Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road renovation/revamp 13:14 - Sep 20 with 94698 viewsQPRConor2000

Given the news we heard this week from Ruben that LR is now more likely to be redeveloped over a new stadium, I wanted to open up a specific thread for it.

Any ideas on how we can improve LR.

NOTE: Serious ideas only.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:46 - Aug 29 with 6310 viewsbosh67

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:36 - Aug 29 by connell10

DIG DOWN.....

That would be the only way to not have height proximity issues with the residential buildings around it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 20:17 - Aug 29 with 6082 viewshoopedmonkey

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:06 - Aug 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

My girlfriend works for an architectural practice and told me the other day she saw they have a project for Loftus Road.

I assume they have experience in revolving restaurants
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 22:26 - Aug 29 with 5675 viewswombat

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 20:17 - Aug 29 by hoopedmonkey

I assume they have experience in revolving restaurants

Buy the school make the school end bigger same for the loft , move the pitch a little ,prob add 5/7k on to the ground , school moves to the TA up the road

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 00:09 - Aug 30 with 5393 viewsrsocks

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 22:26 - Aug 29 by wombat

Buy the school make the school end bigger same for the loft , move the pitch a little ,prob add 5/7k on to the ground , school moves to the TA up the road

Bollocks to that
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 10:39 - Aug 30 with 4975 viewsdannyblue

I know a civil engineer who has also pitched in the last month or two for a Loftus Rd project. I don't know more and wouldn't say if I did.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:20 - Aug 30 with 4765 viewsHoopsie

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 18:06 - Aug 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

My girlfriend works for an architectural practice and told me the other day she saw they have a project for Loftus Road.

Any details?

Is it a residential redevelopment or a stadium redevelopment?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:37 - Aug 30 with 4656 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

But the school doesn't stretch the width of the School End. The gardens of the houses of Imre Close stretch into the 18 yard box laterally. so you end up with the same problem as you have behind the Loft and Ellerslie Road.

At best you'd be looking at some weird three quarters stand or a sloping end like at the Dell.
[Post edited 30 Aug 12:38]
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:45 - Aug 30 with 4578 viewsslmrstid

I did Wormwood Scrubs parkrun at the weekend and was told the Linford Christie track is due to be resurfaced later this year, which suggests the council have no intention of the current facility being remodelled a la QPR stadium with a track on the side if they're pouring thousands into a new running surface.

All been quiet there anyway, I assume we've given up by now. Lovely big space though, haven't been round there for years.
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:47 - Aug 30 with 4535 viewsBoston

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:20 - Aug 30 by Hoopsie

Any details?

Is it a residential redevelopment or a stadium redevelopment?

The microfilm vill be smuggled out soon, comrade.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:51 - Aug 30 with 4480 viewsBoston

Offer every Elletslie Rd property owner a brand spanking new flat in a building that incorporates a football stand.

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:53 - Aug 30 with 4474 viewsHoopsie

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 12:47 - Aug 30 by Boston

The microfilm vill be smuggled out soon, comrade.

I’ll be surprised if it is not easier than that.

Frankly, even if you work there as the tea lady I don’t see why you can’t walk away with the blueprint in a usb

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:13 - Aug 30 with 4237 viewsActonExile

If you look at Google maps it seems this is the only viable option, the council might be persuaded to truncate SAF or make it a single lane Buses only between Bloemfontein and Batman and the ground could move far enough north to allow for a new School end stand to get past Imrie be full width.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:28 - Aug 30 with 4098 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:13 - Aug 30 by ActonExile

If you look at Google maps it seems this is the only viable option, the council might be persuaded to truncate SAF or make it a single lane Buses only between Bloemfontein and Batman and the ground could move far enough north to allow for a new School end stand to get past Imrie be full width.

There's 80m between the end of the Imre Close gardens and the other side of SA Road. LR's School End currently measures 106m.

There is definitely not enough room for that.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:38 - Aug 30 with 4014 viewsQPR_Jim

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:28 - Aug 30 by Padulas_Shampoo

There's 80m between the end of the Imre Close gardens and the other side of SA Road. LR's School End currently measures 106m.

There is definitely not enough room for that.

I think the houses in imre close are council owned. If we got the school site (big if) a better solution would be to provide council flats on the west side of the site, decant residents to the new flats then demolish the one's in the way. Bit of a faff for the council so sweeten the deal by providing more units and building them to be efficient and low maintenance.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:04 - Aug 30 with 3827 viewsBoston

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 13:38 - Aug 30 by QPR_Jim

I think the houses in imre close are council owned. If we got the school site (big if) a better solution would be to provide council flats on the west side of the site, decant residents to the new flats then demolish the one's in the way. Bit of a faff for the council so sweeten the deal by providing more units and building them to be efficient and low maintenance.

I think you're correct re Imre Close status.

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:18 - Aug 30 with 3752 viewsstevec

They could start by giving us comfortable unobtrusive seating before faffing about over a new stadium, I think we deserve that at least.

This would sort the knee room out without spending a fortune on reconstructing the step depth. Could even create a pear shaped back if they wanted it higher without impacting the knees of those sitting behind.

We’ve been far too patient putting up with the conditions we sit in.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:39 - Aug 30 with 3651 viewsBAWHoops

The answer to Loftus Road is to make it smaller with more corporate facilities.

Bring it down to a 15k stadium with 3/4 of SAR or Ellerslie expensive corporate seats

There's no other way

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:40 - Aug 30 with 3646 viewsSpongeParr

Something is definitely happening with LR.

The clubs stance on stadium has switched back to working on LR. Ruben etc have said that they can't talk about what they want to do as they have done it publicly before and look how that went.

LR has also been included in the map of the re-gen of the area. If you see the lines, it didn't need to be in there so I think it is all going hand in hand.

What that means in real terms, I have no idea. But it feels closer than ever that something at LR will be improving.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 17:31 - Aug 30 with 3265 viewsMick_S

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:39 - Aug 30 by BAWHoops

Bring it down to a 15k stadium with 3/4 of SAR or Ellerslie expensive corporate seats

There's no other way

I’m smelling a £9.50 bottle of lukewarm Carlsberg.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 17:40 - Aug 30 with 3170 viewsJuzzie

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:39 - Aug 30 by BAWHoops

There's no other way

I don't think you need more match-day corporate seats, that'll just kill the regular seating capacity though we do need to increase the number of sit-down-at-tables where people eat before/after the game.

The biggest thing is to be able to use the stadium on non match days which, let's face it, is 70% of the year. Some 250 days.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 17:56 - Aug 30 with 3031 viewsBostonR

Really difficult to see how you improve LR as a facility, that is not losing £M's a year as a piece of real-estate. The on-going maintenance costs must be huge!
From a purely business perspective the only option is to sell the land for re-development (prime residential) and re-invest that in a new ground.
I retired from the corporate RE investment world two years ago and LR is a "lame duck" as a sporting opportunity. I'm sure Ruben knows that.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:23 - Aug 31 with 2367 viewsstainrods_elbow

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:40 - Aug 30 by SpongeParr

Something is definitely happening with LR.

The clubs stance on stadium has switched back to working on LR. Ruben etc have said that they can't talk about what they want to do as they have done it publicly before and look how that went.

LR has also been included in the map of the re-gen of the area. If you see the lines, it didn't need to be in there so I think it is all going hand in hand.

What that means in real terms, I have no idea. But it feels closer than ever that something at LR will be improving.

If so, I'm glad they've come round to the viewpoint I've been arguing for for years, including remotely at the Fans Forum. Now that our American albatross has slung his hook, hopefully the adults in the room, plus the Council and a whizzy designer or two, can sink some serious thought into renovating the club's architectural soul.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:32 - Aug 31 with 2342 viewsdmm

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:23 - Aug 31 by stainrods_elbow

If so, I'm glad they've come round to the viewpoint I've been arguing for for years, including remotely at the Fans Forum. Now that our American albatross has slung his hook, hopefully the adults in the room, plus the Council and a whizzy designer or two, can sink some serious thought into renovating the club's architectural soul.

Who is the American albatross you speak of?
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 17:17 - Aug 31 with 2180 viewsCamberleyR

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:32 - Aug 31 by dmm

Who is the American albatross you speak of?

His initials are L H

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 19:21 - Aug 31 with 1933 viewsdmm

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 17:17 - Aug 31 by CamberleyR

His initials are L H

Thanks Cambs, but he's still listed as being chairman of the board.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024