Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next England Manager 09:44 - Jul 15 with 12552 viewswombat

not much choice out there for an englsih manager to come in.

Eddie Howe
gary oneil

cant think of anyone else

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Next England Manager on 09:46 - Jul 15 with 4242 viewsMaggsinho

Graham Potter I reckon
Next England Manager on 09:48 - Jul 15 with 4214 viewsSydneyRs

Potter apparently favourite but would he cope with the scrutiny after how things went at Chelsea?

Personally would love Klopp but won't happen.
Next England Manager on 09:49 - Jul 15 with 4184 viewspaulparker

Go and get the Spanish coach , a manger who went for it every game who wasn’t scared who played with pace and width something we should have been doing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Next England Manager on 09:50 - Jul 15 with 4184 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Give it to one of the lads on here.
Next England Manager on 09:52 - Jul 15 with 4125 viewsaston_hoop

I'd prefer Potter. But when it ends up being Frank Lampard, even the most ardent Southgate Out supporter will regret him leaving.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Next England Manager on 09:59 - Jul 15 with 4052 viewsrbee

I think it's more of a question of who would want the England job?

Long gone are the days when this was the dream job for any English manager, the likes of Don Revie leaving a club at the top of the First Division.

I thought Eddie Howe ruled himself out a long time ago?
Next England Manager on 10:01 - Jul 15 with 4041 viewsPlanetHonneywood

This Barrywhomresidesintheloft, the cacophony of noise on here and everywhere else,is frequently saying the same thing.

I think he's done a great job, given it was a mess when he took over. However, he ought to have gone after Qatar. He's given us a great run, got us close, but when it comes down to the business end, he comes up short. For me, ive said for ages: he really would be more suited to be running the FA, and go with our thanks.

As for who next: I'm just not au fait enough these days. Pep sounds like he's in his last year at City, would you sound him out? But who ever it is, they need to have skin as thick as a rhino given the media mauling that can be expected, and have a bit of boldness so that we do give it a go.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Next England Manager on 10:03 - Jul 15 with 4020 viewsTheChef

Probably Lee Carsley.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Next England Manager on 10:03 - Jul 15 with 4017 viewsPdog

Next England Manager on 09:49 - Jul 15 by paulparker

Go and get the Spanish coach , a manger who went for it every game who wasn’t scared who played with pace and width something we should have been doing

A manager with that positive mentality yes, of the English candidates out there possibly only Howe fits this this whilst also having a decent level of experience, nobody else jumping out.

Having a Klopp, Mourinho, Tuchel etc. would just feel weird for some reason, like we're trying to buy our way out. Likewise why would they even want it, when they're most likely in line for their own country national team job.

As for De La Fuente i would say he has zero interest in managing England, and why should he.
Next England Manager on 10:17 - Jul 15 with 3906 viewsstevec

Has Klop got another job, I’m out of touch with the big leagues.

He’d be good with this set of forwards.
Next England Manager on 10:24 - Jul 15 with 3901 viewsdaveB

Next England Manager on 10:17 - Jul 15 by stevec

Has Klop got another job, I’m out of touch with the big leagues.

He’d be good with this set of forwards.

He likes to lose a final as well, he'd fit right in :-)
Next England Manager on 10:27 - Jul 15 with 3887 viewssaxbend

Wayne Rooney
Next England Manager on 10:47 - Jul 15 with 3784 viewsstevec

Next England Manager on 10:24 - Jul 15 by daveB

He likes to lose a final as well, he'd fit right in :-)

Yeah but at least we’d go down playing some nice football!

I’ve never been less engaged watching England than this tournament. In all the years watching QPR the only time we abandoned ship was during the JFH tenure, the most horrible football I’d ever witnessed at LR. Him and Southgate combo are borderline unwatchable.
Next England Manager on 11:03 - Jul 15 with 3717 viewsdaveB

Next England Manager on 10:47 - Jul 15 by stevec

I’ve never been less engaged watching England than this tournament. In all the years watching QPR the only time we abandoned ship was during the JFH tenure, the most horrible football I’d ever witnessed at LR. Him and Southgate combo are borderline unwatchable.

each to their own, last 4 tournaments have give me some great moments supporting this team, best it's been in my lifetime
Next England Manager on 11:49 - Jul 15 with 3586 viewsJuzzie

Next England Manager on 09:59 - Jul 15 by rbee

I think it's more of a question of who would want the England job?

Long gone are the days when this was the dream job for any English manager, the likes of Don Revie leaving a club at the top of the First Division.

I thought Eddie Howe ruled himself out a long time ago?

"I think it's more of a question of who would want the England job?"

£5m a year and probably a 2 1/2 - 3 year contract so guaranteed to pocket £12.5 - £15m..... not going to be short of takers.
Next England Manager on 11:53 - Jul 15 with 3548 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Next England Manager on 10:47 - Jul 15 by stevec

You're seriously telling us you enjoyed 2000, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 more than getting to the final in 2024? Not to mention that England team that were out-qualified by Russia and Croatia in 2008.

I appreciate this tournament has been far from fun but to be less engaged than in tournaments we were out-classed, out-worked and one we didn't even compete in is ludicrous.
Next England Manager on 12:41 - Jul 15 with 3373 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next England Manager on 11:49 - Jul 15 by Juzzie

"I think it's more of a question of who would want the England job?"

£5m a year and probably a 2 1/2 - 3 year contract so guaranteed to pocket £12.5 - £15m..... not going to be short of takers.

Exactly. Most managers would crawl over broken pints of wine for the job.
Fantastic job, well paid, good hours, and a fabulous squad to work with.
Who wouldn't want it is a better question.

Bare bones.

Next England Manager on 12:47 - Jul 15 with 3344 viewsE17hoop

Next England Manager on 11:03 - Jul 15 by daveB

each to their own, last 4 tournaments have give me some great moments supporting this team, best it's been in my lifetime

Exactly this.

JnrJnr is 24 and the last 7/8 years watching England have been the most successful he's ever known.

I'm 55 and the last 7/8 years watching England have been the most successful I'VE ever known.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Next England Manager on 12:48 - Jul 15 with 3344 viewsqueensparker

It's also basically a part-time job.

Nothing like the daily long hours and stress of being a club manager.

I'd imagine there are loads of people that will want it. Whether the fans will agree with the longlist is another matter.
Next England Manager on 12:50 - Jul 15 with 3325 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Next England Manager on 12:41 - Jul 15 by Antti_Heinola

Exactly. Most managers would crawl over broken pints of wine for the job.
Fantastic job, well paid, good hours, and a fabulous squad to work with.
Who wouldn't want it is a better question.

10/10 for the metaphor
Next England Manager on 13:05 - Jul 15 with 3263 viewsPdog

Of course loads of managers would want it, however how many TOP managers would want it that would actually be a good fit. I think we sometimes overhype the draw of the England job for foreign managers, the top guys already earn those £££ mentioned so i doubt that's a deciding factor.

Ancelloti, Pep, Klopp, Tuchel (all of whom have never managed their own national team therefore i assume their own country would take priority), i doubt would be that interested. Realistically its only Howe or Potter from the Englishmen, unless we go full on development mode and promote from U21 which is too risky as we have a team that's ready for success now.
Next England Manager on 13:28 - Jul 15 with 3167 viewskernowhoop

When I was a lad, I received 'Soccer Coaching' by Walter Winterbottom as a Christmas present. He sounded good. Is he still around?
Next England Manager on 13:31 - Jul 15 with 3135 viewsJuzzie

Next England Manager on 13:05 - Jul 15 by Pdog

Of course loads of managers would want it, however how many TOP managers would want it that would actually be a good fit. I think we sometimes overhype the draw of the England job for foreign managers, the top guys already earn those £££ mentioned so i doubt that's a deciding factor.

Ancelloti, Pep, Klopp, Tuchel (all of whom have never managed their own national team therefore i assume their own country would take priority), i doubt would be that interested. Realistically its only Howe or Potter from the Englishmen, unless we go full on development mode and promote from U21 which is too risky as we have a team that's ready for success now.

"...unless we go full on development mode and promote from U21 which is too risky....". Southgate was promoted from the U21 Manager to the first team Manager so doing it again is plausible.
Next England Manager on 13:32 - Jul 15 with 3120 viewsNed_Kennedys

Bielsa would be an interesting consideration.
Next England Manager on 13:33 - Jul 15 with 3124 viewsTheChef

Next England Manager on 13:28 - Jul 15 by kernowhoop

When I was a lad, I received 'Soccer Coaching' by Walter Winterbottom as a Christmas present. He sounded good. Is he still around?

How old are you?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024