my ear.

It seems that the social element of social media is a bit of a misnomer. It's the reason a lot of personal accounts stipulate "views are my own, not those of my employer" etc etc

I see your point and the officiallydale account also tweets news and that bit should be straight, but in general when I see Football club's match reaction tweets then they do tend to be through the eyes of a fan. The Hyde United account being a half decent example of a club's account that had some character and therefore got trending.

TBH twitter is a bag of wink now. Football wise it has been killed by retweets of annoying click bait accounts, fake footballer account for clickbait, betting accounts... all retweeting each other. There is literally no escape. They're like rats.

NB, get your own material. Thank you and good night.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:21 - Dec 6 with 1420 views442Dale

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:16 - Dec 6 by TVOS1907

Unless they start again each season.

I hope not, it'd be funnier my way.

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:24 - Dec 6 with 1406 viewsrod_leach

Thought the reaction to the ref was approaching hysterical tonight. The bloke next to me was a bit scary, jumping up and screaming at him every two minutes. Personally I don't think he got much wrong. We lost because we didn't hit the back of the net. £5 in, checkatrade trophy, don't really care. Great to see Jamie back. Onwards and upwards.
Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:26 - Dec 6 with 1389 views442Dale

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:24 - Dec 6 by rod_leach

Thought the reaction to the ref was approaching hysterical tonight. The bloke next to me was a bit scary, jumping up and screaming at him every two minutes. Personally I don't think he got much wrong. We lost because we didn't hit the back of the net. £5 in, checkatrade trophy, don't really care. Great to see Jamie back. Onwards and upwards.

For those not there, that's a decent review of the evening.

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:31 - Dec 6 with 1358 viewsToffeemanc

Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow on 22:13 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

Given attendances up and down the country in this competition and the negative reaction to the academy teams I'd be surprised if the competition even exists next season.
Certainly won't miss it myself. Didn't attend the Sunderland game because I don't believe the academy sides should have been included. And whilst I appreciate the clubs reasons for only opening the main stand it is an awful experience watching a low key match from what is like a cross between a library and gods waiting room.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024