Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road renovation/revamp 13:14 - Sep 20 with 94692 viewsQPRConor2000

Given the news we heard this week from Ruben that LR is now more likely to be redeveloped over a new stadium, I wanted to open up a specific thread for it.

Any ideas on how we can improve LR.

NOTE: Serious ideas only.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:46 - Sep 9 with 4015 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

They've said publicly in a fans' forum they're working with the council around regenerating LR. And there are people on this very thread that seem to prove they're in discussion with architects. Someone must be willing to foot the eventual bill or confident they can raise funds or they wouldn't have bothered getting that far.

I don't doubt Ruben would be out of here in an instant if he could get a bit of cash back but perhaps LR in it's current form is part of what's stopping him from doing so - both in terms of P&L and on-pitch product. I'm not sure Ruben's ideal exit route and the regeneration of LR at his expense have to be mutually exclusive.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:58 - Sep 9 with 3899 viewsTheChef

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:20 - Sep 9 by stainrods_elbow

If we raze a school to get our end away, presumably we won't really be able to call in the School End anymore? Maybe the 'No More School End'?

We're getting our end away??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:41 - Sep 9 with 3795 viewskensalriser

Why is Ruben still around? Hard to say, but the recent successes of Fulham and Brentford prove that clubs of our size and location can survive and prosper in the Premier League.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:48 - Sep 9 with 3742 viewslassel

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:41 - Sep 9 by kensalriser

Why is Ruben still around? Hard to say, but the recent successes of Fulham and Brentford prove that clubs of our size and location can survive and prosper in the Premier League.

He’s trying to get out with as minimal a loss as possible.

They’ve been trying for years to nab an American to buy them out.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:51 - Sep 9 with 3733 viewsderbyhoop

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:41 - Sep 9 by kensalriser

Fulham's ground was always bigger, even before they built halfway across the Thames.
Brentford, on the other hand, have survived a few seasons on PL. Largely based on analytics to buy cheap(ish), sell for a profit then rinse and repeat. Is it sustainable? Not sure. If/when they get relegated, can they get back? With the same methodology?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:01 - Sep 9 with 3689 viewsActonExile

This is a bit long winded.

I'm not a landlord and also i have no idea how any of the finances workout but i'm sure there must be some link between what you pay for a property and how long you have to rent it out before you make a profit but.....

Is it financially viable for a club with wealthy owners to invest in property without affecting FFP (Or the other abbreviation), there are 36 ish properties (google map survey) backing onto our ground from Loftus Road and Ellerslie Road, each property is divided into 3 flats and they are approx £600k each.
Where's that calculator gone, ok that makes 36*3*£600k = £65m.
Bear with me, now if the club systematically bought them through a shell company and just rents them out at the going rate and when it owns all of them, then just build over half the gardens and either sell them on or just keep renting them out.
Also on rightmove there is a maisonette in LR for rent at £6k per/month.
Calculator again, 36*3*£6k = £648,000 a month.
I know the maths is a bit rudimentary but it might be financially viable.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:26 - Sep 9 with 3580 viewsconnell10

Make the whole of the ground executive boxes!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 09:14 - Sep 10 with 2999 viewsfrancisbowles

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:01 - Sep 9 by ActonExile

I'm not a landlord and also i have no idea how any of the finances workout but i'm sure there must be some link between what you pay for a property and how long you have to rent it out before you make a profit but.....

Is it financially viable for a club with wealthy owners to invest in property without affecting FFP (Or the other abbreviation), there are 36 ish properties (google map survey) backing onto our ground from Loftus Road and Ellerslie Road, each property is divided into 3 flats and they are approx £600k each.
Bear with me, now if the club systematically bought them through a shell company and just rents them out at the going rate and when it owns all of them, then just build over half the gardens and either sell them on or just keep renting them out.

Planning permission to build over gardens😂
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:18 - Sep 10 with 2857 viewsActonExile

Liverpool got planning permission to demolish a whole street, so i'm fairly sure you'd get planning permission to build over half a garden you own.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:53 - Sep 10 with 2735 viewsDWQPR

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:18 - Sep 10 by ActonExile

Liverpool got planning permission to demolish a whole street, so i'm fairly sure you'd get planning permission to build over half a garden you own.

Liverpool waited for one owner to shuffle off their mortal coil before getting the chance to extend the Kemlin Road stand, they’d bought up all the rest of the houses by then and had them boarded up. Also there is a bit of a difference in the value of properties in Liverpool and W12!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 11:41 - Sep 10 with 2596 viewslassel

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:01 - Sep 9 by ActonExile

Yes the club could buy up all the houses and rent them out without affecting FFP, any revenue and costs would be irrelevant for FFP purposes.

No, they would never get planning permission to steal the gardens for expansion of LR as it would block out natural light to the houses.

You could theoretically buy up the houses and knock them down to expand LR but no way the council would grant planning permission to reduce housing stock.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:07 - Sep 10 with 2496 viewskensalriser

It would take decades to buy enough neighbouring properties unless you wanted to pay a chunky premium to the market. And then, as others have said, planning permission.

These groundhog threads are a bit like those conversations on how you’d spend your lottery win.
[Post edited 11 Sep 11:40]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:10 - Sep 10 with 2478 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:07 - Sep 10 by kensalriser

It would take decades to buy enough neighbouring properties unless you wanted to pay a chunky premium to the market. And then, as others have said, planning permission.

These groundhog threads are a bit like those conversations on how you’d spend your lottery win.
[Post edited 11 Sep 11:40]

"These groundhog threads are a bit like those conversations on how you’d spent your lottery win."

Well, I'd buy up all the houses...etc...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:19 - Sep 10 with 2409 viewsRs_Holy

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:26 - Sep 9 by connell10

Make the whole of the ground executive boxes!

Very interesting Flavio ... er I mean Connell.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 17:38 - Sep 10 with 2034 viewsDWQPR

Any redevelopment I reckon would be based on getting both the school land and also Batman Court. It will also depend on whether we could extend our a bit to over SAR. If in the unlikelihood we could get these three ducks in a row then possibly a ‘wrap round’ stand covering LR, SAR and the SE with possibly a reduced upper tier on the SE towards the ER stand, similar to the away end at Forest. It could also mean, if additional capacity is achieved to remodel the ER stand to something similar to the smaller end at Palace whereby the number of rows of seats are reduced but then with a double decker exec box arrangement. This way you can double the total number of boxes, reduce the issues with crowd traffic in the concourse.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:00 - Sep 11 with 1534 viewsdutch

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 17:38 - Sep 10 by DWQPR

Any redevelopment I reckon would be based on getting both the school land and also Batman Court. It will also depend on whether we could extend our a bit to over SAR. If in the unlikelihood we could get these three ducks in a row then possibly a ‘wrap round’ stand covering LR, SAR and the SE with possibly a reduced upper tier on the SE towards the ER stand, similar to the away end at Forest. It could also mean, if additional capacity is achieved to remodel the ER stand to something similar to the smaller end at Palace whereby the number of rows of seats are reduced but then with a double decker exec box arrangement. This way you can double the total number of boxes, reduce the issues with crowd traffic in the concourse.

But would it fix the water pressure?
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:32 - Sep 16 with 871 viewsR_from_afar

I am not saying a similar transformation is affordable or even possible at LR but what a great refurbishment

This stadium now holds 23,500.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:07 - Sep 17 with 378 viewsNewBee

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:51 - Sep 9 by derbyhoop

Fulham's ground was always bigger, even before they built halfway across the Thames.
Brentford, on the other hand, have survived a few seasons on PL. Largely based on analytics to buy cheap(ish), sell for a profit then rinse and repeat. Is it sustainable? Not sure. If/when they get relegated, can they get back? With the same methodology?

Though I'm (cautiously) optimistic for another few seasons in the PL for Bees, it's obvious that one bad/unlucky season could see us relegated at any time.

But if we were, I'd be very confident that we could get back up again pretty damned quickly, since it is FAR easier to sign Championship-winning players to gain promotion, than it is to sign PL-standard players to keep you up, never mind progress, once you get there.

And that's before you factor in the huge advantage parachute payments give in the Championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024