Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? 16:39 - Jul 18 with 16713 viewsNov77

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-make-shock-admis
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 16:40]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 12:20 - Jul 21 with 1620 viewsWeaverQPR

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 09:56 - Jul 21 by paulparker

Is anybody really surprised at this , as Northern says TF talks a good game but delivers nothing,
the bloke has done nothing but tweet, & talk bollox for 3 years , he sends instagram pictures of Remy like a 12 year old school boy making out he may stay , then a week later he is off
he talked a good game last year when he said we will never be a graveyard for ageing players ,and that youth is the answer , guess what we sign Rio Ferdinand & Bobby Zamora , we are linked to more injury prone players in Collison& Davies , where are the influx of youth players then tone ??
Warren farm has been rumbling on for ever so surely he has or should of had a back up plan ?? I get the feeling the way he is talking we will be staying at Harlington
which again makes TF looks silly , all talk of building training ground for a youth team , to attract top youngsters etc again pie in the sky
TF got very lucky when we got through the play offs if we hadn't then we would be in the brown stuff , IMHO TF is winging it every day, him & beard don't have a clue
so be prepared for a scatter gun approach to signings , last day transfer window madness under the Air Asia Advertising hoarding & more talk of new stadiums , learning by mistakes etc etc

Agree with paul parker. Millions spunked on players but nothing long lasting built. WF looks doomed and I really begin to doubt TF ability to deleiver a new ground. He talks shit 99% time.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 12:23]

@WeavQPR

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 12:35 - Jul 21 with 1597 viewsBostonR

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 12:20 - Jul 21 by WeaverQPR

Agree with paul parker. Millions spunked on players but nothing long lasting built. WF looks doomed and I really begin to doubt TF ability to deleiver a new ground. He talks shit 99% time.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 12:23]

I often think had this forum been around when Jim Gregory was Chairman would he have gotten the same amount of abuse? Some of his dealings were incredible!
Whether we like it or not TF owns the club and he will do what he considers to be right, as long as he stays Chairman. And yes he will amke more mistatkes but for the first time in years we are in safe hands.
I am firmly in the TF camp and will judge him over time - say the next 4-6yrs because whether you all like it or not, he and his shareholders are in it for the long-term.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 12:43 - Jul 21 with 1581 viewsBrightonhoop

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 09:56 - Jul 21 by paulparker

Is anybody really surprised at this , as Northern says TF talks a good game but delivers nothing,
the bloke has done nothing but tweet, & talk bollox for 3 years , he sends instagram pictures of Remy like a 12 year old school boy making out he may stay , then a week later he is off
he talked a good game last year when he said we will never be a graveyard for ageing players ,and that youth is the answer , guess what we sign Rio Ferdinand & Bobby Zamora , we are linked to more injury prone players in Collison& Davies , where are the influx of youth players then tone ??
Warren farm has been rumbling on for ever so surely he has or should of had a back up plan ?? I get the feeling the way he is talking we will be staying at Harlington
which again makes TF looks silly , all talk of building training ground for a youth team , to attract top youngsters etc again pie in the sky
TF got very lucky when we got through the play offs if we hadn't then we would be in the brown stuff , IMHO TF is winging it every day, him & beard don't have a clue
so be prepared for a scatter gun approach to signings , last day transfer window madness under the Air Asia Advertising hoarding & more talk of new stadiums , learning by mistakes etc etc

Good post, but in fairness to TF England isn't brimming over with youthful talent, as we saw in Brazil, dumped out of the WC along with pain and Italy in the first round. So it's not just an English problem.

Hopefully it is just politiking for the next round in the Courts. The new ground plans will certainly tke more backbone, and are reliant HS2 succeeding, so many more interests against it, so a much harder fight required.

Rio's grown on me over the weekend, I hope Remy either steps up or goes today/tomorrow so we know where we stand, and that irons are in the fire to build a squad capable of staying up.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 12:49 - Jul 21 with 1560 viewspaulparker

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 12:35 - Jul 21 by BostonR

I often think had this forum been around when Jim Gregory was Chairman would he have gotten the same amount of abuse? Some of his dealings were incredible!
Whether we like it or not TF owns the club and he will do what he considers to be right, as long as he stays Chairman. And yes he will amke more mistatkes but for the first time in years we are in safe hands.
I am firmly in the TF camp and will judge him over time - say the next 4-6yrs because whether you all like it or not, he and his shareholders are in it for the long-term.

sorry you cannot compare Gregory to Tone , different eras for one thing
todays football is billion pound operation, yet we lumber from season to season making the same ludicrous mistakes, this will be TF'S 4th year , yet we have no new training ground, no youth team, the stadium is pie in the sky ,
we are still trying to off load the over expensive has beens , but go out and sign rio, Zamora and possibly collison,
when Gregory was in charge , he had mostly the right managers, the right scouts, our youth set up was one of the best in country , he rebuilt Loftus Road, he was an innovator(plastic pitch) , he took this club from a 3rd div club to league cup winners and into Europe
he made mistakes yes and was a bit dodgy , but he is 10 times the owner/chairman that TF can only dream of

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 13:05 - Jul 21 with 1520 viewswhittocksRs

There are commentators out there who have said from day one of Fernandes investing in Rangers that he's much more invested in getting his hands on prime location London ground to make a profit than he is genuinely investing in QPR's infrastructure and doing it that way long-term.

The fact he's pulling out of Warren Farm is a depressing development, and is the issue with Cargiant. If a couple of local do-gooders can put a stop to the training ground, why oh why would TF take on a business that can hire lawyers and put the whole thing in development hell? I'm getting concerned there's an underlying story unfolding that we're all missing.

There's also the issue of the £177m debt and FFP fine, which will be around £50m if the ar$eholes who administer it have their way. Fernandes seems to just wave these issues off when journos ask him about it.

Fernandes needs to make actions that demonstrate his plans very soon or he could find fans turning.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 13:23 - Jul 21 with 1492 viewsadhoc_qpr

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 13:05 - Jul 21 by whittocksRs

There are commentators out there who have said from day one of Fernandes investing in Rangers that he's much more invested in getting his hands on prime location London ground to make a profit than he is genuinely investing in QPR's infrastructure and doing it that way long-term.

The fact he's pulling out of Warren Farm is a depressing development, and is the issue with Cargiant. If a couple of local do-gooders can put a stop to the training ground, why oh why would TF take on a business that can hire lawyers and put the whole thing in development hell? I'm getting concerned there's an underlying story unfolding that we're all missing.

There's also the issue of the £177m debt and FFP fine, which will be around £50m if the ar$eholes who administer it have their way. Fernandes seems to just wave these issues off when journos ask him about it.

Fernandes needs to make actions that demonstrate his plans very soon or he could find fans turning.

Agree with all of this, especially the last part about the FFP fine.

I do think that we are going to get hammered to the tune of about £50m, which is probably where this seeming financial prudence on wages has come from (as opposed to having actually learned any lessons).
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 14:04 - Jul 21 with 1458 viewsMedwayR

I don't believe the conspiracy theories about Fernandes & co only buying the club to get hold of land for several reasons: 1)They previously tried to buy Norwich City which is not in London nor has any prime land to profit from 2)I think they genuinely wanted to buy a football club as they previously bid for Norwich City & West Ham Utd 3)I think that they bought us for the same reason they bought Caterham F1, to raise their profile 4)If they only bought us to get hold of prime land surely they'd have invested more heavily in that side of things rather than waste money on things like F1.

I'll give one reason (because that is all it needs) why we should build the facilities that Spurs & Southampton have: Lallana & Shaw made Southampton c£55m this summer, tidy little profit previously added to profits from Walcott, Bale & Oxlade-Chamberlain to name a few - how can they not consider the academy a wise investment?!?

Poll: Who’s better?

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 14:11 - Jul 21 with 1443 viewswhittocksRs

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 14:04 - Jul 21 by MedwayR

I don't believe the conspiracy theories about Fernandes & co only buying the club to get hold of land for several reasons: 1)They previously tried to buy Norwich City which is not in London nor has any prime land to profit from 2)I think they genuinely wanted to buy a football club as they previously bid for Norwich City & West Ham Utd 3)I think that they bought us for the same reason they bought Caterham F1, to raise their profile 4)If they only bought us to get hold of prime land surely they'd have invested more heavily in that side of things rather than waste money on things like F1.

I'll give one reason (because that is all it needs) why we should build the facilities that Spurs & Southampton have: Lallana & Shaw made Southampton c£55m this summer, tidy little profit previously added to profits from Walcott, Bale & Oxlade-Chamberlain to name a few - how can they not consider the academy a wise investment?!?

Fair enough, well put, but I wouldn't say these are 'conspiracy theories' - this is the noise coming from insiders and journos whose job it is to know about the long-term plan. I think there are serious concerns about our future development in light of TF's comments in the past week.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 14:15 - Jul 21 with 1434 viewsdaveB

Another factor is that unless you have the top graded academy in this country it really is almost pointless developing your own players as the top level academies can take your best players for naff all. if they get into your first team like at Southampton you have a lot more protection but a lot of clubs with academies at a level we are striving for are losing kids for nothing aged 15/16 and all the heard work and investment brings no rewards at all.

I think QPR need to make Warren Farm work but it's going to take more than nice facilities to make it work and there is miles more we could be doing now to make us a lot more effective in that area.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 15:54 - Jul 21 with 1368 viewsRangersAreBack

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 12:35 - Jul 21 by BostonR

TF does not own the club. He is part of a consortium that owns a share in the club. He just happens to enjoy the limelight whilst his partners prefer to stay in the background. By contrast Mittal owns his share lock, stock, and barrel.

Being an owner (or part-owner in this case) doesn't necessarily qualify you to be chairman. The owner of Spurs is not chairman of Spurs. Amit has no shareholding in QPR but made a better fist of being chairman than TF.

I suspect that TF's partners and the Mittals are generally fed up with TF throwing good money at bad and accruing huge levels of debt for little or no return. Why is it that only now TF announces that QPR will stick to a strict budget? Surely this is basic business policy that should have been in place from the beginning of his tenure (alongside a sensible transfer policy).
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:22 - Jul 21 with 1345 viewsBostonR

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 15:54 - Jul 21 by RangersAreBack

TF does not own the club. He is part of a consortium that owns a share in the club. He just happens to enjoy the limelight whilst his partners prefer to stay in the background. By contrast Mittal owns his share lock, stock, and barrel.

Being an owner (or part-owner in this case) doesn't necessarily qualify you to be chairman. The owner of Spurs is not chairman of Spurs. Amit has no shareholding in QPR but made a better fist of being chairman than TF.

I suspect that TF's partners and the Mittals are generally fed up with TF throwing good money at bad and accruing huge levels of debt for little or no return. Why is it that only now TF announces that QPR will stick to a strict budget? Surely this is basic business policy that should have been in place from the beginning of his tenure (alongside a sensible transfer policy).

Making mistakes is part of the game in business. TF and the Board should be judged over time and I see that as being the next 4-6yrs.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:27 - Jul 21 with 1331 viewsRangersAreBack

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:22 - Jul 21 by BostonR

Making mistakes is part of the game in business. TF and the Board should be judged over time and I see that as being the next 4-6yrs.

They've had 3 years - more than enough time to be judged. No other business would tolerate lack of results and a burgeoning debt over this period.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:34 - Jul 21 with 1322 viewsvblockranger

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:22 - Jul 21 by BostonR

£175 million debt accrued in the 3 years since he took charge and nothing to show for it. Near to 50 players signed on perm or loan. Thats a lot of mistakes, maybe too many for the men that back him with their money. Time for him to step down and let someone else have a go in the chair imo. He will have more time for tweeting about the academy/training ground/stadium/"world class" players that are not leaving.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 16:38]
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:54 - Jul 21 with 1297 viewsadhoc_qpr

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:27 - Jul 21 by RangersAreBack

They've had 3 years - more than enough time to be judged. No other business would tolerate lack of results and a burgeoning debt over this period.

They have had results, they just haven't been good ones...

The debt is only going one way too, despite the very recent belt tightening with an FFP fine hanging over us.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:56 - Jul 21 with 1287 viewsdanehoop

Except they have had results. They got back into the Premiership.

Never knowingly understood

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:01 - Jul 21 with 1273 viewsWeaverQPR

So for minus 175m we are exactly where we were when he took over.

@WeavQPR

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:02 - Jul 21 with 1267 viewsadhoc_qpr

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:56 - Jul 21 by danehoop

Yes we got promoted, but all that means is we are exactly where we were when TF et al took over 3 years ago, but in much worse financial shape and not really any better off on the pitch either!

Calling it standing still would be generous.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:04 - Jul 21 with 1256 viewspaulparker

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:56 - Jul 21 by danehoop

Only after taking us down to the championship, squandering millions in the process,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:39 - Jul 21 with 1228 viewstimcocking

My Buddha, we have a load of Victor Meldrews on this site. Give me bloody strength. Talk about guilty until proven innocent. I think some people have...somewhat idealistic/unrealistic expectations. It's always easy to criticise other people.

Also, Interesting to know we have so many psychics on this forum. To think I didn't even know such a thing is possible!

Obviously, I am also very concerned; I'd be lying if I said otherwise. But I do hope Tony proves the doubters wrong, because he seems such a good chap and I can't help but like him. He's more of a gentlemen than most on here. My faith in human nature (what little remains) will take another blow if he leaves us shafted.

Fingers crossed, because we could be miles up a particularly sh!tty creek without much in the way of paddles.

No change there then.

Ps I still wouldn't want to be playing in pink polka dots though.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:42 - Jul 21 with 1222 viewsdaveB

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

When Warnock had a tight budget he signed Perone, Gabbidon and Bothroyd so not sure it would have made much difference
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:50 - Jul 21 with 1209 viewsRangersAreBack

As others have said, only after getting us relegated with a collection of very expensive flops and crocks. We are back in the same boat as when TF took over, only this time £170m in debt and rising.

TF promised he would leave Twitter; he's returned. TF said Caterham wasn't for sale, only to sell weeks later. TF announced a new training ground at Warren Farm, now he's suggesting QPR may pull out. TF has waxed lyrical about a new stadium at Old Oak only for the owner of Car Giant to pour cold water on the proposal. TF claimed his pants were pulled down when he first took over and promised it would be different this time around; QPR have just signed Rio Ferdinand. TF went on record to say he would quit as chairman if we were relegated. He's still in the hotseat having put nothing concrete in place whilst saddling QPR with mind boggling levels of debts.

Now I'm not suggesting for a second that TF's investment is unwelcome but in my book he is only part of a consortium and should have no more say in the running of the club than either his co-investors or Mittal.

Bottom line is if the Warren Farm project is not delivered within the next 3 years (with tangible foundations in place within 1) then he has failed as chairman and should step down.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 18:02 - Jul 21 with 1196 viewsBostonR

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:34 - Jul 21 by vblockranger

£175 million debt accrued in the 3 years since he took charge and nothing to show for it. Near to 50 players signed on perm or loan. Thats a lot of mistakes, maybe too many for the men that back him with their money. Time for him to step down and let someone else have a go in the chair imo. He will have more time for tweeting about the academy/training ground/stadium/"world class" players that are not leaving.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 16:38]

Who's debt is it? If I am not mistaken there was a qoute recently attributed to the shareholders that basically said the debt is there problem. They may well write it off.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 18:03 - Jul 21 with 1195 viewsTopCat34

Really don't understand the flak TF's getting. Must be one of the most honest,open and supporter conscious chairmen in the Premier League. There are clubs out there with owners far worse than TF, you only have to look at the previous regime here to see that. Ok, we've not advanced a great deal in terms of our position, but you can be certain that we wouldn't be in a significantly better position had Briatore and co not managed to sell. Ok, the board made huge mistakes in terms of signing players, and contracts but they also created a better relationship between the board and supporters, that really doesn't exist at many other clubs. I can't believe that any other perspective buyers would have kept Warnock, and not tried to sign hundreds of players. Especially if it was the first time they were buying a club. Actually, I can't remember anyone else being interested in buying the club, it wasn't exactly a case of Briatore picking his best offer. He was picking his only offer. So, actually we are significantly better off than being owner less, or up for sale for months and months, wouldn't have been surprised if we plummeted through the leagues in that situation. NW said the conditions at the club at the time when Briatore was trying to sell meant so many players turned us down. I doubt we'd have been able to put a team out had Fernandes not bought the club. We are back where we started, but it was always going to be difficult, and the board definitely seem to have more of a contingency plan in place.

[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 18:05]
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 18:07 - Jul 21 with 1898 viewsRangersAreBack

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 18:02 - Jul 21 by BostonR

Who's debt is it? If I am not mistaken there was a qoute recently attributed to the shareholders that basically said the debt is there problem. They may well write it off.

The accounts show that the debt is leveraged against the club. That's the fact. Anything else you hear is just another soundbyte to keep the uninitiated onside.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 18:34 - Jul 21 with 1868 viewsRangersAreBack

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 18:03 - Jul 21 by TopCat34

Really don't understand the flak TF's getting. Must be one of the most honest,open and supporter conscious chairmen in the Premier League. There are clubs out there with owners far worse than TF, you only have to look at the previous regime here to see that. Ok, we've not advanced a great deal in terms of our position, but you can be certain that we wouldn't be in a significantly better position had Briatore and co not managed to sell. Ok, the board made huge mistakes in terms of signing players, and contracts but they also created a better relationship between the board and supporters, that really doesn't exist at many other clubs. I can't believe that any other perspective buyers would have kept Warnock, and not tried to sign hundreds of players. Especially if it was the first time they were buying a club. Actually, I can't remember anyone else being interested in buying the club, it wasn't exactly a case of Briatore picking his best offer. He was picking his only offer. So, actually we are significantly better off than being owner less, or up for sale for months and months, wouldn't have been surprised if we plummeted through the leagues in that situation. NW said the conditions at the club at the time when Briatore was trying to sell meant so many players turned us down. I doubt we'd have been able to put a team out had Fernandes not bought the club. We are back where we started, but it was always going to be difficult, and the board definitely seem to have more of a contingency plan in place.

[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 18:05]

Listen carefully, I shall say this only once. FERNANDES DID NOT BUY THE CLUB. He is part of a consortium that together purchased a share.

Mittal was interested in buying Briatore and Ecclestone's share. He made an offer that was rejected because it did not meet their valuation. Mittal refused to increase his offer because he knew the only way Briatore and Ecclestone could get their valuation was to sell QPR as a premier league club before the transfer window closed.

Unfortunately for Mittal, Briatore and Ecclestone went up and down the paddocks desperately looking for interest in buying their share and found it in Fernandes. He convinced a few mates to chip in and together they bought a share of the club.

Had Briatore and Ecclestone not found Fernandes before the transfer window closed, the valuation would have tumbled and they would have had little option but re-consider Mittal's offer. Had this happened, Mittal would have owned the club lock, stock and barrel and I suspect QPR would be in better shape than they are today.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 18:50]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024