Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next England Manager 09:44 - Jul 15 with 14870 viewswombat

not much choice out there for an englsih manager to come in.

Eddie Howe
gary oneil

cant think of anyone else

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Next England Manager on 13:23 - Jul 17 with 3303 viewsJuzzie

Next England Manager on 17:22 - Jul 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

Redknapp on Radio 4 saying it's not that difficult a job and you don't really need to train them...

How is this guy still getting air-time????

That was his mantra at QPR. I think he actually said something along the lines of "players at this level shouldn't need coaching, they should know what to do".

If that's true then why the fk does a club need a Manager then and why did he have that job?

Tw@t

What he seems to forget that, yes, their ability at that level shouldn't be in question but they still need to know what is required of them in terms of formations & tactics and players themselves can often fulfil different roles.
There are so many variations that's what a Manager has to ascertain and provide.
You can't just chuck 11 players on a pitch and tell them to get on with it.

[Post edited 17 Jul 13:37]
Next England Manager on 13:40 - Jul 17 with 3230 viewsaston_hoop

Next England Manager on 13:23 - Jul 17 by Juzzie

How is this guy still getting air-time????

That was his mantra at QPR. I think he actually said something along the lines of "players at this level shouldn't need coaching, they should know what to do".

If that's true then why the fk does a club need a Manager then and why did he have that job?

Tw@t

What he seems to forget that, yes, their ability at that level shouldn't be in question but they still need to know what is required of them in terms of formations & tactics and players themselves can often fulfil different roles.
There are so many variations that's what a Manager has to ascertain and provide.
You can't just chuck 11 players on a pitch and tell them to get on with it.

[Post edited 17 Jul 13:37]

This is why Manchester City are so successful and possibly why Phil Foden struggles for England. City play the most regimented and coached football in the world, I know its supposed to be fun and attacking, it certainly scores them goals and looks good when it comes together. But its so regimented, the positions the players take up are all so well drilled. Taking Foden out of that environment and putting him into another one doesn't work very well. When people say Foden should be given more freedom for England, it always gets me. He has never had playing freedom in his life. He plays a Guardiola system and knows exactly where to be and what to do, which positions he needs to take up and his teammates know the same. I think this level of coaching from our own Sr. Cifuentes is what got us out of the mess after the chaotic vibes of Ainsworth last season.

Anyway, I digress. Thats why Redknapp got found out years ago. Thats why it always amazes me when fans call for someone who can shout at players a bit, as if thats what professional footballers really need.
[Post edited 17 Jul 13:41]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Next England Manager on 13:51 - Jul 17 with 3161 viewsJuzzie

Next England Manager on 13:40 - Jul 17 by aston_hoop

This is why Manchester City are so successful and possibly why Phil Foden struggles for England. City play the most regimented and coached football in the world, I know its supposed to be fun and attacking, it certainly scores them goals and looks good when it comes together. But its so regimented, the positions the players take up are all so well drilled. Taking Foden out of that environment and putting him into another one doesn't work very well. When people say Foden should be given more freedom for England, it always gets me. He has never had playing freedom in his life. He plays a Guardiola system and knows exactly where to be and what to do, which positions he needs to take up and his teammates know the same. I think this level of coaching from our own Sr. Cifuentes is what got us out of the mess after the chaotic vibes of Ainsworth last season.

Anyway, I digress. Thats why Redknapp got found out years ago. Thats why it always amazes me when fans call for someone who can shout at players a bit, as if thats what professional footballers really need.
[Post edited 17 Jul 13:41]

Redknapp was in a era when all the managers did the same so there was equilibrium. Once new, younger, managers came in with different ideas that were getting better results, people like Redknapp couldn't/wouldn't adapt and got left behind. Still, worth fkin' £millions so no big deal for him but still loves to talk the talk and spout bollox.
Next England Manager on 13:54 - Jul 17 with 3138 viewsHoopsie

England manager should be English

Big footballing nations should have their own coaching the national teams

Spain
Brazil
Argentina
Germany
Italy
France

The England coach should develop an English way of play and the coach should ideally be English

Even if I don’t make much sense you must know what I mean

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Next England Manager on 12:27 - Jul 18 with 2758 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I mean, I don’t think some England fans will ever be happy, but for the rest of us the case for Lee Carsley:

Next England Manager on 13:19 - Jul 18 with 2647 viewsBAWHoops

Next England Manager on 12:27 - Jul 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I mean, I don’t think some England fans will ever be happy, but for the rest of us the case for Lee Carsley:

Carsley is my first choice.

The thought of a 'big name' fills me with dread. We had multiple trophy winner Capello completely sht the bed when he was manager. Italy have the previous winner of Serie A as their manager and they were awful.

Scaloni just won the World Cup and Copa America, bloke had never managed a senior team before getting the Argentina job, same for De La Fuente at Spain.

International Football is all about culture. If you bring in Pep, Klopp etc then it becomes all about them and not the collective.

Carsley fits the current trend of International Football well

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Next England Manager on 13:36 - Jul 18 with 2603 viewsTheChef

Next England Manager on 13:19 - Jul 18 by BAWHoops

Carsley is my first choice.

The thought of a 'big name' fills me with dread. We had multiple trophy winner Capello completely sht the bed when he was manager. Italy have the previous winner of Serie A as their manager and they were awful.

Scaloni just won the World Cup and Copa America, bloke had never managed a senior team before getting the Argentina job, same for De La Fuente at Spain.

International Football is all about culture. If you bring in Pep, Klopp etc then it becomes all about them and not the collective.

Carsley fits the current trend of International Football well

Fully agree.

The keyboard warriors will have a fit but I like the idea of some kind of continuity, and he'll already know well a few of the younger players in the senior squad.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Next England Manager on 11:37 - Aug 7 with 2309 viewsGaryHaddock

Lee Carsley appointed for two interim matches

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/12016/13192396/lee-carsley-england-u
Login to get fewer ads

Next England Manager on 12:09 - Aug 7 with 2126 viewsdaveB

Next England Manager on 11:37 - Aug 7 by GaryHaddock

Lee Carsley appointed for two interim matches

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/12016/13192396/lee-carsley-england-u

hope he does well, I find the prospect of Carsley more interesting than the big names
[Post edited 7 Aug 12:09]
Next England Manager on 12:39 - Aug 7 with 1964 viewsGaryHaddock

Next England Manager on 12:09 - Aug 7 by daveB

hope he does well, I find the prospect of Carsley more interesting than the big names
[Post edited 7 Aug 12:09]

He’s the only candidate who’s already won an international tournament I’d imagine.
Next England Manager on 13:40 - Aug 7 with 1750 viewsMonkey_Roots

If you're trying to cement a style of play at all levels, and actually stick to it, then Carsley has to be the next manager.
Next England Manager on 13:50 - Aug 7 with 1710 viewsNed_Kennedys

Trying to sneak him in through the back door like they did with Southgate and he’s obviously the very cheapest option for them.
As long as he doesn’t have favourites he shoehorns into every team, plays players in the correct positions, realises that you can actually win games playing attractive football and can deal with in game management tactics and substitutions then he’ll be fine.
Next England Manager on 13:55 - Aug 7 with 1690 viewsToast_R

The idea of Lampard or Gerrard getting this job is basically tearing up everything Southgate has created since 2016 and throwing it in the trash.

Them two were equally culpable of creating a toxic England camp that couldn't leave player's egos back at their respective clubs and unite as a team. They weren't up to it then and I doubt much has changed with them as managers.
Next England Manager on 14:34 - Aug 7 with 1577 viewsRangersDave

I'd give the job to Neil Warnock.

Cannot be any worse and we might actually win something.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Next England Manager on 15:43 - Aug 7 with 1462 viewsdaveB

Next England Manager on 13:50 - Aug 7 by Ned_Kennedys

Trying to sneak him in through the back door like they did with Southgate and he’s obviously the very cheapest option for them.
As long as he doesn’t have favourites he shoehorns into every team, plays players in the correct positions, realises that you can actually win games playing attractive football and can deal with in game management tactics and substitutions then he’ll be fine.

Whoever the manager is he will have favourites he always puts in the team, every manager does it
Next England Manager on 17:31 - Aug 8 with 1074 viewsMonkey_Roots

Wibble
[Post edited 9 Aug 15:18]
Next England Manager on 18:00 - Aug 8 with 1035 viewsdigswellhoop

hope he gets it please
Next England Manager on 14:05 - Aug 9 with 798 viewsdaveB

confirmed now, in charge for at least the next 2 games, probably until the end of the year
Next England Manager on 14:30 - Aug 9 with 753 viewsGaryHaddock

Next England Manager on 14:05 - Aug 9 by daveB

confirmed now, in charge for at least the next 2 games, probably until the end of the year

Good news.

Policy over personality.
Next England Manager on 14:39 - Aug 9 with 706 viewsTheChef

Next England Manager on 14:30 - Aug 9 by GaryHaddock

Good news.

Policy over personality.

Pretty sure he'll get it permanently unless we somehow get gumped in both games.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Next England Manager on 15:02 - Aug 9 with 669 viewsGaryHaddock

Next England Manager on 14:39 - Aug 9 by TheChef

Pretty sure he'll get it permanently unless we somehow get gumped in both games.

Would be good to see some of the U21s get a game
Next England Manager on 15:17 - Aug 9 with 620 viewskensalriser

I feel like Carsley is a good move, too. Hope he does well in his interim period and gets it full time.
[Post edited 9 Aug 15:43]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next England Manager on 15:22 - Aug 9 with 615 viewsdaveB

Next England Manager on 14:39 - Aug 9 by TheChef

it's an opportunity for him but it's a smart move by the FA as come christmas you'll have a much better idea of if Pep is going to be available and Eddie Howe might be out of work as well
Next England Manager on 15:27 - Aug 9 with 590 viewsNed_Kennedys

Next England Manager on 15:22 - Aug 9 by daveB

it's an opportunity for him but it's a smart move by the FA as come christmas you'll have a much better idea of if Pep is going to be available and Eddie Howe might be out of work as well

I very much doubt the FA are looking at anyone else.
Carsley is their man and wouldn’t have rejected the Republic of Ireland job unless he’d been promised the England job when Southgate eventually went.
Next England Manager on 16:28 - Aug 9 with 500 viewslassel

Next England Manager on 14:05 - Aug 9 by daveB

I mean it’s pretty obvious they hope he will have two good games playing attractive football and they’ll quietly confirm him permanently.

It’s what they did with Southgate albeit obviously without the attractive football
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024