Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road renovation/revamp 13:14 - Sep 20 with 94691 viewsQPRConor2000

Given the news we heard this week from Ruben that LR is now more likely to be redeveloped over a new stadium, I wanted to open up a specific thread for it.

Any ideas on how we can improve LR.

NOTE: Serious ideas only.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:02 - Sep 2 with 5510 viewshubble

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:47 - Sep 2 by kensalriser

What's the problem with Park Royal? We used to play there. Don't forget that QPR wasn't founded in Shepherd's Bush or even the borough of Hammersmith & Fulham (or its predecessors).

What's the problem with Park Royal? It's a shithole. Would hate for us to move there. It's got no character, it's dead. It's a junction on the A40.

Our club was founded less than a mile from the Hammersmith borough boundary and our ground is 2 miles from St Jude's Hall, which is in W10. Park Royal is NW10. We're West London, not North West London.
[Post edited 2 Sep 18:02]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:47 - Sep 2 with 5285 viewsderbyhoop

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:36 - Sep 2 by dutch

And I feel exactly the opposite. I would no more want to watch Rangers regularly in Perivale or Park Royal, than I would in Derby or Dundee. We are an inner London club. 15000 in W12 or 11 or 10 beats 25000 in the boondocks. Our home our history our heritage and our USP is all about location.

Perivale and Park Royal are hardly the boondocks. In fact, one of our previous grounds was Park Royal.
The lack of nearby amenities would be an issue, initially. For preference, we should say in LBHF, but any available site, if any, are likely to have similar downsides.

IMHO, QPR won't move from LR in my lifetime.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:49 - Sep 2 with 5260 viewsNewBee

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:12 - Aug 29 by Jevlar

Do these new plans involve digging down?

[Post edited 2 Sep 19:51]
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 20:49 - Sep 2 with 5109 viewskernowhoop

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:10 - Sep 2 by DiggertheMole

Or we could decamp to the Mennaye Field with lots of space to develop a huge ground and share with the Pirates as they overtake Exeter. Penzance needs a big club (even us!).

Imagination. Wonderful!!
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 22:20 - Sep 2 with 4855 viewswombat

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 20:49 - Sep 2 by kernowhoop

Imagination. Wonderful!!

One thing that we are forgetting is the ground used to have a restrictive covenant on it for how many times it can be used in one calendar year ,can’t remember the exact amount off days but it did/ does exit we will only make more money on NON match days , same s spurs , arsenal etc concerts boxing etc . I’m still going withbuy the school make the school end bigger somehow and add the corporate side of things behind the stand , more boxes could be added more space for external events to be held there some more revenue coming in and a capacity of around 23/25 k possibly ,if we could get the use of South Africa road added as well then we could do something with that stand as well .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 22:34 - Sep 2 with 4803 viewsNW5Hoop

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 22:26 - Aug 29 by wombat

Buy the school make the school end bigger same for the loft , move the pitch a little ,prob add 5/7k on to the ground , school moves to the TA up the road

1. Don't think moving a school to get a few extra seats in will win us many friends.
2. Who pays for building and equipping a whole new school? Think LBHF will be happy to pay? I don't.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 22:59 - Sep 2 with 4722 viewsJuzzie

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 22:20 - Sep 2 by wombat

One thing that we are forgetting is the ground used to have a restrictive covenant on it for how many times it can be used in one calendar year ,can’t remember the exact amount off days but it did/ does exit we will only make more money on NON match days , same s spurs , arsenal etc concerts boxing etc . I’m still going withbuy the school make the school end bigger somehow and add the corporate side of things behind the stand , more boxes could be added more space for external events to be held there some more revenue coming in and a capacity of around 23/25 k possibly ,if we could get the use of South Africa road added as well then we could do something with that stand as well .

As has been said, the school only covers about 3/4 of the width, the rest is the houses and gardens in Imre Close. ‘Buying the school’ will end up with a disjointed and lopsided stand. Apart from looking awful it probably won’t achieve what is required so back to square one.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 07:53 - Sep 3 with 4289 viewscaptainmycaptian

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:02 - Sep 2 by hubble

What's the problem with Park Royal? It's a shithole. Would hate for us to move there. It's got no character, it's dead. It's a junction on the A40.

Our club was founded less than a mile from the Hammersmith borough boundary and our ground is 2 miles from St Jude's Hall, which is in W10. Park Royal is NW10. We're West London, not North West London.
[Post edited 2 Sep 18:02]

Yep there is a lot to having roots and being part of an area. That's how the club will flourish not a franchise model.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/WKxcS1s63AX4QP356

The plaque on the building is history don't go to far from this is a decent way to be
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 17:07 - Sep 8 with 3563 viewsBoston

Phew, another exhausting read. But I've learned there are no concrete plans...so we must be building out of wood.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:29 - Sep 8 with 3273 viewsQPR_Jim

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 22:34 - Sep 2 by NW5Hoop

1. Don't think moving a school to get a few extra seats in will win us many friends.
2. Who pays for building and equipping a whole new school? Think LBHF will be happy to pay? I don't.

The school said they need to move to a bigger site, so we could assist them if it's mutually beneficial.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:54 - Sep 8 with 3142 viewsBoston

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:29 - Sep 8 by QPR_Jim

The school said they need to move to a bigger site, so we could assist them if it's mutually beneficial.

Education authorities predict falling school numbers in the near future.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:05 - Sep 8 with 3110 viewsstinkydad

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:54 - Sep 8 by Boston

Education authorities predict falling school numbers in the near future.

Labour's plans to tax private school fees will drive lots of kids from private to public education, if put into action. I believe that there is now a legal challenge being brought against the plans now.

I can't see how school numbers can fall in any event though.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:07 - Sep 8 with 3105 viewsconnell10

DIG UP!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:07 - Sep 8 with 3100 viewsGloucs_R

If you built over SA slightly and bought the school...I wonder if you could move the pitch across a bit. Allowing you to rebuild ER too.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:30 - Sep 8 with 3005 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:07 - Sep 8 by connell10

DIG UP!!!

DIG LEFT!!!!!
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 21:00 - Sep 8 with 2739 viewsMick_S

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:30 - Sep 8 by Wilkinswatercarrier

DIG LEFT!!!!!

Dig left, right, left.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 21:20 - Sep 8 with 2690 viewsR_from_afar

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 17:07 - Sep 8 by Boston

Phew, another exhausting read. But I've learned there are no concrete plans...so we must be building out of wood.

Ether, actually. It's the perfect solution 👌

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 21:23 - Sep 8 with 2678 viewsR_from_afar

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:06 - Sep 2 by lassel

Asking the obvious question maybe but who is going to pay for that?

It certainly won’t Rubinho, his end goal is to get out as painlessly as possible, in his dream scenario a promotion and then sale.

"It certainly won’t Rubinho, his end goal is to get out as painlessly as possible, in his dream scenario a promotion and then sale".

Without wishing to be confrontational, how do you know this?

I say that as someone who is not expecting much to change on the stadium front in the medium to long term, sadly 😔

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 21:42 - Sep 8 with 2578 viewsCateLeBonR

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:01 - Sep 2 by Juzzie

It's not a myth but it would mean a severely limited capacity, probably circa 17k which in reality would yield max. 16,500 attendances. This is the sticking point I believe.
Whilst we're not a big club we are certainly not small but a 20-23/25k stadium is not unreasonable for us but just can't happen at LR.

It's a round peg/square hole problem.

The biggest small club. Or was it the smallest big club? I can't remember.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 09:03 - Sep 9 with 2045 viewsW7Ranger

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 21:00 - Sep 8 by Mick_S

Dig left, right, left.

Dig left dig right go dig 'em the 'ead, dig left dig right dig leffffft...
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:18 - Sep 9 with 1825 viewsstainrods_elbow

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:47 - Sep 2 by derbyhoop

Perivale and Park Royal are hardly the boondocks. In fact, one of our previous grounds was Park Royal.
The lack of nearby amenities would be an issue, initially. For preference, we should say in LBHF, but any available site, if any, are likely to have similar downsides.

IMHO, QPR won't move from LR in my lifetime.

But will we move in your afterlifetime (which is a long time)?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:20 - Sep 9 with 1817 viewsstainrods_elbow

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 22:59 - Sep 2 by Juzzie

As has been said, the school only covers about 3/4 of the width, the rest is the houses and gardens in Imre Close. ‘Buying the school’ will end up with a disjointed and lopsided stand. Apart from looking awful it probably won’t achieve what is required so back to square one.

If we raze a school to get our end away, presumably we won't really be able to call in the School End anymore? Maybe the 'No More School End'?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:59 - Sep 9 with 1688 viewsderbyhoop

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:05 - Sep 8 by stinkydad

Labour's plans to tax private school fees will drive lots of kids from private to public education, if put into action. I believe that there is now a legal challenge being brought against the plans now.

I can't see how school numbers can fall in any event though.

Well. Birthrates are falling, across the developed world, so there's likely to be less demand for school places. The school, AFAIK, caters for special needs. So may have been adapted accordingly. If, as has been stated, the school need larger premises, it could present an opportunity. However, QPR may have to pay fir school to relocate.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:48 - Sep 9 with 1546 viewsBostonR

It’s costing the owners circa £2M a month to keep the club afloat. The cost of maintaining LR must be huge, given its condition. I’m pretty sure the club have had a professional condition survey undertaken to ascertain the cost of keeping that asset just viable. In my opinion the conclusion of that survey would not be good news in terms of future funding just to keep the status quo.
A refurbishment of the existing stadium just isn’t viable given the current footprint and what the club want to develop and achieve.
The site needs to be sold for premium residential development which is now the main development focus around White City.
Our new CEO is a sharp operator-it will be interesting to see what the next steps are. Either way he states quite often that the club must be self-sustaining and remaining at LR doesn’t achieve that goal. It’s as simple as that.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:21 - Sep 9 with 1152 viewsNorthantsHoop

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:48 - Sep 9 by BostonR

It’s costing the owners circa £2M a month to keep the club afloat. The cost of maintaining LR must be huge, given its condition. I’m pretty sure the club have had a professional condition survey undertaken to ascertain the cost of keeping that asset just viable. In my opinion the conclusion of that survey would not be good news in terms of future funding just to keep the status quo.
A refurbishment of the existing stadium just isn’t viable given the current footprint and what the club want to develop and achieve.
The site needs to be sold for premium residential development which is now the main development focus around White City.
Our new CEO is a sharp operator-it will be interesting to see what the next steps are. Either way he states quite often that the club must be self-sustaining and remaining at LR doesn’t achieve that goal. It’s as simple as that.

Exactly you have to change tact and move on, it happened with the training ground and the years of the shenanigans with Warren Farm etc. and then a leftfield move on the Heston site which was delivered quickly and well. I have such mixed views on staying at Loftus Road, but I have come to the conclusion that the ground and it's footprint are cemented in an era that is not sustainable for a modern football stadium, however much we love the old place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024