Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? 16:39 - Jul 18 with 16345 viewsNov77

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-make-shock-admis
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 16:40]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:43 - Jul 18 with 5889 viewsblacky200

If they do scrap the idea I hope the residents who kicked up a fuss are proud of their decaying sh*thole that is only going to get worse and the council up their taxes for the upkeep of it.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:44 - Jul 18 with 5874 viewsdaveB

sure the protesters will be delighted when the land gets turned into a big Tescos instead. Shame but Fernandes is right we can't piss around waiting forever
Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 16:44 - Jul 18 with 5871 viewsNorthernr

Total row back on everything they said was important about the future of the club, integrating the academy, improving the facilities. Now suddenly the academy is fine on borrowed land at Concorde Club, facilities at Harlington are fine - exact opposite of everything they've said all along. But really it's no great surprise.

They're happy to throw money at stuff like Rio Ferdinand and Ji Sung Park that gets QPR and Air Asia on the television and have spent many hundreds of millions doing that but haven't built or bought a single tangible thing that will benefit the club long term, or even be here in five years time.

I went to Harlington in the middle of last season to do interviews ad couldn't believe how small, basic and sht it was.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:49 - Jul 18 with 5816 viewsTheBlob

So what do you actually need for a training ground?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 16:49 - Jul 18 with 5809 viewsActonOccident

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 16:44 - Jul 18 by Northernr

Total row back on everything they said was important about the future of the club, integrating the academy, improving the facilities. Now suddenly the academy is fine on borrowed land at Concorde Club, facilities at Harlington are fine - exact opposite of everything they've said all along. But really it's no great surprise.

They're happy to throw money at stuff like Rio Ferdinand and Ji Sung Park that gets QPR and Air Asia on the television and have spent many hundreds of millions doing that but haven't built or bought a single tangible thing that will benefit the club long term, or even be here in five years time.

I went to Harlington in the middle of last season to do interviews ad couldn't believe how small, basic and sht it was.

Amen, amen, amen.

Dodgiest piece of news I've heard out of the club in a while, especially considering all they would've had to do is fight it out a little bit longer. After all, they're supposed to be in this for the long haul.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:50 - Jul 18 with 5807 viewsNov77

Jumpers for goalposts?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:52 - Jul 18 with 5785 viewsconnell10

im very concerned with where rangers are heading if this is the truth, were we hoodwinked by tf on this???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:53 - Jul 18 with 5771 viewsNorthernr

These quotes are alarming IMO...

“What is a training ground? Is it a Roll-Royce training ground?

“You can give me the best football boots but it ain’t going to make a big difference.

“What makes a difference is the coaching or the player.

“Of course you have to have basic facilities, but do we need a training ground like Spurs or Southampton?

“There is a road that is going whether that is with us in the Premier League or the Championship. That’s the academy, that’s the training ground — that’s the stadium. That has to proceed.

“Then there is staying up in the Premier League.

“I don’t think they are intertwined. One isn’t dependent on the other."
Login to get fewer ads

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 16:53 - Jul 18 with 5770 viewsrobith

I played rugby there at uni against imperial.

I am an appalling rugby player, and have played the same place a premiership team trains. Baffling
Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 16:54 - Jul 18 with 5769 viewsfLaMeBoY

Bigger money issues I suspect at the bottom of it.
Mittals are no longer putting money/loans into the club (as they were last year) and therefore diluting their shareholding. They are sticking around but not investing any more money. Air Asia with serious cash flow problems and losing millions in the Phillipines, Japan, soon to be India.
Yeah we've been promoted but £177m in debt, Mittals no longer bailing out TF and co with cash, Air Asia struggling....
Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 16:54 - Jul 18 with 5766 viewsdaveB

what can they do though, the case is dragging on and on and this is probably just being done to push things along. but if there is no end in sight we might as well build on what we have
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:55 - Jul 18 with 5743 viewsJonDoeman

Warren Farm Saved? Very disappointing news that Tony!!

It Is What It Is !!

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 16:57 - Jul 18 with 5727 viewsNorthernr

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 16:54 - Jul 18 by daveB

what can they do though, the case is dragging on and on and this is probably just being done to push things along. but if there is no end in sight we might as well build on what we have

That looks like a pretty poor cover story to me Dave. They get the land, get the planning permission, go through the judicial review, spend 2 and a half years doing it, and then just at the point where it's about to be waved through say "ooh sorry it's taking a bit too long." The end is very much in sight. And we're not building on what we have, because we don't have anything, we're a tenant of a college.
Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:04 - Jul 18 with 5654 viewsdaveB

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 16:57 - Jul 18 by Northernr

That looks like a pretty poor cover story to me Dave. They get the land, get the planning permission, go through the judicial review, spend 2 and a half years doing it, and then just at the point where it's about to be waved through say "ooh sorry it's taking a bit too long." The end is very much in sight. And we're not building on what we have, because we don't have anything, we're a tenant of a college.

I'd still be surprised if it didn't happen, seems like scaremongering to get the project pushed through to me. It would be a real shame if it did fall through as I think it's something the club really needs if we are going to become a serious outfit
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:05 - Jul 18 with 5648 viewsconnell10

expect the "we dont need a new stadium" next!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:05 - Jul 18 with 5634 viewsJonDoeman

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 16:57 - Jul 18 by Northernr

I thought it was ended! Was wondering why we hadn't heard about it starting! This potentially huge fine anything to do with it I wonder?

It Is What It Is !!

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:08 - Jul 18 with 5619 viewsBostonR

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 16:54 - Jul 18 by fLaMeBoY

Bigger money issues I suspect at the bottom of it.
Mittals are no longer putting money/loans into the club (as they were last year) and therefore diluting their shareholding. They are sticking around but not investing any more money. Air Asia with serious cash flow problems and losing millions in the Phillipines, Japan, soon to be India.
Yeah we've been promoted but £177m in debt, Mittals no longer bailing out TF and co with cash, Air Asia struggling....

Where is the evidence to back-up your claim that investors have pulled the plug? If that were the case they would have moved on when the club was relegated.

TF is never going to please everyone and there are some on this board that would rather go back to having collection buckets being passed around. TF is right about Warren Farm. The sandal wearing liberal brigade have too much influence over the planning process in this country which is why wholesale parts of the country are blighted by under-investment.

I am with TF on this one. Move on and invest at Harlington or elsewhere.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:08 - Jul 18 with 5612 viewsNov77

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:05 - Jul 18 by connell10

expect the "we dont need a new stadium" next!

My thoughts exactly.

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:11 - Jul 18 with 5589 viewsfLaMeBoY

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:08 - Jul 18 by BostonR

Where is the evidence to back-up your claim that investors have pulled the plug? If that were the case they would have moved on when the club was relegated.

TF is never going to please everyone and there are some on this board that would rather go back to having collection buckets being passed around. TF is right about Warren Farm. The sandal wearing liberal brigade have too much influence over the planning process in this country which is why wholesale parts of the country are blighted by under-investment.

I am with TF on this one. Move on and invest at Harlington or elsewhere.

They haven't pull the the plug, that's not what I was saying. Just they are no longer putting more of their money into the club in the way of loans/further investment as they have done in previously. Mittals are staying for now.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 17:13]
Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:14 - Jul 18 with 5558 viewsBostonR

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:11 - Jul 18 by fLaMeBoY

They haven't pull the the plug, that's not what I was saying. Just they are no longer putting more of their money into the club in the way of loans/further investment as they have done in previously. Mittals are staying for now.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 17:13]

How do you know they are not investing? Investment has many faces.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:17 - Jul 18 with 5532 viewsNov77

With car giant claiming recently we were premature in announcing plans for a new stadium, today's news doesn't fill you with much confidence.

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:19 - Jul 18 with 5514 viewsNorthernr

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:14 - Jul 18 by BostonR

How do you know they are not investing? Investment has many faces.

Because when you invest in facilities you can see them. They get built. Buildings and stuff. Physical, tangible things that you can see and touch and use.
Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:23 - Jul 18 with 5474 viewswood_hoop

Spot on Clive, hundreds of millions pissed up the wall purely as an advertising exercise, but then anybody that dosn't think TF is the 'second coming' is regarded with some disdain by many, the man is a con artist, that's what advertising really is, a big con to buy their goods, unfortunatly for the 'wonder business man' well and truly got it wrong in so many ways.

New training ground all but gone, new stadium, a pie in the sky project and one I never took seriously, we will be very lucky if we are not bumping along the bottom come Xmas, then the fun really begins.........
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:26 - Jul 18 with 5423 viewsJonDoeman

They were refused their appeal against a decision not to allow a judicial review : http://www.pr-portal.com/2014/05/14/court-turns-down-community-challenge-of-eali

Where can they go from there? I thought that was it over.

It Is What It Is !!

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:32 - Jul 18 with 5393 viewsRedbourneR

In other circumstances you'd think TF was warning someone of the consequences of not proceeding with the plans as previously laid out by pointing out the unloveable alternative. In this case, I can't think who he's warning, unless it's his other shareholders, getting them to stump up what had been promised. I thought this was why TF had 'tested' the value of QPR with the financial community by taking out a loan with Barclays; to show the money could be borrowed and used. Not a comforting admission by TF, this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024