Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? 16:39 - Jul 18 with 16711 viewsNov77

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-make-shock-admis
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 16:40]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:37 - Jul 18 with 2111 viewsBostonR

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:19 - Jul 18 by Northernr

Because when you invest in facilities you can see them. They get built. Buildings and stuff. Physical, tangible things that you can see and touch and use.

With respect NorthernR how do you know the investment is not there to build stuff as you put it? Would you invest in a real estate project if you were not sure you had done a full due dilligence on the project?
TF is right on thiS one. Move on-there will always be other partners willing to make things happen.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:38 - Jul 18 with 2111 viewsvblockranger

Long time reader of the forum but first time poster and i must say i find this news worrying. First TF backs out of Caterham after months of inspiring tweeting and bullshit that he was "here to stay" now after going after Warren Farm for a couple of years he drops it and deems it as not "cost effective". Hopefully the OOC mega entertainment complex goes tits up as well so that when he walks away we still might remain relevant to the club i grew up supporting. Loves a tweet, loves an interview, loves free advertising for his airline but doesnt walk the walk all that much does he? and when he does he gets it wrong. Nice fella though apparently.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:42 - Jul 18 with 2085 viewsbaz_qpr

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:26 - Jul 18 by JonDoeman

They were refused their appeal against a decision not to allow a judicial review : http://www.pr-portal.com/2014/05/14/court-turns-down-community-challenge-of-eali

Where can they go from there? I thought that was it over.

There is a fine print in that judgement and that was the way the judge appreciated the concern and capped the court costs to nothing for the campaign and £5k for the council.

This in effect gives them leave to keep challenging on every little aspect with out incurring anything other than the costs of the lawyers who I think are volunteering their services. In addition to this the indoor 3g cranford pitches were waved through and the club had to commit to using the facilites for 5 years.

I am not aware of any financial troubles for Air Asia I noted in the summer that Amit had joined their board. If anything recent events with MAS will make them stronger.

I think the big prize has always been Old Oak farm and I dont think they want to fight on both fronts when they could factor a training facility into there as well.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 17:43]
Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:44 - Jul 18 with 2074 viewsselgovaeR

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:23 - Jul 18 by wood_hoop

Spot on Clive, hundreds of millions pissed up the wall purely as an advertising exercise, but then anybody that dosn't think TF is the 'second coming' is regarded with some disdain by many, the man is a con artist, that's what advertising really is, a big con to buy their goods, unfortunatly for the 'wonder business man' well and truly got it wrong in so many ways.

New training ground all but gone, new stadium, a pie in the sky project and one I never took seriously, we will be very lucky if we are not bumping along the bottom come Xmas, then the fun really begins.........

Hi Fellow Rs
Had to post on this topic been reading for years
Cheese Lincolnshire Poacher

This is a terrible decision from the club and not I would for a min defend that tit Hughes but the only thing that he said that I would agree with during his tenure was that our training ground was not any where near being up to being of standard required in the modern game.

Also this puts into my mind that Harry doesn't give a s##t about the training ground either as he does very little coaching on it
No way is he thinking about the long term future of our club any performance coach in the world who wanted the best for his team and players would be wanting to work in and with the best possible training facilities possible.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:45 - Jul 18 with 2062 viewsbaz_qpr

He only sold the F1 team, not much point retaining it if you are not into it that much any more
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:46 - Jul 18 with 2054 viewsBostonR

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:42 - Jul 18 by baz_qpr

There is a fine print in that judgement and that was the way the judge appreciated the concern and capped the court costs to nothing for the campaign and £5k for the council.

This in effect gives them leave to keep challenging on every little aspect with out incurring anything other than the costs of the lawyers who I think are volunteering their services. In addition to this the indoor 3g cranford pitches were waved through and the club had to commit to using the facilites for 5 years.

I am not aware of any financial troubles for Air Asia I noted in the summer that Amit had joined their board. If anything recent events with MAS will make them stronger.

I think the big prize has always been Old Oak farm and I dont think they want to fight on both fronts when they could factor a training facility into there as well.

Blimey! Someone else who has the rude handle on events. Totally agree with your overview. The big prize is indeed Old Oak Common and I am sure TF and his partners have the money to wade in on that prize.
Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:47 - Jul 18 with 2047 viewsNorthernr

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:37 - Jul 18 by BostonR

With respect NorthernR how do you know the investment is not there to build stuff as you put it? Would you invest in a real estate project if you were not sure you had done a full due dilligence on the project?
TF is right on thiS one. Move on-there will always be other partners willing to make things happen.

Because they're not building anything. Let's see a spade go in the ground somewhere. On a training ground. On a stadium. On some changing rooms. On anything. At the moment they've spruced Harlington up a bit - put some boards up around the pitch, some new gym equipment, a few pictures and posters with 'winners' written on them. As usual with TF, lots and lots of talk and no actual action.

Show us you're investing in facilities by building some rather than talking about it.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:48 - Jul 18 with 2042 viewsBostonR

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:46 - Jul 18 by BostonR

Blimey! Someone else who has the rude handle on events. Totally agree with your overview. The big prize is indeed Old Oak Common and I am sure TF and his partners have the money to wade in on that prize.

Apologies baz-I meant right handle on events.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:48 - Jul 18 with 2041 viewsMaggsinho

Can't we wait and see what develops before predicting the end of the world and multiple worse case scenarios? So far we've had:

Mitals no longer putting money into the club
New stadium cancelled
Bottom of the league at Christmas
Redknapp doesn't coach/care
Etc

All from one article in the local press!
Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:59 - Jul 18 with 1985 viewsnadera78

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:08 - Jul 18 by BostonR

Where is the evidence to back-up your claim that investors have pulled the plug? If that were the case they would have moved on when the club was relegated.

TF is never going to please everyone and there are some on this board that would rather go back to having collection buckets being passed around. TF is right about Warren Farm. The sandal wearing liberal brigade have too much influence over the planning process in this country which is why wholesale parts of the country are blighted by under-investment.

I am with TF on this one. Move on and invest at Harlington or elsewhere.

Why is it that, whenever someone criticises TF, you get some pr*ck spouting crap about them wanting to return to bucket collections?
Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 18:10 - Jul 18 with 1950 viewsMatch82

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:47 - Jul 18 by Northernr

Because they're not building anything. Let's see a spade go in the ground somewhere. On a training ground. On a stadium. On some changing rooms. On anything. At the moment they've spruced Harlington up a bit - put some boards up around the pitch, some new gym equipment, a few pictures and posters with 'winners' written on them. As usual with TF, lots and lots of talk and no actual action.

Show us you're investing in facilities by building some rather than talking about it.

I thought I saw last year that we had broken ground on new facilities of some kind? Am I just completely mis-remembering that? (There's a very good chance this is the case)
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 18:17 - Jul 18 with 1932 viewsloftboy

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:05 - Jul 18 by connell10

expect the "we dont need a new stadium" next!

Shame!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 18:18 - Jul 18 with 1932 viewsloftboy

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:05 - Jul 18 by connell10

expect the "we dont need a new stadium" next!

Shame

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 18:32 - Jul 18 with 1882 viewsBklynRanger

There is, Shirley, only a finite amount of upgrading that could occur at Harlington before they'd reach a point where they were doing major structural renovations on a facility that isn't theirs? So I just don't see how that makes sense as an option.

That's the worrying part for me. Not that he wants to move on from Warren Farm but that he's not saying they've identified another site. If that were the case I could put it down to strategy but this seems more like he's just speaking his brains.

I think there's a lot of truth in Baz's suggestion that Old Oak is the big prize and they want to concentrate on that.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 19:12 - Jul 18 with 1732 viewsQPR442

We do have some 'Doom and gloomers' on here. From one article about Warren farm the whole club is going down the pan.

Cannot agree with the Air Asia comments as recently TF has ordered 100 new plans and I believe that the (Japan route?) is being reopened to his company. It has just won an airline award. Amit is on board, so I guess it all sounds promising.
I also cannot agree that the Mittals are not interested. Maybe their celebration at Wembley was a dream?

However
TF did say the future was a new training ground and like the F1 team he seems to be ditching it? Some of his comments come across a bit dumb as well but all clubs have challenges and I guess this is one for us.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 19:16 - Jul 18 with 1724 viewsrichranger

This is all very baffling. On top of the bad news on Warren Farm it seems that Car Giant, who own the land our new stadium is supposed to be built on, won't budge.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 19:21 - Jul 18 with 1712 viewsSpiritofGregory

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 16:43 - Jul 18 by blacky200

If they do scrap the idea I hope the residents who kicked up a fuss are proud of their decaying sh*thole that is only going to get worse and the council up their taxes for the upkeep of it.

Hope the Council build a dirty big Council Estate on it.
Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 19:37 - Jul 18 with 1673 viewsSpiritofGregory

Qpr to scrap warren farm plans..... on 17:47 - Jul 18 by Northernr

I hope that Tony has something up his sleeve because up to now his chairmanship of our club has been a joke.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 19:39 - Jul 18 with 1670 viewsthehat

I dont care if they train over Gunnersbury park as long as they turn up Saturday afternoon and put a shift in!!!
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 19:39 - Jul 18 with 1670 viewsMaggsinho

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 19:16 - Jul 18 by richranger

This is all very baffling. On top of the bad news on Warren Farm it seems that Car Giant, who own the land our new stadium is supposed to be built on, won't budge.

That's just positioning to get a larger slice of compensation I suspect. They were never going to turn around and say "Oh you need us to move do you? Sure, right away!"
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 19:39 - Jul 18 with 1669 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If this is scare tactics then who is he trying to scare and to what end?

The residents? This is good news for them.

The judiciary? Why would they have their impartiality affected?

The council? They're no longer part if the decision process?

I don't see the angle.

Which brings us to the very real possibility that he's serious.

As for his comments on facilities and coaching? Laughable.

Worrying at first glance. I hope there's something I'm missing...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 19:40 - Jul 18 with 1664 viewsJonDoeman

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 17:42 - Jul 18 by baz_qpr

Cheers Baz, they should be done for wasting court time!!

It Is What It Is !!

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 20:28 - Jul 18 with 1568 viewsingeminate

This is bad news, makes me think he's completely capable of getting us a new stadium but it turning out nothing like he said it would. This is probably the first time I have had serious doubts about Fernandes.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 20:33 - Jul 18 with 1551 viewsYorkRanger

Fernandes out.
QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 21:36 - Jul 18 with 2082 viewsfLaMeBoY

QPR to scrap Warren Farm plans and stay at Harlington? on 19:12 - Jul 18 by QPR442

We do have some 'Doom and gloomers' on here. From one article about Warren farm the whole club is going down the pan.

Cannot agree with the Air Asia comments as recently TF has ordered 100 new plans and I believe that the (Japan route?) is being reopened to his company. It has just won an airline award. Amit is on board, so I guess it all sounds promising.
I also cannot agree that the Mittals are not interested. Maybe their celebration at Wembley was a dream?

However
TF did say the future was a new training ground and like the F1 team he seems to be ditching it? Some of his comments come across a bit dumb as well but all clubs have challenges and I guess this is one for us.

Just picking up on this.

1/ TF/AA are trying to lease out majority of the 100 planes ordered as they can't afford them and in hindsight wasn't the best of ideas. It's great PR buying 100 planes, best low cost airline (in Asia!) etc

2/ Going back to Japan....after pulling out last time as they lost a ton a cash. Currently losing a ton in Phillipines.

3/ Mittals still involved with QPR. They are just not pumping cash into the club as they did last year and want to see the club run properly with what it's got. They don't want to dilute their shareholding any further.
Amit is on the board of AA (just joined) but not investing, probably using it as experience of being on a public board.

4/ AA and many such airlines are struggling to raise cash. The Malay government will bail out MAS, albeit it will need even more cash/help after the yesterdays terrible disaster.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024