Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next England Manager 09:44 - Jul 15 with 14869 viewswombat

not much choice out there for an englsih manager to come in.

Eddie Howe
gary oneil

cant think of anyone else

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Next England Manager on 10:31 - Jul 16 with 2760 viewsPunteR

I think its embarrassing if we have Pep as England manager. Or Klopp.
English manager please. We've done foreign managers and it's been pretty dreadful.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Next England Manager on 11:01 - Jul 16 with 2683 viewsaston_hoop

He's gone

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Next England Manager on 11:07 - Jul 16 with 2660 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Next England Manager on 11:01 - Jul 16 by aston_hoop

He's gone

Those comments.

We are a nation of beasts.
Next England Manager on 11:26 - Jul 16 with 2604 viewsWatford_Ranger

Next England Manager on 10:31 - Jul 16 by PunteR

I think its embarrassing if we have Pep as England manager. Or Klopp.
English manager please. We've done foreign managers and it's been pretty dreadful.

We’ve had English managers before who didn’t work either. I doubt Klopp would fancy it but there’s a good argument for him being the top target. Not exactly a clear English option at the moment.
Next England Manager on 11:36 - Jul 16 with 2563 viewsNorthernr

If anybody fancies a punt/cnt

Next England Manager on 11:43 - Jul 16 with 2501 viewsJeff

Next England Manager on 11:26 - Jul 16 by Watford_Ranger

We’ve had English managers before who didn’t work either. I doubt Klopp would fancy it but there’s a good argument for him being the top target. Not exactly a clear English option at the moment.

The manage of the English National Football team has to be English.

It's one of the few footballing hills i'm willing to die on. The whole point of international football is that it's the best of us vs the best of you, the moment we start hiring Pep/Klopp/Mourinho, it loses it's partisanship, which is the whole point.

if the best English manager is Eddie Howe / Graham Potter / Sam Allardyce, then that's who we have to appoint...

Can we not knock it?

Next England Manager on 11:52 - Jul 16 with 2454 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Southgate can hold his head up with pride. Has done more in eight years than the previous managers managed in nearly 50 years.
Next England Manager on 12:11 - Jul 16 with 2352 viewsstantheman10

Next England Manager on 14:22 - Jul 15 by SimonJames

Pep is on £20 millon per year. Why would he take a £5 million job (even if it is part time), that wasn't his own country?

Pep is from Catalan so probably no chance the Spanish FA would offer him their job when it comes up!
Login to get fewer ads

Next England Manager on 12:40 - Jul 16 with 2235 viewsrbee

Next England Manager on 11:52 - Jul 16 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Southgate can hold his head up with pride. Has done more in eight years than the previous managers managed in nearly 50 years.

No arguing with this.

I still don't believe that an Elite manager would be interested in the England job. If Pep was asked I can only envisage a Muttley reaction.

Having said that I hope that they do sound Klopp out. I could be wrong but I think Klopp is done with managing an Elite football club as it is really a 24/7/365 job. An International job might suit him in the future but I believe he needs more time off before making his next move. The FA did say today that ''we have an interim solution in place if it is needed''

You then start looking at the next level down and the BBC are reporting that Pochettino is interested and is of course free.

Graham Potter, Eddie Howe, personally I think Gary O'Neill is a great shout but these managers have to factor in how an unsuccesful period as the England manager will affect their careers in the future.
Next England Manager on 13:10 - Jul 16 with 2113 viewsPunteR

Next England Manager on 11:43 - Jul 16 by Jeff

It's one of the few footballing hills i'm willing to die on. The whole point of international football is that it's the best of us vs the best of you, the moment we start hiring Pep/Klopp/Mourinho, it loses it's partisanship, which is the whole point.

if the best English manager is Eddie Howe / Graham Potter / Sam Allardyce, then that's who we have to appoint...

Yep, this.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Next England Manager on 13:30 - Jul 16 with 2048 viewseastside_r

Yeah, Big Sam still available. 100% win record in his previous stint.

Now where's my pint of wine?
Next England Manager on 13:56 - Jul 16 with 1956 viewsdaveB

I said to Sharon...........
Next England Manager on 13:56 - Jul 16 with 1956 viewselnombre

Next England Manager on 13:30 - Jul 16 by eastside_r

Yeah, Big Sam still available. 100% win record in his previous stint.

Now where's my pint of wine?

Exactly, it is this sort of thinking, coupled with doggedly picking only English players, that has held England back all this time...

Joking of course, but the serious point is, for example, how many English managers have won the Premier League? How many English Premier League managers even are there (is it 3?).

I can't say I'm keen on ECB cricket-style three-overs-at-Arundel to qualify, then can you open for us at the Gabba, but the FA must know that the current system isn't going to throw up another Venables by magic, it has barely churned out a Sean Dyche.
Next England Manager on 14:12 - Jul 16 with 1895 viewsBexleyHoop

I think Southgate has put great foundations in place and brought us some of the best moments with the England team in my lifetime (54 years).

Spain promoted their manager through the ranks and I think that is the way we should go. So go with Carsley, get a great tactician in to support him.

I do not want to see Lumpard, Gerrard or Racist John anywhere near the England managers job
Next England Manager on 14:26 - Jul 16 with 1845 viewsBAWHoops

Next England Manager on 11:36 - Jul 16 by Northernr

If anybody fancies a punt/cnt

Funny thing is, if he'd seen out a season at QPR and then left to do an adequate job anywhere at a slightly higher level he would be very close to it.
Even if he'd left QPR with any sort of class and managed Rangers with some level of humility he'd have a shot

Instead the idiot torched his reputation.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Next England Manager on 14:57 - Jul 16 with 1735 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Next England Manager on 14:12 - Jul 16 by BexleyHoop

I think Southgate has put great foundations in place and brought us some of the best moments with the England team in my lifetime (54 years).

Spain promoted their manager through the ranks and I think that is the way we should go. So go with Carsley, get a great tactician in to support him.

I do not want to see Lumpard, Gerrard or Racist John anywhere near the England managers job

I don't know much about Carsley to know whether he would be suited to the job and if the players would respond to him - which they largely did with GS.

However, two things: firstly, I don't trust the FA to make appointing a 'yes' man as their first and most important criterion over anything else.

That said, he may well be a good bet, but your comment about having a good tactician is spot on. I always thought the balding chap sat next to GS on the bench always looked like he wanted to fart but feared following through, and as for JFH, wouldn't let the bloke near a football team. I wonder if them two were the ideal chaps to be assisting GS?

A job like this, having a brilliant number two - as opposed to a bloke who likes he wants to have one - can make all the difference.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Next England Manager on 15:17 - Jul 16 with 1678 viewsKeithW

Euro 2022 Champions..... England.
That's engraved on the trophy, and that's what the record books will show.

Sarina wont get a mention
Next England Manager on 15:48 - Jul 16 with 1597 viewsSK_hoops

Next England Manager on 13:56 - Jul 16 by elnombre

Exactly, it is this sort of thinking, coupled with doggedly picking only English players, that has held England back all this time...

Joking of course, but the serious point is, for example, how many English managers have won the Premier League? How many English Premier League managers even are there (is it 3?).

I can't say I'm keen on ECB cricket-style three-overs-at-Arundel to qualify, then can you open for us at the Gabba, but the FA must know that the current system isn't going to throw up another Venables by magic, it has barely churned out a Sean Dyche.

An English manager hasn't won the top league since Howard Wilkinson in 91/92. Champions leagie 1980s. Klopp done both. Give me him over an English manager any day of the week.
Next England Manager on 16:32 - Jul 16 with 1494 viewskensalriser

Is Olly available?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next England Manager on 16:37 - Jul 16 with 1470 viewsbosh67

Given our tactic of passing it back to the keeper to punt it 70 yards up field the only candidate has to be another Gareth who we know all too well.
[Post edited 16 Jul 16:38]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Next England Manager on 17:22 - Jul 16 with 1413 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Redknapp on Radio 4 saying it's not that difficult a job and you don't really need to train them...
Next England Manager on 17:31 - Jul 16 with 1387 viewskensalriser

Next England Manager on 17:22 - Jul 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

Redknapp on Radio 4 saying it's not that difficult a job and you don't really need to train them...

...and the reasons why Redknapp is a twát notebook is now full.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next England Manager on 09:20 - Jul 17 with 1193 viewsTheChef

Next England Manager on 17:22 - Jul 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

What the hell is he doing on Radio 4??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Next England Manager on 09:26 - Jul 17 with 1182 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Next England Manager on 09:20 - Jul 17 by TheChef

What the hell is he doing on Radio 4??

Making an eejit of himself by the sound of it.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Next England Manager on 11:46 - Jul 17 with 1083 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

HAHAHA

Not for a second so I think this will happen, but could you imagine the fireworks

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/fans-call-for-england-to-hire-sarina-wiegman-to-repla
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024